The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quarter final !, Ireland vs Wales match thread.

+41
Irish Curry
The Rakish Brigand
Knowsit17
dublin_dave
Cymroglan
radelven
Gibson
BATH_BTGOG
RDW
Taffineastbourne
mckay1402
faraway
lostinwales
glamorganalun
whocares
Smirnoffpriest
mystiroakey
Davie
littlejohn
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
dubh_linn
screamingaddabs
manofgwent
Fernando
R!skysports
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Cowshot
Ozzy3213
Taylorman
Cari
PJHolybloke
eirebilly
Breadvan
Portnoy
Pal Joey
flyhalffactory
Gatts
HammerofThunor
TheGreyGhost
Biltong
rodders
45 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Quarter final !, Ireland vs Wales match thread. - Page 4 Empty Ireland V Wales Match thread.

Post by rodders Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:57 am

First topic message reminder :

Ahhhhhh! I've never been so nervous before a match before! Come on Ireland!!! guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Quarter final !, Ireland vs Wales match thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: Quarter final !, Ireland vs Wales match thread.

Post by HammerofThunor Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:42 am

Only England get penalised for stuff like that. It's to smooth out our awesomeness (and we're more blatant and panicky when we do it Sad )

Can't believe how quick its gone

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Quarter final !, Ireland vs Wales match thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: Quarter final !, Ireland vs Wales match thread.

Post by screamingaddabs Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:43 am

O'Gara has been woeful so far. It's been similar to the England Wales warm up in Cardiff. Ireland with most territory and possession and nothing to show for it really!
screamingaddabs
screamingaddabs

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:43 am

Oh no...I hope Charteris hasn't dislocated his finger....he's been very useful for us.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:43 am

Key moment coming up here.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:44 am

roddersm wrote:Feck off I've got my green goggles on this morning! Laugh

Brilliant laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:44 am

great refereeing big geth...there's your controversy right there...stupid ref

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:44 am

HT thank Flip

Wales can't keep doing this in the 2nd half, we will get a bit tired and gaps will open. We ca't keep letting Ireland run at us, their back 3 looks lethal.

So tense, so utterly tense.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:45 am

HT?

10 - 3. Ireland will come out guns blazing though second half.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:45 am

Great defence Wales. Holding out just before the break, huge mentally.

What a half of rugby, has flown by. Still cant really call it. Picked Wales pre game and will stick with them, but just glad it's a cracker of a match so far.

Worth getting up early for!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:45 am

Put rastamouse on and relax RD OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:45 am

Ireland is making worng decisions, they could have taken their kicks and if this is the game they want to play, would sexton then not be the better player?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:46 am

Hmmm. 10-3 is not too bad for us after the start we had I thought we'd be blown away.

Wales have only had two chances and scored twice though, whereas we haven't converted enough chances.

Ireland are notorious slow starters but the next score will be crucial.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:46 am

roddersm wrote:
Ozzy3213 wrote:
roddersm wrote:Wales lying all over the ball at every tackle.

To be fair rodders, so are Ireland. Big Donners has just flopped on it and sealed the ball off at least 3 times without being pinged for it.

Feck off I've got my green goggles on this morning! Laugh

Laugh fair dos!! I've got red ones on myself Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:47 am

Risca Rev wrote:
roddersm wrote:Feck off I've got my green goggles on this morning! Laugh

Brilliant laughing

That's quote of the first half right there. laughing
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:48 am

Well, in WC history a 7 point halftime lead has only been turned round on 9 ocassions, France have done it 4 times, Romania twice, Argentina, Scotland and England once each.

Ireland may well come to rue not taking the early penalty shots.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:48 am

Cant see Ireland coming back to be honest. They look bereft of ideas in attack
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:48 am

fernando wrote:Put rastamouse on and relax RD OK

Rastamouse is quality. Irie man!!!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dubh_linn Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:48 am

Great half of rugby...hope ireland can lift it second half....wales look very good in defense but i think theres more tries in this game..hopefully the boys in green will get most of them :-)

dubh_linn

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:48 am

rugbydreamer wrote:
roddersm wrote:
Ozzy3213 wrote:
roddersm wrote:Wales lying all over the ball at every tackle.

To be fair rodders, so are Ireland. Big Donners has just flopped on it and sealed the ball off at least 3 times without being pinged for it.

