The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

monday night rawwwwrrrrr! (spoilers)

+12
NickisBHAFC
Jammy31
JoshSansom
Celtic Warrior
sodhat
Kay Fabe
Kenny
uberkiwi
crippledtart
Madrox
HitmanOwl
JamesLincs
16 posters

Go down

monday night rawwwwrrrrr! (spoilers) Empty monday night rawwwwrrrrr! (spoilers)

Post by JamesLincs Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:49 pm

enjoying raw tonight tbh

triple h opens the show explaining why he fired miz/truth until one by one ziggler, cody and christian make their way down to the ring unhappy at theire treatment from people in the last week. triple does his usual crappy unfunny jokes and doesnt care and ten decides to punish them instead. cody starts the night with a 10 man battle royal for the ic title. he obviously wins eliminating a distracted sheamus, christian clobbers sheamus after the match. erm what next, some women do wrestling a bit. erm, cena comes out saying he isnt scared of hell in a cell blah blah blah shouting loud noises. del rio and punk make their way to commentary for cenas match with christian.. punk sporting his commentators coat once more. del rio sucker puches punk and del rio runs like a scared little boy. what else. henry v khali ends in no contest, henry hits khali from behind with the belt and does the slam rather impressively. mason ryan makes his return supposedly as a heel only to turn on swagger in a 6 man tag match. he intercepts ziggler and pretty much destroys him with some move.. ziggler sure knows how to sell doesnt he! just about to watch punk v del rio in main event, cenas on commentary. i expect he will aa del rio

oh and triple h said pi55. cody has staples in his head too

i tell you what, i really enjoyed that. good ending too. del rio dominant! punk wins the match with a kick. rodriguez comes in and hits punk, for some reason the cell hanging over the ring lowers and as rodriguez tries to escape he stopped by cena. cage now in place punk hits the gts on poor rodriguez it is then followed up by an aa. then punk attempts to gts cena, cena gets out and atempts an aa only for punk to escape and then del rio hits punk and cena with chairs, he doesnt hold back! you can see the pain on punks face. he places a chair in between 2 turnbuckles and throws punk into ir. the chair is now broken

del boy and roddy escape with ther lives as raw goes off air

7/10 for me

lol cody was on form too, really enjoying him atm.

keep forgettin certain parts. a list david otunga is now a lawyer or something apparently, he is going to help christian cody and ziggler in a case against triple h.... he was wearing a bow tie

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

monday night rawwwwrrrrr! (spoilers) Empty Re: monday night rawwwwrrrrr! (spoilers)

Post by HitmanOwl Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:08 pm

Absolute cracking raw Tbh. Built up things nicely for hiac. ADR looked strong,mason Ryan looked a beast as did Henry. The opening segment went on for a touch too long but I suppose it built the matches for later on.

I noticed Orton wasn't on the show? Maybe him and Cody are going to feud which I think could push Cody into newer heights.

Really like this 8/10 for me.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

monday night rawwwwrrrrr! (spoilers) Empty Re: monday night rawwwwrrrrr! (spoilers)

Post by Madrox Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:21 pm

I was really impressed with Raw this week and find it refreshing that leading into HIAC PPV it's starting to get a bit edgier. It was great to see the use of the chair at the end in which Punk sold really well.

Madrox

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:32 pm

Sounds like a good Raw, helped by a noticeable lack of shoot promos.

One criticism, and it's the same one as usual: from reading about the opening promo exchange, I don't see what good it does Ziggler, Rhodes and Christian (all three of whom have been performing out of their skin in recent months) to be emasculated by Triple H one by one. The digs at Ziggler in particular made him look like a complete wimp.

People say they don't make heels like Mr Perfect, Jake Roberts, Ted Dibiase or Rick Rude any more. It's not because today's wrestlers are less talented, it is because the wrestlers of twenty years ago weren't subjected to cr@p like that.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:43 pm

It's building nicely to survivor series aswell. Looks like....

Heels.

Dolph(think he will drop the title to Ryder)
Swagger
Miz
R truth
ADR or Christian

Triple h
Punk or ??
Cena
Mason Ryan
The Rock

Only problem is the title needs defending? Maybe punk and del Rio?

