The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your favourite title wins?

+12
marty2086
VDT
Kenny
Shot 21 LCFC
Mr H
Sarsippius
talkingpoint
NickisBHAFC
Kay Fabe
The Awesome Giz
bretmeharty
Brady12
16 posters

Go down

What are your favourite title wins? Empty What are your favourite title wins?

Post by Brady12 Sun 25 Sep 2011, 11:06 pm

Usually the most memorable are a Wrestlers first title win, to me it just feels a bit more special...

1. Top of my list is probably Eddie vs Brock at No Way Out... I was never really a big Eddie guy but there was something special that night, I never imaged him winning but he played the roll of the underdog so well, someone I never saw as champion but deserved it immensely when he got his reward.

2. Mankind defeats Rock Raw 1999... Again another feel good moment were the unfashionable underdog triumphs - The pop Austin received was insane & great for Foley when DX got him on their shoulders

3. Ultimate Warrior defeats Hulk Hogan... Symbolic passing of the torch in which Hogan finally got pinned clean against the super over Ultimate Warrior

4. CM Punk defeats John Cena MITB.... The most memorable title change in recent memory, shame the completely messed up the follow up but what an intriguing match, with the outcome always in doubt. Chicago crowd were on fire

5. Rock defeats Triple H Backlash 2000.... Rock overcome the odds to defeat Triple H & the whole McMahon-Helmsley regime - Another insane pop for Austin

Brady12

Back to top Go down

What are your favourite title wins? Empty Re: What are your favourite title wins?

Post by Guest Sun 25 Sep 2011, 11:12 pm

I always liked Chris Benoits title win. It meant so much to him judging by the emotion

and as you have already said Punk beating Cena

Back to top Go down

What are your favourite title wins? Empty Re: What are your favourite title wins?

Post by bretmeharty Mon 26 Sep 2011, 12:03 am

Top of the list for me will always be The Rock winning it at survivor series '98, I still remember every part of that event from JR's introduction to the final part, and part of the reason you could say was because at that time, my interest in wrestling was at its highest point (upto today) and just because I remember it to be a good PPV.

2. As already said but this too is one of mine, Mankind winning on raw vs The Rock - everything about them two at that time was gold.

3.Edge's first title win was a real welcome surprise to me watching it - thinking the PPV was over about to switch it off, It was a bit of a mark out moment for me that.

4. Stone Cold fully loaded '99 first blood match was a good one to me too.

bretmeharty

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Mon 26 Sep 2011, 12:27 am

Too be fair all MITB cash in's are good

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Mon 26 Sep 2011, 1:27 am

1. RVDs WWE title win at one night stand was great the emotion that night was better than Chicago. The crowd that night reminded me of the old days, and the whole roster coming out was special.

2. Goldberg beating Hogan on Nitro for the WCW championship. A PPV type match for free was incredible, was good to see a rising star finally take the strap off Hogan who most people were tired of hogging the spot light.

3. Santino beating Umaga for IC. Since I'de never seen someone win the belt from the audience. Vince and Santinos convo on the mic made me laugh aswell. "so if Umaga gives you concussion, or breaks your leg you can't sue WWE. Do you understand?" 'Si'

A shout for Cena and Batistas title wins at Wrestlemania 21 aswell, a more modern changing of the guard moment, and the start of two men who have dominated at least five years.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 26 Sep 2011, 4:54 pm

Punks win was far better and a far better specticle than RVD's

1. The Ultimate Warrior winning the WWF Title WrestleMania VI

2. CM Punk winning the WWE Title at Money In The Bank

3. Bret Hart winning the WWF Title at SummerSlam 97

4. The Hart Foundation winning the tag titles at SummerSlam 90

5. Shawn Michaels winning the WHC at Survivor Series 02

6. Stone Cold winning the WWF Title at WrestleMania XIV

7. Marty Jannetty winning the IC Title on RAW May 93

8. RVD winning the WWE Title at One Night Stand 06

9. Jeff Hardy winning the WHC at Extreme Rules 09

10. The British Bulldog winning the IC Title at SummerSlam 92

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 26 Sep 2011, 9:56 pm

1. CM Punk vs John Cena Money in the bank 2011 (Amazing crowd just amazing)

2. HBK Winning the 1st ever elmination chamber in 2002

3. The Miz beating Orton last year was acctually very good. Coles commentary was spot on and the miz acctually looked delighted and was even crying. Its boring when Cena and Orton win the title same old pose etc

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 26 Sep 2011, 10:14 pm

In no particular order:

HBK Mania XII

Christian Extreme Rules 2011

CM Punk MITB 2011 (probably my all time favourite at the moment)

HHH No Way out 09 (an awesome EC match and one which HHH came off looking strong)

Sting Starcade 97 - for the build up and promos alone

AJ Styles Bound for Glory 09 - a very emotional win for AJ one which I think TNA got it right with. Sting as mentor to AJ was perfect.

