The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England Post Mortem

+26
21st Century Schizoid Man
Cymroglan
dummy_half
Boyne
Eustace H Plimsoll
funnyExiledScot
Cowshot
G2
bathmad
offload
Geordie
tomathy
emack2
Gatts
wonder_man
latino-flanker
maestegmafia
radelven
RubyGuby
Mr Bounce
dogtooth
Glas a du
nathan
mystiroakey
robbo277
BATH_BTGOG
30 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

England Post Mortem - Page 2 Empty England Post Mortem

Post by BATH_BTGOG Sun 09 Oct 2011, 9:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

Where now for England?

2011 will be forever known to England fans as the world cup where the Professional approach went out of the window replaced with Tindallgate, funny balls, Jumping off of ferries and dwarf throwing have I missed anything else? as the list was a long one, and the saddest thing for me wasn't losing to France (we all knew what the French can do) no it was the England legends that faded away through out this RWC Wilko & MJ.

Have their reputations been tainted, for the short term, yes IMO.

So where now, I for one would be happy to sacrifice the next 6 nations and try and build a team capable of playing a more positive style of rugby in the four years leading up to the next RWC which is here unless the RFU really muck it up.

What do you guys want to happen?
BATH_BTGOG
BATH_BTGOG

Back to top Go down

England Post Mortem - Page 2 Empty Re: England Post Mortem

Post by Adam D Tue 11 Oct 2011, 8:27 am

rugbyfan wrote:I like MJ - it's hard not to when he's won the RWC and I like the way he 'tells it straight'. I think he's deeply passionate about the game and cares about England.

But, he should never have got the job in the first place. He may turn out to be a fantastic coach/manager but giving someone the top job in the country when they have zero experience is in no way a good option. Can you imagine Alan Shearer being given the England football job without ever managing a club? Great players do not always make great coaches.

Mark Hughes was given the Wales manager job.

But I take your point - its a fast track to get fans on side of the manager by having a personality in there as opposed to a competent candidate.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbyfan Tue 11 Oct 2011, 8:39 am

Adam - No offence to Wales, but they are not in the top teams in terms of world football. In fact they are 90th in the world. managing a premiership football team is seen as being a higher level than coaching Wales.

this is not knockking Wales! The same can be said for NI and other international football teams.

rugbyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 11 Oct 2011, 8:49 am

rugbyfan wrote:Adam - No offence to Wales, but they are not in the top teams in terms of world football. In fact they are 90th in the world. managing a premiership football team is seen as being a higher level than coaching Wales.

this is not knockking Wales! The same can be said for NI and other international football teams.

We were 117th last time I looked behind Haiti!

Okay better example - Jurgen Klinsman took over Germany as his first role.

I do agree with you though - good players dont always make good coaches - but they sometimes do as well - the job shold go to the best candidate.

To be honest, I think national team management is easier than club as you have the best to pick your teams fro and its not a day to day job for the most part.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bitter Beer Tue 11 Oct 2011, 9:12 am

Boyne wrote:Was the ferry moving at the time?? Could he have been sucked into the rotor blades?

Rotor blades?

It wasn't a helicopter. You chopper.

Bitter Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by radelven Tue 11 Oct 2011, 2:51 pm

Glas a du wrote:Does anybody remember the hushed up player power incident in the 09 6N? The players told Jonno they wanted more freedom to run?

As ye reep so shall ye sow.

A recent comment from an England player:

"We played this whole tournament in a different way...The way we played at the start of the Six Nations is the best way for us to maximise the talent we have in the squad, without a doubt. But we didn't do that. We didn't use what we've got and I don't see any point in that at all...I have my frustrations, but I’m still a relatively new young player in the England squad, so I don’t feel I can really speak my mind yet. You have to earn your stripes."

radelven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2