The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan VS Kell Brook

+13
supremeboxingskills
Scottrf
Fists of Fury
huw
Bob
HumanWindmill
J.Benson II
Herman Frotchlinger
hogey
AlexHuckerby
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Liam_Main
Ironmike1984
17 posters

Go down

Amir Khan VS Kell Brook Empty Amir Khan VS Kell Brook

Post by Ironmike1984 Sat 24 Sep 2011, 7:13 pm

Here's hoping this fight happens before Amir faces off against Mayweather.

I see It as a fairly even contest before Amir stops Kell by a barrage of shots in round 10.

Any views?

Ironmike1984

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan VS Kell Brook Empty Re: Amir Khan VS Kell Brook

Post by Liam_Main Sat 24 Sep 2011, 7:18 pm

Khan better amateur record, fought and beaten the better opponents, Khan just better I would say. In a few years time I see it being closer than it would be now though. I see Brook progressing more than Khan in the next year or two.

Maybe they could fight after Khan (presumably) loses to Mayweather.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmike1984 Sat 24 Sep 2011, 7:21 pm

Liam_Main wrote:Khan better amateur record, fought and beaten the better opponents, Khan just better I would say. In a few years time I see it being closer than it would be now though. I see Brook progressing more than Khan in the next year or two.

I think Khan is one of only a handful of fighters that could actually trouble Mayweather at this moment in time. Good points above and agree Brook as potential but needs to utalitize his head movement or superior hand speed to maximum effect

Ironmike1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Sat 24 Sep 2011, 10:24 pm

Ironmike1984 wrote:
Liam_Main wrote:Khan better amateur record, fought and beaten the better opponents, Khan just better I would say. In a few years time I see it being closer than it would be now though. I see Brook progressing more than Khan in the next year or two.

I think Khan is one of only a handful of fighters that could actually trouble Mayweather at this moment in time. Good points above and agree Brook as potential but needs to utalitize his head movement or superior hand speed to maximum effect

I thought Mayweather would struggle against a young powerful and hungry fighter in Ortiz but he didn't. It looks to me that any type of fighter would struggle against him.

Khan, Guerrero, Martinez and possibly Pacquiao are the only fighters I see coming coming close to him. Martinez the pick of the bunch.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:03 am

Hard to tell how Brook will develop he's apparently had a slack commitment in the gym in the past. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and say it's because he wasn't getting challenged and slacked off.

I would give Kell the edge over Khan on natural talent but I said the same about fellow Sheffield man Nas when he fought Barerra. Khan has proved himself at the higher level so you need to go with him.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:16 am

I hate it how we have to pick a guy to beat another guy because he's fought a better level of opposition. 18 months time Kell smacks Khan about. I'm serious, he has the exact style in which to beat Khan, he'll struggle really badly against him, Kell is so awkward I actually would go out on a limb and say that in 18 months time Kell will knockout Khan if they fight.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:21 am

Hard to predict how good Kell will be in 18 months time. Sort of depends on what he can be bothered doing. We know Khan puts in the hard work and is improving. Kell's not been active enough to see improvements.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:25 am

Nah for me he will be, too much talent and fact is there were only reports of that earlier in his career and when things where getting away from him when him and Warren had a bit of a falling out.
He has completely dedicated himself again it seems and I for one see the talent and am telling you he really really is Special OK?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:28 am

I don't know who you are trying to convince. I stated above I think he is more naturally gifted than Khan. The fact is while Kell was slacking and messing about Khan was working hard and winning world titles.

How do you know he has dedicated himself?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:32 am

What all his team has said and his promoter coming into the N'Dou fight. I believe it. That Special OK? Part was meant to be a joke a bad pun on Special K, clearly didn't work! As long as Kell pushes himself he could be a top P4P fighter easily. Just wish his career had moved on a bit quicker.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmike1984 Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:33 am

Who's to say Khan won't develop more in 18 months time then Brook?

Ironmike1984

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:35 am

So do I he had PPV written all over him. He needs to get going and I hope he does.

I would say this much though I would back him to beat Berto or Ortiz right now. Neither are as good as Kell and neither has done much in the pro's. If he was American he would be a star by now.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:38 am

Ironmike1984 wrote:Who's to say Khan won't develop more in 18 months time then Brook?

