The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Matt Skelton is Back

5 posters

Go down

Matt Skelton is Back Empty Matt Skelton is Back

Post by bhb001 Sun 04 Mar 2012, 5:17 pm

Okay, not a favourite of the people on this forum, but I like Matt Skelton. Always comes across as a gentleman (even given a spell in prison), always tries to win and that's about it really. No frills approach, often pretty boring and can be a dirty so and so in the ring, but the boxing scene is better for him being there. I'd prefer to see Matt against Tyson Fury than Rogan Josh (mis-spelt on purpose) and it would tell you a lot more about him as well. So, which of the current would be stars of tomorrow should fight Skelton next? Price, Fury, not Harrison please!! At the moment, I would give the old man a chance against any of the current crop!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Matt Skelton is Back Empty Re: Matt Skelton is Back

Post by djlovesyou Sun 04 Mar 2012, 5:31 pm

Was quite impressed with how fit he was.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Mar 2012, 7:56 pm

Look for Skelton to face McDermott in another crossroads fight, then look for Skelton to face Sexton in yet ANOTHER crossroads fight, then look for Skelton to face (drumroll please)...David Price or Tyson Fury (I look for Fury to avoid him like the plauge though).

By that time, maybe someone else will have made the headlines and Chisora can be shoehorned back into the reckoning. After that, maybe Skelton goes for a Euro strap....or maybe Wlad picks him as his next opponent!

Skelton's fought the same way for years and isn't that difficult to figure out (keep him on the end of the jab) but if his conditioning/stamina improves, he becomes a tough ask for some of the young bucks out there.

Dallas had his heart broken in the first round and showed he isn't worthy of the acclaim heaped on him a while back. The true test of a fighter is how he comes back from a defeat and Dallas showed that there's an opening in a warehouse with his name alll over it.

Skelton won't ever scale the dizzy heights but he comes to fight. Sadly, he's tainted by the memory of his fight with Sprott and it will put some people off him.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 04 Mar 2012, 8:11 pm

He'd be a good opponent for Price at this stage of his career. A real rough house type of fighter.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sun 04 Mar 2012, 9:10 pm

Agree with Az, would like to see him in with Price, could be a really good test for the Liverpudlian.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 04 Mar 2012, 9:14 pm

If people start agreieng with me on such a regular basis, I'd have to leave!

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sun 04 Mar 2012, 11:15 pm

azania wrote:If people start agreieng with me on such a regular basis, I'd have to leave!
Very Happy thumbsup

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 05 Mar 2012, 6:18 am

azania wrote:If people start agreieng with me on such a regular basis, I'd have to leave!

Agreed

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Mon 05 Mar 2012, 7:56 am

How pony was Dallas though? I think Maloney knew it when he flung him in against Price but still.... absolute dross. And somebody somewhere has some excellent photos of Skelton sledgehammering him whilst practically horizontal.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down