The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWC2011 quater final: Wales v Ireland

+50
Glas a du
slartibartfast
hawalsh
Gatts
gelodge
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Comfort
dublin_dave
D24tress
GunsGerms
Higher_Ground
caoimhincentre
BlueNote
RubyGuby
The Great Aukster
radelven
TycroesOsprey
tecphobe
Sin é
majesticimperialman
GavinDragon
youngguns6
mystiroakey
BlueMuff
lauriehow
ME-109
John Cregan
Artful_Dodger
Knowsit17
samuraidragon
Feckless Rogue
Bullsbok
Rollmeister
Taffineastbourne
mrsuperclear
Biltong
Nos na Gaoithe
maestegmafia
Thomond
mckay1402
MBTGOG
rodders
wales606
Cari
Cymroglan
jammoboss
Shifty
Standulstermen
bedfordwelsh
dogtooth
54 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Wales or Ireland

RWC2011 quater final: Wales v Ireland Vote_lcap42%RWC2011 quater final: Wales v Ireland Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 47 ]
RWC2011 quater final: Wales v Ireland Vote_lcap58%RWC2011 quater final: Wales v Ireland Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 66 ]

Total Votes : 113

RWC2011 quater final: Wales v Ireland Empty RWC2011 quater final: Wales v Ireland

Post by dogtooth Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:59 pm

let the speculation begin.

and a poll. feel free to change your mind as the week goes on.

this is going to be wales' biggest game for a long time, well since the samoa game. it is too close for comfort. either team can win.

my welsh xxii
geth, bennett, adam
awj,chartris
lydiate (fingers crossed he's fit if not ryan) warbs,faletau
phillips,jones
shane, roberts,williams,north
byrne
burnes, james, brad, ryan (but if he starts instead of lyds powell on bench), williams, hook (if fit, if not priestland), 1/2p

Last edited by dogtooth on Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:22 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : condensed the post to make it less obtrusive at the head of each page)
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

RWC2011 quater final: Wales v Ireland Empty Re: RWC2011 quater final: Wales v Ireland

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:02 pm

dog,

Priestland deserves to start and certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped from the 22, he was chucked in at the deep end against England in the warm ups and has gone from strength to strength. He had 100% kicking today and tackled well, linked well and tried different things.

Also I think JD will start
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

RWC2011 quater final: Wales v Ireland Empty Re: RWC2011 quater final: Wales v Ireland

Post by Standulstermen Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:02 pm

Irelands pack need an Oz performance. If they can replicate that i think they will win. It must be said though that the size of the welsh centres worries me. Either way i hope for a good game and congratulate the welsh for the rugby they have played so far. This will probably be replaced with spite later so i hope it is remembered.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:02 pm

A bruising narrow win for Ireland.
That's my predicition.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:06 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:dog,

Priestland deserves to start and certainly doesn't deserve to be dropped from the 22, he was chucked in at the deep end against England in the warm ups and has gone from strength to strength. He had 100% kicking today and tackled well, linked well and tried different things.

Also I think JD will start

wales have a really good squad of 30. several very talented and inform players will be left out. ive picked what i think is our best xxii. i am a fan of jd but this williams kids is looking very, very good. we cant leave out jim bob. hook on the bench? i would never have suggested that a few months ago.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:08 pm

poll update...........

2 votes and its 50:50. a fair representation of the odds.

it will be interesting to see if this ratio changes over the week.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:10 pm

15 Lee Bryne
14 George North
13 Jamie Roberts
12 Scott Williams
11 Leigh Halfpenny
10 Rhys Priestland
9 Mike Phillips
8 Toby Faletau
7 Sam Warburton
6 Dan Lydiate
5 Luke Charteris
4 Alun-Wyn Jones
3 Adam Jones
2 Huw Bennett
1 Gethin Jenkins

16 Paul James
17 Ken Owens
18 Bradley Davies
19 Ryan Jones
20 Lloyd Williams
21 James Hook
22 Shane Williams
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:11 pm

dog,

Take the fact that Gatland thinks he has to get Hook in the side out of the equation there is also chance he might not make bench.

I would start Priestland - So:

Theres case for Jones on the bench to cover 10 and Priestland moving to XV.

Then you could have Sc Williams there as well to cover wing and centre with Roberts being emergency XV if needed.