He's just about entering his prime, his speed is as good as it'll ever be and he'll likely slow a tad for 147 he's been a pro since 17 he's 25 now, (Hard to believe) so thats 8 years as a pro, don't think he has too much more improvements in his game especially with his style. He's talking about retiring in 4 years time :S!!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sun 25 Sep 2011, 10:40 am

For me Kell Brook KO's Khan sometime in the first 5 rounds.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Frotchlinger Sun 25 Sep 2011, 1:57 pm

I should imagine Brook stops him, as and when he likes, any time after the fourth.

Too big, too strong, and yes, too quick.

Herman Frotchlinger

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Sun 25 Sep 2011, 5:39 pm

If Khan stays strong at 147, I'll fancy him to win.

Brook is lazy with a poor/vile attitude and has nothing on his record to justify the hype he constantly gets.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 25 Sep 2011, 6:35 pm

Nothing on record... yet, clear talent there Benson!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Sep 2011, 6:47 pm

Hello

Very Happy

Can someone explain to me what makes Brook special?

I hear a lot about him being skillful and awkward, but I would genuinely like to know what skills he possesses that can make him a world beater.

This is aimed at the knowledgeable guys like Captain and Windy or anyone else for that matter who knows about the technical aspects of boxing.

cheers

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sun 25 Sep 2011, 6:57 pm

I very much appreciate the compliment, emancipator, and I thank you for it, but I'm afraid I must pass with regard to Brook. To my shame I haven't seen anything like enough of him to offer an informed opinion and again, to my shame, he hasn't really captured my imagination, yet.

I know opinion here is pretty divided, so I have little doubt that you'll be able to build a pretty reliable composite picture from ' those in the know,' ( though I suspect you already have a pretty good idea and that at least a portion of your tongue is tucked nicely into your cheek, at the moment. )

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Sep 2011, 7:05 pm

notworthy

Sharp as a butcher's blade

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 25 Sep 2011, 7:38 pm

Awkward, similar to Naseem Hamed but far more conventional, has an incredible defence, great footwork, his jab is incredible, holds the left out so awkwardly so it's easy to defend with but yet is able to get great snap in it which is strange. The reflexes are incredible, not QUITE up to Floyd Mayweathers level but pretty close, holds powers in both hands, can move in and out, is pretty much the complete package to be honest. Anyone who fights him is going to have a difficult time solving him. I think he's awesome, one problem he's got he can't speak to save his life.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 25 Sep 2011, 7:39 pm

Oh yeah has pretty much cruised through everyone with consimate ease and has probably fought a slightly higher level than Khan did coming up however did have his career stalled but has come through it FAR easier than Khan did.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Sun 25 Sep 2011, 8:04 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Awkward, similar to Naseem Hamed but far more conventional, has an incredible defence, great footwork, his jab is incredible, holds the left out so awkwardly so it's easy to defend with but yet is able to get great snap in it which is strange. The reflexes are incredible, not QUITE up to Floyd Mayweathers level but pretty close, holds powers in both hands, can move in and out, is pretty much the complete package to be honest. Anyone who fights him is going to have a difficult time solving him. I think he's awesome, one problem he's got he can't speak to save his life.

Naz is the most naturally talented british fighter I've ever seen. Didn't mean squat when he went up against a talented fighter who worked his ass off in training.

Brook's attitude to training is awful, and I see his biggest problems at 147lbs being the fact that he's small. I'd like to see how he handles a fighter who is the size of Khan and actually knows how to use a fast jab.

Khan all the way for me.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:31 am

Anyone see Brook on Saturday stating the Buckland / Sykes fight was a 'war of nutrition', could be the new Khan by that one statement right there.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:39 am

Yeah made me spit my tea out that one did, classic.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:43 am

prettyboykev wrote:So do I he had PPV written all over him. He needs to get going and I hope he does.

I would say this much though I would back him to beat Berto or Ortiz right now. Neither are as good as Kell and neither has done much in the pro's. If he was American he would be a star by now.
Rolling Eyes 40 year old N'Dou beats Estrada, Forbes, Collazo, Urango, Quintana and Zaveck?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 26 Sep 2011, 12:12 pm

Scottrf wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:So do I he had PPV written all over him. He needs to get going and I hope he does.

Rolling Eyes 40 year old N'Dou beats Estrada, Forbes, Collazo, Urango, Quintana and Zaveck?

I never said Kell had done more I just said that neither Berto or Ortiz has done much that would convince me they could cope with a guy as awkward as Kell. The fact Ortiz beat Berto sums it up for me. Both have a poor defence and Ortiz is chinny. Kell has a style that would give either of them nightmares.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by supremeboxingskills Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:15 pm

i hope khan gets knocked out.

supremeboxingskills

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 27 Sep 2011, 9:53 am

supremeboxingskills wrote:i hope khan gets knocked out.

