The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Price vs Skelton moved again

+8
azania
88Chris05
Mind the windows Tino.
coxy0001
TopHat24/7
bhb001
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Union Cane
12 posters

Go down

Price vs Skelton moved again Empty Price vs Skelton moved again

Post by Union Cane Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:29 pm

Price vs Skelton will now take place on Friday (yes, Friday) 30th November.

Seems a strange move, especially as Tyson Fury is facing his top five ranked as yet un-named opponent the day after.

Could be a masterstroke though, another hugely impressive KO from Price could set Fury off again, distracting him from his own fight and potentially derailing his whole career.

Is Maloney that clever?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Price vs Skelton moved again Empty Re: Price vs Skelton moved again

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:33 pm

Would be funny to see how tyson performs should the expected KO happen, and you can bet that Price will be in the crowd on the saturday

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:42 pm

It will definitiely provide a distraction to Fury, so yes, he probably is that machiavellian!. However, Skelton could always ruin the party. Unlikely, but possible. It plays on the idea of Fury being a little bit mentally suspect. Not difficult to assume this given his antics over the past week and some admissions from him much earlier (12 months ago?) over depresson etc. Mind you, it may scupper the chance of a lucrative fight down the line should it sink Fury.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:10 pm

Great move by the Price camp, for all the above mentioned reasons. Like a bit of pyschological warfare, if they really want to up the anty they should try get hold of seats to Fury's match on the sat so they can sit ringside and call him out.

All very WWF, love it!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:12 pm

If Price sits ringside the following night expect a riot.

Popcorn at the ready.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:14 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Great move by the Price camp, for all the above mentioned reasons. Like a bit of pyschological warfare, if they really want to up the anty they should try get hold of seats to Fury's match on the sat so they can sit ringside and call him out.

All very WWF, love it!

I was thinking about this the other day and it worries me, you know.

When Fury got put on his backside by Neven Pajkic, his fans (family?) looked about ready to tear the arena to pieces. The same in the Chisora fight whenever fat Dereck started putting some pressure on him. I can well imagine that when he gets beaten, they might kick off big time in the seats.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:16 pm

Fury has already showed that Price has got to him, and given his reaction on the degale card, price being ringside will freak him out

He is an angry man and you can expect there to be some conflict

Imagine if Price, Maloney and Bellew are in the crowd, guaranteed exposure and hype

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:25 pm

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Imagine if Price, Maloney and Bellew are in the crowd, guaranteed exposure and hype

You're right, but I don't think that's Price's style, and nor does it really suit his personality. I think they'll leave Fury to his business and let him do all the talking. Price is riding the crest of the wave in terms of how public opinion is split between him and Fury just now, with himself certainly on top, so I doubt he'll do anything to jeopardise that.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:44 pm

Why would they want to derail Tyson. They risk losing a big money fight. Playing games doesn't pay the bills.

WHat if he freaks out (unlikely) and loses. Do you think that is what Price/Maloney really want?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:47 pm

If I was Price or Maloney I would just drop the thought of fighting Fury.

Push him to get the fights against the Europeans... Helenius or Pulev (the new EBU champ). Fury can keep feeding off no-name US fighters and would just have to watch Price gain reckognition and leave Fury behind.

The fact is, I honestly don't think they need each other as much as it's made out. Instead, they should try and develop and go up the ranks, fight later if need be. Besides, Fury had his chance to defend his British Titles but chose to run off to Ireland to win a belt out there.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:50 pm

They would still fight somewhere down the line, but it would put Price in the position of being able to dictate terms, which I would think is exactly what Price/Maloney want.

It's probably all irrelevant anyway, I was just trying to work out why Price would fight on a Friday.

Perhaps there's horses there on the Saturday, I don't know.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:52 pm

School Project wrote:If I was Price or Maloney I would just drop the thought of fighting Fury.

Push him to get the fights against the Europeans... Helenius or Pulev (the new EBU champ). Fury can keep feeding off no-name US fighters and would just have to watch Price gain reckognition and leave Fury behind.

The fact is, I honestly don't think they need each other as much as it's made out. Instead, they should try and develop and go up the ranks, fight later if need be. Besides, Fury had his chance to defend his British Titles but chose to run off to Ireland to win a belt out there.

Price had the chance to fight Fury but ducked out. Want to go with this again?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:56 pm

Why on earth is Price fighting a 45 year old journeyman anyway? at least Fury has fought one or two fighters of reasonable quality and is 6 years younger, any idea who his next opponent will be? if he win's it he'll be one of the first in line to fight for the WBC title when Vitali retires. Sensing a Wlad vs Fury fight in 2014?

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 22 Oct 2012, 1:59 pm

azania wrote:
School Project wrote:If I was Price or Maloney I would just drop the thought of fighting Fury.

Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:02 pm

azania wrote:

I'm sorry Azania, but didn't you read the rest of it?

Send them both up the ranks and have a fight when it's more beneficial. Not rocket science is it? Besides, Price WAS the mandatory for Fury and Fury relinquished his titles... I'm not directly saying who ducked who, but I'm pretty certain that's exactly what happened.

MY thoughts are that Price/Maloney should forget about domestic fights now after Skelton. Get him in there with the Euro-level fighters - get him in there with Helenius who isn't a big puncher but has the name or Pulev who has the EBU belt. There'll be more to fight for down the line.

