The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestlemania match I would like to see

+15
JJJohnson
Fellaini25
The Awesome Giz
Fernando
JonnyRobbo
ADMIN
NickisBHAFC
Buzzman
talkingpoint
AberdeenSteve
Kay Fabe
Crimey
Dr Gregory House MD
VoiceOfTheVoiceless
Ironmike1984
19 posters

Go down

Wrestlemania match I would like to see Empty Wrestlemania match I would like to see

Post by Ironmike1984 Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:31 am

R-truth VS the undertaker VS the miz VS Kane - fatal 4 way. Would really had some spark to the streak.

Anyone else got any views or matches they would like?

Ironmike1984

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania match I would like to see Empty Re: Wrestlemania match I would like to see

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:54 am

Anything but that.

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania match I would like to see Empty Re: Wrestlemania match I would like to see

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Sun 25 Sep 2011, 1:18 am

Don't really feel it tbh, Over the past few years the Streak has really caught fire and become arguably the biggest drawing match in wrestling, A large part of this for me is the reputation for me comes down to the long, epic, exciting matches that it has been contested in over the past 5 years, encounters with Giant Gonzales, Sid and Mark Henry are now distant memories and I don't think anything else but a match befitting the staus of the streak will do. As much as I like Miz and Truth, I don't belive either of them is of the status or wrestling ability to really live up to the standard of a Streak match at wrestlemania, however entertaining they could be in the build up and as someone who has never rated Kane, the less said about him the better.

Personally I'd rather see Orton challange for the streak again, currently the top man on Smackdown (Undertakers brand) and arguably still the No2 guy in the whole of WWE, he is of the status to challange for the Streak and in the ring I belive he is of a sufficiunt callibre to pull of a match worthy of the Streak, he is certainally improved since WM21 when he and 'taker had a great match it is more a question of how long can Undertaker's ,David Weir-esque run of holding off injuries and father time to deliver at 'mania continue?

At the moment the Wrestlemania card I would like to see is:

WWE Championship Match
John Cena (c) vs The Rock

World Championship Match
Christian (c) vs Daniel Bryan vs Sheamus

Streak Match
Undertaker vs Randy Orton

Grudge Match
CM Punk vs Triple H

The Miz (face) vs R-Truth

Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara (which despite Cara's sometimes woeful attempts to get used to the WWE , I believe still has the potential to attract a massive buyrate from Mexico)

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 25 Sep 2011, 8:24 am

No spot for Mark Henry Dr? He's been in hot form, the best of his career, surely that warrants a spot on the 'Mania card if can keep that up.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 25 Sep 2011, 11:25 am

I've got a funny feeling they're building Henry up for Taker at Mania, not what I want but something I think might happen

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 25 Sep 2011, 11:47 am

I'd imagine this would be Henry's last Wrestlemania? If so, I hope to god they don't do another streak v career match being Henry v Undertaker.

I'd much rather see Henry let someone go over him at Mania, have him possibly lay low for awhile and come back like he has been in recent months .. plowing through the entire roster and having someone stand up to him and challenge him 1v1 on the grandest stage of them all. I certainly think that could be a massive catapult for someone like Sheamus or Barrett. Even have Barrett challenge Henry because Barrett is the 'baddest guy in WWE'.

Quite like the idea of a Christian v Daniel Bryan v Sheamus match for the World Heavyweight championship. It would be a cracking match.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:40 pm

I think they're building Henry for Taker though, that might just be his return feud, you'd expect the 20-0 match to be a big name, Orton seems the logical choice, I'm expecting Miz to be in the WHC match

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:47 pm

Just a ponder, how fecked would the WWE be if Cena were to pick up an injury before Wrestlemania?

They've obviously announced it so early so that The Rock can't get cold feet but they've also left themselves open to a massive fall if Cena were to injure himself in the run in to Mania.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 25 Sep 2011, 12:57 pm

Henry v Taker would be a horrible match - no disrespect to Henry intended. Henry has been in good form just recently and has thoroughly deserved his WHC title but I have a feeling this will be Taker's last Mania and if he's going out it has to be against someone better than Henry - Orton is the most logical choice or otherwise if they can book him correctly Sheamus.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Sun 25 Sep 2011, 1:14 pm

My card for WM would be as follows:

WWE Championship
- Alberto Del Rio (C) w John Laurinitis in his corner vs CM Punk (rumble winner)

Streak Match
- Undertaker vs Randy Orton

Crowd Drawer
- Cena vs The Rock

World Heavyweight Championship
- Sheamus (C) vs Christian vs Daniel Bryan

United States Championship
- Dolph Ziggler vs Jack Swagger vs Alex Riley vs John Morrison

Intercontinental Championship
- Cody Rhodes vs Ted Dibiase (falls count anywhere)

Tag Team Championship
- Air Boom vs Awesome Truth (TLC match)

Crowd Pleaser
- Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara

thoughts?

