The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

stewards f1 in general

4 posters

Go down

stewards f1 in general Empty stewards f1 in general

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:27 am

Why is this season continually being spoiled by ridiculous (comment by di resta) & frickin' joke (hamilton) stewardship? I mean I watched formula 1 during the 90's where the drivers were actually allowed to race but today drivers who are aggressive such as hamilton are being unfairly treated and in my opinion held back by ludicrous steward punishments. I mean your not even allowed (it seems) to overtake another driver on the track unless its in the stupid DRS zone where the quality of overtaking has been diminished and the quantity has sky rocketed. If senna has been driving in todays formula 1 he would be DNF every race, its a joke. these drivers are paid millions every year and they are not being allowed to show off their skills and speed with the threat of a punishment. F1 is so safety conscious these days it is embarrasing. Also Niki Lauda should be ashamed of himself for calling hamilton what he did. its like all these ex drivers and fans just want vettel to win the title and no1 is allowed to race or challenge him aggressively. Another point is that f1 really does not contain the world best 24 drivers i keep hearing. Kimi and kubica and hamilton are racers and no wonder kimi left for a new challenge and thrill.

Back to top Go down

stewards f1 in general Empty Re: stewards f1 in general

Post by tso4karma Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:38 am

The problem is when you have ex drivers as Steward you would have problems, its like Asking Alain Prost to look at an incident that involves a Ferrari and McLaren? look at what Damon Hill did to Schumacher.. They should train up Stewards or get ex Nascar or Touring Car drivers as Steward... but ex F1 Drivers as Stewards no chance they would always be bias!!!
tso4karma
tso4karma

http://fatloss4idiots.com/?hop=zebra2inc

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:10 am

What annoys me is the inconsistency of the stewards.

1) For example Michael has been involved in a lot of 'incidents' this season and hasn't been to the stewards or penalised. The same can't be said for Hamilton, Di Resta etc

2) Last year at Australia and Singapore, Webber took out Hamilton, nothing was done.

3) Vettel took out Webber and Button and served a drive through and that was it

4) Vettel overtook Button whilst leaving the track, nothing was done.

5) Hamilton gets punished for Alonso crashing into him

6) Hamilton gets punished in Monaco meanwhile Sutil and Kobayashi escape.

7) Massa blocks Hamilton and Schumacher in qualifying and gets away with it

8 ) Massa and Alonso lie to stewards over team order gate and get an insignificant penalty.

9 ) Ferrari does another media day and tests new parts and hey ho, they are on the pace but get away with it again.

I could go on but it beggars belief. Consistency is required from the stewards and we are not getting it

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:36 am

allessandro ciabatta listen to yourself!! you call yourself a die hard f1 fan and alonso fanatic, yet you complain about a driver racing too fast. I dont understand some people. ITS CALLED MOTOR RACING! drivers racing for a world title driving at high speed, risking their personal safety in order to win a WDC and go down in history! f1 last year was great! this year suddenly with the DRS introduced a load of stupid fans have started watching and just jump on the hamilton hating bandwagon. F1 has turned into safety conscious sport which is embarrasing. Yes i understand the danger of the sport but the imrpovements in car safety, track layout and enhanced technology have reduced the danger in the sport considerably (thts y senna was the last to die - major improvement since) SO having understood this, lets see the racing driver (yes i said racing drivers) actually race each other. If they contact each other then so be it, its motor racing that happens, dont lets ruin it by handing out immediate punishments for slight contact left right and centre. ludicrous!!! without hamilton in the sport it would be a much duller and processional display. why is it every race the camera is fixated on hamilton onboard????? dont hate a driver who actually wants to race and put on a show for you (yes you the viewer)!, unlike the other 15+ drivers who in my opinion should not be in f1 (sutil, heidfeld, alguesuari etc). Hamilton makes moves but to call them dangerous and that he could get someone killed is ridiculous. Your sayin his move on massa in monaco was going to kill someone! DO ME A FAVOUR! You along with Niki Lauda should be ashamed of yourselves for hating on hamilton a former world champion who has entertainted everyone over the last 5 years. Of course we all know y u dislike lewis cos he single handely beat bella fernando and then fernando threw his toys out the pram boo!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:38 am

yes and then you delete your comment....well done allesandro! Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Alessandro Ciambella Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:09 am

I conplain about drivers racing to hard!?

No. I complain about drivers who have disrespect towards others existence on the grid. You can't drive round crashing into others and then try to wash it aside as an incident. If that's the case, why do people still moan about 1994, Damon Hill and Schumacher?

Drivers risking their own lives?

Exactly, and the last thing you need is some rookie like driving to come smashing through your side pod. You would not expect it on the motorway, so why would you find it acceptable on the race track.

Many great drivers have campaigned for better safety in F1 because they have lost friends and colleagues during the early years of the sport. Seeing Hamilton drive the way he is at the moment brings back terrible memory's to these respected hall of fame drivers. At the moment, none of these drivers would want Hamilton on the grid in their day. The tracks were challenging enough without the poor judgement of his driving at the moment.
Alessandro Ciambella
Alessandro Ciambella

Back to top Go down

Post by Belgarion of Riva Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:16 am

I see where you are coming from Alessandro. Hamilton indeed needs to curb his enthusiasm and pick the right moments to overtake. However I applaud him for his overtakes as he takes his colleagues unawares and makes for an interesting spectacle. I guess the unpredictability of his overtakes catches out other drivers as well, a key component of his talent.

I fully support the campaign for better safety in F1, I just hope Alonso will respect yellow flags in the future as well as not ask team mates to crash into walls, thereby endangering his team mates life as well as other drivers just to get a race win.

A true racer wins races on merit, not on team orders, crashgate, etc.

Cheers

Belgarion of Riva

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:25 am

Belgarion of Riva wrote:What annoys me is the inconsistency of the stewards.

1) For example Michael has been involved in a lot of 'incidents' this season and hasn't been to the stewards or penalised. The same can't be said for Hamilton, Di Resta etc

2) Last year at Australia and Singapore, Webber took out Hamilton, nothing was done.

3) Vettel took out Webber and Button and served a drive through and that was it

4) Vettel overtook Button whilst leaving the track, nothing was done.

5) Hamilton gets punished for Alonso crashing into him

6) Hamilton gets punished in Monaco meanwhile Sutil and Kobayashi escape.

7) Massa blocks Hamilton and Schumacher in qualifying and gets away with it

8 ) Massa and Alonso lie to stewards over team order gate and get an insignificant penalty.

9 ) Ferrari does another media day and tests new parts and hey ho, they are on the pace but get away with it again.

I could go on but it beggars belief. Consistency is required from the stewards and we are not getting it

THIS is what ive been saying all along, no wonder we Hamilton fans feel he's been treated unfairly, because it seems he is!

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down