The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NXT stars to have a match at Wrestlemania 31?

+5
Fernando
Hero
Prometheus
crippledtart
BD21
9 posters

Go down

NXT stars to have a match at Wrestlemania 31? Empty NXT stars to have a match at Wrestlemania 31?

Post by BD21 Sun 08 Feb 2015, 7:51 am

In a huge bit of news, there is a lot of talk regarding WWE NXT being involved in WrestleMania 31. It is already confirmed that WWE will have NXT matches taking place at WrestleMania Axxess. Triple H didn’t exactly want that to occur, but Vince McMahon was insistent. However, fans who want to see NXT represented at the show of shows might get to see it.

WWE has been noticing how huge WWE NXT has gotten and consider it like another brand for them. They realize that it is a huge draw for people to subscribe to the WWE Network. With another “Takeover” live special coming up next week for it during free WWE Network month, WWE knows that NXT will continue to grow fans. So there has been talk in trying to get many of them involved in some sort of multi-man match.

According to Daily Wrestling News, multiple ideas have been pitched regarding NXT Superstars being involved in WrestleMania. One that stood out the most currently is a multi-man ladder match similar to Money in the Bank. While not confirmed, there is a big chance it could be for Sami Zayn’s NXT Championship. That would mean he, along with other huge NXT stars like Kevin Owens, Finn Balor, Hideo Itami, and Adrian Neville, could all take part in WrestleMania.

Due to the amount of matches currently rumored, this match would most likely take place during the pre-show if it takes place at all. WWE could simply have a one-on-one match take place instead. WWE does want to get the crowd hot before the major part of WrestleMania takes place. So what better way to do that than to have NXT open to get the crowd going?

WWE is considering just that, but we’ll have to wait and see what type of match they plan to do. It is almost confirmed that we’ll see NXT involved in some way, it’s just how and when that is up in the air. WWE could always change their minds and not add NXT to the show so that they can make room for main roster talent to have matches. Due to the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal taking place, a lot of Superstars will have a chance to shine in a mult-man match. We could see NXT involved there if WWE cannot figure out a way to add them into their own match.

Many fans would probably really enjoy seeing a ladder match with the top NXT talent. WWE would be smart to add this type of match as it would only bring more exposure to NXT and of course kick the show off with a bang on the WWE Network. Let us wait and see if WWE pulls such a trigger.

BD21

Back to top Go down

NXT stars to have a match at Wrestlemania 31? Empty Re: NXT stars to have a match at Wrestlemania 31?

Post by crippledtart Sun 08 Feb 2015, 9:09 am

Terrible idea. It instantly gives the impression to fans that NXT wrestlers are a load of spot monkeys without their own distinct personalities and issues.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

NXT stars to have a match at Wrestlemania 31? Empty Re: NXT stars to have a match at Wrestlemania 31?

Post by Prometheus Sun 08 Feb 2015, 11:30 am

I broadly agree with crippledtart.

One of the main reasons TNA is getting such good reviews is how well it's booked. Yes, they have some good in-ring talent, but so does WWE. WWE just tends to use them so badly, in short matches, always losing, or made a joke of.

Zayn, Balor, Owens, Neville et al, aren't a magic wand. They are a breath of fresh air, but WWE has to look at what NXT is doing right (and by extension they can improve), not just coveting their talent.

Having said that a 15 minute Zayn / Balor title match with a full Balor entry would IMO be one of the best things WM could have.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sun 08 Feb 2015, 11:39 am

I also love how this article covers everything. NXT a could, or could not be a part of WM. It could be in the pre-show or WM. Wrestlers could be in their own match or a Battle Royale. Basically anything could happen and whatever does, the Daily Wrestling News covered enough bases to be right.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 08 Feb 2015, 1:07 pm

Prometheus wrote:I broadly agree with crippledtart.

One of the main reasons TNA is getting such good reviews is how well it's booked.  Yes, they have some good in-ring talent, but so does WWE.  WWE just tends to use them so badly, in short matches, always losing, or made a joke of.  