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 25 Sep 2011, 5:16 pm

WWE Title Match
John Cena vs The Rock

WHC Match
Randy Orton vs The Miz vs Daniel Bryan vs Christian

CM Punk vs Triple H

The Undertaker vs Chris Jericho

Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio

IC/US Title Unification
Cody Rhodes vs John Morrison

Sheamus vs Alberto Del Rio

Winner gets the services of Vickie
Dolph Ziggler vs Jack Swagger

WWE Title Match
The Kings of Wrestling vs Air Boom

Seth Rollins vs Wade Barrett

Last edited by the-gaffer on Sun 25 Sep 2011, 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 25 Sep 2011, 5:23 pm

WWE Tittle match

John Cena Vs The Rock

World Title match

Randy Orton vs Alberto Del Rio

Undertaker vs Chris Jericho

CM Punk vs HHH

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun 25 Sep 2011, 5:28 pm

Some of these I just cannot see happening:

Tag Team Championship

These are feuds that are happening right now, really think WWE would keep mid cards feuds like these going for another 7 months?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Buzzman Sun 25 Sep 2011, 6:40 pm

Hero wrote:Some of these I just cannot see happening:

Tag Team Championship

These are feuds that are happening right now, really think WWE would keep mid cards feuds like these going for another 7 months?

Miz and Truth are more involved with the conspiracy storyline at the moment and I don't really know who else on SD can realistically challenge and have a good match up with Cody other than Dibiase. Maybe have them take a break from feuding then spark it up again closer to Mania. But yeah I get what you mean.

Buzzman

Back to top Go down

Post by JonnyRobbo Mon 26 Sep 2011, 3:21 pm

For me:

WWE Title Match

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Mark Henry (c) vs Sheamus vs Christian vs Wade Barrett

US Title Match
Dolph Ziggler (c) vs Alberto Del Rio

Intercontinental Match
Cody Rhodes (c) vs John Morrison (re packaged)

Streak Match
The Undertaker (c) vs CM Punk

Crowd Pleaser
Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara

Grudge Match
Triple H vs The Miz

Randy Orton vs Chris Jericho

JonnyRobbo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 26 Sep 2011, 3:37 pm

for me:

Main Event
Cena VS Rock

WWE Title
HHH (c) VS CM Punk

World Title
Randy Orton (c) VS Undertaker

US Title
Sin cara VS Rey Mysterio VS ADR VS Christian (c)

Intercontinental Title
Cody VS Jomo VS dolph (c) VS Swagger

Nodq
Wade Barrett VS Sheamus

Tag Title
Bourne/Kofi VS Miz/Truth

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Mon 26 Sep 2011, 4:12 pm

At the moment my gut feeling is

Cena vs Rock WWE title

Miz vs Triple H

Daniel Bryan vs Chris Jericho WHC I can just see it happening

Some 10 divas tag match

26 man battle royal dark match

Del Rio vs Punk

Orton vs Barrett

The Usos vs ?? Tag Titles

Rey vs Sin Cara

Undertaker vs Sheamus

Celebrity Guest Match

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Mon 26 Sep 2011, 4:20 pm

That said most wrestlemania fueds now start at elimination chamber, on a plus note most wrestlemanias seem to go good bad good bad these days, since 24 and 26 were good 28 should be aswell.

Can't see Christian being involved I also think Undertaker will have delt with Mark Henry by then. That said I can see taker missing this years wrestlemania for some reason. Sheamus is just gut instinct, still along way to go till then.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 26 Sep 2011, 4:22 pm

What makes you see Jericho in the WHC match? I think if Orton isn't in that match he gets Taker

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 26 Sep 2011, 4:25 pm

The only two matches I think will be pencilled in for Mania at present are Rock/Cena and Punk/HHH which for me is a cert

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fellaini25 Mon 26 Sep 2011, 10:18 pm

I'd like to see:

Singles Match
The Rock vs John Cena

WWE Championship Singles Match
CM Punk(c) vs Daniel Bryan

World Heavyweight Championship Triple Threat Match
Randy Orton(c) vs The Miz vs R-Truth

No Holds Barred Match
Sheamus vs The Undertaker

Singles Match
Alberto Del Rio vs Chris Jericho

6-Man 1# Contenders Elimination Falls Count Anywhere Match
Dolph Ziggler vs John Morrison vs Christian vs Wade Barrett vs Cody Rhodes vs Jack Swagger