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by uberkiwi Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:16 pm

Quite enjoyed it for once. The talk was fairly minimal and put on some decent matches. I still love the Sin Cara x 2 stuff.

Hitman, I personally think Ziggler and Schwagger will end up feuding with Vickie caught in the middle.

uberkiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:44 pm

Davieswasacrippledtart wrote:Sounds like a good Raw, helped by a noticeable lack of shoot promos.

One criticism, and it's the same one as usual: from reading about the opening promo exchange, I don't see what good it does Ziggler, Rhodes and Christian (all three of whom have been performing out of their skin in recent months) to be emasculated by Triple H one by one. The digs at Ziggler in particular made him look like a complete wimp.

People say they don't make heels like Mr Perfect, Jake Roberts, Ted Dibiase or Rick Rude any more. It's not because today's wrestlers are less talented, it is because the wrestlers of twenty years ago weren't subjected to cr@p like that.

it was a farce tbh, you'll see when you watch it. he just tore em to shreads and they all left throwing a tantrum.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:50 pm

RAW was a lot better this week, some good matches and not to much talking . Hobo's RAW fast forward should be longer this week .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:22 pm

I thought Cody Rhodes stole the show

As much as I don't like Otunga I've been saying for months that he should be using the lawyer gimmick, he can talk but isn't convincing enough at cutting a menacing promo, this is the type of gimmick that could get him over, keep him out of the ring and his clothes on and he might have a place on TV

Dolph Ziggler just gets more and more convincing on the mic

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:37 pm

Oh I almost forgot the best part of the show, Michael Cole announcing to the World that Jerry Lawler is suffering from Anal Bleeding Laugh how he kept a straight face I'll never know, especially when Book said 'WHAAAAAAT!?!?!?!

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:41 pm

the-gaffer wrote:I thought Cody Rhodes stole the show

As much as I don't like Otunga I've been saying for months that he should be using the lawyer gimmick, he can talk but isn't convincing enough at cutting a menacing promo, this is the type of gimmick that could get him over, keep him out of the ring and his clothes on and he might have a place on TV

Dolph Ziggler just gets more and more convincing on the mic

Alternatively, he could go and earn big money by using his Law degree...

I agree though, it's something he should play upon, in an I'm better than you kind of way.

Reading it, RAW looks good this week, and I want to watch but probably won't get the chance till Friday. Seems like Ryder is receiving a push of sorts too, being allowed to score the pin over Ziggler like that.

Anyone else pick up on the 'anal bleeding' comment by Cole...who's idea was that!? I can imagine King and JR were suitably unimpressed by that one! (just seen gaffers comment on this by the way!)

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:51 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Oh I almost forgot the best part of the show, Michael Cole announcing to the World that Jerry Lawler is suffering from Anal Bleeding Laugh how he kept a straight face I'll never know, especially when Book said 'WHAAAAAAT!?!?!?!

I'm surprised it took until 12:37 for someone to mention that. I read it in the spoilers this morning and was like Erm

Vintage Cole!!

I'll be watching it when I get home.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:52 pm

The anal bleeding comment was hilarious though I do hope it isn't the start of another Cole v Lawler feud.

The issue with the way that Ziggler and Rhodes are being portrayed at the moment is that they do have legitimate gripes. Heels of old were always the ones on top and yet at the moment we have the audience cheering that Mason Ryan turned on ZigSwag and the faces seemingly being happy to have won a 4v2 handicap match.

Otunga in a suit as a manager I think would work very well and there is always the chance that he could turn into a Johnnie Cochran style lawyer able to get anyone off with anything and get his "clients" away with anything.

It would be an interesting way to go.

N.B. In case anyone is unaware, Cochran was OJ Simpson's lawyer in his murder trial.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:04 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Oh I almost forgot the best part of the show, Michael Cole announcing to the World that Jerry Lawler is suffering from Anal Bleeding Laugh how he kept a straight face I'll never know, especially when Book said 'WHAAAAAAT!?!?!?!

hahaha i forgot about that, i was doing something else and thought, did i hear that right!

