The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales V Namibia - Team Thread Etc Etc

+35
HERSH
BlueNote
QuickBall
mrzimmerman
littleswannygirl
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
mckay1402
TrailApe
Glas a du
jammoboss
Breadvan
Biltong
Cari
Seagultaf
Portnoy
wales606
Londonwelsh
gavstar
scoi
munkian
RubyGuby
flyhalffactory
youngguns6
Gatts
wayne
Taffineastbourne
redlamb
Knowsit17
welshy824
Shifty
TycroesOsprey
glamorganalun
maestegmafia
Cymroglan
bedfordwelsh
39 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Wales V Namibia - Team Thread Etc Etc - Page 3 Empty Wales V Namibia - Team Thread Etc Etc

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 18 Sep - 14:12

First topic message reminder :

OK over the last round of matches we have seen both Englnad and Scotland have the chance to change good % of the team and have look at other players but because of the physiciality of our group we not had that chance and won't be able to against Fiji.

SO, and with no offence to the Namibians this game will be our only chance to rotte some of the players so here's what I would do and why if all fit

Jenkins (needs game time)
Burns
Mitchell
Davies
AWJ
R Jones
Powell
Warburton

Knoyle
Hook (not working at XV)

Brew
Davies
Sc Williams
North

Halfpenny

James,Owens,Charterris,Faletau, L Williams, S Jones Byrne

QUite few changes butt hat side should still be able to get the bp win we need
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Wales V Namibia - Team Thread Etc Etc - Page 3 Empty Re: Wales V Namibia - Team Thread Etc Etc

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 25 Sep - 10:03

Portnoy wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:OK over the last round of matches we have seen both Englnad and Scotland have the chance to change good % of the team and have look at other players but because of the physiciality of our group we not had that chance and won't be able to against Fiji.

Fast rewind <<

" but because of the physiciality of our group we not had that chance"

Scotland and England have been eating cucumber sandwiches on the lawn against Argentina, Georgia and Romania.

Utter bollix.

No way is Geogia and Romania in the same league as Samoa SA or Fiji, both teams were still able to make numerous changes and get (in the end) comfortable wins.

Namibia is the first chance we have had to rest our 1st team and give some of the back up players a run out.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Wales V Namibia - Team Thread Etc Etc - Page 3 Empty Re: Wales V Namibia - Team Thread Etc Etc

Post by Seagultaf Sun 25 Sep - 15:05

FHF is not alone in his view that Hook is a long way away from being a top class 10. It appears that Gatland prefers Jones and Preistland at 10 and Johnson at the Ospreys prefers Biggar.We don't get many posters claiming Jones, Preistland and Biggar are the next Dan Carter!

No doubt that with Hook you do get the odd moment of brilliance, but this is interspersed with much mediocrity, poor concentration and weak defence. He had a run in the 10 shirt in the last 6N, which culminated in probably the worst display by a Welsh 10 since Gavin Henson in Dublin.

Please don’t dismiss any critic of Hook as someone who has a personal issue with the player. There is no doubt that he was a hugely promising player in his youth but he should now be in his prime and it is time to deliver, Perpignan could be his last chance!

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sun 25 Sep - 18:08

I am critical of Hook at 10 but I don't think he has been given a run at it so his performances have suffered

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 25 Sep - 18:49

Hook wont be in the Wales squad next year anyway. Gatland is trying to push Priestland now instead.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sun 25 Sep - 18:55

AlynDavies wrote:Hook wont be in the Wales squad next year anyway. Gatland is trying to push Priestland now instead.
laughing

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sun 25 Sep - 20:58

AlynDavies wrote:Hook wont be in the Wales squad next year anyway. Gatland is trying to push Priestland now instead.

Actually wouldnt suprise me if Hook becomes a bit of a periphery player in the squad with his move to France.

Gatts(if he is still there) is gonna be culling a lot pf players from the squad so I think we may have seen the last of Ryan, Powell, Byrne, Shane, Wellies, even players like Gethin and Adam are going to be under pressure with mitchell and bevvington prob getting a lot more gametime.

Its going to be a very young exciting squad come 6 nations time, I just hope the old timers manage a good bonus point win tomorrow.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun 25 Sep - 21:04

Ryan, Gethin and Adam have a lot of mileage left in them and we will need them as much as anyone - Unfortunately Powell is the new Huw Bennett and Gats seems to see something many of us dont thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Sun 25 Sep - 21:16

I agree Adam and Gethin have mileage left, Ryan less so, but Adam is unlikely to make the next world cup Gethin even less so. We need to start developing Mitchell much more now and bring Bevvington on as well as identifying back ups and giving them game time.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sun 25 Sep - 21:33

Let us not get ahead of ourselves.One crisis at a time,please.
Seriously,we are are on track,doing ok.Nowt special/nowt too tragic.We still have hope so let us not dilute the moment wth conjecture of the future.
Believe!Enjoy!Come on WALES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 Sun 25 Sep - 21:42

RubyGuby wrote:Ryan, Gethin and Adam have a lot of mileage left in them and we will need them as much as anyone - Unfortunately Powell is the new Huw Bennett and Gats seems to see something many of us dont thumbsup

ah well in that case we need to keep hold of him considering he will suddenly become on form intime for rwc 2015 =D

welshy824

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun 25 Sep - 21:53

welshy824 wrote:
RubyGuby wrote:Ryan, Gethin and Adam have a lot of mileage left in them and we will need them as much as anyone - Unfortunately Powell is the new Huw Bennett and Gats seems to see something many of us dont thumbsup

ah well in that case we need to keep hold of him considering he will suddenly become on form intime for rwc 2015 =D

laughing

Bennett is the best hooker in Wales

I expect JT to come back in the next world cup and become our best 4,5,6,7 and 8, although Powell will be our best 6 and 8 aswell.

