The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland team to play Wales - Discussion Thread

+21
WillyGilly
rapidsnowman
Glas a du
bedfordwelsh
mystiroakey
HERSH
George Carlin
Feckless Rogue
maestegmafia
Sin é
Ferris+O'Brien+Heaslip
Nos na Gaoithe
brennomac
Mickado
pete (buachaill on eirne)
D24tress
Rava
RubyGuby
ME-109
rodders
BlueMuff
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ireland team to play Wales - Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Ireland team to play Wales - Discussion Thread

Post by BlueMuff Mon 03 Oct 2011, 7:52 pm

First topic message reminder :

]IN DECCIE WE TRUST

IRELAND IRELAND IRELAND -repeat

BELEIVE

]C'MON IRELAND[

Ireland: R Kearney (Leinster); T Bowe (Ospreys), B O'Driscoll (Leinster, capt), G D'Arcy (Leinster), K Earls (Munster); R O'Gara (Munster), C Murray (Munster); C Healy (Leinster), R Best (Ulster) or S Cronin (Leinster), M Ross (Leinster), D O'Callaghan (Munster), P O'Connell (Munster), S Ferris (Ulster), S O'Brien (Leinster), J Heaslip (Leinster). Replacements: S Cronin (Leinster) or D Varley (Munster), T Court (Ulster), D Ryan (Munster), D Leamy (Munster), E Reddan (Leinster), J Sexton (Leinster), A Trimble (Ulster).

Last edited by BlueMuff on Wed 05 Oct 2011, 11:04 am; edited 3 times in total

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Ireland team to play Wales - Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Ireland team to play Wales - Discussion Thread

Post by mystiroakey Tue 04 Oct 2011, 9:15 pm

i got irelkand at 50 pts on betfair

and england at 19

Smile

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Ireland team to play Wales - Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Ireland team to play Wales - Discussion Thread

Post by Glas a du Wed 05 Oct 2011, 6:50 am

Do the bookies now Jennings will start?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 05 Oct 2011, 8:48 am

Glas a du wrote:Do the bookies now Jennings will start?

You must be gutted that he's not been picked? You and Gibbo should start a support group...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 05 Oct 2011, 8:49 am

I'm over the moon, couldn't be happier!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 05 Oct 2011, 8:50 am

Who should we replace with him? O’Brien?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 05 Oct 2011, 8:53 am

No, move OBrien to 8.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 05 Oct 2011, 8:54 am

Yahoo Academic now anyway
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Wed 05 Oct 2011, 8:58 am

Drop Heaslip?

I think the 3 of them have been doing ok so far. If it’s not broke don’t fix it.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 05 Oct 2011, 9:12 am

No changes to the team or replacements subject to condition of Rory Best.

Happy with that. Bring on the Wales

I've given up on touting Trimble for a place as he will never oust Earls while we are performing as well as we are, and as well as he is, though Trimble does make him look good at times Wink
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by rapidsnowman Wed 05 Oct 2011, 9:13 am

Team announced.

Best included.

Ireland: R Kearney (Leinster); T Bowe (Ospreys), B O'Driscoll (Leinster, capt), G D'Arcy (Leinster), K Earls (Munster); R O'Gara (Munster), C Murray (Munster); C Healy (Leinster), R Best (Ulster) or S Cronin (Leinster), M Ross (Leinster), D O'Callaghan (Munster), P O'Connell (Munster), S Ferris (Ulster), S O'Brien (Leinster), J Heaslip (Leinster). Replacements: S Cronin (Leinster) or D Varley (Munster), T Court (Ulster), D Ryan (Munster), D Leamy (Munster), E Reddan (Leinster), J Sexton (Leinster), A Trimble (Ulster).

rapidsnowman

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 05 Oct 2011, 9:24 am

OK Looking good Rapidsnowman. I hope we don't risk Best though unless he's 100%.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 05 Oct 2011, 9:30 am

Both sets of fans are confident as are the respective teams, no need for anyone to take offence, we differ on the merits of each others players and that's life. Its good to differ. It's usually better if you can back it up with a reasoned argument but hey ho let's bring it on - Good luck to all thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Wed 05 Oct 2011, 10:06 am

Let's hope they have Best in an oxygen tent with a powerade drip as I have little confidence in Cronin's ability to catch a ball let alone scrumaging and lineouts.

What a year young Mr Murray has had.

Sexton is a big call but when we can't rely on his boot, I'm with Deccie and ROG.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Wed 05 Oct 2011, 10:10 am

Deccie on Best.

