The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye - On Ringside Tonight

+19
School Project
Sugar Boy Sweetie
TopHat24/7
John Bloody Wayne
BALTIMORA
Super D Boon
JDandfries
J.Benson II
KingMonkey
cave_man_KO
Fists of Fury
Colonial Lion
tcribb
manos de piedra
coxy0001
Scottrf
Rowley
Soldier_Of_Fortune
AlexHuckerby
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Haye - On Ringside Tonight Empty Haye - On Ringside Tonight

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:02 pm

Just to tell you all Haye will be talking about his possible retirement or possible fight with Vit later on tonight.
Tune in should be interesting if he hasn't already stated...
Reckon he's retiring or no?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Haye - On Ringside Tonight Empty Re: Haye - On Ringside Tonight

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:42 pm

What day is Ringside recorded? I didn't think it was on the day.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:47 pm

To be honest am completely bored either way, if he is fighting Vitali get on with it, get his hiding and sod off into retirement, if he is retiring then just get it done. Really annoys me the thought he seems to have that fans are hanging on his every word. He has been a constant disappointment at heavyweight and should a fight with Vitali happen I would fully expect him to disappoint again, as such, beyond wishing he'd get on with it I couldn't care what he does.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:54 pm

Seems obvious the fight is on.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Wasn't he holding a presser today? Checked his website for info but i'd have found more joy trying to find out about red squirrels on it.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:00 pm

rowley wrote:To be honest am completely bored either way, if he is fighting Vitali get on with it, get his hiding and sod off into retirement, if he is retiring then just get it done. Really annoys me the thought he seems to have that fans are hanging on his every word. He has been a constant disappointment at heavyweight and should a fight with Vitali happen I would fully expect him to disappoint again, as such, beyond wishing he'd get on with it I couldn't care what he does.
God I hope he sparks Vit now...
I do agree with you he does seem to expect everybody to still be massively interested, but then again I must say I am...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:05 pm

Even if he says hes retiring/fighting Vitali does it make a difference? You cant really take his word at face value. Especiall given how adamant he was going to retire in the first place.

I think it all rests on what kind of money he can make out of the fight. Not sure he will fight Vitali for the standard challenger contract so unless he can bargain Vitali down or maybe get Sky on board again I dont think he will view it as worthwhile.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:10 pm

Think he might Manos, he knows that if by some god given miracle Vit gets old overnight and he knocks the bejesus out of him then he has another big payday against Wlad. I think it's worth the risk personally, though what Haye thinks is a different matter.

If he goes on Ringside tonight and says he's gonna decapitate Vit or whatever, I'm behind him don't know about you lot though.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:17 pm

Would prefer him to tone down on the "bums", "plums" , "boring Klitschkos" stuff myself and try and come across a bit better.

Like I said on another thread though its difficult to think that hes taking this fight on with the most serious intentions. By the time the fight actually happens Haye will be out of the ring for a minimum of 6 months and potentially as much as 9 months. I think he needs a proper fight in between to work on his approach, sharpen up and try and convince us fans that this is not merely a retirement booster and a lost cause.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:20 pm

Argh, come on gang!
Let's just all get off the skeptical train and aboard the hype train! it's so much more fun!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:24 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Argh, come on gang!
Let's just all get off the skeptical train and aboard the hype train! it's so much more fun!

Sorry Alex much prefer my seat on the cynicism train.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:25 pm

But that requires so much effort, ignorance is bliss trust me!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:23 pm

Maybes if he wears red gloves instead on those matching multi colored daft silly ones he'll fare better!

In all seriousness absolutely bored to tears of him, a terrible reign and must be mentioned as one the worst belt holders in the modern era.

Vitali will marmalise him, that bit I'll enjoy. The months of my powers frightening, im in unbelievable shape look at my muscles, if it wasn't for my toe, Vitali is slow and boring which will take place in the months beforehand I won't, I hope he retires and gets off the sodden tv box.

tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:25 pm

Funny thing is, who won't buy this on PPV?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:26 pm

tcribb wrote:Maybes if he wears red gloves instead on those matching multi colored daft silly ones he'll fare better!

In all seriousness absolutely bored to tears of him, a terrible reign and must be mentioned as one the worst belt holders in the modern era.
Rolling Eyes

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:32 pm

coxy0001 wrote:Funny thing is, who won't buy this on PPV?

funny enough me, you maybe tempted by morons I'm not, 15 quid to watch a man who can't slip a jab no thanks,
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:34 pm

tcribb wrote:

funny enough me, you maybe tempted by morons I'm not, 15 quid to watch a man who can't slip a jab no thanks,

How many times did you buy a Hatton fight can i ask?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:35 pm

A large number of the casual fans that he managed to get on board the first time probably. You may be right that hardcore boxing fans, especially in Britain and Europe will be unable to resist, but between the a drop in the U.S audience and the casual fan I would imagine the fight will be much less profitable.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:38 pm

[quote="coxy0001"]
tcribb wrote:

How many times did you buy a Hatton fight can i ask?[/quote

Ricky didn't potshot and flummox about like a nitwit did he?