Thank god for Huw Bennett this WC...
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 26 Sep - 6:17

Bore da!

Who's watching this here?

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 26 Sep - 6:23

That'll be a no then...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 26 Sep - 6:28

I'm here Smile
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 26 Sep - 6:28

I am with you Cari, in space you're never alone
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Mon 26 Sep - 6:28

At work Cari so listening on talkshi... I mean sport. We do have a TV but its not really allowed on and one of my " colleagues" might go crying to our manager that it was so...... Rolling Eyes
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 26 Sep - 6:29

Yay! All right lads? Good to see a Saffa here with the Taffies Smile

Breadvan - that's why I booked the day off mate!

This commentator sounds like he's speaking on an educational programme rather than sport.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 26 Sep - 6:30

Well I work from home, I asked my boss and I said yes.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 26 Sep - 6:31

Oh ffs we aren't pretending to be All Blacks too are we!?

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 26 Sep - 6:32

Oh Lee Byrne you better have a good game - I'm still unsure about his inclusion. Rolling Eyes

Woooo! Here we go!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 26 Sep - 6:32

Oh I don't like Steve Walsh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 26 Sep - 6:32

Yey im excited, Wales might win this one!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 26 Sep - 6:32

Gatts wrote:Oh ffs we aren't pretending to be All Blacks too are we!?

No, those tops are Welsh slate grey. Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 26 Sep - 6:33

Namibia look terrifieid dont they?
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 26 Sep - 6:33

Yeah I don't understand this did Gatland think red is going to be too close to blue?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 26 Sep - 6:34

Good start....good scrummaging so far too.

Wellies going for the kick....good to see him back.

3 - 0 woooo!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 26 Sep - 6:34

Yey Wellies! Yahoo
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by jammoboss Mon 26 Sep - 6:34

Come on Wales

jammoboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 26 Sep - 6:34

Cari wrote:
Gatts wrote:Oh ffs we aren't pretending to be All Blacks too are we!?

No, those tops are Welsh slate grey. Wink

Great to have a lady's input, what shoes and bag would you pick to go with the slate grey black top they are wearing?

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 26 Sep - 6:35

No handbags here Gatts, the lads need to behave themselves cause misbehaviour means penalties Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 26 Sep - 6:36

AlynDavies wrote:Yey im excited, Wales might win this one!
ooh I don't know Alyn, could be close, by about 60 I reckon
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 26 Sep - 6:37

Wales give away a silly penalty - engaging too soon. Cool heads boys...

Namibia have possession and are making a couple of phases. Forced error though, gives Wales a freebie Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Sep - 6:38

Morning all, pleased I don't have to be in work till half 8 so I can watch some of this match.

So happy for Stephen Jones.

Not a bad start but we are trying to force things already, just need to calm ourselves down, got plenty of time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 26 Sep - 6:39

Scott Williams you beauty! heart

Morning Dreamer Hug

Last edited by AlynDavies on Mon 26 Sep - 6:39; edited 1 time in total
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Sep - 6:39

ha who said Foxy can't pass?! brilliant passage of play there, link up with 1/2p and away goes Scotty. Lovely try.

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 26 Sep - 6:39

There is no substitute for speed
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 26 Sep - 6:40

Scott Williams scores on his world cup debut!!!! YAY!!

Excellent try.

Wellies goes for conversion - awkward angle, just misses.

8 - 0.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 26 Sep - 6:41

Is Scot Williams, Shane Williams` little big brother?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 26 Sep - 6:42

biltongbek wrote:Is Scot Williams, Shane Williams` little big brother?
No Smile
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 26 Sep - 6:42

2 pens at scrum for geth?!

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 26 Sep - 6:42

Bread of Seven on the charge....gwaaan Warbs.

Biltong - I don't think so Very Happy They'd be like Little and Large...

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 26 Sep - 6:43

We are giving away far too many stupid penalties censored
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 26 Sep - 6:44

Yeah should have been David Williams and Goliath Williams
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 26 Sep - 6:45

I was going to say, Wales really need to be careful with that. Thankfully Namibia lost posssession there, they could have easily got through.

Wales on the charge now....Breeeeeeeeeeeeeeew is in under the sticks Very Happy

Wellies converts. 15 - 0.

Last edited by Cari on Mon 26 Sep - 6:46; edited 1 time in total

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 26 Sep - 6:45

Well done Brew! Hug
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Sep - 6:45

Breeeeeeeeeew cuppa

lovely try and good break through by Bradley there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 26 Sep - 6:46

considering South Africa were only 38-0 ahead with 20 minutes to go, you do wonder what could happen here.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon 26 Sep - 6:48

Faletau Yahoo
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 26 Sep - 6:48

Alyn! Don't say that!

Wales just need to stop giving Namibia the breaks, that's when they've been given possession, when Wales have been penalised.

Faletau in! Wooooo!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Mon 26 Sep - 6:50

They are really screwing up my sportguru prediction, if they carry on like this it will be 100 nil

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next