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:04 pm

I was thinking he is more Clarence Mason

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:07 am

This isn't yet up on WWEO, so is there anywhere else I can catch this?
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:12 am

Daily Motion will have it I think -- that's where I always go first

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:13 am

YouTube mate.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:16 am

This raises a point for me... WWE aren't militant about blocking their content it seems, it's available almost any decent video site... Why?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:36 am

there must be atleast 10 youtube users who upload them within hours of it airing. if you type 'wwe raw 9 26 11' itll be there in about 9 segments

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:10 am

Why does everyone love Raw this much this week ?

I diddnt think it was that good i suppose it does set us up nicley for hell in the cell on sunday

But no segments. CM Punk wins again ! Yahoo

I am so scared there droping this HHH Punk Angle Sad

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:30 am

Del Rio needed a win this week badly. Seriously, losing cleanly to a kick to the head? Poor booking

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:07 am

ADR looked weak in the match but (importantly for the only heel in the match) vicious afterwards. I am sure that such strength will translate into him being the one looking up at the lights on the night though!

I don't think that they are dropping the Punk/HHH segment, just that they realise that: a) they need to pace this out so that it lasts until WM b) they have a PPV in a week and need a good main event and Cena v ADR won't do without Punk being involved.

I would say that for all Punk lovers out there (me included) there is no reason to worry about his position in the company anymore. As he is now a main event face it shows to me that the company has total faith in him and he has made it to the level of a Cena/Orton.

I don't think that the WWE do mind about content on proprietary sites if it results in higher PPV buys, they are much sharper about cutting those mid transmission!

Think that Mason Ryan as a face is a strange move (though he has been playing one on Superstars before). Think that his finisher looks good and frankly he is a complete freak in appearance!! He really seems to dominate the previous muscle guys they have had, can't remember if he was that muscular on Gladiators or not (mainly because I didn't watch it) though it would be interesting to see if he is going to be given a push of some kind.

Also, the more and more I see him the more and more I think that Dolph Ziggler is looking main event material - would love to see a feud for him with CM Punk at some stage.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:12 am

Ziggler does look like he is ready for a step up, I'd like to see him ger another finisher though, I'd give him a snap DDT, kick in the guts ala Austin and a snap DDT ala Jake Roberts

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:29 am

I think Ziggler sells moves really well. I remember when Edge speared him once, and he sold it so well, I genuinely thought he was dead after his head bounced of the mat.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:48 am

Yeah it was a decent show in the end, once you get over the fact Triple H the star of the show decided again to completely bury 3 of the WWE best talents.... I like the way Cody used Orton's botch to his advantage until the son-in-law shot it down basically saying 'dont be a coward, be more like Triple H'.... Christians whinning heel act I'm really enjoying loved it when he asked in the Cena match was for the title!!

Cena for once tried to put over the title, he's much better as a serious act rather than when he's telling poopie jokes.

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:14 am

lol for some reason i liked ziggler storming out going "hes an internet champion... it doesnt even count"

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:56 pm

I quite liked Raw.

Michael Cole was on fire all night. Anal bleeding was hilarious - not because of what he said, but the reaction afterwards - total silence and a straight face, apart from Booker Laugh

I thought the main event had a rushed end - the finish and the immediate lowering of the cell seemed weird and out of step. The 6 man tag and Mason Ryan's involvement made next to no sense.

Otunga as a lawyer worked really well, and could be a great gimmick if he's teamed with a heel working on exploiting loopholes for his client - sounds like a perfect foil for Christian to me.

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:27 am

I'd team Otunga up long term with Christian, him playing the whiney bitch makes sense for him to have a lawyer in toe for every setback

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:04 am

Just found out about the Dark match from RAW.

Cena, Punk, ADR, Ziggler and Swagger in a 5-man HIAC for the title.

I'd pay money to see that ANY day of the week.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:12 am

Glad they managed to keep Miz and Truth off the show to sell their firings

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:15 am

the-gaffer wrote:Glad they managed to keep Miz and Truth off the show to sell their firings

Not sure if you have seen Miz's Youtube channel but apparently he and Truth invaded a house show because HHH wouldn't be there.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:23 am

I read about it, I like that, I wouldn't even have minded if they invaded the RAW dark match, so long as its not on TV hardly anyone will know they're there

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down