The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+25
greybeard
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
red_stag
rodders
Breadvan
WillyGilly
mickyt
Cymroglan
Hound_of_Harrow
Luckless Pedestrian
littleswannygirl
Mickado
Ozzy3213
Kenny
MrsP
prop_lyd
Thomond
MBTGOG
Rava
Cari
Gibson
Glas a du
Notch
Suspicious lurker
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
29 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sun 25 Sep 2011, 5:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the virtual rugby pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing the collage of great current props' pictures on the bar. We've got Castrogiovanni, Beast, the Franks brothers, Mas, Tonga'uiha, Roncero, Cian Healey (as demanded by Hughie), Stevens, Murray, Mike Ross, Adam Jones and Steenkamp all in action. Graffiti's a banning offence Wink

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale cuppa coffee mug guinness cider RedWine Bubbly

Previous pub: https://www.606v2.com/t14533-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub

Last edited by Kiwireddevil on Sun 25 Sep 2011, 5:53 pm; edited 3 times in total
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Gibson Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:47 pm

greybeard wrote:
Mickado wrote:What is it about skangers that they all share the same squinty face? I mean, they hang around bus stops asking people for smokes and abusing you if you refuse but they're not exactly a "race", so how do they all look the same.

Malnutrition and inbreeding.

And Hoodies. They ALL wear Hoodies. Ban Hoodies like they are doing with the burca.

Goose and Gander.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by greybeard Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:47 pm

Poites problem is he thinks he's purebred, not inbred.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:50 pm

Gibson wrote:Äverage ref experience for the Provinces matches so far:
Munster = 18 games
Leinster = 18 games
Ulster = 22 games
Connacht 6 games... And 3 Italians in 5 weeks!

Good job I don't believe in conspiracy theories.

Ummm,
By sms.

I think he probably should- Ulsters rise up the table over the past three years has coincided with us getting more experienced refs. How... unusual! We often talk about the (generally erratic) standard of refereeing in conjunction with the reputation and image of the league, I think they are aware of it and I think that teams with more televised games may well see more experienced refs.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:51 pm

That's terrible news.

It's so hard to imagine that this sort of thing was once so commonplace in mining communities. I have no idea of the actual frequency of mining accidents but it seems like mining communities and fishing communities were/just hit so frequently by tragedy.

Hope and pray the outcome is good this time.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:56 pm

They are, it's a very dangerous profession. Not a good way to earn a living given the risks, not a good way to end your life either- hope they get out alive.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:57 pm

That's what happens when your diet consists of fruits of the forest yops and a go of your sister I s'pose...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Tue 27 Sep 2011, 5:59 pm

Notch wrote:
Munster = 18 games
Leinster = 18 games
Ulster = 22 games

Ummm,
By sms.

I think he probably should- Ulsters rise up the table over the past three years has coincided with us getting more experienced refs. How... unusual! We often talk about the (generally erratic) standard of refereeing in conjunction with the reputation and image of the league, I think they are aware of it and I think that teams with more televised games may well see more experienced refs.

Good points, Notch. But at the same time can't a struggling team, like Connacht usually are, use an inexperienced ref to their advantage? Johnny O'Connor is a terror at the breakdown, usually illegally like all model 7s, and if you can get away with more naughtiness with an experienced ref that can help. Cheating can help level the playing field if you can put one over on the ref and the (stronger) opposition.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 27 Sep 2011, 6:00 pm

Jeysus. Sorry I'm on a slow connection here so I didn't read all of what was written. Awful news, I hope they make it out safe.

Gibbo, I always wear hoodies. I'm all for a ban on youngfellas with their hands contantly down their jocks though.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 27 Sep 2011, 6:00 pm

I hope those miners get rescued.

Re. Poite. Most England fans are happy with him; he refs the scrum rigourously..

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 27 Sep 2011, 6:04 pm

Just read about those two miners. I hope that they're all right, and get rescued safely.

