The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Bobby Roode Win The Title at BFG?

+8
theundisputedY2D2
paulscholes
Marky
MtotheC
Aaronb33
Kay Fabe
Brady12
JoshSansom
12 posters

Go down

Will Bobby Roode Win at BFG?

Will Bobby Roode Win The Title at BFG? Vote_lcap56%Will Bobby Roode Win The Title at BFG? Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 15 ]
Will Bobby Roode Win The Title at BFG? Vote_lcap7%Will Bobby Roode Win The Title at BFG? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
Will Bobby Roode Win The Title at BFG? Vote_lcap30%Will Bobby Roode Win The Title at BFG? Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 8 ]
Will Bobby Roode Win The Title at BFG? Vote_lcap7%Will Bobby Roode Win The Title at BFG? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 27

Will Bobby Roode Win The Title at BFG? Empty Will Bobby Roode Win The Title at BFG?

Post by JoshSansom Mon 3 Oct - 23:29

Quite simply, vote and include any reasons why or why not.

My reason for asking is that it seems clear that he is being seen as the next Champion, the interviews with family, victory over AJ etc, being told that he's ready... I just get the feeling that Russo doesn't like things that clean cut and obvious and therefore there could be a curveball coming with Angle getting a screwy victory or someone turning on Bobby. A chance or reading too much into it?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Will Bobby Roode Win The Title at BFG? Empty Re: Will Bobby Roode Win The Title at BFG?

Post by Brady12 Tue 4 Oct - 0:00

I'm not an avid follower of TNA but from what i've heard & read the product has improved over the past month...

I caught Styles vs Roode & liked the match Styles was great putting Roode over.

This is TNA's big chance to finally make a star rather than rely on the so called 'star power' of guys from the 90's. I voted 'Yes - Clean' because its the right logical way to move forward. This is Vince Russo though so I wouldn't be putting any money on it

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Will Bobby Roode Win The Title at BFG? Empty Re: Will Bobby Roode Win The Title at BFG?

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 4 Oct - 0:09

It's got a very Shawn Michaels-esqu boyhood dream feel to it, I agree it seems to obvious but I just don't think TNA would throw away four months of BFG series booking for a 2 minute shock, that being said if Angle is going to take time off to train for the Olympics (I've not got a clue if or when that would be) then they might attempt a double turn with Bischoff inexplicably helping Roode, I hope not though, I hope they go 25 minutes and Roode wins it honestly and on his own

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Tue 4 Oct - 0:47

I really hope they get half an hour to put Bobby over, we all know Kurt's a machine, but I really hope he isn't selfish and lets Bobby take the lead on this one.

If Russo pulls something ridiculous, I swear, I'd boycott all Russo/Bischoff/Hervey products.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Tue 4 Oct - 9:10

I can't really see any other logical result than bobby winning the world tittle at BFG how ever this is tna and logic does not always prevail. However with build up this match has had i do think a clean win For Roode is the most likely outcome.

On another slightly off topic point, I find the tna bashing that goes on slightly puzzling, yes tna dont always get it right but do the wwe? At least tna is offering something different to the other company, at least they are putting on a pro wrestling show that is watchable and entertaining with some really great talent. Let's remember that tna is only 8 or so years old and is always gonna make mistakes as it endeavours to compete with the money making machine that is wwe. I am by no means a tna mark but just feel that it doesnt get a fair crack of the wip some times on this board.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 4 Oct - 10:23

TNA might only be 9 years old but it's the same guys running it that where highly influencial in the 80s & 90s, it's not like it's ran by novices

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 4 Oct - 10:28

I reckon he'll be screwed out of the title at BFG but win it in a rematch, I know BFG is TNA's Wrestlemania, but it almost seems too predictable for Roode to win the title there, so I think he'll do it the PPV after. Or knowing TNA, the Impact after BFG.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 4 Oct - 12:18

I hope he wins it, best talent there

Back to top Go down

Post by paulscholes Tue 4 Oct - 19:07

can't see anything other then a Roode win, but i think he might get help from James Storm

paulscholes

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 4 Oct - 21:11

The last thing Roode needs is help, it just wont be credible IMO

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 4 Oct - 21:16

I voted for Roode winning clean because (God help me!) I'm actually backing TNA to do the right thing here.

He's been built up as a credible challenger tremendously and anything other than a clean win for Bobby Roode will be a complete and utter waste. If they're given time and no outside shenanigans then I reckon Roode & Angle could put on a minor classic.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 4 Oct - 21:23

Yeah I agree, while I'm not saying every dirty title change isn't credible I really think a screwy finish to a four month long title tournament would be absolutely idiotic, the title change is kinda predictable but so is every Undertaker match at WrestleMania and he's had possibly the match of the night at the last five, predictable isn't something TNA need to worry about

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 4 Oct - 21:38

Like you say gaffer there's no harm in predictable. Everybody knew Shawn Michaels would win at Wrestlemania 12 (although I started screaming like a girl when Bret Hart got him in the Sharpshooter with 30 seconds to go! Very Happy ) but it wouldn't have ruined anybody's enjoyment, apart from Bret Hart fans of course!

Whether or not Bobby Roode winning the title at BFG ushers in a new era in TNA, who knows? But at least give the guy a fighting chance by having him beat the top guy, who just so happens to be one of the best EVER, clean.

