The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should the Price camp risk Fury now??

+17
Mr H
alfredperami
ian_jamsie
huw
eddyfightfan
Super D Boon
Fists of Fury
KingMonkey
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Strongback
Scottrf
Waingro
dalynchster1
bhb001
Pedro147
AlexHuckerby
TRUSSMAN66
21 posters

Go down

Should the Price camp risk Fury now?? Empty Should the Price camp risk Fury now??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Sep 2011, 6:52 pm

Fury for me is just a lumbering journeyman type who's full of heart.....Should be outworked by a good pro..and Indeed I think he lost to McDermott....Can't really see Fury improving much apart from maybe in the tank department...

Price looks to have good skills, crispy jab and half decent power...Been impressed with his set up and skill base....

Think he's the best Brit in all but name now Haye has been found out..

Me I think with the talent about he should be fast tracked to Brit level at least...as there is little to learn by beating the guff about town....

Maybe wait for the Klits to go or get older but for me they should risk Fury now or as soon as possible..

Good stepping stone and very beatable.......will also get him out there..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Should the Price camp risk Fury now?? Empty Re: Should the Price camp risk Fury now??

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 28 Sep 2011, 7:14 pm

Definitely wait, he has no chance of beating a Klit now or in the next few years, think he should bide his time the Klits will be gone soon... But then again I could see him picking up a loss anyway even if he's not facing a Klit. He's active and makes so many mistakes defensively it's scary, if he comes up against a real puncher that can go 12 properly and has a bit of speed he's in massive trouble. But then again there isn't many of them around right now.
People talking about Fury against Haye, why? Haye would destroy him, (Reminding myself of Waingro) he's an absolute nightmare for Fury. Been saying it for a while Price is far superior to him in every department except quite possibly the punch resistance area, massive question marks on his chin.
To be fair to the guy, not everyones destined for the stars and at the very least he looks and seems to be acting as though he wants to at the very least give it a good go, which is all you can ask for really.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Should the Price camp risk Fury now?? Empty Re: Should the Price camp risk Fury now??

Post by Pedro147 Wed 28 Sep 2011, 7:14 pm

I agree. I think he'd beat Fury inside 6. Fury is so overrated it's scary, even against a fat Chisora he looked vulnerable when he got caught with a punch.

Just my opinion though.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 28 Sep 2011, 8:10 pm

Fury is not the finished product and may never be, but he is definitely good enough to risk against Price. The Klitches are too much, but he should test himself against any one in the UK and possibly Europe

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by dalynchster1 Wed 28 Sep 2011, 8:56 pm

Fury should have to much for Price and would finish the fight in 3. Having said that the bad blood between these two could make it fun while it lasts. Still going with Fury, better chin even though he dont hit as hard!!

dalynchster1

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Wed 28 Sep 2011, 9:31 pm

I agree, our heavyweights need to get a move on the division is weak overall so not as if they need to be held back imo our heavyweights are just as good if not better than the likes European heavyweights like Dimitrenko or the American heavyweights like Arreola dont get why people think these guys are any better than Price or Fury.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Sep 2011, 9:46 pm

Interesting.. most of you think that the Price won't be inflated by a prospective match with Fury....

Let's hope they get it on......Although Fury has much more to lose short term anyway..

Pick Price to win though by unanimous decision.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 28 Sep 2011, 9:46 pm

Price would love Fury, Hennessy wouldn't want it.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Sep 2011, 9:49 pm

Get him a brandy to calm his nerves..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 28 Sep 2011, 9:49 pm

Which brand?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Sep 2011, 9:51 pm

Blue oystervoisier.....slips down a treat leaving you a satisfying after taste....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 29 Sep 2011, 12:30 am

Price looks like a class act and must be right up there at the top of the HW prospects.

I'm not sure he has been tested yet and hopefully McDermott still has something left in the tank when they fight.

Price stayed amateur for a long time so at 28 doesn't have as much time on his hands as Fury. Fury already has the greater experience and has been in a few tough fights. Price's fundamentals are way ahead of Fury's but Fury is a fighting man so I think this would be a good scrap. Price looks the better prospect but he needs to get a move on as Trussy says. He's only a couple of years younger than Haye.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 29 Sep 2011, 9:26 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Fury for me is just a lumbering journeyman type who's full of heart.....Should be outworked by a good pro..and Indeed I think he lost to McDermott....Can't really see Fury improving much apart from maybe in the tank department...