Or Halfpenny to cover wing and XV with North being an emergency centre if required.

Don't get me wrong I expect to see Hook involved but not in starting XV.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:14 pm

Started similar thread at same time so heres what I wrote (not know how to merge threads lol).

First off congratulations to both sides for making the quarters, some said we (Wales) wouldn't get out of our group whilst after their warm up rin most thought Ireland wouldn't either, certainly not as group winners.

Now then, I honestly don't know which way this game will go, the ITV pundits predicted an Ireland win due to the greater experience and I can't argue with that fact, if Gatlans picks the team I hope he will, which in all honesty would be be pretty much the starting XV that came close to beating the Boks in game 1.

Front Row - I think we have the edge in the front row with Geth and Adam both back and whilst I have been one of Bennetts biggest critics he has played very well and always been known as a strong scrummager.

2nd - Ireland have it here just for the sheer experience that POC and DOC have and the games they have played together, Charterris as been in fine form for us and AWJ is getting back to his best so I hope we at least hold our own.

Back Row - Ireland again have the experience in Ferris and Heaslip but if Lydiate is fit then I think this area will be a great battle, SOB and Warburton are most probably up there as players of the tournamnet so far and Faletau just gets better by each game.

Half backs - If we go with Phillips and Priestland against Murray and ROG then thats one each in terms of experience.

Centres & Back three - North and Roberts have been nothing short of immense for us and then we have Ickle if fit. BOD is the catalyst for so much Ireland do whilst Darcy had one of his best game today I though then you have Tommy Bowe.

These teams will know each other so much from the Magners/Pro12 and the 6 Nations.

As said don't know how it will go but I am going to go with my heart - Wales by 5 to meet a stuttering but still winning England in the Semi
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:14 pm

bedford

i would be happy to see priestland at 15. i still think we lost to england in 6n because gats went with hook instead of priestland at FB.

wales are in the unusual possition to have xxii players that would be suitable for the XV (unusual for wales that is)
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:14 pm

I'd go:

Jenkins
Bennett
Adam Jones
AWJ
Charters
Lydiate
Warburton
Faletau

Phillips
Priestland
Halfpenny
Roberts
JD2
North
Byrne

I may have the props and wings the wrong way round as I always forget which is which on a team sheet.

I think time is catching up with Shane a bit and Halfpenny for me offers a bit more in defense. It's a close call though.

I think Byrne looks like he's got his hunger back. For a time he looked disinterested, but he's started hitting the line at pace and with good angles like a few seasons ago. Plus he's our only out and out full back, and he's good under the high ball which O'Gara is likely to drop on us a lot.

Scott Williams could easily play 13 instead, another close call.

Gethin's additional round the field activity gets him in.

Phillips' slow service is a worry, but against Ireland I expect a war of attrition and he may be better for this. Horses for courses.

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:16 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Started similar thread at same time so heres what I wrote (not know how to merge threads lol).

ahh, sorry, just saw yours there. it looks like you pipped me to the post by a few minutes. im sure the mods will merge them anyway. lets see who gets the title is it boxing Wink Hug
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:20 pm

Dog,

I wouldn't move Priestland now if he plays then for me its at 10. He may be in-experienced but he's had a good run of games there now so don't mess him around.

I guess XV will be between Byrne and Hook and that may go some way to deciding the bench as well because with Byrne being and out n out XV if doesn't start then he won't make bench.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:23 pm

its all going so well. why put hook at fb. 1/2p woudl be a better bet but i would use priestland if byrne doesnt make it. jones at 10 is never a bad choice unles you are one of the anti jones jokers. you are arnet you Whistle

mrs tooth wants me to mow the lawn thumbsdown doesnt she know ive been watching rugby all night. yes, i think she does

dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:25 pm

As good as Lydiate is i think the only No.6 to match Ferris at the moment is Kaino (Juan Smith would be up there i imagine).

On sheer power Ireland have it in spades in the backrow. If Warburton is negated i really think Wales will struggle. Thats down to SOB but that is easier said than done. Breakdown will be king next week.

i would be delighted if Priestland started at 10. Not a criticism of the guy but i think Jones experience would be vital

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:27 pm

I didn't say I would put him there I would start with Byrne but I just feel that in Gatlands eyes its a straight choice between him and Byrne.