Hatton far more skilled than Haye, could apply pressure and fight and his pace, I'm not judging him on the Pacquaio fight.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:41 pm

[quote="tcribb"]
coxy0001 wrote:
tcribb wrote:

Hatton far more skilled than Haye, could apply pressure and fight and his pace, I'm not judging him on the Pacquaio fight.

No, you said he couldn't slip a jab so won't be buying. But were then happy to buy a Hatton fight.

Should've given further reasoning rather than making sweeping statements, please learn from this in future!

And in terms of being a skilled fighter, Haye has the amateur pedigree and isn't a wild brawler who takes punches for fun. Technically he's far better than Hatton, not quite sure how you've come up with such a bizarre statement. Problem is for Haye he's up against 2 guys a level above him, he'd dominate the division barring those 2 in my eyes.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:42 pm

tcribb, can't slip a jab? He slipped most of wlads...just a shame that that's all he did.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:00 pm

Anyone got a link to the Hatton/Pacman fight? I think in the great pantheon of "fighting like a nitwit" moments, that one ranks right up there!

Back to top Go down

Post by cave_man_KO Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:14 am

After his performance against wlad, arguably the biggest sporting let down in recent times given the cr@p he was spouting before, I wouldnt be surprised if he quits.

For 2 reasons:

1) He doesnt geniuinely believe he has a shot of winning

2) he's just a bottler.

Both can be applied IMO, as dissapoitned as I am to say it

cave_man_KO

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:45 am

Hatton is more skilled than Haye? Wow. The things you learn on here....

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:09 am

[quote="coxy0001"]
tcribb wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
tcribb wrote:

His better skilled than Hatton, on what basis ?

Just because Hatton didn't do the Ali shuffle didn't mean the guy wasn't skilled and talented, he was the main man at 140 and made fighters fight at his pace and applied educated pressure, dragging guys into his fight, that is a skill my friend, have a look at Henry Armstrong try telling many he wasn't skilled.

Haye wasn't extremely skilled wild with his his punches, no fluency or work rate, was extremely powerful with speed but he has no subtly in his punches whatsoever, Hatton a far better fighter all round, it's amazing many remember Ricky for that shambolic performance against Pacquaio, but he'll be ranked as much better fighter than Haye.

Slipping the jab Fists is avoiding it and putting yourself in a position to counter, Haye can't do that he doesn't parry punches that's why he'll never beat a Klitschko or any heavyweight with a strong jab, he becomes awfully predictable.

No, you said he couldn't slip a jab so won't be buying. But were then happy to buy a Hatton fight.

Should've given further reasoning rather than making sweeping statements, please learn from this in future!

And in terms of being a skilled fighter, Haye has the amateur pedigree and isn't a wild brawler who takes punches for fun. Technically he's far better than Hatton, not quite sure how you've come up with such a bizarre statement. Problem is for Haye he's up against 2 guys a level above him, he'd dominate the division barring those 2 in my eyes.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:11 am

KingMonkey wrote:Hatton is more skilled than Haye? Wow. The things you learn on here....

Yes he is, please define skill for me ?

seems like you modern chaps get blinded by skill if a fighter wears sparkling shots and does a little dance in the ring, I watch the boxing not the pre fights drama.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:16 am

Ricky had plenty of skills no doubt about it but I'd have Haye down as a far more talented fighter. The fact is, ultimately Haye had to fight an excellent boxer who was far too big for him, he ran out of ideas on the night. I'd wager that Haye would beat any fighter his own size, it's a shame though he doesn't seem to want to take on the likes of Povetkin, Arreola and Adamek, those would be good fights.

Ricky could slip punches, get inside, apply pressure and force opponents into a brawl, I'm not doubting that but for me he was one dimensional and that cost him. **** me the bloke fought for all that time without hardly throwing a jab!!

Last edited by KingMonkey on Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:17 am

tcribb wrote:
KingMonkey wrote:Hatton is more skilled than Haye? Wow. The things you learn on here....

Yes he is, please define skill for me ?

seems like you modern chaps get blinded by skill if a fighter wears sparkling shots and does a little dance in the ring, I watch the boxing not the pre fights drama.

