The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where is my thread?

3 posters

Go down

Where is my thread? Empty Where is my thread?

Post by polished_man Tue 04 Oct 2011, 4:01 pm

Mr. Admin,

I understand the thread was chopped for some comments rather than for the OP which indeed offered a neutral view on a article taken from "The times".

As I believe this article is likely to spark interest in the tennis forum can I repost keeping the topic low tone?

Thanks

P_M

polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Where is my thread? Empty Re: Where is my thread?

Post by Guest Tue 04 Oct 2011, 4:18 pm

No
The op was borderline libellous and the posts that followed included homophobic comments.

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue 04 Oct 2011, 4:50 pm

Y I Man wrote:No
The op was borderline libellous and the posts that followed included homophobic comments.

If it was libellous, why did Nadal not sue the journalist? After all, he gave the interview, didn't he?
Where does political correctness end?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by mthierry Tue 04 Oct 2011, 4:59 pm

That was a risible, incendiary and to be honest a rather pointless thread, OP. What kind of "debate" or "discussion" were you hoping to provoke particularly when the thread would serve as nothing but another platform for character assasination by the odious Fed fanboys on here.

It was also borderline libellous with no grounds for the speculation other than a spurious link.

mthierry

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Oct 2011, 5:08 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

If it was libellous, why did Nadal not sue the journalist? After all, he gave the interview, didn't he?
How do you know he isn't? Do you have inside information from Nadal's legal team?
I am not taking the chance here, the article is gone and is not to be reposted.

Back to top Go down

Post by mthierry Tue 04 Oct 2011, 5:13 pm

noleisthebest wrote:

For one, just based on the aptitude of the writing of that 'journalist', her credibility is up for questioning. The theme of her article also rather strangely has no real premise. Probably a faceless blogger too inconsequential to be sued for clear libel.

And I don't know what world you live in, NITB, but there's no tolerance for homophobia in much of the 'free world'. You were completely oblivious to this in your posts on the deleted thread. This is no case of PC gone mad but the basic levels of decency and decorum in our conduct.

mthierry

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue 04 Oct 2011, 5:15 pm

Y I Man wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

How do you know he isn't? Do you have inside information from Nadal's legal team?
I am not taking the chance here, the article is gone and is not to be reposted.

OK.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Oct 2011, 5:18 pm

The answers have been given, and are clear. Im locking this thread now and it will drop down the list.
If anyone has any further questions, please feel free to drop me a pm.

YI

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down