The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS- Khan accepts new job offer !! Best interview so far !!

+5
Lumbering_Jack
Scottrf
oxring
Fists of Fury
b4sha
9 posters

Go down

BREAKING NEWS- Khan accepts new job offer !! Best interview so far !!  Empty BREAKING NEWS- Khan accepts new job offer !! Best interview so far !!

Post by b4sha Wed 28 Sep 2011, 11:51 am

WBA/IBF 140 pound champion Amir Khan has accepted a recent job offer from WBA "regular" beltholder Marcos Maidana. During earlier reports on boxingscene.com, Maidana blasted Khan and offered him a job as the new "Team Maidana adviser" a direct response to some recent comments from the britsh boxer, where he advised Maidana to stop facing lackluster opponents and to face top level competition like WBO champion Timothy Bradley.

"So, Maidana and his team want me to be his adviser. That's fine, I'm sure I can do a better job than them. First bit of advice, fight guys that are in the top ten, like i do. You've recvently fought [Petr] Petrov, ranked 57th, [Erik} Morales, 20th , [DeMarcus] Corley, 163rd [Victor] Cayo, 34th, [Willaim] Gonzalez 250th," Khan wote.

"Damn, no wonder why he has a high knockout percentage- and he couldn't even knock out or even drop what you guys call a [fighter with a] glass jaw? He had twelve rounds to knock me out and couldn't even put me on the canvas, and nearly [put me down] is not good enough. The seconds bit of advice, fight Bradley this year, get past him and then you'll get more advice".

HAHAHA more interviews like this would be great !!

b4sha

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS- Khan accepts new job offer !! Best interview so far !!  Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS- Khan accepts new job offer !! Best interview so far !!

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 28 Sep 2011, 11:52 am

Saw that on Twitter last night, had to laugh, quite amusing from Amir. Maidana really hates him, all of his tweets are about Khan.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS- Khan accepts new job offer !! Best interview so far !!  Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS- Khan accepts new job offer !! Best interview so far !!

Post by oxring Wed 28 Sep 2011, 11:54 am

That's pretty funny actually. Good chat.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 28 Sep 2011, 11:57 am

So many snapping at Khan's knees wanting him to respond.

Must feel good, if you have haters you're doing something right.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by b4sha Wed 28 Sep 2011, 12:04 pm

Khan comes across a bit boring in his interviews but this one is great!!
I think loads of people use his name for fame! But it works, look at Paul McCloskey!! His well known now !! I never heard of the guy until he fought Khan.

b4sha

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 28 Sep 2011, 12:41 pm

Obviously Khan has fought much better opposition. Salita, McCloskey, and Paulie "Pillow hands" Malignaggi.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 28 Sep 2011, 1:19 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Obviously Khan has fought much better opposition. Salita, McCloskey, and Paulie "Pillow hands" Malignaggi.

Maidana, Judah, and Kotelnik..? Or did you omit their names because they don't support your assertion? Even Malignaggi is better than Maidana's recent opposition. He's an under-rated guy because he can't hit hard.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Wed 28 Sep 2011, 1:48 pm

Criticizing Morales may come back and bite him in the a$$

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed 28 Sep 2011, 1:57 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:Obviously Khan has fought much better opposition. Salita, McCloskey, and Paulie "Pillow hands" Malignaggi.

Maidana, Judah, and Kotelnik..? Or did you omit their names because they don't support your assertion? Even Malignaggi is better than Maidana's recent opposition. He's an under-rated guy because he can't hit hard.

As Khan fought Maidana, Maidana has fought Khan, no points for that. Same with Kotelnik. Then we have judah, a guy gifted the title who has lost every big fight he has ever been in.

They have both fought very similar opposition, which is the basis of Khans silly argument.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Wed 28 Sep 2011, 2:04 pm

Maidana's top three opponents (Kotelnik, Ortiz and Khan), are about equal with Khans (Kotelnik, Maidana and Judah). I know Maidana lost 2 of those by close decisions, but I suppose he's never been KO'd by a no-marker either.

It's interesting stuff, would be a very good rematch somewhere down the line.

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Wed 28 Sep 2011, 3:11 pm

Maidana has fought morales (no worse than khan fighting Barrera), kotelnik (one of khans 140lb opponents), Ortiz (a better opponent than paper champ judah) and of course khan himself. His list of 140lb opponents isn't significantly worse than khans, these two just don't like each other - so why not have a rematch? It was a good fight and a close one. I'd rather see that than khan ho through the motions with Peterson. Maidana was the only risk khan has taken since Prescott, don't expect to see him take any more risks now they're eyeing up floyd, it'll be more fodder like McCloskey and Judah all the way.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Wed 28 Sep 2011, 4:00 pm

I thought they were trying to manipulate a fight with Morales next for Khan.

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by BearHug Wed 28 Sep 2011, 5:07 pm

Although quite funny, Amir should avoid this talk with Maidana. It will fuel talk about a rematch and Amir has nothing to gain from that (although I would like to see it)

BearHug

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down