The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rogan Vs Skelton - Money Ploy

+2
coxy0001
shenglong1983
6 posters

Go down

Rogan Vs Skelton - Money Ploy Empty Rogan Vs Skelton - Money Ploy

Post by shenglong1983 Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:19 pm

Alright Lads!

I am sure most of the old skool posters remember Shenglong, and I am pleased to say I have been reading the threads with a watchful eye. Not much has changed in recent times, Trussman is still being stubborn and scurtinised by most members, Dee McK has been ruling with his honest heart, Rowley never afraid of the banter has been passing on his wise old knowledge, Stefan has threatened to leave every week, Dave 669 (my old nemisis) is as modest as ever with a tounge as razor sharp as Mick Dundees latest blade, and Union is still the funiest guy on the board.

Well some things never change!

But I havent came on here to discuss everyones idiocynchrocies I am here to dscuss the up and coming "supposed" rematch between Ireland's burnt out veteran Martin Rogan and the practically retired Matt Skelton, a fight that hopes to emulate the 2009 epic, but in all reality will never happen.

Martin Rogan has played his hand well, he knows full well that Tyson Fury, the self proclaimed fumbling Irish gypsy, was hoping to fight on November 12th at the Kings Hall and has tried to mark his territory.

Matt Skelon has no intentions of fighting Rogan again on the 12th but Rogan is all to sure that by holding that date he can squeeze a better financial deal for himself, by forcing Hennessey and Fury to buy out the contract and fight Rogan.

Rogan doesnt fear Fury and is willing to fight him but he wants £80k, in the previously scheduled September bout Rogan was offered £50k an amount he felt fell short of a four title billing (British, Commonwealth, Celtic and Irish titles) - this fight never came to fruition.

Rogan will now demand that if Fury wants the Kings Hall and the Irish title he pays an additional £40k on top of the £50k offered in the first instance - that way Rogan gets his shot at the four titles and his £80k and friendly ally Skelton gets £10k without lifting a glove.

Source: I have my contacts.

Watch this space.

Heres signing off,
Shenglong.....

"Never throw in the towel"

shenglong1983

Back to top Go down

Rogan Vs Skelton - Money Ploy Empty Re: Rogan Vs Skelton - Money Ploy

Post by coxy0001 Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:46 pm

Union is still the funiest guy on the board

That's because you are Union.

Not sure why Rogan deserves anything after he threw the Sexton fight? Had his moment in the spotlight with beating Harrison and Skelton (not exactly much to bark about though), that was 2 years ago and he's done zilch since to warrant demanding a 60% rise in purse for the fight (if you want to be anal it's 62.5%)

Fury should be setting his sights higher, no disrespect to Rogan but he's a level below Fury and his chin/bravery (if he doesn't quit again) could see him take a bit of a beating against a technically better boxer.

Last edited by coxy0001 on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tiredness!)

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:02 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Not sure why Rogan deserves anything after he threw the Sexton fight? Had his moment in the spotlight with beating Harrison and Skelton (not exactly much to bark about though), that was 2 years ago and he's done zilch since to warrant demanding a 60% rise in purse for the fight (if you want to get anal it's 62.5%)

That extra 2.5% gets you anal? That's not a bad rate.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:10 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:Not sure why Rogan deserves anything after he threw the Sexton fight? Had his moment in the spotlight with beating Harrison and Skelton (not exactly much to bark about though), that was 2 years ago and he's done zilch since to warrant demanding a 60% rise in purse for the fight (if you want to get anal it's 62.5%)

That extra 2.5% gets you anal? That's not a bad rate.

I've amended the wording so that it can't be misconstrued! Must admit that has made me chuckle though

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:26 pm

Absolute shambles of a fight if it happens. Rogan is a baffoon.

He seems to think he has some kind of army to sell out his fights when in fact 99% of people in Belfast think he is a complete lemon head.

Someone needs to set him aside and say "look Martin, your little novelty act is well and truely burnt out, just get in the car, number 49 Falls Road is looking for a taxi to ASDA."

If he wanted to make people sit up, he would have set up a 3rd fight with Sam Sexton at the very least after his bu!!sh!t excuses after the first 2 fights.

Its funny because I was talking to a few idiots on an irish boxing site last night who tried to argue with me when I called this fight a joke. They asked me "Well who would YOU get him to fight, big man!?" and when I mentioned Price, Sexton, Dallas, Chisora, Fury they deleted my comments.

Complete joke Rogan is!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:19 pm

When was the last time Rogan actually fought?
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:35 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:When was the last time Rogan actually fought?

about 9 or so months ago I think mate. He fought about 3 Eurotubs in a few months with records of the 1-99-2 type if you catch my drift.

So cringing after when he gets down on one knee and does a raising fist or whatever the hell it is.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:36 am

The Galveston Giant wrote:When was the last time Rogan actually fought?
Last week someone tried to do a runner without paying the taxi fare.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down