Divas Championship Singles Match
Natalya(c) vs Beth Phoenix

Intercontinental Championship Singles Match
Rey Mysterio(c) vs Sin Cara

Fellaini25

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 27 Sep 2011, 12:45 am

Think its obviously very difficult to predict what is going to happen in seven months but if I had to make my picks then I would say:

WWE Title

WHC Title
Sheamus (c) vs Wade Barrett vs Daniel Bryan

Streak
Randy Orton vs The Undertaker

CM Punk vs Triple H

Tag Team Titles
Awesome Truth (c) vs Kings of Wrestling

IC Title
Cody Rhodes (c) vs Sin Cara (heard Mysterio may need a second op so not opting for that match)

US Title
Dolph Ziggler vs Jack Swagger

Christian vs Chris Jericho

Alberto Del Rio vs John Morrison

Divas Title
Beth Phoenix vs Kharma (Dunno if she will be back by then,cant remember how long she has been gone)

Mark Henry vs Big Show (Maybe even throw Kane in aswell to complete the Freakshow)

Boxing Match
David Tua vs Monte Barrett (Hope to god not but remember I heard that this was a possibility at Mania)

All in all I would pay to watch that event,probably won't end up looking anything like that.Few guys I missed out and not really a reason why Morrison would fight Del Rio but could be a decent enough match.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Sep 2011, 12:56 am

I think any WrestleMania from now on that doesn't have Taker's match last has no chance of seeing the streak end, if it ever does end, in my opinion it would need to be last, everything after that would have no chance of matching up

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 27 Sep 2011, 1:01 am

That is a problem I had actually.

It's a controversial one but I actually think Orton should take the streak.He is an established star but still has plenty of years left in him to run with the accolade.

You look around the company and apart from Cena he is the only logical choice that creative will not drop the ball with, and I really don't want Cena to get the honours.

But with Cena/Rock as the definite main event then it probably wouldn't be viable to have Orton take the streak on the same night.But does Taker have two mania's left in him?.

Because if it isn't Orton this year then it's going to be somebody that I just cannot buy into taking the streak.

That is just my own personal opinion though.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 27 Sep 2011, 9:39 am

Ironmike1984 wrote:R-truth VS the undertaker VS the miz VS Kane - fatal 4 way. Would really had some spark to the streak.

Anyone else got any views or matches they would like?

I don't know quite how to ask this question, so I'll just come out with it: Are you joking? Because if you are, it's hilarious. And if you're not, it's even more hilarious.

Personally I'd like to see them bring in two new Sin Caras and have a tag team match of Sin Cara & Sin Cara vs Sin Cara & Sin Cara where the teams are decided by a lottery and the winning team has to fight each other in a two-man battle royale for the right to be called The Real Sin Cara. And then at the next PPV they could have a rematch.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 27 Sep 2011, 9:44 am

A few of you have put the Rock v Cena match for the WWE title. I would hate that because, even though I can't see beyond a cena win anyway, if it was for a title then it would be even more probable.

I don't think the match needs a title to elevate it. Give the oppotunity to somebody else.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 27 Sep 2011, 9:53 am

I love how the IC and US Title matches always end up as Fatal Four ways or Triple Threats when these articles come up!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 27 Sep 2011, 10:17 am

Mr H wrote:I love how the IC and US Title matches always end up as Fatal Four ways or Triple Threats when these articles come up!

Yeah! It seems like the IC and US have become charity case titles for appeasing mid-carders. They don't have the ability to elevate the holders to better things like they did years ago. That said, the WH and WWE titles haven't elevated that many winners in the past few years!

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Sep 2011, 11:16 am

I'm just as guilty with the IC/US title, while I shy away from making them multi man matches I tend to always want to make them Unification matches

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Sep 2011, 11:25 am

xTwisTx wrote:A few of you have put the Rock v Cena match for the WWE title. I would hate that because, even though I can't see beyond a cena win anyway, if it was for a title then it would be even more probable.

I don't think the match needs a title to elevate it. Give the oppotunity to somebody else.
I think it's not beyond the realms of possibility that The Rock could work a full schedule for a month or so until he could drop the title back to Cena or Punk at the next PPV, also Rock wants to do something thats 'never been done' and him winning the WWE Title at WrestleMania is something that's never been done.

Also, I really hate the train of thought that a certain match doesn't need the title, if any match needs the World Title to make it important then that particular match wouldn't deserve it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JJJohnson Tue 27 Sep 2011, 11:59 am

I heard alot of talk that WWE has approached Rock/Cena for a trilogy of matches at Mania/Extreme Rules/Summerslam.