Price looks to have good skills, crispy jab and half decent power...Been impressed with his set up and skill base....

Think he's the best Brit in all but name now Haye has been found out..

Me I think with the talent about he should be fast tracked to Brit level at least...as there is little to learn by beating the guff about town....

Maybe wait for the Klits to go or get older but for me they should risk Fury now or as soon as possible..

Good stepping stone and very beatable.......will also get him out there..........

Price is all wrong for Fury, some who is near enough is own height he has better skills and power. I don't see Fury lasting the 12 rounds or having the power to question Price's chin.

Fury was conveincingly beaten by McDermott IMO and was one of the worst decisions of the year. So bad that they change the rules on the English title to be judge by 3 judges and not the ref. Who funnily enough in this case, got spanked by McDermott's dad back in the day.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu 29 Sep 2011, 10:09 am

No matter how many times I see him I just don't see a quality boxer iin Fury. He might do alright for a little while whilst being carefully matched but his days are numbered in my opinion.

Price has the skills and the build, appears to have the power too. The question mark is definitely his chin and perversly Fury might be a decent test. Big John vs Price will be fun, looking forward to that.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 29 Sep 2011, 10:29 am

Price has had a couple of one punch knockouts and putting down a decent domestic fighter like Tom Dallas as easily as he did is very impressive.

In saying that I wouldn't see him doing that to Fury. Fury can take a punch and when hurt has the wit to cover up and give himself a chance to recover. Sometimes I think he goes into his shell a bit too much when he gets tagged hard and it looks like he is struggling more than he is. My reason for thinking this is that he seems to recover very quickly after a few moments and is able to boss the fight again.

It's a fantastic potential match-up: the boxer Vs the scrapper.

Price looks the better man but lets see how he gets on in a couple of tough fights to see what he is made of.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 29 Sep 2011, 10:33 am

Asked this question on twitter, boxing news editor Glyn Leach feels that Price should gain more experience of longer distance fights before taking on Fury, whereas David Coldwell and Kevin Campion feel that Price should take the fight now, for sure. Campion believes that Fury will be going after Sprott or someone of that ilk next.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Thu 29 Sep 2011, 12:33 pm

Can't wait for a half decent fighter to end the joke that is Tyson Fury. Can't stand the hype this talentless motorhome lover has had since he beat a fat and uninterested Derek Chisora. If only that Del Boy had concentrated on training rather than eating pies and beating up women.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu 29 Sep 2011, 12:37 pm

If Fraudley had an ounce of dignity he'd be acting as a half reasonable gatekeeper for this lot.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Sep 2011, 1:08 pm

Some people do seem to forget that Fury was willing to give McDermott the rematch people clamoured for and then dealt with him decisively. Whilst neither are anything like the finished article I think they both have enough to give the other problems but possess enough of their own flaws to make life difficult if they don't have their eye on the prize.

Seems that Price possesses a bigger single punch but I think Fury has a better range of shots. I do like the uppercut Tyson throws (when he's not hitting himself...although that makes me smile as well) and he has the size to make that a viable shot against Price.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 29 Sep 2011, 2:58 pm

how long can they avoid each other? fury is the champion, and price's next fight is an eliminator- as should have been his last fight. mccdermott should be a good test for price, and a good marker as to his chances with fury. fury scrapped a decision the first time but was dominant in a rematch he didnt have to take. he has improved dramatically since. it will be interesting to see how they both deal with a opponent of similar height and power. think fury might just have the edge in dealing with the big pressure fights, fury having boxed on terrestrial for his last two, he probably has more to lose as well

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Thu 29 Sep 2011, 3:25 pm

Actually think Fury would win this.

Really think that Fury is actually giving it a proper go now and starting to get himself in shape.

Having said that if they fought now that Fury has it all to lose and Price everything to gain.

At his age it is something that he should be pushing for, would give him a much quicker route to some bigger (in name only!) fighters.