Zayn, Balor, Owens, Neville et al, aren't a magic wand.  They are a breath of fresh air, but WWE has to look at what NXT is doing right (and by extension they can improve), not just coveting their talent.

Having said that a 15 minute Zayn / Balor title match with a full Balor entry would IMO be one of the best things WM could have.

I hope this is a typo. Wink

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 08 Feb 2015, 3:18 pm

Well it would probably be one of the highlights of the event an NXT match. At the moment it's a fairly predictable card & one that i could see being the worst WM for a good few years.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 08 Feb 2015, 3:24 pm

Prometheus wrote:
Zayn, Balor, Owens, Neville et al, aren't a magic wand.  They are a breath of fresh air, but WWE has to look at what NXT is doing right (and by extension they can improve), not just coveting their talent.

This. NXT talent isnt really any better than WWE talent, but they look it because its booked and written a whole lot better.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 08 Feb 2015, 4:46 pm

Wwe aren't covering the NXT talent because it is their "talent".

Don't like the idea, although it as a spectacle would be a good watch, for the same reason as others. I'd rather the NXT championship defended, a story of how they are competing to get a spot on the card. Could have them with a number one contendership battle on Raw for a few weeks leading up to it. That gives them story, introduction to characters and a reason to care about the match and the people involved.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 08 Feb 2015, 5:07 pm

Hero wrote:
Prometheus wrote:I broadly agree with crippledtart.

One of the main reasons TNA is getting such good reviews is how well it's booked.  Yes, they have some good in-ring talent, but so does WWE.  WWE just tends to use them so badly, in short matches, always losing, or made a joke of.  

I hope this is a typo. Wink

We all know it's what he feels in his heart ;-)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sun 08 Feb 2015, 5:08 pm

Samo wrote:
Prometheus wrote:

This.  NXT talent isnt really any better than WWE talent, but they look it because its booked and written a whole lot better.

Isn't that what I said?

One of the main reasons TNA is getting such good reviews is how well it's booked. Yes, they have some good in-ring talent, but so does WWE. WWE just tends to use them so badly, in short matches, always losing, or made a joke of.

Ah. I see now the mistake of writing TNA where I meant NXT. My bad.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Mon 09 Feb 2015, 8:01 am

Hopefully this is just guesswork from the dirtsheets. The report being really vague kinda points to that thankfully. IF true, I don't understand it. It's unlikely to gain WM any extra buys or the Network any subscribers (if you watch NXT it's because you have the Network most likely). I'd also prefer NXT and the main roster to be as exclusive as possible.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 09 Feb 2015, 8:33 am

The thing is in America you can get NXT on Hulu aswell, so if you have both and are only interested in NXT then you'll get rid of the Network. I think the Network itself is a big enough draw with the back catalogue, but they need more 'must see' Original programing on it.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Mon 09 Feb 2015, 10:26 am

I don't know if that back catalogue keeps the standard wrestling fan coming back month after month.  I think you get the Network, you have a bit of a binge of content, you get very excited about watching 1996 Bash at the Beach and then you kind of get over that in a couple of months.

So, I absolutely agree that you need Original programming to make it work as something you keep subscribed to.  I also think that WWE can make that work relatively cheaply.  I expect the Austin podcasts were a bigger draw than almost anything else they have as a non-in-ring product. Then you have the talking heads mixed in with archive footage, like the stuff they did on the Monday Night Wars and Rivalries.

I'm very interested in what the numbers will be in April and June.  

Traditionally, WM has a buy rate of around 1 million.  And that is as a full price PPV.  So for 9.99 with the free month promotions and roll out to the UK you'd really hope for the Network to be drawing over 1.5M subscribers in April.

The key for WWE then is to try to keep these, and I think they really need to still have around 1.1 or 1.2 going into June.  And the key to that is to keep delivering network original content that keeps subscribers happy.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down