Leave Fury to develop in his own time.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:02 pm

monty junior wrote:Why on earth is Price fighting a 45 year old journeyman anyway? at least Fury has fought one or two fighters of reasonable quality and is 6 years younger, any idea who his next opponent will be? if he win's it he'll be one of the first in line to fight for the WBC title when Vitali retires. Sensing a Wlad vs Fury fight in 2014?

As pointed out on another thread, the combined age of Fury's last four opponenents is even higher the Price's. Agree I'd like to see Price challenged more (actually think Skelton is a more credible fight than Audley) but let's not kid ourselves that Fury has been challenging himself at all either. Fury has the best name on either CV - Chisora, but his four fights since have been even worse dross than what Price has been fighting putting away for fun.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:10 pm

monty junior wrote:Why on earth is Price fighting a 45 year old journeyman anyway? at least Fury has fought one or two fighters of reasonable quality and is 6 years younger, any idea who his next opponent will be? if he win's it he'll be one of the first in line to fight for the WBC title when Vitali retires. Sensing a Wlad vs Fury fight in 2014?

2 Fights against 2 big names in British Heavyweight. Skelton still has a dig but it's to keep Price active. I'd rather see a prospect fight 4 times a year and stay as active as possible - no need to complain about it.

But can you imaging Fury getting a shot in 2013/14 (which is completely possible) - He'd have to go in with an improved Arreola (who I still rate) for the belt.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:11 pm

School Project wrote:
azania wrote:

. Get him in there with the Euro-level fighters - get him in there with Helenius who isn't a big puncher but has the name or Pulev who has the EBU belt. There'll be more to fight for down the line.

You mad man? Shocked Helenius is one of the biggest punchers in the heavyweight division, he layed out Sam Peter and Lamon Brewster and probably would have done the same to Chisora is he hadn't injured his shoulder in the first round. Helenius is a risk Price will not take unless he has to.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:13 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

As pointed out on another thread, the combined age of Fury's last four opponenents is even higher the Price's. Agree I'd like to see Price challenged more (actually think Skelton is a more credible fight than Audley) but let's not kid ourselves that Fury has been challenging himself at all either. Fury has the best name on either CV - Chisora, but his four fights since have been even worse dross than what Price has been fighting putting away for fun.

I doubt that is correct. Audley is 41, Skelton is 45. Cant recall how old that Norwich farmer was and Fat Mac. I'm sure the comdined age is near on 150.

Fury's opponents post Chisora have been better than anything Price has fought. The best fghter in Price's resume is Audley Laugh

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:14 pm

School Project wrote:
azania wrote:

I'm sorry Azania, but didn't you read the rest of it?

Send them both up the ranks and have a fight when it's more beneficial. Not rocket science is it? Besides, Price WAS the mandatory for Fury and Fury relinquished his titles... I'm not directly saying who ducked who, but I'm pretty certain that's exactly what happened.

MY thoughts are that Price/Maloney should forget about domestic fights now after Skelton. Get him in there with the Euro-level fighters - get him in there with Helenius who isn't a big puncher but has the name or Pulev who has the EBU belt. There'll be more to fight for down the line.

They both fight for different companies, so that's the more likely reason the fight didn't go ahead. All this talk of one ducking the other is plain rubbish.

I agree that they should fight when something tangible is on the line. Fury will defend his WBC belt against Price just for domestic consumption as Price would have been stopped by then.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:28 pm

azania wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

I doubt that is correct. Audley is 41, Skelton is 45. Cant recall how old that Norwich farmer was and Fat Mac. I'm sure the comdined age is near on 150.

Fury's opponents post Chisora have been better than anything Price has fought. The best fghter in Price's resume is Audley Laugh

Feel free to use a calculator is mental arithmetic is too challenging for you Az....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:32 pm

WHo were the last 4 opponents of Fury? Their ages also. Wasn't that Belfast cabbie the oldest one?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:35 pm

azania wrote:WHo were the last 4 opponents of Fury? Their ages also. Wasn't that Belfast cabbie the oldest one?

Spoiler:

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:35 pm

Fury = 38 + 41 + 35 + 33 = 147

Price = 40 + 28 + 32 + 27 = 127

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:36 pm

Price
Skelton - 45
Audley - 41
Sexton - 28
McDermott - 32
Total - 146

Fury
Maddalone - 38
Rogan - 41
Pajkic - 35
Firtha - 33
Total - 147

That proves it.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:45 pm

And that's with old man Skelton added in and Dallas dropped.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:49 pm

I see Price is looking for the more 'experienced' fighters now. Will he be calling out Foreman next?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 22 Oct 2012, 2:54 pm

Yawn..... Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 22 Oct 2012, 3:38 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Fury = 38 + 41 + 35 + 33 = 147

Price = 40 + 28 + 32 + 27 = 127

Oh dear that didnt come out as Az planned it laughing

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 22 Oct 2012, 3:39 pm

It didn't. Crying or Very sad

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 22 Oct 2012, 5:23 pm

Can I see by the yawns that az is boring the b@llox off people again??

This post was made by azania who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 22 Oct 2012, 7:08 pm

This guy has put me on ignore yet he still talks about me. How strange Erm

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content