The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NXT Season 4 Finale - SPOILERS

4 posters

Go down

NXT Season 4 Finale - SPOILERS Empty NXT Season 4 Finale - SPOILERS

Post by Legend Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:43 pm

Johnny Curtis was revealed as the winner of WWE NXT Season 4 on Tuesday night's episode. Curtis and his Pro, R-Truth, are now in line for a future Tag Title shot.

In another surprising result, Curtis beat out runner-up Brodus Clay to claim the latest NXT Season. Curtis also outlasted NXT favorite Derrick Bateman on last week's episode.

WWE also confirmed there will be a fifth season of NXT beginning next week. WWE did not reveal Rookie and Pro pairings for the next season, but advertised it will be "unlike any other season."

The following is a look at the NXT winners through four seasons comprising one year of the NXT show. 

Season 1 winner - Wade Barrett
Season 2 winner - Kaval (Released)
Season 3 winner - Kaitlyn (Released (back to FCW))
Season 4 winner - Johhny Curtis
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

NXT Season 4 Finale - SPOILERS Empty Re: NXT Season 4 Finale - SPOILERS

Post by theanimal316 Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:22 am

Can someone please explain to me. How does the WWE use NXT? I guess all these wrestlers are from developmental territories, do the WWE know before the show which ones are going to go on Raw or Smackdown, or do they see how they perform on NXT?
I'll give an example, Daniel Bryan went out pretty early in Season 1, but is now US champ. KAval wins season 2, and is shortly future endeavoured.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:46 am

Johnny Curtis needed to win this, because regardless of the outcome the best 3 from this season of NXT are Derrick Bateman, Brodus Clay, and the rise and rise of Ricardo Rodriguez.

Johnny Curtis may be good enough technically, but on the mic he's not great, shouting "Whats up" with R-Truth might not be enough to save him either, but at least he's been given the chance.

Animal, I don't think the WWE knows who will win from the start, but I do think they influence the results of the eliminations, based on their thoughts from seeing them perform on WWE TV.

Season 1 lasted a lot longer than season's 2, 3 and 4, so don't read too much into Daniel Bryan leaving the show early.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:49 am

They always had plan for Daniel Bryan to be successful in WWE, him finishing last was just part of the storyline. If you remember, everyone from the first season appeared on Raw as part of Nexus, but slowly disbanded to different parts of the WWE. Conversely, there is currently no one on either roster from season 3.

As for the second season: Kaval was released, Husky Harris & Michael McGillicutty were both punt kicked by Orton and most recently Alex Riley was kayfabe fired
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:03 am

I really liked the idea of the first NXT, but have no idea why they are running it continuously, sure one NXT per year would give the rookies a far better chance of making it on the main roster?

Any ideas what the plans are for A-Ri, is he thought of highy? I rate him, I just can't decide if he would make a better heel or face. I could see him getting over as a likeable dumb jock character, acting a bit goofy. Liek the way they tried to do with Jackie Boy, think A-RI could pull this off better

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Legend Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:01 am

The majority of 606v2 wrestling fans think A Ri will be the special guest ref in the Cole v Lawler match at WM. I dont know what would happen after that though...
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:53 am

I think as a special guest referee he would be a bit disappointing. Surely JR is nailed on as guest referee? Would make sense after the abuse he has taken from Cole, the match could end with Cole getting beat down by JR. Think that would get a pretty decent pop.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex-Express Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:39 am

Animal Cole gets to pick the guest ref unlikely he would choose JR

Lex-Express

Location : I like coffee, vanilla icecream and smokewheel pizza

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down