Mickado - I find that really annoying. Lads wandering down the road, hand down the front of their pants, fiddling. Go home and have a tug if you need to! FFS.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 27 Sep 2011, 6:05 pm

greybeard wrote:
Notch wrote:
Munster = 18 games
Leinster = 18 games
Ulster = 22 games

Ummm,
By sms.

Good points, Notch. But at the same time can't a struggling team, like Connacht usually are, use an inexperienced ref to their advantage? Johnny O'Connor is a terror at the breakdown, usually illegally like all model 7s, and if you can get away with more naughtiness with an experienced ref that can help. Cheating can help level the playing field if you can put one over on the ref and the (stronger) opposition.

Indeed. The referee isn't really a disadvantage to either side unless its something very specific like wrongly penalising a dominant scrum etc. Even then I'd always say it's down to the players to adapt as much as they can.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 27 Sep 2011, 6:05 pm

Actually very good points made by both there. As for Connacht & Ummm, why is he moaning? They are 3rd in the table.

Probably due to the temporary dizziness one gets from vertigo...
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 27 Sep 2011, 6:25 pm

I just think that every game in the same competition carries the same weight and so the refs should be shared out evenly.

I don't get this, Munster v Leinster or Blues (see, I'm trying) v Ospreys are BIG games which require the more experienced/better refs.

Every game has the same number of points available and so should be treated as of the same importance.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 27 Sep 2011, 6:36 pm

I was wumming this morning BTW. I spent the day out in Gougane Barra,lovely part of the country. Also not all Skangers wear hoodies, I wear hoodies,with the hood up at times if it is called and I'm not one of "them"

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 27 Sep 2011, 6:41 pm

I wear a hoodie too.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Tue 27 Sep 2011, 6:44 pm

What's wrong with Poite? Haven't you been watching that shambles called Clancey?
I am a proud possessor, and wearer of a Wasps hoody,yo Dog
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 27 Sep 2011, 6:44 pm

It's a commercial imperative, not a sporting one. If a poor refereeing performance will affect match attendance and TV ratings, better not alienate the larger fanbases.

I haven't heard half as many complaints about the performance of Italian refs as I have about the Irish refs mind you.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 27 Sep 2011, 6:51 pm

Well,

Cari and Chef have just proved that the stereotype with hoodie wearers is....spot on!

Very Happy

Run

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 27 Sep 2011, 6:52 pm

Referees love the game too, that's why they do it. They also want to see rugby as we know it can be played. I don't think they make dishonest decisions, maybe they are guilty of missing things, but they can't watch all 30 players at the same time.

More power to intervene from the assistant refs is what is needed.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 27 Sep 2011, 6:55 pm

Hound_of_Harrow wrote:Referees love the game too, that's why they do it. They also want to see rugby as we know it can be played. I don't think they make dishonest decisions, maybe they are guilty of missing things, but they can't watch all 30 players at the same time.

More power to intervene from the assistant refs is what is needed.

I totally agree with all of that.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 27 Sep 2011, 6:56 pm

Yup. Hoodie-wearing Dodgy geezers all.

You are what you wear.

I'm a Lady!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA_-PuR3JHw&feature=player_detailpage

Last edited by Gibson on Tue 27 Sep 2011, 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Mick(TEFC) Tue 27 Sep 2011, 6:57 pm

The boys are on their way, Mrs P<hoodiedemoticom>

Dog Spot on thumbsup (Good moniker for a dog,that)
Mick(TEFC)
Mick(TEFC)

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 27 Sep 2011, 6:57 pm

Totally agree Hound.

It seems like in some games the TJs are more involved than others, is that because the TJs are more forthcoming or because some individual refs would rather make their own mind up?

I always think Wayne Barnes seems to ask the TJs a lot.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Tue 27 Sep 2011, 7:22 pm

"all of Alma Cogan is dead, but only some of the class of dead people are Alma Cogan"

All skangers wear hoodies. But not all hoodie wearers are skangers.

