The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Which match at Wrestlemania will be the best?

+10
Kay Fabe
Bull
theundisputedY2D2
JoshSansom
Perfect Jack
Brady12
AberdeenSteve
bretmeharty
talkingpoint
TopoftheChops
14 posters

Go down

Which match at Wrestlemania will be the best?

Which match at Wrestlemania will be the best? Vote_lcap22%Which match at Wrestlemania will be the best? Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 7 ]
Which match at Wrestlemania will be the best? Vote_lcap19%Which match at Wrestlemania will be the best? Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 6 ]
Which match at Wrestlemania will be the best? Vote_lcap6%Which match at Wrestlemania will be the best? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 2 ]
Which match at Wrestlemania will be the best? Vote_lcap16%Which match at Wrestlemania will be the best? Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 5 ]
Which match at Wrestlemania will be the best? Vote_lcap37%Which match at Wrestlemania will be the best? Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 12 ]

Total Votes : 32

Which match at Wrestlemania will be the best? Empty Which match at Wrestlemania will be the best?

Post by TopoftheChops Sun 20 Mar 2011, 12:06 pm

We have the mix of the old and new in this year's Wrestlemania but which match will be the best overall?

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Which match at Wrestlemania will be the best? Empty Re: Which match at Wrestlemania will be the best?

Post by talkingpoint Sun 20 Mar 2011, 12:31 pm

I voted for Punk/Orton because I don't think it will have the same expectations as the other main events. I fear there will be a lot of backlash after Mania with the same old complaints of it being a let down - a lot of people are already being negative about the HHH/Taker match. Because they're world title matches Edge/Del Rio and Cena/Miz will always carry the pressure and expectation and well because of last year's match with HBK Taker's Streak now carries the entire expectations of the wrestling world upon its shoulders. Punk/Orton should be a great match and without anything on the line should have the freedom just to be an entertaining match.

I am looking forward to this mania and think the upper card looks very promising. I hope to enjoy it all and am trying not to heap unrealistic expectations upon it, but I know some will.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Which match at Wrestlemania will be the best? Empty Re: Which match at Wrestlemania will be the best?

Post by bretmeharty Sun 20 Mar 2011, 1:11 pm

Talkingpoint when you say the upper card looks very promising do you mean WWE will finally make a new star or two at wm or it looks promising because it will be good matches?

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 20 Mar 2011, 1:44 pm

I also voted for the Punk v Orton match -

The reason for this is that it has two very good performers and also that it seems to have the least weight on it's shoulders so I can see it being the surprise match of the evening.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 20 Mar 2011, 2:03 pm

bretmeharty wrote:Talkingpoint when you say the upper card looks very promising do you mean WWE will finally make a new star or two at wm or it looks promising because it will be good matches?

hopefully making two new stars, but I think both have the potential to be good matches as well. Very Happy

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by bretmeharty Sun 20 Mar 2011, 2:15 pm

Going into every PPV the WWE have potential to do something or to make new stars but choose to go the safe rout. Even if it is wrestlemania I don't see them changing that.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun 20 Mar 2011, 10:08 pm

I voted for Miz vs Cena, not because it'll be a mat classic but because i think the wwe have done an intriguing job in the build up. I think the result isnt as clear cut as I 1st thought & The Rock's involvement adds that bit extra.

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfect Jack Sun 20 Mar 2011, 10:18 pm

Voted for Taker v Triple H because seeing as it's No Hold's Barred it allows the match freedom and it can go anyway in the arena.

Perfect Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Sun 20 Mar 2011, 10:24 pm

All the matches could be good - HHH Taker would have been better three years ago, Miz v Cena will be great if it gets the right ending, del Rio v Edge again based on the ending.

The build up for Cole v Lawler has been excellent but the match could be a let-down... it would have been better as a tag match where Cole could have been in selectively.

Orton v Punk could steal the show... they are two of the best guys in the company (I think they could be the main heels on each brand this year) and it has gone in a little under the radar. The way it has been set up with the destruction of the Nexus has been poor but hopefully the action will make up for it.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:33 pm

Orton v Punk could steal the show... they are two of the best guys in the company (I think they could be the main heels on each brand this year) and it has gone in a little under the radar. The way it has been set up with the destruction of the Nexus has been poor but hopefully the action will make up for it.

Why are people salivating over Orton vs Punk yet saying the build up has been poor? Surely the key to a 'must see' match is the build up & hype surrounding it. This has been really poor. Punks group have been buried out of sight. Last year the match I wanted to see most was Cena Batista, again not because of match quality but the build up was so strong with The Batista character evolving fantastically

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:37 pm

Orton v Punk for me.

