The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Active fighter wise, who has the best win?

+4
AdamT
Pedro147
ONETWOFOREVER
RanjitPatel
8 posters

Go down

Active fighter wise, who has the best win? Empty Active fighter wise, who has the best win?

Post by RanjitPatel Mon 31 Aug 2015, 10:11 am

Seen this posed on another site and thought it was a good one.

Marquez ko'ing Pacquaio, Floyd over Alvarez or even Boone's win against Stevenson?

Who have you got?

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Active fighter wise, who has the best win? Empty Re: Active fighter wise, who has the best win?

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 31 Aug 2015, 11:24 am

Crawford beating Gamboa

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Active fighter wise, who has the best win? Empty Re: Active fighter wise, who has the best win?

Post by RanjitPatel Mon 31 Aug 2015, 11:46 am

That's a good one. I'd say that was in the same sort of league as Rigo over Donaire or Walters over Donaire even. Bigger guys winning. Still good wins though.

It's tough to pick one but I think, even though they were past their best, Marquez knocking Pacquaio out takes some beating.

Last edited by RanjitPatel on Mon 31 Aug 2015, 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Mon 31 Aug 2015, 12:03 pm

Rigo over Donaire?

Fought Donaire at his best weight, was the smaller man and Donaire also the betting favourite going into it (I think).

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Mon 31 Aug 2015, 12:18 pm

Kovalev V Pascal deserves a mention due to the fight itself and the way Kovalev finished a guy that had never been stopped.
Roman Gonzalez beating Estrada could be a great win in the future and is right up there now seeing as how Estrada has gone on since that defeat.

I rate Garcia's win over Matthysse as a top tier win also. Most expected Garcia to beaten handily but he boxed brilliantly. I suppose Lucas eye makes it contentious in that it might not have been a Garcia win without the injury, but I think it would.

Wlad beating Povetkin? 1 beating 2 of the division and winning every round and probably should have stopped him.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 31 Aug 2015, 12:18 pm

Marquez over Pac for me.

Definitely Rigo vs Donaire great win.

Pacquiao vs Cotto as well. It was a catch weight, but Manny annihilated him.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 31 Aug 2015, 1:49 pm

Cotto over Mosley
Hopkins over Trinidad
Pacquiao over Marquez
Mosley over De la Hoya

Those are the four stand-outs that immediately spring to mind.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 31 Aug 2015, 1:50 pm

Jones over Toney also.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Mon 31 Aug 2015, 2:05 pm

hazharrison wrote:Jones over Toney also.

It's a shame that we can still count Jones as an active fighter. Same with Mosley although his first win over DLH was a great performance.

Got to agree with Adam's Pacquaio dominating Cotto pick. Wanted Cotto to win and thought he would (thinking Pacquaio was too small and Cotto too good) so was a little stunned from the fourth round on. Shouldn't have been surprised after the way he demolished Hatton.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 31 Aug 2015, 2:14 pm

Briggs over Foreman? Wink

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 31 Aug 2015, 2:18 pm

I absolutely loved Corralles vs Castillo 1. Amazing comeback probably round of the year. That comeback alone just gave you goosebumps and made me realise what a great great sport we love.

I'd go with:

Rigo vs Donaire
Gonzalez vs Mares (quite a big upset to be fair)
Klitschko vs Povetkin
JMM vs Pacman 4

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Mon 31 Aug 2015, 3:36 pm

Pacquiao over Marquez?

Do controversial decisions count?

Might as well stick Peterson vs Khan and Bradley vs Pac then.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 31 Aug 2015, 4:18 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:I absolutely loved Corralles vs Castillo 1. Amazing comeback probably round of the year. That comeback alone just gave you goosebumps and made me realise what a great great sport we love.

I'd go with:

Rigo vs Donaire
Gonzalez vs Mares (quite a big upset to be fair)
Klitschko vs Povetkin
JMM vs Pacman 4

Klitschko over Povetkin? Povetkin's an average heavyweight and Wlad's performance was dismal. Strange one.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 31 Aug 2015, 4:20 pm

AdamT wrote:Pacquiao over Marquez?

Do controversial decisions count?

Might as well stick Peterson vs Khan and Bradley vs Pac then.

The second fight was close but deserved - Pacquiao pulling out a knockdown to seal the decision.

I don't see the relevance of your examples. Khan is no Marquez and Pacquiao was flat out robbed against Bradley.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 31 Aug 2015, 4:23 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Briggs over Foreman? Wink

A controversial win over a geriatric version of Foreman? Great win on paper only.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 31 Aug 2015, 4:53 pm

Yup - except there was nothing controversial about it. Foreman won it clearly.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 01 Sep 2015, 9:30 am

Floyd over Pac, surely? Not as good as it could have been but still better than any other win out there.

Only other I can think of, between two (still) active fighters at their absolute peaks, is Rigo over Donaire.

Sensational.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down