Fury has no real need to take this until forced, better learning fights out there for him.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Fri 30 Sep 2011, 7:51 pm

Price is chinny and fury isn't.

Over 12 rounds Fury will win.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 01 Oct 2011, 10:38 am

You land in the right place anyone will go down..

Price is quicker, more skilled and has a higher work rate...

You over-rate Fury..

But your opinions are always welcome...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by alfredperami Mon 03 Oct 2011, 4:16 pm

hello all, been working away for a few months (6) so not been posting.

Kept an eye(loose eye on fury) on both these two and would like to know how anyone has come to the conclusion that Fury has the better chin? he has been rocked in every fight i have seen of his(only 3 or 4). the kid is better off fighting with the gloves off for family pride.

Price hasnt got all the time in the world but hes not passed it either is he, he has size skills a good head on and more than enough to take that lump out.
best of the Brit heavy's well hopefully within the next ten days if haye follow through on his word.(HA)

seems simple to me one guy is in shape looks very good every time out(looks to be living the life full time) the other is fat with a scrap in his blood and very little skill in comparison this should only go one way.
if Fury was in shape or even had a consistant fighting weight i may take him more seriously. i cant see him making all the changes he needs quick enough for a price bout tho, price seems to be an athlete and Fury a guy who likes a fight.

alfredperami
alfredperami

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Mon 03 Oct 2011, 5:02 pm

alfredperami wrote:hello all, been working away for a few months (6) so not been posting.

Kept an eye(loose eye on fury) on both these two and would like to know how anyone has come to the conclusion that Fury has the better chin? he has been rocked in every fight i have seen of his(only 3 or 4). the kid is better off fighting with the gloves off for family pride.

Price hasnt got all the time in the world but hes not passed it either is he, he has size skills a good head on and more than enough to take that lump out.
best of the Brit heavy's well hopefully within the next ten days if haye follow through on his word.(HA)

seems simple to me one guy is in shape looks very good every time out(looks to be living the life full time) the other is fat with a scrap in his blood and very little skill in comparison this should only go one way.
if Fury was in shape or even had a consistant fighting weight i may take him more seriously. i cant see him making all the changes he needs quick enough for a price bout tho, price seems to be an athlete and Fury a guy who likes a fight.

I think you are being harsh on Fury he has a good chin and can take a punch can we same the same about Price? Price has not shown he can take a punch even though I think he has looked very good so far. Fury is a bit fat but make no mistake he can fight for 12 rounds and is getting better all the time most people thought Chisora would school him but he proved everyone wrong.

It is time for Fury to step up I would like to see him fight lots of guys Price and Fury should take on some of those overrated Americans heavys like Arreola and (who is fatter than Fury) and Chambers not ure why peple think these guys are better. Maybe they would not beat Klichko but I think they would be a good fight lets be honest who wants to see klichko beat up a wash out like Mormeck Fury would be a much better opponent an no shame if he lost he would still have a good career and would earn plenty of money imo.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 03 Oct 2011, 5:06 pm

Waingro wrote:
alfredperami wrote:hello all, been working away for a few months (6) so not been posting.

I think you are being harsh on Fury he has a good chin and can take a punch can we same the same about Price? Price has not shown he can take a punch even though I think he has looked very good so far. Fury is a bit fat but make no mistake he can fight for 12 rounds and is getting better all the time most people thought Chisora would school him but he proved everyone wrong.

It is time for Fury to step up I would like to see him fight lots of guys Price and Fury should take on some of those overrated Americans heavys like Arreola and (who is fatter than Fury) and Chambers not ure why peple think these guys are better. Maybe they would not beat Klichko but I think they would be a good fight lets be honest who wants to see klichko beat up a wash out like Mormeck Fury would be a much better opponent an no shame if he lost he would still have a good career and would earn plenty of money imo.

