The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris?

+3
spikes and spokes
teassoc
lsabre
7 posters

Go down

Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris?

Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris? Vote_lcap8%Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris? Vote_lcap8%Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris? Vote_lcap31%Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris? Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]
Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris? Vote_lcap15%Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris? Vote_lcap31%Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris? Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]
Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris? Vote_lcap0%Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris? Vote_lcap0%Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris? Vote_lcap7%Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 13

Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris? Empty Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris?

Post by lsabre Fri 25 Feb 2011, 12:38 am

As we're turning round the top bend towards the home straight to the European Indoor Champs in Paris, who among the lesser known members of the British squad do you think will turn in a startling display into the medals?

Last edited by lsabre on Tue 01 Mar 2011, 11:46 am; edited 3 times in total

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris? Empty Re: Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris?

Post by Guest Fri 25 Feb 2011, 9:43 am

Its Holly for me 4.60 please Holly.

Back to top Go down

Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris? Empty Re: Who is going to be Britain's surprise 'package' in Paris?

Post by teassoc Fri 25 Feb 2011, 9:47 am

flashcoach wrote:Its Holly for me 4.60 please Holly.

Wouldn't expect 4:60 to medal though? Great if she can do that though.

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by spikes and spokes Fri 25 Feb 2011, 9:53 am

Looking at surprises, Osagie for me.

spikes and spokes

Back to top Go down

Post by East End Bodybuilder Fri 25 Feb 2011, 1:11 pm

On the men's side I would take a punt on Nigel Levine having the best chance of a medal. On the women's side the one name that leaps out is Jodie Williams, but nothing she does would surprise me . . .

East End Bodybuilder

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Fri 25 Feb 2011, 2:13 pm

I think Bernice Wilson has the potential to surprise a lot of people

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by skimpton Fri 25 Feb 2011, 2:45 pm

I think it is great that we have so many newbies with a realistic surprise possibility.
Osagie and Williams

skimpton

Back to top Go down

Post by skimpton Fri 25 Feb 2011, 2:45 pm

realistic surprise possibility doh! i think you know what i mean.

skimpton

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Sun 27 Feb 2011, 10:25 am

As I can see, we've got a tie between Andie Osagie and Nigel Levine up front so far!

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Sun 27 Feb 2011, 12:49 pm

Were Joe Thomas and Stacy Smith in the original list? Smile

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Sun 27 Feb 2011, 2:41 pm

Stacey was but I've just added Thomas, Teassoc! I originally thought that eight options, four men and four women, would be suitable but now Thomas is turning into a dark horse ahead of the Europeans.

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Tue 01 Mar 2011, 9:34 am

Wow, we've got a new leader and that's, not surprisingly, Nigel Levine!

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 01 Mar 2011, 10:11 am

Fallen a bit out of touch with Athletics recently. Anyone have the patience to give a brief background to these guys?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Tue 01 Mar 2011, 11:19 am

Well, here's a concise account of the above listed athletes, Scottrf:

Richard Strachan, 24, holds a total PB of 45.74secs since 2009 and has occasionally figured in British 4x400m teams at European Cups. He's enjoying a breakthrough season with a massive late indoor PB of 46.35 secs, heralded by a string of huge PBs over 200m in the lead-up, and is currently lying 6th in the European lists.

Andie Osagie, 23, is also on a sharp upward curve and has improved his indoor PB substantially to 1:46.59, also sixth fastest in Europe, having missed out narrowly on a place in the final at the World Indoor Champs in Doha last year. A top three European U20 in 1987 but missed the respective championships through injury, struggled to apply in the senior territory for a couple of seasons but is now steadily making his mark.

Nigel Levine, 21, was European U23 silver medallist in a PB of 45.78 secs in 2009 and 4th at the European U20s in 2007. After a quiet 2010, he's roared back in style to third in the European rankings in a huge indoor PB of 46.17 in winning at the recent Aviva Grand Prix in Birmingham.

Joe Thomas, 23, actually beat Osagie at the UK indoor champs this winter and has set PBs of 1:47.87 (indoor) and 47.94 secs over 800 and 400m respectively. He was 7th at the Commowealths in Delhi last October.

Last edited by lsabre on Tue 01 Mar 2011, 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 01 Mar 2011, 11:26 am

Much appreciated, Isabre.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Tue 01 Mar 2011, 10:21 pm

You're very welcome Scott!

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Fri 04 Mar 2011, 4:31 pm

Could be Tiffany Ofili! Not even on that list but now the fastest for the final.

Last edited by teassoc on Fri 04 Mar 2011, 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarification)

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by lsabre Sat 05 Mar 2011, 10:25 pm

Well, as things look right now, it's turning effectively between Andie Osagie and Jodie Williams, although Richard Strachan didn't do himself any harm either!

lsabre

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Sun 06 Mar 2011, 5:25 pm

Richard Strachan is the only one to medal. Jodie and Andie just missed out but should be proud of their achievements anyway.

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by teassoc Sun 06 Mar 2011, 10:24 pm

Sorry got that one wrong as well. It was Buck who got the medal. So in fact none of them medalled which I gues you'd say was a little disappointing.

teassoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down