Is this the same Ricky hatton who wore a fat suit to the ring and had his own comedy entrance song?

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:22 am

You're trying to compare Hatton to Haye directly? Are you a complete joke?

How many guys did Hatton have to give away 6" of height and god knows how much reach to? Who he was being outweighed by 30lbs+ by?

You don't seem to acknowledge that fact. How many times did he get tagged by Wlads jab? Very few fighters have ever managed to get inside on Wlad, especially as he has had Steward give him a much different style, and before you try and say anything Wlad has one of the best jabs in boxing.

How many times did Hatton have to fight guys who carry serious pop in their jabs let alone when they let something go behind it?!?

Haye was a far better fighter technically. Why? Because he seldom got caught with punches and it seems only a stamina issue stopped him from throwing more, as when he set up a combination he usually made them count.

I don't remember Hatton flattening someone like Ruiz with one of the quickest, most technically perfect one-two combos? Not to mention Haye was going backwards as well.

Quiet time for you. And please learn to use the quote system, it's not rocket science.... oh, wait..

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:22 am

KingMonkey wrote:Ricky had plenty of skills no doubt about it but I'd have Haye down as a far more talented fighter. The fact is, ultimately Haye had to fight an excellent boxer who was far too big for him, he ran out of ideas on the night. I'd wager that Haye would beat any fighter his own size, it's a shame though he doesn't seem to want to take on the likes of Povetkin, Arreola and Adamek, those would be good fights.

Ricky could slip punches, get inside, apply pressure and force opponents into a brawl, I'm not doubting that but for me he was one dimensional and that cost him. **** me the bloke fought for all that time without hardly throwing a jab!!

He arguably got beat on pts off the worst heavyweight champion the world is ever seen, Haye hasn't got a jab.

Hatton will be by far more fondly remembered as a fighter,
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:26 am

Wlad is the worst heavyweight champion the world has ever seen? Now you're making yourself look very, very daft.

Hatton will be fondly remembered, definitely, but was he more skilled than Haye? Nah, absolutely no way.

Last edited by KingMonkey on Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:27 am; edited 1 time in total

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:27 am

King suspect he means Valuev, hence the arguably, was saying the result could have gone either way.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:27 am

Oh it's Coxy with the boasts and rather dull rants, the guy who said "Mayweather should've punched an 80 year old man and sent him to his grave early"

You're just a mindless buffoon who is like a very dull toothache who knows squiddly

I don't remember Haye flattening someone with a crunching left body hook, what's your point? Were talking about the 38 year old John Ruiz, who 90 year old Holyfield was beating up?
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:27 am

Thanks Rowley, that was the one Monkey Valuev.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:30 am

Ah yeah, fine, I see that now. Well that's up for debate, sure, but it was hardly any normal bloke now was it! He was a giant!

And we're completely disregarding Haye's Cruiserweight fights again... you know, that weight class where he took on blokes his own size and murdered them.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:31 am

I don't remember Haye flattening someone with a crunching left body hook, what's your point? Were talking about the 38 year old John Ruiz, who 90 year old Holyfield was beating up?

And you claim i know diddly? Ok, quick lesson for you.

Holyfield last fought Ruiz in 2001, at which point Holyfield was 37 and was coming off his loss to Lewis in which he was more than competitive in.

Feel free to stay quiet for a while now, if you're going to accuse people of knowing diddly you perhaps should know what you're on about.

Fact is there's comments above disagreeing with you, when you're in a tiny minority you're generally wrong.

Comprende?

Shh now.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:34 am

Oh, and what sort of prime was Castillo in and how far above his natural weight had he gone??!

What has he done since by the way?!?!?

Fact is Haye had blistering hand speed and when not fighting 2 giants could land pretty much at will when he put his punches together. Hatton was a roughhouse fighter who mauled his way to wins, that was his style and it certainly wasn't one that involved setting up attacks. I guess that's why his much vaunted head and foot movement didn't end up with him getting annhialated by the 2 boxers who he went up in level against?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:37 am

Yes Maccranelli, Harrison, Ruiz and Valuev

What an awesome C.V

tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:38 am

tcribb wrote:

Too be fair, if you refuse to judge Hatton on the Paquaio fight, than one could argue that you shouldnt judge Haye on the Klitschko fight.

Haye may have not been able to counter Wlad's jabs, but at least he wasnt using his face to block them......something Hatton would have most probably ended up doing.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:40 am

Address the point i made, don't change the arguement.

And your "knowledge" seems to have ommitted Mormeck off your list as well.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:42 am

Hatton had way the better career for me.