Balanced opinion sure to spark debate, out of interest what is it that makes you feel so strongly for somebody to get hurt? Were you not cuddled as a child?

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 27 Sep 2011, 9:55 am

huw wrote:

Balanced opinion sure to spark debate, out of interest what is it that makes you feel so strongly for somebody to get hurt? Were you not cuddled as a child?
Maybe cuddled in a bad way.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 27 Sep 2011, 10:15 am

Scottrf wrote:
huw wrote:

Maybe cuddled in a bad way.

My money is on a friendly lollypop man, yours?

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Tue 27 Sep 2011, 8:56 pm

Brook is absolute quality imo and I think Khan will duck him he has already made excuses saying he will not fight Brook unless he changes promoters he has his excuse ready for next year when Brook will be challenging for world titles Khan will not want to face him.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 27 Sep 2011, 9:07 pm

Khan has ducked no one. Offered the top man at 140lbs a 50/50 split he never deserved. No reason he would duck Brook as talented as Brook may be it's not as if Khan is at the point in career he is now by chance. The guy may not be very likeable but he can box.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Tue 27 Sep 2011, 9:13 pm

I dont think so Brook will be a big name in the next year and Khan is already making excuses not to fight him saying he needs to change his promoter. Imo he is getting an excuse ready so he will not have to fight him in a year or two. If Khan wants to fight Mayweather fair enough but so far I do not think the guys he has been fighting have been all that great to tbh. If Khan fights Mayweather I will not complain but not sure this fight will happen and he has also said he wont fight Pacquao.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 27 Sep 2011, 9:22 pm

I think it's more likely Kahn is trying to brush aside a winnable domestic clash aside in the hope of getting a mega buck$ international shot at a top P4P fighter. Can't blame him. It's not ducking.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 27 Sep 2011, 9:26 pm

I think Brook will need to bring more money to the table before Khan even thinks about it, three or four decent fights though and it's a possibility.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 27 Sep 2011, 9:26 pm

Waingro/Towser Khan is a big name now Brook will never be a bigger name than Khan. If I was Khan I wouldn't fight Brook he offers Khan nothing and has nothing on his record to justify a title shot.

He got stick for the McCloskey fight especially in America and Brook is no bigger a name in the U.S than McCloskey was.

Khan would fight Floyd even if it was just for the money and I think there's a good chance it will happen.

As for the guys he's been fighting look at his record since Barerra-

Kotelnik one of the best at 140lbs at the time.

Malignaggi who may not have much power but it was in New York where Malignaggi is from and he got a stoppage over a guy who has only lost to top fighters.

Maidana who the other guys at 140lbs were not keen on fighting and Khan pushed for it despite GBP not wanting him to fight Maidana.

Judah maybe not the best but after Bradley ducked him there was no one else really.

Khan has beat these guys very well and let's be honest would Alexander or Matthysse have coped any better? I would doubt that very much. Bradley would have done better imo but not enough to beat Khan.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 27 Sep 2011, 9:49 pm

I think Mathysse would've coped alot better than Judah. He's a solid puncher with a tighter defense than Maidana and decent foot work. He can box and has plenty dig.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 27 Sep 2011, 10:15 pm

Maybe better than Judha but I can't see him coping any better than Maidana or Malignaggi.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Tue 27 Sep 2011, 10:56 pm

Forget Brook...Khan needs to step up and fight Jessie Vargas who is the best fighter at 140.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 27 Sep 2011, 10:59 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:Forget Brook...Khan needs to step up and fight Jessie Vargas who is the best fighter at 140.
Tumbleweed

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 27 Sep 2011, 11:18 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:Forget Brook...Khan needs to step up and fight Jessie Vargas who is the best fighter at 140.

I enjoyed his latest fight but it showed me he's not ready for the big boys. He let Lopez push him back onto the ropes and unload at the end of each round as he tired. His style is very similair to Khan's so he needs to be better than him to win.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 27 Sep 2011, 11:18 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:

I enjoyed his latest fight but it showed me he's not ready for the big boys. He let Lopez push him back onto the ropes and unload at the end of each round as he tired. His style is very similair to Khan's so he needs to be better than him to win.
It's only because the Mayweather camp have an interest in him.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 27 Sep 2011, 11:21 pm

Scottrf wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:

It's only because the Mayweather camp have an interest in him.

I know, i don't know why i gave him a serious answer to be honest.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down