Feck off I've got my green goggles on this morning! Laugh

Laugh fair dos!! I've got red ones on myself Wink

thumbsup
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:49 am

laughing

Is there anyone here with one green goggle and one red goggle on? You've got yourself a set of 3D glasses there... Very Happy

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:49 am

I think Ireland will score next. Wales need to get more than one score ahead, we have to, I really can see Ireland getting back into this. We need to get another score, have to.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:50 am

eirebilly wrote:Cant see Ireland coming back to be honest. They look bereft of ideas in attack

I don't think so Billy, I just think we are playing to expansively in the wrong areas and letting our ball carriers get isolated. Our set piece looks strong and we are making linebreaks we just need to be more direct.

I'd like to see us tighten up a bit and maybe bring Sexton on.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:51 am

This is a great game.

Nothing like an enjoyable ruck first thing in the morning to get the day going. music
Portnoy
Portnoy

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:51 am

Looks like a forward pass to Williams for the try

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:52 am

rugbydreamer wrote:I think Ireland will score next. Wales need to get more than one score ahead, we have to, I really can see Ireland getting back into this. We need to get another score, have to.

why, we have held them , we keep holding them. Thin red line. And we score next and next after that!

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:52 am

If Wales score next it's game over I think.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:53 am

HammerofThunor wrote:Looks like a forward pass to Williams for the try

wheres the greyghost/tmo/wayne barnes/drunken twitter rant when you need them

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by manofgwent Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:53 am

I expect ireland to really come out firing 2nd half. It's going down to the wire.
Our defence has been superb.
How long can we hold out for when again the opposition have been in our 22 far longer??
Wales look a lot more rhreatening in attack.

manofgwent

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:53 am

one score isn't a big enough lead Gatts, we need to get more than 7 points ahead, have to.

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:54 am

Gatts wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:I think Ireland will score next. Wales need to get more than one score ahead, we have to, I really can see Ireland getting back into this. We need to get another score, have to.

why, we have held them , we keep holding them. Thin red line. And we score next and next after that!

I'm glad you've noticed how much Wales are cheating at the tackle area too Wink.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:55 am

roddersm wrote:
Gatts wrote:

I'm glad you've noticed how much Wales are cheating at the tackle area too Wink.

Love it, now its cheating. Damn that ref. Keep holding em boys!

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:55 am

Well now, can Wales keep this up for another 40; or will O'Gara find his real boots?

Can't really believe the second half will be tryless, one way or the other, someone will surely cross the line...

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:55 am

With that rush defence wales have the irish sorted in attack for now.
Great half.
This is going to the wire.
Big cahunas are needed now for the big last 4 spot.
Man what a weekend of rugby!

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:56 am

rugbydreamer wrote:one score isn't a big enough lead Gatts, we need to get more than 7 points ahead, have to.

i agree but this team is built on defence, its pride. They will wear ire down by holding them out, forcing the gameplan into catch up, then mistakes. Meanwhile we take our chances and score per visit as we have been

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:56 am

aaaaaaaaah here we go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:57 am

Cari wrote:

laughing

Is there anyone here with one green goggle and one red goggle on? You've got yourself a set of 3D glasses there... Very Happy

no but i can offer you some beer googles making Adam Jones look a handsome man

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:57 am

Wales need to start as they did first half...whoever scores first will be crucial.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by manofgwent Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:57 am

Big bird's off!! Come on Bradley.

manofgwent

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:58 am

1/2 pint just became the full pint (take that polotechnics!)

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:58 am

Charteris is off, Bradley on.

Ah good lineout and we waste teh ball!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:58 am

Good luck to Wales and Ireland fans for the second half. Let's hope it's as good as the first, and the game is won by a moment of skill and not lost on a mistake! thumbsup
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:58 am

Stop kicking!!!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:58 am

did i hear that right , "garlic football" ?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:59 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:Good luck to Wales and Ireland fans for the second half. Let's hope it's as good as the first, and the game is won by a moment of skill and not lost on a mistake! thumbsup

Whatever the result, someone will say it was both... Wink

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:00 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:did i hear that right , "garlic football" ?

Tis what England will be playing shortly

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:00 am

shame about Charteris going off, he had a brill first half unbelievable stats from him 16-17 tackles awesome
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:01 am

Oh sh*t...danger here.....was that in??

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:01 am

Mike Phillips have you just become a hero?

In touch, please say earls was put into touch!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:01 am

Well done dreamer

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:01 am

what is it with earles and scoring tries against weak sides?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next