The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stewards

3 posters

Go down

Stewards Empty Stewards

Post by The Special Juan Wed 12 Oct 2011, 2:35 pm

I'd like to pick up a good point made by MB and DC during the race commentary on Sunday.

Surely we need the same stewards on the stewards panel every race for the sake of fairness in the handing out (or not handing out) of punishments? I agree with having an ex-driver on the panel, however I think it should be the same driver every race, or at least for 5 races at a time.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Stewards Empty Re: Stewards

Post by Guest Wed 12 Oct 2011, 3:14 pm

Yes I thought about that but then I realised something. Nigel Mansell who has been probably one of Lewis Hamilton's biggest critics since joining f1 has been a steward, think if he became a permanent steward for the season? There would be outrage as soon as the first 'harsh' or controversial punishment was given against Lewis by Nigel. You cant have the same stewards because they are 'human beings' and they have feelings and ultimately favourite drivers that they enjoy watching. I just dont understand the 'inconsistant' punishments race after race, its embarrasing. It's not because the stewards are changing race by race because surely they have a notebook or rulebook about all kinds of offences with the relevant punishments. I dont know what the answer is quite frankly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 12 Oct 2011, 5:09 pm

That's a very good point. It's hard to find neutrals to steward races. Niki Lauda has something against Hamilton too so he wouldn't be too useful. Maybe someone like Ted Kravitz, who knows F1 inside out, would do a better job than most of the stewards.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 13 Oct 2011, 3:28 pm

Its the fact that different stewards are used for each race that makes me think theres something going on in the higher echelons of the FIA.

Especially when you see things like the Schumacher / Perez shunt go unpunished.

Then again, maybe ALL the stewards hate Hamilton? Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:17 pm

There is inconsistency in decisions in every single sport, mainly because every incident is different from the previous. You could have the same stewards at every race but it wouldn't mean much of a change in the "fairness" of distributed penalties imo because every incident is different and has to be taken at face value. They can often go either way but if you break the rules expect a penalty.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down