Hayes opposition was generally so poor it was difficult to get a measure of him. When you took away his power threat he looked pretty ordinary at times, but as has been pointed out he was giving away significant size at heavyweight which Hatton never had to do.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:44 am

coxy0001 wrote:Oh, and what sort of prime was Castillo in and how far above his natural weight had he gone??!

What has he done since by the way?!?!?

Fact is Haye had blistering hand speed and when not fighting 2 giants could land pretty much at will when he put his punches together. Hatton was a roughhouse fighter who mauled his way to wins, that was his style and it certainly wasn't one that involved setting up attacks. I guess that's why his much vaunted head and foot movement didn't end up with him getting annhialated by the 2 boxers who he went up in level against?

Haye has hardly covered himself in glory when he stepped up a level has he??

Valuev I will give him, although he got teh decision it was hardly anything other than hit an run, hardly skillful against a guy who has a turning circle the same size a the QE2.

The other cans he knocked over in heavies were laughable, even Ruiz who was at least 5 years past it, and not much even in his prime; the farce against Britains Olympic Heavyweight Champion kinda sums Haye up for me.

And then we have his effort against Wlad, whta the hell was that exactly?? Audley, Fury etc would have given more.

Skill isnt defined just by looking flash and having quick hands, Hatton despit his crude style, was certainly an equal if not more in terms of ability than Haye, who IMO flattered to decieve

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:47 am

What's the argument Coxy?

Holyfield should've got the decision in the 3rd fight against Ruiz a whole 2 years after fighting Lewis and Haye beats him 9 years later ! I guess those figures speak for themselves.

mormeck was a good victory but your argument is Haye was more skilled than Hatton doesn't have any substance, he he throw a lovely one two and had speed ? The fact is Hatton was a much more well rounded fighter, I don't believe the hype Haye was this extremely talented guy, I got sick of people saying Audley had all the talent in the world, only if he applied himself, absolute nonsense he couldn't throw a punch without having his chin in the air.

I won't continue the debate with you Coxy, as I find you extremely obnoxious little twerp, who seems to have to boast to an Internet site, with arguments which are mostly dumb founded.

Have a good day
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:55 am

tcribb

I can't see anyone above who said Hatton was better technically than Haye, other than yourself.

You can try the whole obnoxious stance, but you've got everyone telling you you're wrong.

Haye had the movement, the speed, the timing that Hatton never had. If Ricky couldn't bully opponents by steam rolling them with marauding mauling attacks he couldn't find a way through.

How many times did Hatton hit the technically (by a mile) superior FMJ and Manny? Who were the same size as him? And didn't he get knocked out in both fights, eating umpteen power shots in the process?

How many times did Haye get hit? How many times did you see Haye wasting serious amounts of punches?

Hatton had no foot movement, no head movement, completely telegraphed his punches and was predictable. And i'm quoting Freddie Roach on that one, who thought higher of Haye than he did Hatton in terms of technical abilities - DO YOU WANT ME TO PROVIDE SOME PROOF!??!?!?

You're in a tiny minority, shhh now.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:02 am

Hatton had no foot movement dear oh dear, Hatton had excellent footwork.

I'm off to SHHH now as your obnoxious way have requested, but must do better son.

tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:05 am

Coxy talking through his annus as usual. Hatton had the better boxing fundamentals, could actually box behind the jab when needed and had a sweet one two combo, good inside fighting etc. What does Haye do? Haye was only good at pot shotting bombs at hugely limited opposition and when he found that didn't work against WK he just went in his shell and lamed out a UD loss.

Let's be honest, the only decent fighter Haye fought he lost to. Mormeck was temporarily the top dog in a terrible division and was a million miles away from being p4p considered even as a unified champion.

I mean look at Hatton's record compared to Haye?? There's no damn comparison. Haye was a fly by night champion picking off belts in an awful division and then beating the weakest champ at heavyweight....and Audley Harrison Laugh

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:09 am

Haye was a better athlete almost without question. Whether this translates into a better boxer is debateable and probably quite subjective I would imagine.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:10 am

I'm particularly bemused by you give Hatton no credit for his footwork, you don't give away reach and size against Mayweather and win 3 rounds without having fantastic footwork...

Ridiculous comment
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:11 am

tcribb wrote:I'm particularly bemused by you give Hatton no credit for his footwork, you don't give away reach and size against Mayweather and win 3 rounds without having fantastic footwork...

Ridiculous comment

You're the one being ridiculous disagreeing with Coxy, shhh now and think about what you have done.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:15 am

I should know better Rowley, never thought I'd read SHHH on a boxing forum, I was in mid sentence until that was threw at me.

I'm going to use that technique on the wife this evening.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next