Not got problem with Jones there if we had to put him there but for me Priestland the No1 choice at the moment and deserves to keep his shirt.

Jones' experience of the bench could be vital
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by jammoboss Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:28 pm

AlynDavies wrote:A bruising narrow win for Ireland.
That's my predicition.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

As a Welshman you should be 100% behind your side and believe they can win any match on the day, especially on their recent form in the friendly’s and rwc matches, if you don’t you’re not a true welsh rugby fan.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

jammoboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:29 pm

Stand,

This is another of the keys areas as to be honest I would be far happier seeing ROG at 10 for you as opposed to Sexton because I think we could get some decent yardage out of Jenkis Faletau Roberts and North running down ROGs channel.

Thats said on the flip side if its a tight game then I could well hate the sight of O'gara by then end as he constantly kicks us to death in the corners.

bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:33 pm

bedford, because you've copied over your post from the other thread, I'm just going to split your team selection onto this one and then remove the article, hope that's okay OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:34 pm

jammoboss wrote:
AlynDavies wrote:A bruising narrow win for Ireland.
That's my predicition.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

As a Welshman you should be 100% behind your side and believe they can win any match on the day, especially on their recent form in the friendly’s and rwc matches, if you don’t you’re not a true welsh rugby fan.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

that's a bit unfair. I'm a welsh fan and whilst I hope with all my heart that we can win, and believe we are capable of it. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ireland manage to win a v close encounter. I think it's called being realistic OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:36 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Stand,

This is another of the keys areas as to be honest I would be far happier seeing ROG at 10 for you as opposed to Sexton because I think we could get some decent yardage out of Jenkis Faletau Roberts and North running down ROGs channel.

Thats said on the flip side if its a tight game then I could well hate the sight of O'gara by then end as he constantly kicks us to death in the corners.

100% agree bedford.I would go for ROG just. Its all looking good for a greta game

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:39 pm

I think Ireland are a good side and have no doubt they will match us in the forward play but I believe our backs will have too much power for them.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:41 pm

It's going to be blydi close whoever wins.

As an aside, I've done my part in the Welsh Resistance Movement by offering to wear out Tommy Bowe by next weekend....not sure if the WRU will cover the travelling expenses, but it's worth a go. Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:43 pm

1. Gethin Jenkins (because of his workrate, he also covers 10 and 12/13)

2. Huw Bennett (most improved player in the history of rugby)

3. Adam Jones

4. Alun Wyn Jones

5. Luke Charteris (really coming into his own, Davies has been
disappointing)

6. Dan Lydiate (in reply to an above poster, he has shown more than Ferris this WC. If injured, Ryan is excellent cover and playerd well today)

7. Sam Warburton (c)

8. Toby Faletau

9. Mike Phillips (back to his best)

10. Rhys Preistland (anyone wanting to drop him needs their head examining)

11. George North (unstoppable)

12. Jamie Roberts (unstoppable)

13. Jonathon Davies (50/50 call, his extra experience wins it)

14. Leigh Halfpenny (higher workrate and better defense than Shane, Shane is a bit off the pace atm)

15. Lee Byrne (not really any other options, Hook is worse and Halfpenny is not as reliable under the high ball + Byrne no longer kicks everything)

16. Paul James (excellent impact sub covers 1 + 3)
17. Lloyd Burns (dont really want to see him off the bench tbh)
18. Ryan Jones
19. Andy Powell
20. Lloyd Williams
21. James Hook
22. Shane Williams

The only problem is potential injures,

anyone know how

Gethin Jenkins!
Dan Lydiate!
James Hook
Shane Williams
Huw Bennett!
Bradley Davies
Jamie Roberts!

are?

Last edited by wales606 on Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:44 pm

Cari I will cover the expenses and will even go as far as paying the 5p for the carrier bag to go over his head we cant be having you doing that for our country and be expected to look at him at the same time.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:49 pm

Wales are in superb form and this will come down to who performs best on the day.

I'm going with Ireland obviously, because I think we have the greater experience and players in the side who won't be rattled by what Wales throw at them. Ireland have also shown themselves able to close out the close games whereas Wales just showed a lack of composure at times against the boks and also against Samoa.

