The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Future Q&A’s: Please Read AND Reply.

+7
TheBrownTown
BirminghamPatriot
thunder and lightning
Thomond
Pr4wn
Colan (niner)
Derbyblue
11 posters

Go down

Future Q&A’s: Please Read AND Reply. Empty Future Q&A’s: Please Read AND Reply.

Post by Derbyblue Wed 21 Sep 2011, 4:49 pm

Well guys you may have noticed that in the past few months we have had 3 Q&A’s with current NFL players, if you haven’t noticed or you just want to read them again then please follow the links to read them:
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Linebacker Geno Hayes: https://www.606v2.com/t6302-bucs-linebacker-geno-hayes-answers-our-questions
Buffalo Bills Fullback Corey McIntyre: https://www.606v2.com/t10025-buffalo-bills-fullback-corey-mcintyre-qa
New York Giants Kicker Rhys Lloyd: https://www.606v2.com/t12902-new-york-giants-kicker-rhys-lloyd-qa

The point of this thread though wasn’t just to make you re-read the old Q&A’s it was to try and ensure that any future ones we secure for the American Football section are a success. Basically I felt the Rhys Lloyd Q&A wasn’t as good as I originally thought it would have been (I was expecting more questions and from more people), so this has made me think that most of you weren’t interested in the Q&A. So I was wondering if there were any particular positions you would like to be able to ask about? A connection to a team (play/played for them) you would be interested in? Would you maybe be interested in college players if it was someone well known? Did you prefer it being done through e-mail? This thread isn’t me trying to guarantee that I or anybody else can secure us these Q&A’s but I would like to know this information so that when I do attempt to set up future Q&A's I know I am spending my time on something which people will be interested in.

Thanks for reading and please reply.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Future Q&A’s: Please Read AND Reply. Empty Re: Future Q&A’s: Please Read AND Reply.

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 21 Sep 2011, 5:10 pm

I think your Q&A's have been really good but college players would give lots of options for questions, good idea. Denard Robinson please:), damontre moore or jonathan massaquoi, jayron hosely would be amazing as would cliff harris, would love to hear from a cornerback

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Future Q&A’s: Please Read AND Reply. Empty Re: Future Q&A’s: Please Read AND Reply.

Post by Pr4wn Wed 21 Sep 2011, 5:30 pm

Agreed that a corner would be a great insight into a unique position.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 21 Sep 2011, 5:32 pm

I know that there may be some ex-Nfl players at Wembley. If you asked NflUk who it will be you could get a one on one with them. I think Warren Sapp may be there,could be interesting.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 21 Sep 2011, 5:33 pm

if we could get a good college corner, jayron hosely would be the ultimate person for the job

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Wed 21 Sep 2011, 5:55 pm

I'd be interested in hearing from a TE due to the hybrid nature of the position.

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed 21 Sep 2011, 7:08 pm

Thanks for the replies so far guys, I'll try my best when I get enough spare time to get another one arranged, though it may be tough as the season is now underway.

niner wrote:Denard Robinson please:)
Strangely it was the fact he now has a twitter account, that made me think some people may be interested in a Q&A with a college player.

Thomond wrote:I know that there may be some ex-Nfl players at Wembley. If you asked NflUk who it will be you could get a one on one with them. I think Warren Sapp may be there,could be interesting.
Great idea. I think I've read something about Warren Sapp being there too, if we ever got that to happen I guess we should let Pr4wn meet him.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by BirminghamPatriot Wed 21 Sep 2011, 7:33 pm

What about a member of the coaching staff? College level or NFL.

BirminghamPatriot

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBrownTown Wed 21 Sep 2011, 8:14 pm

I'd personally be much more interested in NFL players/coaches/ex-players. I think the obvious pick for position is QB, but that may be quite hard to arrange. I also love the idea of Warren Sapp

TheBrownTown

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyforger Wed 21 Sep 2011, 8:21 pm

I'd be interested in someone who'd moved around a number of teams or who'd experienced a number of coaches, to get an idea of just how difficult it is to adapt to different set-ups and different locker-room mentalities.

Or anyone from the Patriots Yahoo

Skyforger

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 21 Sep 2011, 8:45 pm

Having forwarded the idea,I think I should do the questioning Whistle

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Wed 21 Sep 2011, 9:52 pm

Earl Thomas please
he quite active
(and he is umm my favorite player) Wink
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by arizona_tom Wed 21 Sep 2011, 10:22 pm

I like the ideas put forward and have enjoyed the first 2 qandas. I didnt see the last one, but iv had asked a question even if it was a kicker.

My only idea of improving is rather than doing it through twitter, using maybe email? to get longer, more in depth answers.
But other than that keep going would be great to question any more players.
And warren sapp would be brilliant

arizona_tom

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed 21 Sep 2011, 11:10 pm

BirminghamPatriot wrote:What about a member of the coaching staff? College level or NFL.
Would those interested in asking coaches questions, accept ex-NFL/College coaches? Also would UFL coaches be acceptable, many will have had time in the college ranks and the NFL, also all UFL headcoaches have a twitter so might be more responsive to us.

Thomond wrote:Having forwarded the idea,I think I should do the questioning Whistle
Well if it ever happens maybe he would let you both meet him, then you can meet one of your hero's and Sapp.

arizona_tom wrote:My only idea of improving is rather than doing it through twitter, using maybe email? to get longer, more in depth answers.
But other than that keep going would be great to question any more players.
Thanks Tom, we did the Corey McIntyre one through email, we also offered Rhys Lloyd the choice but he felt twitter would make it easier for both of us (he probably doesn't want me spamming him for free stuff).

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by GangGreen Sat 24 Sep 2011, 8:48 pm

Warren Sapp would be an awesome Q&A

D-line would be interesting and maybe look at some NFL rookies, First rounders might be a little difficult to get but later round guys looking to break into starting line ups might be possible.

From a selfish standpoint I reckon Rex would be a good one (unlikely I know) and Sanchez is pretty active on twitter

GangGreen

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 18 Nov 2011, 1:28 am

Apologies that I’ve not been able to secure a Q&A for us in a while I have been trying, but the main reason for this particular post is to say I don’t think I will be able to get any Q&A’s with college players this is because I just asked Eric Reid the LSU Safety for one and he said “@606v2AF I would love to but unfortunately I can only do interviews through LSU.” I am assuming this is the same with all colleges, though I will still ask some of them when they’re tweeting just to check. Eric though has agreed that when he’s in the NFL he will do a Q&A with us, we may be able to get it during the predraft process?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down