The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lesnar: One more match with WWE?

+7
The Awesome Giz
liverbnz
talkingpoint
sodhat
ncfc_Tooze
Crimey
ADMIN
11 posters

Go down

Lesnar: One more match with WWE? Empty Lesnar: One more match with WWE?

Post by ADMIN Wed 12 Oct 2011, 12:23 am

I mentioned it on a thread the other day about Austin backing out of putting Lesnar over and it seems Lesnar isn't one to forget it either...

Wrestler turned mixed martial artist Brock Lesnar says in an interview with ESPN.com that he expects to wrestle one more match for WWE.

"I think I will. I think under the right circumstances I will," he responds to Jon Robinson's query regarding one final WWE match. "I think if Vince McMahon and I were able to sit down at the same dinner table and break some bread that we could come up with some kind of game plan. At the end of the day, I'm an ultimate fighter. That's who I am and that's who I'll always be. I was an entertainer but at the end of the day, I'm still as real as it gets. I think a lot of things have to fall in the right places for something like that to happen."

Lesnar is asked who he would like to wrestle of talent he never had a match with; he responds "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

"Ironically it's probably the guy that walked out on me. The guy that took his ball and went home. A guy that I was supposed to face and I think that he was just plain downright scared to get in the ring with me because he was one of those guys that was on top and saw a huge threat in Brock Lesnar at the time. That's "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. I worked with everybody and anybody that was anybody there and if I came back, I think the guy that I would come back to fight is "Stone Cold" Steve Austin."

Rumors surfaced last year about Lesnar possibly facing The Undertaker at WrestleMania. He comments on how the match would have been like.

"I was a true wrestler. I was a Division I national champion. I came into the business wanting one thing and one thing only, and that was to be the champion, and I wasn't going to let anybody stand in my way. I think there was one guy that had a problem with that and that was Undertaker. If I were to have gotten in the ring with him I would have ripped his arm off and f------ beat him with it."

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Lesnar: One more match with WWE? Empty Re: Lesnar: One more match with WWE?

Post by Crimey Wed 12 Oct 2011, 6:38 am

Well the rumours are that Paul Heyman and Brock managed to get him into the WWE '12 game as a Legend, so I wonder whether they had an agreement of sorts that Brock would have one more match. I would have thought Austin would be far too old by the time Lesnar is done with UFC.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 12 Oct 2011, 8:52 am

confirmation brock is in the new game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfppdfdOo6k

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:09 am

Seems a bit bitter towards Austin, but if the story is to be believed, I don't know why. It would have been a cheap victory and Austin saw that and wanted to do it right, by building it and giving it legitimacy...

I personally don't care if he comes back or has one last match. He isn't a legend of the sport to me, he is a guy who had a couple of big years and left to do something else. Longevity is important and he didn't have that.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 12 Oct 2011, 9:55 am

If his career in the UFC goes south then he'll probably be open to returning to the WWE - his next fight is at UFC 141 in December against Alistair Overeem who is a top kickboxer who has fought in K1, Pride and Strikeforce. The winner will automatically become the next No.1 contender for the UFC heavyweight title. If Brock wins he'll be focussed on becoming the heavyweight champ again. If he loses some people might want to see a rematch with either Carwin or Mir but he may choose to re-open negotiations with the WWE. Typically in the UFC fighters are dropped from the roster after losing 3 in a row. Even if that were to happen, Brock still makes $$$ for them so Dana may be less willing to get rid of him, but nevertheless he won't be thrown into another title fight for a while. Anyway I can't see a return match being at anything other than Wrestle Mania and as WM28 already has Cena v Rock lined up for the main event he would have to wait until WM29 in 2013 at the earliest. By then we'll know for certain which way his UFC career is going.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:00 am

Lesnar is a draw (to use wrestling parlance) for UFC, so I can see why they position him at the top of their HW division, but I think they may have matched him a little tough with Overeem... I'd have thought they'd ease him back in a little, and get him a comeback win before testing him with the best fighters.

I've always thought that after MMA he'd come back to wrestling, but I'm not too sure now. He seems very stubborn and to come back to wrestling may feel like an exercise in 'crawling back' that he won't do.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:36 am

For someone that 'was an entertainer' he seems to be constantly in character. Either that or he is a bellend.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by The Awesome Giz Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:58 am

Lesnar has always been saying what he thinks, after his fight with Mir he decided it would be good to get the whole crowd to boo him like hell and was very disrespectful. Hes always been like that, partly because no one has the nerve to say it to him.

He comes across as a bellend though.

Apparently he hates interviews and promoting, and is a very private guy, he has a funny way of showing it. The only wrestler he was jealous of was Kane, since he had a mask.

The Awesome Giz

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:59 am

sodhat - I think it is more that he wouldn't want to do the constant travelling etc. If he was to return I think it would be on some kind of limited schedule that the WWE now seem willing to implement.

On an unrelated note, if they are now willing to do limited returns then potentially Kurt Angle?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Wed 12 Oct 2011, 11:09 am

JoshSansom wrote:sodhat - I think it is more that he wouldn't want to do the constant travelling etc. If he was to return I think it would be on some kind of limited schedule that the WWE now seem willing to implement.