I think it will be a very close game with two sides with fantastic defences and strong set pieces and it will come down to who takes their chances.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:49 pm

Cymroglan wrote:Cari I will cover the expenses and will even go as far as paying the 5p for the carrier bag to go over his head we cant be having you doing that for our country and be expected to look at him at the same time.

No really, Cymro I insist on doing it properly. I shall bravely face the enemy who needs wearing down...he'll be so knackered, he'll barely be able to get off the team bus. Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:51 pm

wales606: Geth Jenks is fine isn't he? didn't notice him pick anytihng in this match?

Bennet - dunno, guess they took him off early as a precaution, didn't look to have reinjured his hip.

Lydiate - was starting jogging etc this week, so figners crossed he'll be okay for the QF

Hooky - not got a clue

Shane - should be fine, could have played today but they decided not to risk him

Bradely - not sure, but I really hope he doesn't have concussion, if so he won't be able to play.

The Doc - a bit worried about this, am hoping it was just a stinger and that he'll be fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:53 pm

I heard James Hook was coming back but to be honest, I wouldn't worry too much if he doesn't. I'd rather he fully recovered than play.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:54 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:wales606: Geth Jenks is fine isn't he? didn't notice him pick anytihng in this match?

Bennet - dunno, guess they took him off early as a precaution, didn't look to have reinjured his hip.

Lydiate - was starting jogging etc this week, so figners crossed he'll be okay for the QF

Hooky - not got a clue

Shane - should be fine, could have played today but they decided not to risk him

Bradely - not sure, but I really hope he doesn't have concussion, if so he won't be able to play.

The Doc - a bit worried about this, am hoping it was just a stinger and that he'll be fine.

Bennett "limped off"

Gethin was replaced by Adam Jones (who had already been replaced) so must have been injured, commentators said it looked like a leg/FOOT! problem. it wasnt mentioned on his interview on BBC sport though.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:56 pm

what really? I missed that completely with Geth!! Will re-watch the match later and see but they made no mention of it on S4C.

Not sure about Bennett, he'll be fine though I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:56 pm

Hopefully they were just precautionary subs to stop them incurring serious injuries.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:13 pm

jammoboss wrote:
Shocked Shocked Shocked

Shocked Shocked Shocked
I'm taking passion out of it and making an honest assessment.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:40 pm

Cari wrote:
Cymroglan wrote:Cari I will cover the expenses and will even go as far as paying the 5p for the carrier bag to go over his head we cant be having you doing that for our country and be expected to look at him at the same time.

No really, Cymro I insist on doing it properly. I shall bravely face the enemy who needs wearing down...he'll be so knackered, he'll barely be able to get off the team bus. Very Happy

she'll still need the bag for all the condoms

Doh i cant belive i got sucked into this exchange
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:56 pm

dogtooth wrote:poll update...........

2 votes and its 50:50. a fair representation of the odds.

it will be interesting to see if this ratio changes over the week.

Interesting how it's looking now!

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:15 pm

I expect this to be a bit like the 2005 grandslam game. Tight all the way through but a couple of mistakes or a great bit of play will win it. I think Wales will come through it by a couple of tries. I also think they have the potential to win a semi...
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:21 pm

A tight game that could really swing either way,if Ireland play like they did for the first 10 minutes of the second half today and for the duration of the OZ game they will win,lineout and scrum are key to Ireland winning. Best may be out of the tournament though so Cronin has to step up.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:32 pm

mckay1402 wrote:I expect this to be a bit like the 2005 grandslam game. Tight all the way through but a couple of mistakes or a great bit of play will win it. I think Wales will come through it by a couple of tries. I also think they have the potential to win a semi...

Agree.

Wales and Ireland have had some monumentous encounters over the last six years and they have been a pleasure to watch.

They are both evenly matched teams and will surely be worthy of the occasion.

Wales certainly have the talent and skill to beat Ireland well, but I worry at the doggedness of the Irish resilience. Sure to be a classic encounter with Wales worthy winners.

I can't wait...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nos na Gaoithe Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:44 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Wales certainly have the talent and skill to beat Ireland well, but I worry at the doggedness of the Irish resilience.

Far too much soppy agreement on here. Time to focus on the disagreements.

For one, there seems to be an attitude amongst Welsh supporters that this game is a 50-50 with Wales having all the skill and Ireland just hoping to spoil.

