The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will David Haye Retire?

+27
cave_man_KO
trottb
Herman Frotchlinger
Scottrf
OasisBFC
huw
Daz
coxy0001
ian_jamsie
Union Cane
captain carrantuohil
Michaels, Sean
Kingshu
Colonial Lion
joeyjojo618
Fists of Fury
Valero's Conscience
sherm
BALTIMORA
Jimmy Moz
Atila
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Nico the gman
manos de piedra
Dass
Rowley
Waingro
31 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Will David Haye Retire?

Will David Haye Retire? Vote_lcap63%Will David Haye Retire? Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 27 ]
Will David Haye Retire? Vote_lcap37%Will David Haye Retire? Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 16 ]

Total Votes : 43

Will David Haye Retire? Empty Will David Haye Retire?

Post by Waingro Mon 10 Oct 2011, 9:34 pm

It is David Hayes 31st birthday in a couple of days and he has said he will make a decision then on whether he will retire or not. He said first that he would definately retire on his 31st birthday but later changed his mind and said he would fight again and wants to fight klichko again. Do people see him hanging up his gloves or will he stay fighting is my question?

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Will David Haye Retire? Empty Re: Will David Haye Retire?

Post by Rowley Mon 10 Oct 2011, 9:38 pm

Any chance you could add a "don't care" option?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Mon 10 Oct 2011, 9:48 pm

I would like to see him fight again tbh I think he is the best heavyweight apart from klichkos there are good fights out there lets be honest would we rather see klichko fight guys like mormeck or would we prefer to see him fight Haye and lets not forget he could win his old belt back by beating Povetkin and become a world champ again he is still ranked high in the WBA so this is a fight that could happen.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Mon 10 Oct 2011, 9:53 pm

I'd rather just forget about the Heavies for 10yrs and come back after that hoping that its sorted itself out as a division. There's currently no fight in that division that could get me excited other than maybe on a domestic level with Price v Fury. Even that fight is more to see if Price can amount to anything in the long stretch as he seems to keep himself in good shape and look like a heavy should.

Its a sad state of affairs and I've got steadily more depressed as I've been typing this.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 10 Oct 2011, 9:53 pm

Povetkins belt has about as much credibility as the belt I wear to work and is infinately less useful.

Having said that, I would still be interested in a potential fight with Haye as Im still sure where Haye ranks in the pecking order of the current crop.

The Klitschkos are too good for everyone else. Those questions have been answered. But the best of the rest still contains a few question marks and competitive fights.

It looks like it will be lack of opposition rather than an heir apparent that will force the brothers into retirement.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon 10 Oct 2011, 9:57 pm

Haye at the moment is not been thought of as a former World Cruiser and Heavyweight champ,but as the fighter who disgraced himself against Wlad,so for me he will fight on to try and save a bit of face, but should be made to fight his way to mandatory challenger but we all know it don't work like that.
Vitali will see the big payday and make a voluntary defense against Haye.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon 10 Oct 2011, 10:01 pm

Not that bothered to be honest. A fight with vitali is probably the only thing that will keep him boxing. I used to be a big fan of haye but his HW career has been a real let down, talked the talk but between Harrison and his negative performance against wlad he's gone out on a real low. I'd tune in for a fight with vitali, but if haye he never fights again he'll soon be forgotten - which is a shame as he had the talent and personality to to have made more of a mark.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue 11 Oct 2011, 12:11 am

I don't think he's going to retire right now, there's still money in a Vitali v Haye fight. After Vitali beats him then, I think he'll retire. That said, I don't care whether he fights on or not, never really been a fan of his.

I just got this off The Sun website. It says that Haye has retired.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/boxing/3864500/British-star-David-Haye-quits-boxing.html

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimmy Moz Tue 11 Oct 2011, 1:27 am

Thanks for giving us all the excitement you brought back to the heavyweights as promised David. You said you were sent by the heavyweights of yesterday to save the division and true to form your wars with Audley Harrison and John Ruiz were historical and will rank up there with Ali-Frazier, Dempsey-Tunney etc. In the biggest fight of your career you were so confident of winning that you fought most of the fight on your knees. You lost in the end but that was only due to a pinky toe injury. I doubt even Muhammad Ali fighting for 11 rounds with a broken jaw vs Ken Norton can match that. He aint got nothing on you oh great HAYEMAKER

Your the greatest David

P.S. Dont let the door hit you on your way out

Jimmy Moz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 11 Oct 2011, 7:35 am

