The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally PDV says something sensible...

5 posters

Go down

Finally PDV says something sensible... Empty Finally PDV says something sensible...

Post by Taylorman Sun 18 Sep 2011, 11:25 pm

I knew this would come up eventually and I agree with PDV, the haka has risk of losing its uniqueness... its everywhere, for the wrong reasons, and doesnt need to be.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/5646265/Haka-losing-respect-Springboks-coach

(Posted by the way as a lighter diversion to the very exciting weekend of Rugby...with plenty more to come...!) Yahoo

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Finally PDV says something sensible... Empty Re: Finally PDV says something sensible...

Post by GLove39 Mon 19 Sep 2011, 5:01 am

"finally PDV says something sensible" I wasn't aware he'd announced his immediate retirement...

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Finally PDV says something sensible... Empty Re: Finally PDV says something sensible...

Post by Taylorman Mon 19 Sep 2011, 5:15 am

Cmon we dont need that sort of encouragement.
Hes fine where he is for at least another 6 weeks.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 19 Sep 2011, 6:45 am

Yeah, I read this article yesterday. I understand what he is trying to say, but would prefer him just to say that he now has a better understanding of the Haka. He doesn't have to provide his opinion on behalf of the world that the Haka is losing it's impact. I for one disagree with him.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 19 Sep 2011, 6:47 am

GLove39 wrote:"finally PDV says something sensible" I wasn't aware he'd announced his immediate retirement...

glove, i don't think PDV is calling the shots anymore. If you watched the Fiji game, Rassie erasmus was the one making gestures and animated conversation in the box during the game. PDV was just nodding his head.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Mon 19 Sep 2011, 8:13 am

The Div was bound to say something sensible sooner or later , i mean between tutus,lions in the bushveld and black mechanics he was eventually going to say the right thing .And i for one agree with him ,it seems like there's so many hakas going on across the country at the moment and its losing its uniqueness .We noramally expect to to see the Haka 12 times a year when the Blacks play but with the WC in nz it's been whipped out at every official event plus the flash mobs
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 19 Sep 2011, 8:26 am

It is the world cup, of course we will see many Hakas.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Mon 19 Sep 2011, 11:24 am

Well it is NZ,if England can turn out in All Black strip with Maori symbols on it
they should do a haka now.
Incidendentally with Samoa,Tonga,etc doing there own versions perhaps the Boks should revive there pre-match Zulu wardance.
The All Blacks abandoned the haka in the early 1970`s it was bought back
by Public demand,by there OPPONENTS.
Notably the All Blacks no longer finish it with the traditional leap in the air,no doubt to muscle bound to do it.
Haka is Nz`s Heritage the rest is just RWC razza -ma-tazz,like the bloke blowing the massive pipe just show biz.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 19 Sep 2011, 11:35 am

Alan, something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_hS_DKab8I
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by emack2 Mon 19 Sep 2011, 12:50 pm

Yes,at one time they did it on field when on tour,they also carried a Springbok head for the first team on tour to beat them,London Counties first match 1951-2]only defeat on that tour]and Waikato 1956 first match too.There introduction to D,b.Clarke.

emack2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down