So I could definitely see Rock leaving Mania as the WWE Champion,ultimately putting Cena over at Summerslam.

JJJohnson
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Sep 2011, 12:06 pm

I think once Rocky gets back into the swing of wrestling again and with it being a massive occassion I can see him getting the buzz back again to Wrestle more often than he might anticipate

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 27 Sep 2011, 12:41 pm

I would go down the other route.....

Cena wins after a long back and forth match. Rock goes to leave but Cena calls him back. Handshake between the two and then the Rock lifting Cena's hand in triumph. Massive cheer, fireworks go off. End of Wrestlemania.

Think of the ending between British Bulldog and Bret Hart at Summerslam 92 and it can't be far off.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Sep 2011, 12:53 pm

I think it'll be similar to Rock/Hogan at WM18

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 27 Sep 2011, 1:04 pm

WWE Title

HHH(c) vs Punk

WHC

Mark Henry (c) vs Daniel Bryan

Cena vs Rock

Sheamus vs Taker

Orton vs ADR

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Sep 2011, 1:13 pm

I really can't see Henry being near a relevant spot come WrestleMania, he's doing a grand job just now but I can see him being fed to Taker on his return, you'd also expect Big Show to get revenge on him, the only way I'd expect Henry to get a decent spot is if he is in some kind of celebrity feud, I'm thinking Shaq O'Neill, mainly because I can't be arsed with yet another Big Show heel turn

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 27 Sep 2011, 1:23 pm

Mark Henry is getting the push of his life but there is no chance it will last until Mania. At HIAC 2010 Kane was the WHC playing the monster heel in some of the best work of his career, but come Mania he was a face and part of an 8 man tag team match against The Corre! I wouldnt be suprised if Mark Henry isnt even on the card at Mania.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 27 Sep 2011, 1:26 pm

If, and this is a big IF, Mark Henry is allowed to continue to be a monster then the rub that Bryan would have by finally being the man to dethrone the beast would make Bryan as a star for the rest of his WWE career

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue 27 Sep 2011, 1:27 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I think once Rocky gets back into the swing of wrestling again and with it being a massive occassion I can see him getting the buzz back again to Wrestle more often than he might anticipate

I can think of 15 million reasons - per movie - why The Rock will remain a very occasional guest star.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 27 Sep 2011, 1:30 pm

Hence why I think it will be a "Wrestlemania moment" and no more. A Cena win, with a big love in at the end and lots of pyros.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Sep 2011, 1:37 pm

No one is suggesting he'd ever go back to anything near a full time schedule, thats just stupid to believe thati but he himself on Soccer AM admitted nothing beats the buzz of being in the ring in a big match, when he gets back out there again I think it'll be a no brainer that he'll get the buzz for it again, movies will and should always come first for him though

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 27 Sep 2011, 1:39 pm

Its in Miami, and judging from the reaction Cena got in Chicago at MITB, i think its fair to say Cena will get more heat than any heel on the night. Does Vince really want the main event of Wrestlemania to close with a chorus of boos and disapproval towards his number one babyface? Because id be amazed if the Miami crowd endorsed a Cena win.

I dont think it will happen, but if they were ever going to turn Cena heel, this is the biggest and best opportunity to do it. However, whether its for the title or not i would be amazed if The Rock didnt go over.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 27 Sep 2011, 1:43 pm

Turning Cena heel that night is a great shout. Setting it up nicely for the rest of the wrestling year. Fingers crossed.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Sep 2011, 1:51 pm

I'd turn Cena heel that night, I'd have CM Punk finally go over Triple H and the office which would set him up as the potential new big face.

Then I'd have Cena turn heel and retain the title

That would set up CM Punk as the top face in a new challenge trying to topple a new attitude John Cena for the WWE title

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 27 Sep 2011, 1:58 pm

I dont think WWE creative have the ability to draw out Punk v HHH until Wrestlemania.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Sep 2011, 2:07 pm

I do, mainly because it'd involve Triple H though, I'm expecting a turn around Survivor Series with Miz, Truth, Nash and possibly someone else for Triple H to hide behind, I don't think it'd be all that difficult

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 27 Sep 2011, 2:22 pm

Logically it shouldnt be all that difficult, but putting logic into practice is where i lose faith in creative when it comes to an extensive fued.

That being said, you do make a good point gaff, HHH and Punk will be the creators of their own storyline. I read that Punk has a massive say on the way he booked now, so i guess its down to him and Hunter to make it work.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 27 Sep 2011, 2:28 pm

The reason I think it'll work is because it writes itself, the only thing the WWE would need to do would be to keep HHH out of matches, from now to WrestleMania the only time I'd have him wrestle would be at the Rumble

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down