Jimmy Moz wrote:Thanks for giving us all the excitement you brought back to the heavyweights as promised David. You said you were sent by the heavyweights of yesterday to save the division and true to form your wars with Audley Harrison and John Ruiz were historical and will rank up there with Ali-Frazier, Dempsey-Tunney etc. In the biggest fight of your career you were so confident of winning that you fought most of the fight on your knees. You lost in the end but that was only due to a pinky toe injury. I doubt even Muhammad Ali fighting for 11 rounds with a broken jaw vs Ken Norton can match that. He aint got nothing on you oh great HAYEMAKER

Your the greatest David

P.S. Dont let the door hit you on your way out

Deserves a rare foray into the realms of clap

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 11 Oct 2011, 7:45 am

Sky says the same.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,20876_7234718,00.html

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Tue 11 Oct 2011, 7:52 am

I think people are being harsh on Haye dont get why he is so disliked? Seems like it is ok for fighters in the past to not fight black opponents or to to be involved in fixes and dives and be ok but quality fighters like Lewis are said they are overrated or someone like Haye is pretty much hated on I dont get it?

Lets not forget that Haye would have fought klichko sooner but they werent interested in the fight until Haye proved he was a big name and won a belt imo that was not Hayes fault. People dont realise how tough it is to beat a klichko specially if you are not fully fit I think Haye deserves credit and he also deserves credit for wanting to fight them again and take on the best lets be honest thats what boxing should be about!

I think it would be a shame if he retired imo he has still lots to offer and if he got Lewis to join his training camp I think he would have a decent shot at beating vitali who knows more about beating Vitali than Lewis? Lets not forget vitali is getting old and has not been tested properly in a long time Haye could really surprise him. I think its worth a shot there are not many other big fights out there in the division.

Haye could also beat Povetkin I think he would and he would become a world champion again that means the klichkos would need to fight him again.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 11 Oct 2011, 8:00 am

Im surprised he is retiring. It would be so easy to win his way back into contention for mandatory status or even to build some momentum. I could pretty much garauntee that a couple of decent wins would bring about a massive change in attitude and with both Klitschkos plowing through the division in double fast time they are literally running out of either credible fights or opponents who are willing to step up to fight them. After a win or two Haye would still tick both boxes which would pretty much make him an automatic for a rematch.

But then again its Haye so whats to say he wont just change his mind a few months down the line?, especially when the brothers start struggling for opposition. Perhaps he feels the public support is still not there for him and wants to wait a while longer plus there is no harm in letting time chip away at the brothers, Vitali especially.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 11 Oct 2011, 8:11 am

Waingro wrote:I think people are being harsh on Haye dont get why he is so disliked? Seems like it is ok for fighters in the past to not fight black opponents or to to be involved in fixes and dives and be ok but quality fighters like Lewis are said they are overrated or someone like Haye is pretty much hated on I dont get it?

Lets not forget that Haye would have fought klichko sooner but they werent interested in the fight until Haye proved he was a big name and won a belt imo that was not Hayes fault. People dont realise how tough it is to beat a klichko specially if you are not fully fit I think Haye deserves credit and he also deserves credit for wanting to fight them again and take on the best lets be honest thats what boxing should be about!

I think it would be a shame if he retired imo he has still lots to offer and if he got Lewis to join his training camp I think he would have a decent shot at beating vitali who knows more about beating Vitali than Lewis? Lets not forget vitali is getting old and has not been tested properly in a long time Haye could really surprise him. I think its worth a shot there are not many other big fights out there in the division.

Haye could also beat Povetkin I think he would and he would become a world champion again that means the klichkos would need to fight him again.

A few things: Lewis is one of the greatest heavies ever, top 6 IMO, his career has nothing to do with haye other than the fact they're both Brits there's no comparison. Wlad and vitali both agreed to fight haye BEFORE he was a belt holder but he withdrew both times. The toe injury whilst undoubtedly true is a poor excuse for a poor performance and haye embarrassed himself a bit with that one. I don't see what bringing lennox into his camp would do to benefit haye - lennox isn't a trainer, and although he beat vitali his style is totally different to Hayes plus he had greater physical advantages at his disposal at heavy whereas haye is quite small for the modern era. Vitali would most likely walk through haye and stop him - bit like swatting a fly - haye is wealthy enough already and has enough charm/BS to blag his way into a few British films so it's no surprise he's called it a day.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by sherm Tue 11 Oct 2011, 8:19 am

They are saying on talksport that Haye has handed in his fight license

sherm

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue 11 Oct 2011, 8:34 am

The BBC are also saying that Haye's going to retire

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/15252699.stm

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 11 Oct 2011, 8:36 am

I thought Haye would have opted to fight Vitali for the huge money alone even if it meant being KO'd.