For example, given the premise, "all fish live underwater" and "all mackerel are fish", my wife will conclude, not that "all mackerel live underwater", but that "if she buys kippers it will not rain", or that "trout live in trees", or even that "I do not love her any more." This she calls "using her intuition". I call it "crap", and it gets me very *irritated* because it is not logical.

"There will be no supper tonight," she will sometimes cry upon my return home. "Why not?" I will ask. "Because I have been screwing the milkman all day," she will say, quite oblivious of the howling error she has made. "But," I will wearily point out, "even given that the activities of screwing the milkman and getting supper are mutually exclusive, now that the screwing is over, surely then, supper may, logically, be got." "You don't love me any more," she will now often postulate. "If you did, you would give me one now and again, so that I would not have to rely on that rancid Pakistani for my orgasms." "I will give you one after you have got me my supper," I now usually scream, "but not before" -- as you understand, making her bang contingent on the arrival of my supper.

"God, you turn me on when you're angry, you ancient brute!" she now mysteriously deduces, forcing her sweetly throbbing tongue down my throat. "Flip supper!" I now invariably conclude, throwing logic somewhat joyously to the four winds, and so we thrash about on our milk-stained floor, transported by animal passion, until we sink back, exhausted, onto the cartons of yoghurt.

I'm afraid I seem to have strayed somewhat from my original brief. But in a nutshell:

Sex is more fun than logic -- one cannot prove this, but it "is" in the same sense that Mount Everest "is", or that Alma Cogan "isn't".

Goodnight.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 27 Sep 2011, 7:27 pm

Sooo...

Does Alma or the milkman wear the mackerel wear the hoodie ...in the sea?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 27 Sep 2011, 7:29 pm

Alma Cogan is dead?!

You could have broken it gently... like saying Alma's not well. Really not well. But NO!

Next you'll be tellin me that the Beatles have broken up.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Tue 27 Sep 2011, 7:32 pm

Gibson wrote:Alma Cogan is dead?!

You could have broken it gently... like saying Alma's not well. Really not well. But NO!

Next you'll be tellin me that the Beatles have broken up.

Well, not to worry you, but Lennon and Harrison are really, really not well.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 27 Sep 2011, 7:36 pm

Man. Why do they always take the good ones? Huh? They left us with that ponce McCartney... and Ringo.

Saving grace.. David Essex is on Easties now. Grand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsiWmWMAx90&feature=player_detailpage
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 27 Sep 2011, 7:41 pm

greybeard wrote:"all of Alma Cogan is dead, but only some of the class of dead people are Alma Cogan"

All skangers wear hoodies. But not all hoodie wearers are skangers.

For example, given the premise, "all fish live underwater" and "all mackerel are fish", my wife will conclude, not that "all mackerel live underwater", but that "if she buys kippers it will not rain", or that "trout live in trees", or even that "I do not love her any more." This she calls "using her intuition". I call it "crap", and it gets me very *irritated* because it is not logical.

"There will be no supper tonight," she will sometimes cry upon my return home. "Why not?" I will ask. "Because I have been screwing the milkman all day," she will say, quite oblivious of the howling error she has made. "But," I will wearily point out, "even given that the activities of screwing the milkman and getting supper are mutually exclusive, now that the screwing is over, surely then, supper may, logically, be got." "You don't love me any more," she will now often postulate. "If you did, you would give me one now and again, so that I would not have to rely on that rancid Pakistani for my orgasms." "I will give you one after you have got me my supper," I now usually scream, "but not before" -- as you understand, making her bang contingent on the arrival of my supper.

"God, you turn me on when you're angry, you ancient brute!" she now mysteriously deduces, forcing her sweetly throbbing tongue down my throat. "Flip supper!" I now invariably conclude, throwing logic somewhat joyously to the four winds, and so we thrash about on our milk-stained floor, transported by animal passion, until we sink back, exhausted, onto the cartons of yoghurt.

I'm afraid I seem to have strayed somewhat from my original brief. But in a nutshell:

Sex is more fun than logic -- one cannot prove this, but it "is" in the same sense that Mount Everest "is", or that Alma Cogan "isn't".