Head coach Declan Kidney commented: "We have to put a team in 48 hours before kick-off. The decision (on Rory) could go right to the end, we'll make it when we have to make it.

"I wouldn't want to tempt fate by rating his chances, but he's not ruled out which is always the first sign.

"He had a good day yesterday which everyone was very positive about. He's making great progress and we're taking it one day at a time."

Certainly more positive than I was expecting.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by caoimhincentre Wed 05 Oct 2011, 10:23 am

Nice pic in the Irish Times today of Best taking the ball into contact at training yesterday.

Encouraging????

What a boost it would be if he played

caoimhincentre

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 05 Oct 2011, 10:51 am

And what a difference a year makes. Most posters here and on the old 606 wouldn't have had him near the team if they had a choice.

Crucial player for us and has been for some time.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Wed 05 Oct 2011, 10:55 am

caoimhincentre wrote:Nice pic in the Irish Times today of Best taking the ball into contact at training yesterday.

Encouraging????

The most worrying part of this pic is buckley running around without a tackle bag
he could injure someone

Last edited by D24tress on Wed 05 Oct 2011, 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i can't spell)

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 05 Oct 2011, 11:01 am

D24tress wrote:
caoimhincentre wrote:Nice pic in the Irish Times today of Best taking the ball into contact at training yesterday.

Encouraging????

The most worrying part of this pic is buckley running around without a tackle bag
he could injure someone

laughing laughing laughing
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 05 Oct 2011, 11:05 am

Maybe Buckley is going to start as Hooker....could be interesting.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Wed 05 Oct 2011, 11:07 am

Photoshopped. Thats actually Best's head on O'Callaghans body. Check out the tanned thighs.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Wed 05 Oct 2011, 11:25 am

Be really great news if Best played. He has really been superb so far this WC and his throwing which has been dodgy in the past is spot on.

Cant wait for Sat now

COME ON IRELAND

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by D24tress Wed 05 Oct 2011, 11:36 am

Did anyone see the pic of gert smal in the metro

he is lifting in the lineout, he is putting as much effort into it as a normal person does to lift a cup of tea

beast of a man

D24tress

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Wed 05 Oct 2011, 11:48 am

D24tress wrote:Did anyone see the pic of gert smal in the metro

he is lifting in the lineout, he is putting as much effort into it as a normal person does to lift a cup of tea

beast of a man

Yeah I saw it, looks like he hardly realises what he's doing! I imagine he could send Jennings into orbit if he put his mind to it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 05 Oct 2011, 2:42 pm

Sin é wrote:Few quotes from DOC! You have to hand it to him Very Happy

“When you’re in the team bus and all you pass is green, then when you arrive at the stadium....it’s like the Aviva Stadium on crack!

Read more: http://www.examiner.ie/breakingnews/sport/ireland-lifted-by-travelling-green-army-523100.html#ixzz1ZpGQsUnw

Many of the Irish and Welsh players struck up friendships during the Lions tours of 2005 and 2009 that endure to this day.

“There’s good rivalry between us. We know each other so well, as opponents and team-mates with the Lions,” said O’Callaghan, who travelled to New Zealand and South Africa with the Lions.

“I really enjoy their company and on a Lions tour if you were lucky enough to be at a Welsh table you were spoilt because it was always good fun.

“Every one of the Welsh lads we hung around with were an incredible crack, incredible fun.

I roomed with Andy Powell which was an experience, especially when my wife stayed over one night!

“But he was good enough to bring her back a McDonalds, so he was a good team-mate!”

Referring to Ireland winger Tommy Bowe, who joined Welsh region the Ospreys in 2008, O’Callaghan added: “There’s bit of a bond between the Welsh and Irish.

“No one else would have accepted an eejit like Tommy Bowe, so fair play to the Welsh lads for taking him off our hands!”

Read more: http://www.examiner.ie/breakingnews/sport/ireland-lifted-by-travelling-green-army-523100.html#ixzz1ZpFzH0BC

Laugh That's brilliant Sin. Love Donnacha. He's just a tonic as well as controlled looney on the field.

No negatives coming from me on this 22. Bench maybe... but it can do the job. Happy with ROG at 10 and Murray at 9. Murray is proving everything ye Munster boys said he had. At last! A 9 with vision, a great pass(needs to work on it more from the base), strength, no lack of attitude and is a major threat on the fringes. He's got the lot that boy.