I wouldn't be shocked at a Haye comeback in a few years as he is a very low mileage boxer for his age and hasn't really sustained much damage in his career.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 11 Oct 2011, 8:41 am

Regardless of what you think of Haye, it was fun whilst it lasted. Whilst it didn't exactly transfer across to his fights (bar the Ruiz one) at heavyweight, he provided a hell of a lot more excitement than any of the other heavies out there in terms of talking the talk, press conferences etc. Like it or loathe it, talking yourself up, arrogance etc is a big part of boxing and certainly makes the buildup to fights more interesting. So for me, I enjoyed the ride, just a shame that he wasn't able to pull it off.

Great cruiser, decent heavy that was just not big enough or good enough to beat the Klitschkos. He beats all of the other heavies, for me.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Tue 11 Oct 2011, 8:45 am

I cant see him coming back, the HW thing was just a smash and grab for as much money as possible.

Got to respect his achievements at CW and winning a belt at HW, but he wont be missed (by me at least.)

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 11 Oct 2011, 9:11 am

Waingro wrote:

Lets not forget that Haye would have fought klichko sooner but they werent interested in the fight until Haye proved he was a big name and won a belt imo that was not Hayes fault. .

20th June 2009 Veltins Arena Germany, fight signed and sealed Wlad was there, Haye pulled out.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Tue 11 Oct 2011, 9:18 am

I found Haye to be a damp squib with an uninspiring heavyweight career that promised everything and delivered little so Im not fussed what he does really.

To echo what has been said by others though, just because he says he is retiring does not neccessarily make it so. He is an opportunist whos main concern is making as much money as possible for as little risk as possible. At the moment I feel thats he has been testing the waters and recognising that the public goodwill has been exhausted and the support/interest for him is not there. This greatly damages his earning and ppv power and rather than win it back the hard way (which isnt even that difficult given the division) he would rather retire for the time being at least.

His call out of Vitali was a test to see where he stood with the fans I think and general reaction was one of negativity and boredom. Realising that his support had been dimished and the fact he would have to settle for a much less lucrative share against Vitali I think he decided it wasnt worth it.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Tue 11 Oct 2011, 9:34 am

Colonial Lion wrote:I found Haye to be a damp squib with an uninspiring heavyweight career that promised everything and delivered little so Im not fussed what he does really.

To echo what has been said by others though, just because he says he is retiring does not neccessarily make it so. He is an opportunist whos main concern is making as much money as possible for as little risk as possible. At the moment I feel thats he has been testing the waters and recognising that the public goodwill has been exhausted and the support/interest for him is not there. This greatly damages his earning and ppv power and rather than win it back the hard way (which isnt even that difficult given the division) he would rather retire for the time being at least.

His call out of Vitali was a test to see where he stood with the fans I think and general reaction was one of negativity and boredom. Realising that his support had been dimished and the fact he would have to settle for a much less lucrative share against Vitali I think he decided it wasnt worth it.

I think you are being harsh but I think you are right about the support it seems people do not like the guy anymore. It is sad to see that no one will support him and that the British will not get behind him to become a world champion again maybe this is why he will retire? Lets be honest he deserves credit for wantng to fight the best again. Maybe he feels like he has no choice but to retire because people will not get behind him imo this shows a lack of support.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 11 Oct 2011, 9:42 am

Personally can fully understand why people feel a little cheated, lets look dispassionately at his heavyweight career, said he was only interested in the Klitschkos and had the formula to beat them etc. So he moved up and took on Barrett, most could forgive this, makes sense to test the water in the division, then we don't get Wlad we get Valuev, again most can forgive, was a belt and gives him a bargaining tool.

So next surely it is Wlad, err no we get Ruiz on the argument he is a mandatory as if that still meant anything in the game today, many are getting bored now but Haye has his belt and mandatory out of the way, alas not we now have a fight against the 6th best heavy in Britain in a fight demanded by absolutely nobody which lets be frank was one of the most cynical money making exercises in a sport where they are not exactly few and far between.

