The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 Fights I'd like to see happen in 2012

+7
coxy0001
Waingro
Union Cane
Scottrf
Sugar Boy Sweetie
BALTIMORA
cave_man_KO
11 posters

Go down

3 Fights I'd like to see happen in 2012 Empty 3 Fights I'd like to see happen in 2012

Post by cave_man_KO Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:39 pm

Looking ahead, most of our elite fighters are already booked in for their next bout, and Im going to put out what I would like to see from a british perspective on 2012:

1) Carl Froch vs Lucien Bute

After a thrilling stoppage of Andre Ward to claim the super 6 late in the 11th being behind on the cards, Carl takes on Bute in Nottingham after bute scores a close, somewhat contentious points win over Glen Johnson. All the titles on the line, in what Carl has said will probably be his last fight at SMW, although there are rumours of rematches with the fit again Andre Dirrel and Mikkel Kessler.

2) Amir Khan vs Tim Bradley

After coming through a tougher than expected debut ww encounter with Matthew Hatton with a points victory, Amir Khan signs to take on Tim Bradley in a fight that should have taken place at 140. Tim returned to coast to an easy win on Manny vs Marquez undercard, and although rumoured to be next in line to face the filipino icon, that has been cast aside due to the mega match with mayweather (we can hope). Geneuine bad blood between the two. Khan calls Bradley a ducker and a chicken and claims he "should be fighting on my undercards."

3) Ricky Burns vs Kevin Mitchell

After a potential bout with Katsidis fell through due to injury, Ricky has opted for a mouthwatering domestic tear up with world ranked Kevin Mitchell in an eliminator for a fight with Juan Manuel Marquez. Kevin once again rabbits on about how we is on the straight and narrow not hanging around east end pubs boozing all day. An unusually outspoken Ricky has spoken of his desire to become the number one figher in the LW division, starting on his front doorstep with mitchell, followed with Marquez and still fancies a dance with katsidis.

Outcomes:

Froch vs Bute : FROCH WINS BY KO - repeated blows to the romanian born champion take effect, his bod work has been ineffective and he is not defensively good enough to deal with frochs movement and range and combos. Froch wears the durable opponent down in a dominant victory.

Khan vs Bradley: Khan on points in a bout that sees both men hit the deck. Calls for a rematch from the bradley camp who feel they did enough for the decision, but Amir's busier start got him the nod.

Burns vs Mitchell: Burns wins by KO over a game kevin mitchell who it becomes clear is just off world class level ability. Ricky burns get's worlwide recognition after this impressive display and calls for the MArquez fight gather pace.

Just a fantasy scenario to get stuck in to...

Do you see these happening? if so, how do they go?

cave_man_KO

Back to top Go down

3 Fights I'd like to see happen in 2012 Empty Re: 3 Fights I'd like to see happen in 2012

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:42 pm

Don't see any of these anytime soon.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

3 Fights I'd like to see happen in 2012 Empty Re: 3 Fights I'd like to see happen in 2012

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:20 pm

Froch to beat Bute on points - frochs power hasn't really carried to world level, but he's a better fighter with a higher workrate.

Bradley to stop khan late on. Bradley is quick, strong and aggressive up close - khan cannot cope with pressure, and although Bradley isn't a massive puncher I foresee khan wilting and taking one too many before being stopped. If this fight happens now it'll be at 147.

Totally disagree on this. Burns has no power at 130 so I don't see him KOing anyone at 135. Mitchell is more skilful and a harder puncher - although burns has a decent chin. Mitchell took out Murray who is a much bigger LW than burns, I think he'd take burns on points.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:22 pm

I'd prefer Gamboa vs Lopez to Mitchell vs Burns to be honest. Mitchell beats Burns.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by cave_man_KO Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:34 pm

I meant from a british poitn of view.

I'd also really like David Price to step up in class, he is imo the leading domestic heavyweight and has by far and away the most potential to go all the way to world level

cave_man_KO

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:34 pm

Fury vs Dimitrenko?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:36 pm

Wasp vs Spider

Great White vs Saltwater Crocodile

Grizzly Bear vs Polar Bear

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:36 pm

Froch would absolutley destroy Bute imo

Bradley v Khan would be close

Mitchell would KO Burns but there is a danger he would not be fully focused lets not forget Katsidas beat him when Mitchell had not been training properly

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:37 pm

Whistle

Last edited by Union Cane on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:44 pm

Union Cane wrote:Wasp v Grasshopper II

You the man Union!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:47 pm

Whistle

Last edited by Union Cane on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:48 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Union Cane wrote:Wasp v Grasshopper II

You the man Union!

**correction**

It was a European Hornet, Union. Please pay attention.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:50 pm

I had just had that same realisation myself.

Let's pretend that didn't happen.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:50 pm

European Hornet vs Grasshopper II
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:52 pm

Union Cane wrote:European Hornet vs Grasshopper II

You the man Union!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:53 pm

Well the first was a classic, FotY contender for sure.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:55 pm

Union Cane wrote:Well the first was a classic, FotY contender for sure.

Think you will find Manny vs Mosley was fight of the year.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:57 pm

rowley wrote:

Suggest you stick to music then jeff.

Both the European Hornet and Grasshopper were in their PRIME. There has been a suggestion that the Grasshopper was asked to come in 2 lbs under the weight limit, but I have not had that confirmed yet.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:57 pm

Wasp vs Spider - close but well worked ko for the wasp

Great White vs Saltwater Crocodile - 1st round KO for the Great White

Grizzly Bear vs Polar Bear - Polar bear wins vis SD

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:05 pm

rowley wrote:

Both the European Hornet and Grasshopper were in their PRIME. There has been a suggestion that the Grasshopper was asked to come in 2 lbs under the weight limit, but I have not had that confirmed yet.

Ah but Tino, are you a blinkered fan of European Hornets? Because only last month you were saying that the Grasshopper was shot, that his speed had gone.

Has he been taking age reducing drugs or something?

Never write off a great Grasshopper though.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:07 pm

rowley wrote:

Wish I could Tina but alas some people insist on talking about boxing rather than slightly obscure number ones from the 80s and 90s.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:26 pm

No way a great white beats a saltie. Salties have been training for years on tiger sharks and what's the great white done? Feasted on a few surfers and learnt the cello!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:27 pm

superflyweight wrote:No way a great white beats a saltie. Salties have been training for years on tiger sharks and what's the great white done? Feasted on a few surfers and learnt the cello!
Joker.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down