HHH V Taker is NHB purely to avoid them having to wrestle properly. Cena v Miz will be poor due to Cenas limited ability and Edge just doesn't have the heart to put anyone over or steal a show.

Expect Ziggles v JoMo will have some good spots.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Mar 2011, 1:06 am

Probably Orton and punk as long as punk wins

I thought the way cena owned nexus was stupid last year, but the way Orton is going through them is pathetic. Talk about wasting a chance to have a decent stable

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 21 Mar 2011, 12:30 pm

John Morrison v Dolph Ziggler in a straight up one-on-one match could have stolen the show, really don't know why they're being wasted in the mixed tag match. Well I do know, to take the pressure off the women but they could have added Natalya or Beth Phoenix to the Trish/Snooki team and Vickie to the LayCool side.

Cody Rhodes v Rey Mysterio could be really good, but I think it'll suffer the same fate as last year's potential show stealer (Punk/Mysterio) and only be given a short amount of time.

Out of the matches listed I reckon Taker v HHH will be the best. They might be older, they might be carrying or recovering from injuries but I think that on the biggest PPV of the year they'll pull out all the stops. I just hope that the No Holds Barred stipulation doesn't mean they'll take too many shortcuts.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 24 Mar 2011, 9:48 pm

for me it has to be Orton-Punk the storyline for me is more intresting then the others on the list but if the rock interfere and attacks cena then thats a better match

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 24 Mar 2011, 10:18 pm

If Christian gets included in the WHC match then it'll be that one, if not then none, i'l just be intrested in what Rock does and what happens to Cole

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri 25 Mar 2011, 2:09 pm

I voted Cena V Miz just for the sheer fact that i think something big may happen.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dashing One Fri 25 Mar 2011, 2:17 pm

Holymiky wrote:I voted Cena V Miz just for the sheer fact that i think something big may happen.

I don't think we need to know what may or may not happen in your pants thank you very much censored

The Dashing One

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri 25 Mar 2011, 2:33 pm

I don't like the way in the past 2 days you have had 2 digs at me so far for my posts i make. I'm up for a laugh right but theres a time and a place.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dashing One Fri 25 Mar 2011, 2:50 pm

Firstly - Get off yer soap box soft lad.

Secondly - when did I have a dig yesterday?

Thirdly - at least I made out that you had a big one in the above JOKE!.

The Dashing One

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri 25 Mar 2011, 2:58 pm

You made a stupid joke yesterday that i didn't invite you to make.

I'm not soft btw, just can't be bothered listening to posters troll my posts because they don't like what i've posted.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 25 Mar 2011, 3:00 pm

Pair of you pack it in.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dashing One Fri 25 Mar 2011, 3:05 pm

Milky I have no interest in arguing with you but would like to know what joke I made yesterday?

I would also like to state now that I troll nobody, I log in every 15-20 minutes and read all the new updates, if I feel like replying I do but in no uncertain terms do I follow any one poster about.

I hope this is ok with the mods as I would just like to clear this situation up.

The Dashing One

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri 25 Mar 2011, 3:09 pm

Granted this was a joke, i never aimed any jokes at you and this is what you stated, although sounding funny.

"Holymilkys One Night Stand

In Angelinalovesheissobeautifuliwishshewasmywife's House"

I don't like to argue either.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by The Dashing One Fri 25 Mar 2011, 3:15 pm

That was because you were saying that you were the champ so that PPV would be your last night stand, I wasn't taking the pee pee believe it or not and even if it was I don't find any offence in that at all.

Angelina.......was a joke....but come on who wouldn't want a live wrestling event in his house.....it would be awesome.

Anyway, I will refrain from making any jokes in the future regarding yourself as I think this is a really good board and I wouldn't wish to ruin anyones experience.

The Dashing One

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri 25 Mar 2011, 3:19 pm

Seriously,

Don't stop making jokes because i don't mind banter at all, but that i thought was a little personal, maybe im being touchy i don't know.

Honestly, i can take banter, i spent like 5 months in the Nags head on 606, i know what banter is and how to take it. I'm not saying stop making jokes, but the thread was not about me, it was about a completely different subject which Y2 and i (sorry to mention you Y2) randomly started talking about PPV names for the federation we were going to start or so we said as a joke and you joined in, which we have no choice on although im sure we both didn't mind. It was just a bit odd how it turned out to be a joke about me that's all.

Also the reason i said names like King of the peoples ring etc is because i love The Rock and Cena and that particular one was about Rock obviously.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 25 Mar 2011, 3:52 pm

Dashing vs Mikey intrests me more than Mania Wink

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TheUnknownOne. Sat 17 Mar 2012, 4:01 pm

I think Taker v HHH

TheUnknownOne.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down