Many are now bored by the procrastinating but fear not the fight is signed! and Haye has promised this is not going to be another Chambers or Peters rollover, this is Dempsey, this is Tyson, this is the shot in the arm the divsion needs, the blue ribbon division is finally going to get the excitement it so sadly lacks. Again no, Haye goes out with exactly the kind of whimper he has slaughtered others for, and then puts the icing on the cake by falling back on the most pitiful excuse in living memory. And people still wonder why people have lost interest with him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue 11 Oct 2011, 9:42 am

it would be easy to get his license back, I don't think he's retiring just pretending to so that VW has to come in quick with a decent offer for a fight, its just a bluff to make VW make the fight quicker.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Tue 11 Oct 2011, 10:03 am

Waingro can I ask what Haye has done to deserve such undying loyalty and support from the British fans? Other than being born on the same Island as you and sharing a common nationality do you really feel he has provided you with great value for money, commitment, entertainment and so on? It works both ways and I think its unreasonable to expect limitless support when you are not giving much back in return.

Im cynical about Haye because hes left me little other choice. His heavyweight career was built on alot of hot air and false promises designed to line his own pockets at the fans expense and when finally his talking was no longer enough to get him where he wanted and he had to rely on rolling up the sleeves, he decided to throw in the towel. All of this after a heavyweight career in which the highlight was probably the two entrances and fireworks display before the Klitschko fight. Certainly not the explosive edge of the seats entertainment that he promised.

As others have pointed out continually, it would not be difficult to earn another shot. He is far luckier than he seems to appreciate that in this era even as decisive a loss as he suffered is barely an obstacle to another title shot. Why is it do you think he is so unwilling to step against these self described "bums" and win his way back? It would do wonders for his crippled support and would easily put him back into contention. Sadly though, it would appear that because the Klitschkos have refused to grant him an immediate rematch and his next fight is not garaunteed to make a ppv killing that fighting some of these "bums" is far too beneath him. Ironic from someone who made a voluntary world title defence againt Audley Harrison would you not say?

His selling point for another Klitschko fight was centered primarily around 1. Klitschko did not knock him out as promised and 2. His injured toe was a key factor in his loss. Now are the British people really expected to wade in behind him on the back of such a sales pitch?

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue 11 Oct 2011, 10:13 am

According to Talksport the BBBC have issued a statement saying Haye has declined to renew his boxing licence.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Tue 11 Oct 2011, 10:21 am

One of the many annoying things about Haye is that the guy could actually fight, but for some reason, decided to stop demonstrating this after his cruiserweight career was done. It was as though the wars with Thompson, Fragomeni and Mormeck, where he undoubtedly proved his worth, had stripped him of the desire to do anything unless it was by the easy route.

That his conduct as a heavyweight has been shameful is both beyond dispute and beside the point, to a degree. The truth is that he simply hasn't done what he said he was going to; he hasn't rejuvenated the division, he didn't perform explosively, instead he has left the heavyweights surrounded by greater cynicism and indifference than ever before. That is his legacy, and it has to be said, he doesn't deserve a better one.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 11 Oct 2011, 10:48 am

Not going to be volunteering him for your HOF then, captain?

Agree wholeheartedly with you regarding Haye's actual ability. He had the skills which he showcased on numerous occasions down at cruiser, and also had a good fighting spirit to go with it, but as you say he inexplicably seemed to abandon all of this upon his move up to heavy. Was it that he was simply more comfortable tearing it up with someone his own size, I wonder? Take Adamek for example, he didn't seem too perturbed about being hit by Vitali (a huge mistake!), whereas this clearly wasn't the case with Haye, who obviously didn't want to take too many risks where he could ship some punches at heavy.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Tue 11 Oct 2011, 11:13 am

I don't generally get that perturbed by pre-fight braggadocio, Fists, but in Haye's case, the nonsense that went on for months before the Klitschko fight came on the back of a litany of broken promises. Excitement, regular fights, new era - you know the drill. And what did we get? Hype, fights called off at a moment's notice, the same old tired retreads, Ruiz and Audley Harrison. We had a barrowload of insults and when the time came to pay the rent, we found, as we knew all along, that Haye's mouth had written cheques that his ability and spirit couldn't cash.

If indeed he is retiring now, it's only because there are only so many people prepared to fall for the three-card trick more than once. I'm sure Haye will make a very decent living selling his peculiarly repugnant brand of snake-oil in the comfortingly similar profession of acting.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2011, 11:15 am

As one of Haye's strongest advocates on the board, even I'm struggling to drum up any enthusiasm for this one. He's shown no inclination to work his way back into contention but instead decided to use Vitali's dislike for him as a means of leapfrogging the division and securing another title shot. Vitali seems keen on the idea therefore I can't see what the problem is in signing for the fight. Of course, Haye has absolutely no bargaining power here but gives the impression that he will somehow be able to call the shots and drum up some interest from the British public.

