The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

referees for the quarters confirmed.

+6
dubh_linn
lostinwales
doctornickolas
Biltong
TheGreyGhost
blackcanelion
10 posters

Go down

referees for the quarters confirmed. Empty referees for the quarters confirmed.

Post by blackcanelion Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:29 am

NZ v Arg = Owens (assistants: Kaplan & Clancy)
SA v Aus = Lawrence (assistants: Pearson & Poite)
Fra v Eng = Walsh (assistants: Rolland & Clancy)
Wal v Ire = Joubert (assistants: Barnes & Poite)

OBrien's comments where:

“Our focus has been firmly on consistency, penalising the clear and obvious and tackling the ‘big five’ areas. The extensive performance review of all 40 matches included coach, match official and performance reviewer feedback and we are very happy with the way that the group has worked together to collectively achieve the goals set.”

“Accuracy in decision making is our top priority. We will continue to work as a unit to achieve the high standards that have collectively been set and maintain a zero-tolerance attitude towards infringements across the key areas of the Game. In that regard, I would also like to thank the coaches for their buy-in to the process during this Tournament.”

Here's a link: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/5725596/Ref-Wayne-Barnes-misses-out-on-quarterfinal

Any thoughts:

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

referees for the quarters confirmed. Empty Re: referees for the quarters confirmed.

Post by TheGreyGhost Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:32 am

Interesting that Owens is seen to be the only NH referee up to standard. I guess the IRB standing behind their man, so to speak.

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

referees for the quarters confirmed. Empty Re: referees for the quarters confirmed.

Post by Biltong Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:36 am

I would think having neutral referees limits who can officiate which matches ghost.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by blackcanelion Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:44 am

I'm wondering if the assistant refs are eligible to ref the semis, final and 3/4 playoffs.

Anyway, I'm sure all the english fans will be happy to see Steve Walsh is the ref for their game against France. furious

blackcanelion

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:44 am

Just glad that Barnes or Rolland are not reffing the Wales game.

Barnes is a linesman though so I am sure he will try his best to screw us over where he can.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:01 am

Shame I was looking forward to Oz/SA....

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by dubh_linn Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:24 am

Would have thought rolland was yhe obvious candidate for eng v fra being one of the few french speaking refs....my sympayhies to all english and french fans who will have to endure walsh....hope he doesnt c0ck it up!

dubh_linn

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:31 am

Ghosty you must be celebrating-your mate's been demoted to touchy.

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by TheGreyGhost Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:37 am

I actually thought he was having a decent world cup to be honest. Still not a lot of pressure on him yet. He generally chokes in the quaterfinals from memory. Whistle

TheGreyGhost

Back to top Go down

Post by greybeard Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:38 am

doctornickolas wrote:Just glad that Barnes or Rolland are not reffing the Wales game.

Barnes is a linesman though so I am sure he will try his best to screw us over where he can.

Rolland would never have been selected for a match involving Ireland.

greybeard

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:40 am

TheGreyGhost wrote:I actually thought he was having a decent world cup to be honest. Still not a lot of pressure on him yet. He generally chokes in the quaterfinals from memory. Whistle

Dont worry he can still call forward passes as a touch judge. If he misses one itll no doubt be down to a bout of food poisoning.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:44 am

I really really hope Owens doesn't get to ref the final, because it might mean we will be playing in it.

If we don't make it I reckon he will be the ref.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down