There would be no better springboard for Bobby Roode than that.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Wed 5 Oct - 16:48

Aaronb33 wrote:I really hope they get half an hour to put Bobby over, we all know Kurt's a machine, but I really hope he isn't selfish and lets Bobby take the lead on this one.

If Russo pulls something ridiculous, I swear, I'd boycott all Russo/Bischoff/Hervey products.

Aaron Angle has willingly jobbed to younger guys in TNA and even fought with Russo(or whoever it was running the show at the time) to lose to Jay Lethal only for them to have Lethal lose clean in his next match which p****d Angle off

Hopefully Roode wins clean hes a great worker and was set for the main event a few years back but Beer Money took off and they went with it

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 5 Oct - 17:19

Whatever happens it will not be a clean win. Its Russo so we'll have a few run ins, then a brawl for no reason

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 5 Oct - 17:28

I dont think its particularly Roode is a 'shoe in' to win the title. The BFG series is effectively a version of the Royal Rumble, it determines a number one contender to the world title. How many Rumble winners have gone on to Mania and lost?

That being said, the BFG series is fresh off the blocks, so it would be unlikely they'd have the first winner fail.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 5 Oct - 17:54

I wouldn't liken it to the Rumble, I can see where you're coming from but the BFG series was over four months, four months of careful planning, for Roode anyway, it would feel like a letdown if Roode didn't prevail, also, like you highlight, its fresh, if they did it every year they couldn't have the winner go on and win the title all the time however for the first time I think it is vital for the challenger to go over, like I said it has a very Shawn Michaels boyhood dream to it.

You didn't think Roode would get near it though did you, I remember you saying he had no chance of winning the series

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 5 Oct - 17:54

TNA and Careful planning in the same argument?

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 5 Oct - 17:57

With Roode, not with the rest, Joe should have been top four along with AJ and someone else

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu 6 Oct - 9:22

Really should have been Joe, Roode, AJ and Storm. Roode to make Samoa Joe tap and Storm to beat AJ to then set up the final between Beer Money. Roode would win and they would appear to be on the same page (and may through BFG as well) but then Storm would want his shot saying that his friend took it away from him and then they could have a great feud.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Thu 6 Oct - 9:23

the-gaffer wrote:I wouldn't liken it to the Rumble, I can see where you're coming from but the BFG series was over four months, four months of careful planning, for Roode anyway, it would feel like a letdown if Roode didn't prevail, also, like you highlight, its fresh, if they did it every year they couldn't have the winner go on and win the title all the time however for the first time I think it is vital for the challenger to go over, like I said it has a very Shawn Michaels boyhood dream to it.

You didn't think Roode would get near it though did you, I remember you saying he had no chance of winning the series

Absolutely. I just had no faith whatsoever in TNA to pull the trigger on Roode. I thought you'd been on the Tennants when you said he'd win it. Fair play though, shows how cloudy my judgement was!

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 6 Oct - 10:12

Gregers wrote:Whatever happens it will not be a clean win. Its Russo so we'll have a few run ins, then a brawl for no reason

Its not Russo its Hogan and Bischoff booking TNA these days Russo is on the creative team but he is not in charge

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 14 Oct - 22:12

Some great news for Robert Roode fans:

This is what Hogan had to say on him....

On Robert Roode: "Nah, he's not ready. He's not the next guy. Ya' know, they might think he is. Dixie Carter might think he is. The whole world might think he is. He's not the next guy. If I had to bet money on anybody and really be serious about betting money on anybody, I'd say Jeff Hardy is the next guy if he keeps his act together. Um, that's what you gotta to have, man. This is much more than being a wrestler, this is crossing barriers, medias, ya' know media barriers, and, and entertainment barriers of all kind. Getting your character down verbally has 90% to do with getting over. I just have a very strong feeling Kurt Angle's going to clean his clock performance wise, and carry the match, and basically remains the champion. He's training for the Olympics. He's had some up and down moments, and I think this is not gonna be a down moment for Kurt Angle, so I'm betting that farm on him."

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 15 Oct - 0:06

He was kayfabing Leak, thought you woulda known that, its the kinda thing you'd expect to here on Impact, he was talking up James Storm as well to build the possibility of a potential Beer Money split over jealousy

I think it becomes obvious he's kayfabing as soon as he said Roode isn't ready, absolutely no one, especially someone with his know how would legitimately say one half of their biggest PPV's World Title Main Event 'wasn't ready'

Definitely Kayfabe

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 15 Oct - 0:12

I don't watch TNA so wouldn't know about anything like that. Just noticed it on a news site

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 15 Oct - 0:19

Fair enough, just read it though, it's so in character it's unreal

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Oct - 0:26

the-gaffer wrote:Fair enough, just read it though, it's so in character it's unreal

It's interesting that Hogan said "Getting your character down verbally has 90% to do with getting over" though gaff. Is this not breaking the fourth wall so to speak?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 15 Oct - 0:31

Yeah slightly, he's talking to the presenter like its a behind the scenes interview only with his onscreen beliefs

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 15 Oct - 8:47

Hogan is pretty much always in character anyway. I didn't realise there was such thing as out of character for him.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down