Sorry but talent and skill isn't all about youth, speed and throwing the ball around. And it certainly ain't gonna be all in red next week. Ireland have years of focussed and developed talent. We have learned to contain running teams with a back-line defence that is little short of phenomenal. We have explosive power and acceleration in a number areas of the pitch (not just the usual one or two). A scrum that is getting stronger by the week. And we have players all over the pitch that can be game-winners and have done it for close to a decade. (Including 10 of the last 13 games since 2000 - and we all know what happened in the last one that Wales technically won!)

boxing

Nos na Gaoithe

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:47 pm

there should be another option for this poll. Don't know.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:52 pm

mrsuperclear = sin é version 2.0.

Interesting stat for you all to ponder, Ireland didn't concede a single point in the second half against either Australia or Italy, and didn't concede a try against either at all. In fact, we kept them both to only six points. Les Kiss has got our defence sorted by the looks of things and if we can keep the Aussies tryless, we can damn well keep the Welsh tryless.

That said, it aint going to be easy, and I will be very nervous if Cronin has to step into Bests shoes and even more nervous if Varley has to come on. I imagine it will be a close enough game but I'd expect us to shade it tbh. If we are to lose though, I'd like to lose to a Welsh team on fire. Bring your A game Welshies and may the best team ( Leprechaun ) win Hug

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:56 pm

Think that we will win fairly comfortably.One team is on the rise whilst the other is in decline.Wales by 12 points.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:00 pm

Ireland have scored 12 tries conceded 3
Wales have scored 23 tries conceded 4

Don't think it's that easy to stop us from scoring.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:02 pm

Without excusing those tries, two were against Russia with our second team, and one was against the US and was an intercept at the end.

I wouldn't say it'll be easy to stop Wales scoring, but keeping Australia tryless wasn't easy either, and we did it.

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:05 pm

Nos na Gaoithe wrote:Far too much soppy agreement on here. Time to focus on the disagreements.
Don't worry someone will slip up sooner or later, probably Miaow or GreyGhost then we will a real bítch fight going on, on this forum. laughing
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:06 pm

mrsuperclear wrote:Without excusing those tries, two were against Russia with our second team, and one was against the US and was an intercept at the end.

I wouldn't say it'll be easy to stop Wales scoring, but keeping Australia tryless wasn't easy either, and we did it.

But that was more to do with stopping the Aus forwards, not their backs. Ireland will have a harder task vs Warburton et al.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Nos na Gaoithe Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:07 pm

Cymroglan wrote:Ireland have scored 12 tries conceded 3

Well we stopped your 15 the last time... but we didn't count on ye bringing the ballboy! Wink

Nos na Gaoithe

Back to top Go down

Post by Rollmeister Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:08 pm

Nos na Gaoithe wrote:
Cymroglan wrote:Ireland have scored 12 tries conceded 3

Well we stopped your 15 the last time... but we didn't count on ye bringing the ballboy! Wink

And we're not afraid to do it again! angel
Rollmeister
Rollmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:09 pm

I don't think it's thaty hard to stop Wales scoring. Nullify their centres and their limited enough. 12 of their tries came against Namibia. I expected Fiji to lose by about 20-30 points and Wales margin of victory was pretty great but if you take out those two games,they only scored two. 9 against Fiji is pretty great though regardless of how awful they played,you can only beat what's in front of you.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsuperclear Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:14 pm

wales606 wrote:
mrsuperclear wrote:Without excusing those tries, two were against Russia with our second team, and one was against the US and was an intercept at the end.

But that was more to do with stopping the Aus forwards, not their backs. Ireland will have a harder task vs Warburton et al.

I'd disagree that it was just Australia's forwards who we negated, but we did reduce Genia and Cooper's game influence quite a bit so fair enough. I have no doubt whatsoever that the Welsh forwards will be a step up from what we've faced so far. Warburton really looks the business and Wales, for the first time in a long time, finally look like they not only have a competent backrow, but a very good one. The rest of your forwards aren't too shabby either. It'll be a huge challenge but i'd still back our defence against ye. And, just for the craic, I'll give ya more stats! I know you're an improved team but in 2009 we didn't concede a try against ye, same in 2010 and in 2011 your try was, let's say, a bit dodgy.

mrsuperclear

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next