Tyler Black 8th (or 9th?) Anniversary show

Davey Richards - not sure which iPPV it was but 2011 anyway

Last edited by talkingpoint on Mon 26 Sep 2011, 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarsippius Mon 26 Sep 2011, 10:15 pm

Agree with many mentioned here, punk at mitb etc.

Quick mention of one that was recent but I feel has been forgotten probably because of punks, and thats Christians win at extreme rules, plenty of emotion and having edge there with him after 12 yrs or whatever it was.

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue 27 Sep 2011, 1:53 pm

Always liked Roddy Piper beating The Mountie at the 92 Rumble for the IC Title, Piper looked genuinely over the moon.

Shawn Michaels winning the title at Mania 12 was also a special moment.

Jericho winning the Undisputed Championship was also a pleasant suprise.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 27 Sep 2011, 4:53 pm

As mentioned above, Eddie Guerrero beating Brock Lesnar is probably my favourite. Others include Christian winning agains Alberto Del Rio, and believe it or not Mark Henry beating Randy Orton. This guy really deserved the strap but I never thought they would give it to him. So it was a nice suprise.

Also British Bulldog winning the hardcore title off Big Bossman. He is one of my all time favs so when he returned at the England show I nearly died!!!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Wed 28 Sep 2011, 1:09 am

Magnum TA beating Wahoo McDaniels for thr US title in 1985
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 30 Sep 2011, 1:16 pm

Hows no one mentioned Macho Man beating Flair at Wrestlemania 8
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Fri 30 Sep 2011, 4:12 pm

Benoits at WM XX I though was great espicially off the back of Eddies at No Way Out the match at Wrestlemania as well is one of my favourites

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 30 Sep 2011, 4:50 pm

VDT wrote:Hows no one mentioned Macho Man beating Flair at Wrestlemania 8
I really liked the angle and the match but I feel the cheap way Savage won hurt the match, I'd have much rather Savage came off the top rope and crashed an elbow onto Flair, rolling him up and pulling the tights just doesn't scream awesome for me, not for Savage

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by DonIffy Fri 30 Sep 2011, 6:20 pm

marty2086 wrote:Benoits at WM XX I though was great espicially off the back of Eddies at No Way Out the match at Wrestlemania as well is one of my favourites

This

DonIffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Mon 03 Oct 2011, 1:37 pm

Hi first time poster here so hello.

One that stands out for me was Edge beating RVD and Cena in a triple threat on Raw. This was when RVD got suspended for the drugs in a car thing. At the time, I had only recently got back into WWE after a long absence of Sky Tv at home. I did not read the results or rumour sites then either, so the surprise element was great. Being an RVD hater, and Edge fan, made this all the more sweeter.

Danny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 03 Oct 2011, 2:23 pm

Welcome aboard Danny

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Fri 07 Oct 2011, 11:38 am

As much as I hate the thought of him being champ now when Rey 1st won the World heavyweight title that was something pretty special.

Also have to agree with Mark Henry, thought after the buried him following his major push a few years ago when he was destroying Batista etc that they were never gonna give him it, so was a pleasant surprise.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sat 08 Oct 2011, 10:53 am

alanqlm wrote:As much as I hate the thought of him being champ now when Rey 1st won the World heavyweight title that was something pretty special.

Also have to agree with Mark Henry, thought after the buried him following his major push a few years ago when he was destroying Batista etc that they were never gonna give him it, so was a pleasant surprise.

You are kidding me right? I'd put Mysterio's 1st title win up there with Hogan's at Wrestlemania 9 as being one of the worst ever. Basically he was a surrogate for his dead friend Eddie Guerrero

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 08 Oct 2011, 11:01 am

I have got to say I enjoyed Mysterio's title win as well, it seemed to be a genuinly emotional moment for him. Although he was pushed on the back of Eddie's death, I still enjoyed his push and the actual match was a good one too.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down