I wouldnt say Fury is effective over 12 rounds. He nearly died in McDermott II

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon 03 Oct 2011, 5:19 pm

The whole British Heavyweight Division severely lacks class. Not one guy - Fury, Price or Chisora, has the technical quality to beat a Klitschko. Lets be honest, when the Brothers K retire, the Heavyweight Division will be in worse shape than it already is.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Benelio Mon 03 Oct 2011, 5:24 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:I wouldnt say Fury is effective over 12 rounds. He nearly died in McDermott II

In fairness to Fury, that fight was in June 2010, during a global heatwave. Quick google search reveals that London reached 31 degrees Celsius during that time. Just two weeks before the Fury fight, I remember Bantamweight Ian Napa having to pack it in at the end of round 8 against Stuart Hall when he was ahead on points, due to the heat. Fury weighs about 150lbs more than Napa and was still standing in round 9 of his fight in similarly humid conditions.

Benelio

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 03 Oct 2011, 5:28 pm

The division will be worse off quality wise without the Klitschkos but would be more competitive as a trade off.

Its getting to the stage now where the gap between the Klitschkos and the rest of the competition is just so great that the division is massively uncomptetitive and the two brothers are now struggling for opponents who are willing to face them. Mormeck is an awfully poor fight but there are just so few options out there now as the fact there are two Klitschkos means the ranked challengers are beaten in double quick time.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Mon 03 Oct 2011, 7:10 pm

I think the klichkos are quality yes its boring with them because they are too good but fighters should not be afraid to fight them that is the problem imo i think too many boxers are waiting for them to retire but tbh they could probably be champs for alot more years.

Chisora was willing to fight them so what if he lost he would get good mony and could go back to other fights not like his career was over or he would have to retire in some ways it is like when Lewis was around many of the top fighters would not fight him.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 03 Oct 2011, 8:40 pm

what i think seperates fury is that he has a willingness to take on the best in britan and reallys wants to test himself, and he is fighting often enough to make good progress and keep focused. there seems to be a lack of urgency with the rest of them. hayes, perez, chisora, dallas and price have all took way too long between fights, and then theres towers who is just fighting bums. fury is probably going to become the most experienced of the lot andhe's the youngest.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 03 Oct 2011, 9:09 pm

Benelio wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:I wouldnt say Fury is effective over 12 rounds. He nearly died in McDermott II

In fairness to Fury, that fight was in June 2010, during a global heatwave. Quick google search reveals that London reached 31 degrees Celsius during that time. Just two weeks before the Fury fight, I remember Bantamweight Ian Napa having to pack it in at the end of round 8 against Stuart Hall when he was ahead on points, due to the heat. Fury weighs about 150lbs more than Napa and was still standing in round 9 of his fight in similarly humid conditions.

Same could be said about McDermott aswell then. If I remember correctly he was starting to get back into the fight before he gassed

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 04 Oct 2011, 9:49 am

Mr H wrote:The whole British Heavyweight Division severely lacks class. Not one guy - Fury, Price or Chisora, has the technical quality to beat a Klitschko. Lets be honest, when the Brothers K retire, the Heavyweight Division will be in worse shape than it already is.

But it'll be more exciting as it becomes more competitive. A bit like the premier league in football, if you aren't a fan of the bigger clubs it is a dull league. The Championship may not have as much quality but the fact that almost every team there can beat another makes it more exciting.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Tue 04 Oct 2011, 10:46 am

Having watched a bunch of Fury's fights I have been thoroughly unimpressed. He looks woefully unfit, sloppy, has poor footwork, etc. But, recently he has been improving, and I think he might be moulded into something decent. Still an absolute joke to consider him in the same thought pattern as the Klitschkos. The K-bros are big guys who move like and are coordinated like genuine athletes. Fury is just a big lump.

Price, on the other hand, I have been impressed with. Good fundamentals. Boxes really well behind his jab. Decent coordination for a big guy. Growing in confidence. If I was handling Price I'd bring him on at a progressive but slow pace. In a few years I see him being a real threat at world level. Just got to hope the Klits retire sooner rather than later.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by kevchadders Tue 04 Oct 2011, 1:59 pm

Certainly think he has the skill set to beat Fury and believe Price will go further in there respective careers.

At the moment though I think Price needs a couple of long distance fights under his belt. I wasn't to see his stamina tested over the distance, so would look to match him up with some domestic heavies with good chins who don't carry too much KO threat themselves. Expect Price isn't too many fight away from a shot at the British title.

kevchadders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down