Goodnight.

Ive been typing, pished, at all hours again. Aven't I?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 27 Sep 2011, 7:46 pm

But...

Did you ever get your dinner?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 27 Sep 2011, 7:47 pm

When the fire alarm goes off I know my dinner is ready.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 27 Sep 2011, 7:49 pm

I tend to always make it... I'm dole scum. The Lady works. Ergo.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 27 Sep 2011, 7:50 pm

Gibson wrote:I tend to always make it... I'm dole scum. The Lady works. Ergo.

Want me to send you a referral form??!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 27 Sep 2011, 7:52 pm

Ha! Yeah Prop. Helllllllllllllllllllp! Ale
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 27 Sep 2011, 7:53 pm

You only get Sky sports 1 in prison

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 27 Sep 2011, 7:55 pm

But, I have really good Work Coach now. Things are bound to improve.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNiqrwelzmI&feature=player_detailpage
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 27 Sep 2011, 7:56 pm

Nah,

We get it here too!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 27 Sep 2011, 7:58 pm

http://itn.co.uk/uk/30128/Prisoners+Sky+Sports+complaint+slammed

They will demand tickets for the games next.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 27 Sep 2011, 8:03 pm

Bloody right too! At least we may get full stadia in Wales and Scotland.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 27 Sep 2011, 8:09 pm

Gibson wrote:
greybeard wrote:
Mickado wrote:What is it about skangers that they all share the same squinty face? I mean, they hang around bus stops asking people for smokes and abusing you if you refuse but they're not exactly a "race", so how do they all look the same.

Malnutrition and inbreeding.

And Hoodies. They ALL wear Hoodies. Ban Hoodies like they are doing with the burca.

Goose and Gander.

That reminds me of a mate, proper west Wales dairy farmer, on his first trip to London. We went into a clothes shop and he fancied a hooded top that was on the top rail of the hooded top section. A pushy shop assistant then came to ask if he could help. My mate said he wanted to see the top. When the assistant got it down the typically tight fisted farmer took one look at the price and said "erm...have you got it without the hood?"
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 27 Sep 2011, 8:22 pm

Laugh
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 27 Sep 2011, 8:27 pm

Gibbo! Have you seen Swanny's Fred "name game sportstars".

It's not what I thought, but it's good fun.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Tue 27 Sep 2011, 8:32 pm

Gibson wrote:Ha! Yeah Prop. Helllllllllllllllllllp! Ale

Crack me a cider i'm on my way Run
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 27 Sep 2011, 8:39 pm

Glas a du wrote:Gibbo! Have you seen Swanny's Fred "name game sportstars".

It's not what I thought, but it's good fun.

I haven't, fy ffrind. But knowing Swanny... I will.

Prop. cider cracked pal. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 27 Sep 2011, 8:46 pm

Do you lose points for spelling the name wrong?

Whistle

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 27 Sep 2011, 8:48 pm

Are you sure you're a doctor not a teacher?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Sep 2011, 8:48 pm

nosweth dda pawb (good evening all)

Just back from my first Welsh class. My tutor has a really funny accent speaking Welsh, got to ask her half way through the lesson where she's from. Turns out she's from Argentina and learnt to speak Welsh in Patagonia! that's pretty darn amazing if you ask me. She's brilliant at speaking it, even if she does sometimes say the words a bit funny (to my ears anyways)

Also turns out my flatmates friend from uni is doing the same course as me so I at least know someone there this year!

And just been reading back, horrible to hear about the miners, I really hope they are rescued safely.

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 27 Sep 2011, 8:49 pm

laughing

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 27 Sep 2011, 8:53 pm

Dreamer, you'll be a chaired bard before we know it. Cynghaneddi with the best of them.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 27 Sep 2011, 8:53 pm

I hope it's clear that I was laughing at Glas, not at Dreamer's Argentinian Welsh speaker or, worse yet, the mining accident.

Just seen that they have rescued one miner but sadly the other has died.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next