The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who will the Irish be supporting this weekend?

+8
Shifty
mystiroakey
maestegmafia
asoreleftshoulder
red_stag
ME-109
Thomond
12 posters

Go down

Who will the Irish be supporting this weekend? Empty Who will the Irish be supporting this weekend?

Post by newbie Wed 12 Oct 2011, 4:52 pm

I am new to this site and have got bored of all the Irish supporters beating each other up over the last few days concerning the loss last weekend (look at the Postmortem thread its got the most posts than any of the others by a long shot).

So this is a vain attempt at distracting people from all the infighting (all you have to do is read the thread to understand Irish history - or not as the case may be).. angel

Anyhow I was very impressed with Wales last weekend and I think they must be favourites for Saturdays game. Their defence is rock steady and they are very fit. France upped it against England and were very controlled in the first half (they only went downhill when Yachvilli was substituted so I wonder will ML make that mistake again). Plus they were puffing a lot at the end against England even though they won comfortably.

For me as someone who lived in France and go on holidays there a lot with quite a few friends I have to admit will be supporting Les Bleus. I think it will be very tough for them but they have the ability to dominate in the forwards and slow down the Welsh ball. Like the Irish game the backrows will determine things and Bonnaire, Immanol and TD are showing signs of good form against what has been an outstanding Welsh backrow.

For Aus v NZ I am just going to sit down and enjoy this one. NZ must be favourites but must be nervous as hell against their neighbours who will be relishing this game.

Two cracking matches...

Back to top Go down

Who will the Irish be supporting this weekend? Empty Re: Who will the Irish be supporting this weekend?

Post by Thomond Wed 12 Oct 2011, 4:58 pm

Wales and NZ. Nz for family reasons. I think Irish and Welsh fans have a great repsect for eachother so going for them.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Who will the Irish be supporting this weekend? Empty Re: Who will the Irish be supporting this weekend?

Post by ME-109 Wed 12 Oct 2011, 5:03 pm

France because I like French rugby
Aus/NZ is a hard one. I wouldnt care either way. I have a feeling Aus will sneak it.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 12 Oct 2011, 5:05 pm

Wales and New Zealand by a country mile
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Wed 12 Oct 2011, 5:09 pm

Wales and NZ,I lived in Oz for a year and have since developed a dislike for them in any sport.
Wales because they're our close neighbours.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 12 Oct 2011, 5:12 pm

Yeah...I can go with that Asoreleftshoulder....after we beat them the bleating was something else...maybe I will go for NZ after all.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Wed 12 Oct 2011, 5:15 pm

I was there the 1st year England won the Ashes in something like 25 years of trying,god the arrogance coming up to it.
They were the same about International Rules and rugby,nice people otherwise but in a sporting sense I couldn't stand them.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 12 Oct 2011, 5:17 pm

My reasons:

I think Australia were extremely bad losers and I can't say they won many fans in Ireland. Also I really like this NZ team and would love to see McCaw, Henry, Carter, Muliania as world champions. They have been the greatest team in world rugby anyway - I think its only fitting that it be official.

France are unworthy World Champions - I really feel they don't give a fig about some matches - the defeats to Tonga, Italy, Australia and New Zealand over last 12 months being the key ones that come to mind. I don't like Liveremonts attitude towards his players in defeat and it seems to be a thoroughly divided squad. I would hate for them to be World Champs. Wales came through a very hard pool and beat Ireland. They have been extremely competitive in every match since the warm ups and played great rugby.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 12 Oct 2011, 5:23 pm

Funnily enough RS I disagree. I dont think you can blame the players for the vagaries of mad Marc over the last couple of years. The way he has treated some of the players has been atrocious. For the same reason you support NZ I think for players like Mas, Servat, Harinordoquay, Dusatoir, Yachvilli, Clerc and Rougerie that it would be great to see these players be World champions. I dont think you can say they didnt deserve it...but we dont all have the same high moral grounding as you do Wink

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 12 Oct 2011, 5:25 pm

Everyone deserves it DOD, just some deserve it more than others Smile

I lump the coach in with the players. Graham Henry has been an excellent coach, the players have been excellent, New Zealand have been excellent.

France's coach has been a lunatic. This has certainly impacted their players performances and they have not done France justice.

I expect France will beat Wales and lose heavily in the most one sided World Cup final to date.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 12 Oct 2011, 5:37 pm

I hope you lads know that if the result had been different last weekend we would all have been supporting you.

THanks for your kind words lads, much respect

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 12 Oct 2011, 5:41 pm

whoever wins it deserves it!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 12 Oct 2011, 5:46 pm

mystiroakey wrote:whoever wins it deserves it!

No arguments there but until there is a winner we can.only speculate.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Wed 12 Oct 2011, 7:00 pm

I hope Wales beat France, and I hope New Zealand beat Australia, though personally I think Wales would have more chance against Australia.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:27 pm

Wales just as they beat us if not them then it would have to be NZ because they desever it.
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:15 am

Wales and NZ. That would be a dream final between two countries steeped in rugby history. They've been the two best sides in the competition so far and would be deserving finalists.

I'll be supporting Wales all the way but would be happy too to see the AB's pick up a much deserved 2nd WC title.

France and Australia are more than capable of upsetting the apple cart though!
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob B Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:43 am

Who cares

Rob B

Back to top Go down

Post by Intotouch Thu 13 Oct 2011, 5:25 pm

Wales. Absolutely. Celts and near neighbours.
New Zealand because they deserve it for all the fabulous rugby they play year in, year out.

Intotouch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down