The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time for the Welsh regions to walk away !!!!!

+22
greybeard
glamorganalun
Feckless Rogue
Standulstermen
Irish Londoner
mrsuperclear
marty2086
Shifty
BlueMuff
ME-109
HammerofThunor
rodders
Knowsit17
Thomond
TBJ9625
MrsP
Cymroglan
red_stag
Notch
Irish Curry
Artful_Dodger
LordDowlais
26 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Time for the Welsh regions to walk away !!!!! - Page 4 Empty Time for the Welsh regions to walk away !!!!!

Post by LordDowlais Fri 23 Sep 2011, 9:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

I know that I am going to take bashing off the Irish supporters here, but for far to long we have seen biased reffing when it comes to the big three provinces from Ireland. Tonight Munster were allowed to do what they wanted, and Paul Tito as captian was just dismissed by the ref like a little school boy. What I just watched was scandelous. I think the WRU should have a shorter club season then have a regional competition at the end of the year and stick two fingers up to the IRFU because there is clearley an agenda aimed at keeping the Irish clubs on top. For to long I have watched Munster, Leinster, Ulster basicaly get games gifted to them by Irish refs, and I am always being told that it is because the Irish teams know how to play the ref, Blah,Blah,Blah. Last season I remember the the same happening. I do not care what anybody types here to tell me I am wrong, because I know what I just saw. Tonights ref let even more obvious forward passes go for Munster than the last one for the Blues, and do not get me started with the scrum. He constantly warned the Blues about their dicsipline but Munster gave away more penalties. How can we expect this league to progress with this standard of reffing. Munster were gifted the game tonight by a very poor ref, no wonder people do not want to turn up for these games when we have performances from certain refs who are so biased it is unbeleivable. steam

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Time for the Welsh regions to walk away !!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for the Welsh regions to walk away !!!!!

Post by Notch Sun 25 Sep 2011, 10:59 pm

Well I don't think 'Ospreys fans angry at ref' is a story to be fair. It wouldn't be that big a deal. I don't really care anymore. It's been done to death.

Obviously people are concerned Cymro because a lot of people enjoy taking their kids too the game and when you get a situation where the atmosphere turns nasty it's not really great to bring your kids with you anymore. Which would be very sad.

That's just peoples genuine concern here, all it is.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Time for the Welsh regions to walk away !!!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: Time for the Welsh regions to walk away !!!!!

Post by MrsP Sun 25 Sep 2011, 11:01 pm

I think you have no idea what I think!

One of my fav players plays for the Os. Some of my fav people are Os fans.

Rugby is my fav sport.

This is the league my team play in, that me and my family go to watch.

If you think I want to have any fans behaving like that you are very much mistaken!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 25 Sep 2011, 11:06 pm

Notch I would not take young kids to a match in Ireland due to the amount of swearing that goes on.
But there is not one rugby ground in GB or Ireland that I would be scared of taking them thinking there will be violence.
This non story is just being blown up out of all proportion and you know it.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 26 Sep 2011, 12:03 am

How often have you been to Ravenhill Cymro?

How often have you been to games in Ireland?

I am very sensitive to bad language as it is not used in this house and I would not have my children exposed it if it can be avoided.

In the World cup build up in 2007 we had the kids at the Ireland v Italy game at Ravenhill. The lads standing behind us were at their first ever rugby match. Their language was terrible and we asked them to moderate it in view of the fact that the kids were there. They looked a bit shocked but complied and we spent the rest of the match having a great laugh with them.

That is the only time I have heard any sort of bad language at a rugby match in Ireland!

We have taken the kids to games in Croke Park and Lansdowne with no problem.

Could I point out that Alyn is the one blowing the events at the Liberty out of proportion. He is the one who said the ref was nearly lynched!