Personally speaking I think if he takes the fight with Vitali, he should agree to whatever conditions are laid down, accept he is nothing more than another challenger and then go under the radar re self promotion. 50,000 Germans will flock to see the fight anyway and I can't imagine the weeks of press tours will do anything to change the minds of the British public.

Haye's time as a big player in the HW division has come and gone and if he's not prepared to put in the necessary graft to regain his position (especially in the eyes of the British public) then he would be better off calling it a day.

However, my belief is that he will wait for the K's to retire and then announce his return in a couple of years

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 11 Oct 2011, 11:16 am

captain carrantuohil wrote:I don't generally get that perturbed by pre-fight braggadocio, Fists, but in Haye's case, the nonsense that went on for months before the Klitschko fight came on the back of a litany of broken promises. Excitement, regular fights, new era - you know the drill. And what did we get? Hype, fights called off at a moment's notice, the same old tired retreads, Ruiz and Audley Harrison. We had a barrowload of insults and when the time came to pay the rent, we found, as we knew all along, that Haye's mouth had written cheques that his ability and spirit couldn't cash.

If indeed he is retiring now, it's only because there are only so many people prepared to fall for the three-card trick more than once. I'm sure Haye will make a very decent living selling his peculiarly repugnant brand of snake-oil in the comfortingly similar profession of acting.

So is that a yes or no to the hall Captain?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 11 Oct 2011, 11:18 am

I will always have question marks about Hayes true ability. He just didnt fight enough quality. Cruiser was an awful division. Heavy marginally less weak (outside the two Klitschkos) but the difference is a massive step up in size. Take away Hayes power threat and what were you left with was the question? I dont think it was ever answered.

Genuinely feel a quality heavyweight comfortably shuts out Valuev or beats him by a wide margin and the fact that I thought Haye only won three rounds decisively - the rest being capable of going either way, always raised doubts with me. Even Jones Junior ten years ago for instance, I would imagine beats Valuev more comfortably adopting Hayes kind of gameplan.

I think Haye needed a good win over an Adamek or Povetkin type contender to remove the doubts.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2011, 11:21 am

Problem is Manos, will Haye take either of those fights and make an effort to prove he still wants the HW crown and secondly, would he get any credit for beating Adamek as the public's perception will be Haye is simply feeding off Vitali's leftovers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 11 Oct 2011, 11:23 am

DAVE667 wrote:However, my belief is that he will wait for the K's to retire and then announce his return in a couple of years

You've nailed it there Dave, he'll spend a couple of years making a Guy Ritchie film or two, maybe a season of Strictly to raise his profile, then once K2 are out of the way he'll make his much vaunted comeback.

The only stumbling block could be that Wlad could carry on for at least another five or six years...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 11 Oct 2011, 12:09 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Problem is Manos, will Haye take either of those fights and make an effort to prove he still wants the HW crown and secondly, would he get any credit for beating Adamek as the public's perception will be Haye is simply feeding off Vitali's leftovers.

I think he should have beaten at least one of these guys on the way up or made one defence against them as champion. I dont the the public will ever think Haye is as good as a Klitschko at this stage unless he beats one of them but beating someone like Povetkin would be as good a preparation as is available and would go some way to towards repairing his support.

If his ultimate goal was to beat a Klitschko I think most fans would prefer he fought a contender or two first. As Colonial Lion mentioned above, his only real selling point for jumping back into a Klitschko fight is that his toe was injured and that Klitschko failed on his promise to knock him out. Its not exactly going to convince fans anything will be different. But fans of all sports are fickle and were Haye to beat somebody like Povetkin in impressive fashion I think there would be a swell in support again and more goodwill.

I think he would get credit for beating some ranked contenders, not nearly as much as beating a Klitschko mind, but I dont think theres many out there that will give him credit for beating a Klitschko unless he actually goes and does it. Even a more a credible losing effort where he is seen to leave it all in the ring would do wonders for his image as I still think there is a feeling among fans that he just surrendered rather than went down fighting.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Tue 11 Oct 2011, 12:29 pm

He is like Mayweather, he really has no love for the sport. Liked the money and adulation.

He talks often about not ending up like Holyfield.