Hope Rory makes it and delighted he is even being considered. He should be ok for the SF so....
POC, ROG and BOD, will leave nothing behind on the field on Saturday. That gives me more hope than anything. Our 3 main and vastly experienced Leaders starting. That's where we have a major edge on this Welsh side. When and if the chips are down... they kick in.

BELIEVE.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 05 Oct 2011, 3:38 pm

Yeah but no Jennings, not even on the bench.

(shhh! Yahoo)
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Thu 06 Oct 2011, 8:27 am

Ireland have confirmed Rory Best in the starting lineup for Saturday. This meets the tournament requirement that squads are confirmed two days before a match.

The report says he could still be withdrawn if he fails to recover sufficiently however it would seem unlikely they would go into this game with effectively one hooker. That would be suicide.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 06 Oct 2011, 8:31 am

Rava wrote:Ireland have confirmed Rory Best in the starting lineup for Saturday. This meets the tournament requirement that squads are confirmed two days before a match.

The report says he could still be withdrawn if he fails to recover sufficiently however it would seem unlikely they would go into this game with effectively one hooker. That would be suicide.

That's fantastic news. Fanbloodytastic. OK

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 06 Oct 2011, 8:45 am

DERE 'MLAEN CYMRU!!! Ireland team to play Wales - Discussion Thread - Page 2 1606482304

Ireland team to play Wales - Discussion Thread - Page 2 2115032417

Last edited by Cari on Thu 06 Oct 2011, 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by WillyGilly Thu 06 Oct 2011, 9:42 am

With respect Cari Pays de Galles sont à la baisse...

de boomtown. Oui?

Excellent news on Best.
WillyGilly
WillyGilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 06 Oct 2011, 10:05 am

Willy - y'wot? Ireland team to play Wales - Discussion Thread - Page 2 57983

I didn't do any French in school....

Oh yeah, good for Best. Ireland team to play Wales - Discussion Thread - Page 2 3610695981

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 06 Oct 2011, 10:15 am

Cari - this must be terrible for you.

Will you pledge allegiance to your country or to your future husband Mr T. Bowe Esquire?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 06 Oct 2011, 10:20 am

George - My country always comes first - afterall that's what us women think about when we lie back...Wink It'll be the 2009 Grand Slam decider all over again for me....if the result is the same, I'll be sad for about a day, then get right behind TB and the Irish lads Smile

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Thu 06 Oct 2011, 2:51 pm

Cari wrote:DERE 'MLAEN CYMRU!!! Ireland team to play Wales - Discussion Thread - Page 2 1606482304

Ireland team to play Wales - Discussion Thread - Page 2 2115032417

vomit Wales kiss

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 06 Oct 2011, 3:18 pm

POINT OF INTEREST....

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/rugby/2011/1006/1224305341861.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 06 Oct 2011, 3:19 pm

Just of interest, has anyone read the story about Branwen who married the Last King of Ireland...?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Branwen

Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Thu 06 Oct 2011, 3:57 pm

Cari,

In the ensuing war, all the Irish are killed save for five pregnant women who repopulate the island

Jaysus that was some war! And really a stroke of luck that the only survivors were pregnant women. But that would mean we're all inbred. Is that why I have a slightly unsymmetrical face?
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 06 Oct 2011, 5:42 pm

Don't you just love a bit of Celtic mythology Feckless? Very Happy

Still, it doesn't bode well for my impending courtship of Tommy Bowe... Erm

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by andy powells minder Thu 06 Oct 2011, 5:45 pm

Oh no the only reason I've been sleeping all week is safe in the knowledge that you were doing the business with Tommy, Cari, if the courtship is only pending, does this mean that hes not completely and utterly shagged out yet?

Sad

andy powells minder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 06 Oct 2011, 5:49 pm

APM - The WRU wouldn't pay my travelling expenses. raspberry

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by andy powells minder Thu 06 Oct 2011, 5:50 pm

Cari wrote:APM - The WRU wouldn't pay my travelling expenses. raspberry

the tight, useless feckers steam

andy powells minder

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri 07 Oct 2011, 8:19 am

I had a dream last night where I was talking to BOD. I can't remember exactly what was said - he probably told me the score but you know how it is with dreams, you lose important information when you wake up. Anyway, the last time I was visited by BOD in a dream, Leinster won the Heino. Shocked

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by andy powells minder Fri 07 Oct 2011, 10:03 am

Ca, you sure it wasnt GOD i.e george?
Very Happy

andy powells minder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2