The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As a Welshman, I doubt Wales can do it!

+17
mystiroakey
Shifty
tomhughesnice
Comfort
RubyGuby
Biltong
BlueNote
wrfc1980
bedfordwelsh
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
maestegmafia
rodders
Taylorman
Gatts
PJHolybloke
dogtooth
Huwball
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

As a Welshman, I doubt Wales can do it! - Page 2 Empty As a Welshman, I doubt Wales can do it!

Post by Huwball Thu 22 Sep 2011, 6:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

With what appears to most to be a certain "shoe-in" to the quarters, we still have to beat Namibia and Fiji.

We have to win both of these games, and Namibia by a big margin as the teams that have played them have come away with BIG wins.

Do people think that Wales have got the ruthlessness to demolish Namibia as they really need to, or will we just put 25-30 on them?

If we want to compete with the best... we need to be hammer them in case points difference play a factor in deciding who goes home early.

I am slightly worried as South Africa have automatically put themselves through with the cricket score today, will they rest all of their key players and field a poor side against Samoa so even if they lose, they will have done enough to qualify. In reality, they might want to finish 2nd so they don't have to face Australia and if Wales don't deliver a mighty win, they boys will be flying home.

Your thoughts?

Huwball

Back to top Go down

As a Welshman, I doubt Wales can do it! - Page 2 Empty Re: As a Welshman, I doubt Wales can do it!

Post by Gatts Tue 27 Sep 2011, 12:44 am

Goosestepper wrote:Hmmmmmmm...... good outline plan Gatts. How do you see the set pieces going (assuming we both win and go through unscathed)?

whats you front 5 an how would you rate them against:

Healy
Best
Ross
POC
DOC

the back row battle would be great to watch, it may be that the role of an out an out 7 mud hen will be highlighted in this game (of the potential QFist's Ireland and England seem to have a hole here compared to McCaw, Warb, Dusatoir, Brussow and Pocock)

Yes the back row battle will be a spectacle...

Gethin
Bennet
A Jones
AW Jones
Charteris

3 Lions, well i think the scrum should go with put in

Lineout

Ours has come good recently and in Charteris we can atleast win our own ball.

think ireland's is probably better drilled so not a lot in it.

Think our back row will be more effective at the breakdown, yours dangerous in the loose.

In Warbs though we have the class act.

Apart from Gethin that is....watch and learn!

Will be close

Gatts

Back to top Go down

As a Welshman, I doubt Wales can do it! - Page 2 Empty Re: As a Welshman, I doubt Wales can do it!

Post by Goosestepper Tue 27 Sep 2011, 1:31 am

Will be close - if we get there. I'm jittery about Italy!

I wonder if GJ and Mike Ross and gone head to head before at International - I assume they must have at HC or Pro 12/Magniers.

I'm sure Ferris would be told in advance to target Warbs a the break down (possibly to the detrement of his wider play) it would be intersting to see hao he stands up/squats down to 1F! .......... all assuming we beat Italy !

Goosestepper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2