He was not the best heavy of this era, everyone now knows that is Wlad, so Haye might as well retire with his millions and not risk further brain injury.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 11 Oct 2011, 12:29 pm

Real pity Haye is not willing to take on the likes of Povetkin and a couple of the other guys out there. Am firmly of the opinion he will never have the beating of either brother but no reason anyone else in the division should be beyond him.

Personally feel that in the future we may come to regard the brothers a little kinder than we do now and so from a legacy point of view Haye may find establishing himself as the best of the rest is not too shabby, particularly for a former cruiser but at the minute whilst some people may consider him the best of the chasing pack he has done little to put this past doubt in the only place that matters.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 11 Oct 2011, 12:35 pm

so Haye might as well retire with his millions and not risk further brain injury.

Wasn't aware he had any brain injury?!

Shame he'll be remembered for having a massive gob but when push to came to shove embarassed himself on the biggest stage of them all

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue 11 Oct 2011, 12:55 pm

Says in the Sun today that he has retired now. He has apparently handed in his license. I know the Sun isnt exactly the most reliable but its on the back page today.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 11 Oct 2011, 1:14 pm

Barry Mcguigans thoughts on his retirement, not overly positive.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/15258569.stm

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 11 Oct 2011, 1:18 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
so Haye might as well retire with his millions and not risk further brain injury.

Shame he'll be remembered for having a massive gob but when push to came to shove embarassed himself on the biggest stage of them all
Broadway?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 11 Oct 2011, 1:24 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

Broadway?

Was thinking his performance on Good Morning....

(or whatever it's called now as i don't watch such tripe)

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 11 Oct 2011, 1:25 pm

Woud largely agree with McGuigan on that although it doesnt really answer the question if he thinks Haye will ever have what it takes to beat a Klitschko?

My instinct was the sniping to try get Vitali into the ring was not much more than to pad his retirement fund and upon realising that he would have to settle for much smaller figures than last time out has decided its not worth it.

But if he was serious about beating one of them then it would be bizzare to just jump back in with a proven failed gameplan. At the least a confidence boosting fight or a chance to try out an alternative gameplan on a semi decent opponent would be prefferable?

Does Haye himself think he can beat Vitali or was it merely just a shot to nothing at a last payday?

If he doesnt believe he can recapture a title then the motivation to get back in with contenders is probably not there. But if he does believe it then I think he needs proper preparation rather than an immediate return fixture.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 11 Oct 2011, 2:17 pm

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12183_7235398,00.html

All very odd.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue 11 Oct 2011, 2:40 pm

rowley wrote:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12183_7235398,00.html

All very odd.

Very much along the lines of a schoolboy refusing to play unless he gets the centre forward position...... Does Haye have any respect for his Fan (Dave667)?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2011, 2:47 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:
rowley wrote:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,12183_7235398,00.html

All very odd.

Very much along the lines of a schoolboy refusing to play unless he gets the centre forward position...... Does Haye have any respect for his Fan (Dave667)?
Well, he hasn't been in touch Sean so I'm of the opinion that he really doesn't care about my feelings. It's all very upsetting but then apparently Bernie Boente is reported as saying he's been having talks with Haye and Booth in the past few hours about a fight with Vitali in February.

I'm confused and ever so slightly bored with it all. Wonder if Ringside will shed anymore light on the subject?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 11 Oct 2011, 2:54 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Well, he hasn't been in touch Sean so I'm of the opinion that he really doesn't care about my feelings.

Sure that is not the case Dave, suspect he has just been a bit busy.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 11 Oct 2011, 3:42 pm

Totally agree with McGuigan,I honestly thought Haye was the one to frighten the KBros to death,but he is going out with a whimper. Haye got a lot of peoples backs up leading up to the fight (certainly not mine I enjoyed the patter) but to promise so much and deliver nothing surely he can't be happy leaving the sport like this.
He can't think much of the fans who paid hard earned cash to support him in Germany, shameful.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue 11 Oct 2011, 4:52 pm

I feel sorry for him having to quit at the top of his game due to that toe injury.

Maybe he should start a charity dedicated to helping boxers with poorly little toe's so no further fighters have to go through the misery he went through.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Tue 11 Oct 2011, 4:59 pm

he's making it public that he's not renewing his licence so Vitali hears about it.

i dont understand the stick he gets. i quite like the trash talk. the only time he didnt back it up was against one of the best heavyweights in history - yes i did just say that. Wladimir would wipe the floor with many of the 'greats' who are far too small to trouble him. He wont go down as an all time great because of his style and lack of competition.

but haye, who is a blown up cruiserweight is still the best heavyweight out there thats not a klitbro.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next