Not sure why you are attacking me over it?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon 26 Sep 2011, 12:21 am

I have been to Ireland several times over the years and the first time I went there was in 1974 and I believe swearing is tolerated far more in Ireland than it would be here.
Alyn said it and others are milking it he obviously exaggerated and I would have thought anybody with a ounce of common sense would have realised that.
You said you have several Osprey fans as friends have any of them mentioned it or have you even asked them ?
Come on if the officials needed to be protected by the stewards the Ospreys would have been hung out to dry and rightly so..

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 26 Sep 2011, 12:36 am

Neither were at the match.

The one who heard the commentary was fairly disgusted with the behaviour of the crowd because of the booing and shouting "Cheat!"

There was no mention of the ref being threatened.

Why on earth would you think I would want this to be true?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon 26 Sep 2011, 12:45 am

So do you believe the ref was threatened or not ?
Why would you need loads of people to come on here to say it did not happen ? most people have not given it a second thought.
There used to be a poster on the old 606 called Athro10 who was allegedly English and he often said he was spat at or punched at various stadiums.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Mon 26 Sep 2011, 1:52 am

Well train and develop some feicin decent Welsh refs, to counter the balance then.
Man. Its gonna be some fun on here, when Ireland meet Wales in the RWC QF's. I almost feel sorry for the unbiased ref already.

Ha!

Love ye really. Hug

Last edited by Gibson on Mon 26 Sep 2011, 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 26 Sep 2011, 8:27 am

Well I can only say that if someone said they had witnessed anything of that sort at Ravenhill I would expect a lot of fans from both sides who were at the game to tell the truth of the situation.

I would be absolutely shocked if those allegations were true but I also find it hard to understand why anyone would just make that sort of thing up.

You still haven't explained why you would think that I would want it to be true.

I think that is a pretty terrible thing to say.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:20 am

I'll been honest I haven't looked through all 4 pages so this probably has already been said - wouldn't it be logical to bring in some non Irish and Welsh refs for the Welsh clubs vs Irish clubs game? That is the simple solution. E.g. an Italian,French,Scottish or English ref. The Welsh and Irish refs would ref the Scottish and Italian games.

There wouldn't be any accusation of bias.You don't see internationals refs of the same nationality as the teams playing. Neither in the HC.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:24 am

Because you have been told several times thats it's not true.
You only needed one to make the allegation but for some reason you want lot's of fans to say it never happened.
Just Google the match and see if there is any mention of of it there I can guarantee you that you will not find anything due to the fact it's a non event.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:36 am

I think you'd have to be a bit one-eyed not to recognise that the Blues were fairly unlucky with the officating decisions, and it may have been the difference between winning and losing that game (I'm not a Blues fan). On the other hand, I don't believe that ref, or any ref, Irish or otherwise, at that level, sets out to favour one team (although I did hate Paddy O'Brien).

I think the reffing decisions matter more to the Welsh regions when playing Munster and Leinster in particular because Munster and Leinster are generally better than they are, so marginal calls are maybe more likely to make the difference between taking your limited opportunity to win, whereas Munster/Leinster can shrug their shoulders and get on with it a bit more; plus, in my view most refs ref to a degree according to their expectation of who is going to be the stronger team.

The answer is for the Welsh regions to get better, not pull out of the competition!

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:40 am

I could be wrong here but it seems like the only person who was at the match says it happened.

Is it really biased to ask if anyone else who was at the match could please refute the accusations?

Really disappointing that you are more concerned about me asking for other witnesses than you are about what was said.

Very strange attitude if you ask me.

You seem to have decided that all us Irish are biased.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:48 am

Why aren't there neutral refs in Pro12 games? That is a fundamental flaw. There will always be accusations of bias if the ref is the same nationality as a team playing.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:52 am

MrsP I'm anti nobody I'm just pro Wales and people going on about nonsense like this upsets me.
I can assure you that if anything had happened at the match it would have been all over the Western Mail.
If and only if we get others coming on the site informing us that there was a riotous mob being held back by stewards then we may have something to be concerned about.
There is no way on this earth that I will defend anything like that if anything I would be the one criticising them the most on and off line.
If anybody had seen anything they would have come forward soon after the game and don't forget the press from your side of the pond would have been watching the game.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4