On an unrelated note, if they are now willing to do limited returns then potentially Kurt Angle?

You'd assume he'd be clean if he's trying for the Olympics, so it's more likely than before. I think he has recently extended with TNA however, so it could be that he is retired by the time that WWE would make a move.

I can see more and more wrestlers working limited schedules in the future as a way to keep stars around while they are in the process of building new ones.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 12 Oct 2011, 1:06 pm

I read that Kurt said he would never go back to the WWE and that as long as he wrestles he will stay with TNA. However he also said his major passion was now acting as he has shares in a film company and he has recently been in the film 'The Warrior'. However where this desire to compete in the Olympics again has come from I don't know?!

Regarding the Overeem fight I'm still undecided as to who has the worst deal - Lesnar or Overeem? Overeem is an experienced fighter who could potentially rival Cain or JDS but it is his UFC debut. Both fighters will have a lot to prove - Brock in regaining his title and Overeem that he is a world class heavyweight that belongs in the UFC. At the moment I'd give it to Overeem but you never know...

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by boomdangle Wed 12 Oct 2011, 1:12 pm

His book is quite a good read, there was lots of trouble with him leaving WWF so dont think it is arrogance at returning as it would be a pay day. just more a you burned me once i wont jump through hoops for you again.

As for his fight with Overeem (which i think he will take the Win) even if he doesnt he is such a marketing tool that he wont be cut regardless of outcome.

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 12 Oct 2011, 1:18 pm

I agree that he won't just be cut from the roster but will he be motivated to continue fighting without being in contention for the heavyweight title? Brock doesn't strike me as a patient person who will be happy working his way up the rankings. He was fast tracked to the title anyway after only his second UFC fight (if I'm not mistaken). At the moment you have Cain and JDS, then there's Overeem (if he beats Brock) and Mir (if he beats Big Nog). If Brock loses to Overeem then I can only see him being offered rematches against the likes of Carwin or Mir. Of course this could all be academic if he beats Overeem in December.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 12 Oct 2011, 1:36 pm

I read Lesnar's interview, not with ESPN though and he did say if everything fell into place he'd be interested in working with the WWE again, I took that as an admission that he may not be healthy enough to last much longer in UFC, if Lesnar was willing to work with WWE again I doubt it would be more than 30 TV/PPV dates per year with maybe one tour (UK)

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 12 Oct 2011, 1:40 pm

It's a shame that Swagger's stock isn't higher at present in WWE, after he lost the World title they briefly ran with an intense angle to Swagger and if they'd have continued in that vein he'd have been a decent opponent to go up against a returning Brock. Similar build, weight and background, I reckon those pair could have worked well together.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 12 Oct 2011, 1:50 pm

I see what you're getting at but I think it would have to be John Cena although if Heyman came back with him CM Punk would be an interesting opponent

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 12 Oct 2011, 1:59 pm

Imagine Brock getting the you can't see me sign and then the AA from Cena!!! That would be cringeworthy in the extreme for me.

Brock v CM Punk could be interesting - build Brodus Clay up as a monster over 2012 and then have Lesnar break his streak! That would be cool, if a little damaging to Clay (unless he beat him in the rematch).

If Taker was fit enough for a big WM match with Brock then that would be great but I doubt Taker would be in a fit state to work with Brock in another year or two's time. Then there's Sheamus but not sure who would be heel who would be face in that feud?

I can't imagine him facing Orton or Del Rio - I just can't picture it!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 12 Oct 2011, 2:12 pm

I could see Orton facing him to be fair, it would be a far better match than Cena, I also think it would be a lot more believable

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MIG Wed 12 Oct 2011, 2:37 pm

I haven't seen any of Brocks UFC/MMA (whatever it is) fights. Can someone point me in the right direction of the best one to watch on youtube?

I would love him to comeback, for one match or permanently.

MIG
Sheep Champ
Sheep Champ

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 12 Oct 2011, 3:12 pm

MMA is the sport and the UFC is the promotion (MMA's equivilent to the WWE in terms of size and success).

Youtube is not a good place to see UFC fights as it's usually all just promo videos or dodgy handheld camera recordings of the PPV. Your best bet is to try google for UFC streams.

But basically Brock gained a reputation for his vicious ground 'n' pound finishes - he would use either his wrestling or striking and get the person to the ground where he would just pummel their heads into the mat with vicious hammer fists. Here's an ESPN highlight of how he beat Randy Courture at UFC 91

However his fight with Shane Carwin (who has a reputation for being a KO artist) exposed Brock's weaknesses and although he won the fight in the second round as Carwin was suffering from fatigue he developed a reputation for being afraid of getting hit. For a big, powerful guy Brock doesn't react well to getting punched by other heavyweights. In his last fight against Cain Valesquez he basically received his own medicine so to speak when Cain stuffed his take down attempt and then caught him with some counter punches sending him retreating across the Octagon until Cain finished the fight by ground and pound.

Brock is fast and powerful but whether he has improved as a mixed martial artist we'll have to wait and see when he faces Overeem at UFC 141.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down