The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How France will win.

+28
slartibartfast
samuraidragon
R!skysports
brennomac
BlueNote
Comfort
radelven
Shifty
Taylorman
Gatts
player1
Notch
Taffineastbourne
mckay1402
TycroesOsprey
Cymroglan
gavstar
gelodge
munkian
Knowsit17
asoreleftshoulder
EnglishReign
andy powells minder
RubyGuby
rodders
Standulstermen
ME-109
32 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How France will win. - Page 3 Empty How France will win.

Post by ME-109 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 4:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

France will follow the same tactics as they did against England.

Main tactics..
1. Dominate the forwards as they did against England.
2. Create pressure and penalties.
3. Keep the scoreboard ticking over. They wont turn down kicks at goal (alá Ireland) and expect to see them attempting drop goals at every opportunity in the first 20 - 30 mins.
4. The do not give away many penalties and while there defense fell apart abit against NZ they showed last week that they have a strong defense and as noted dont give away too many penalties.

I dont think we can expect a swashbuckling performance from their backs or that they will attempt to run the ball at every opportunity. I think that they will hold onto the ball as much as possible they will (unlike Ireland) maul the ball and pick and go around the fringes keeping the defense honest, they then get one of the second rows running hard in midfield (around 10 metres from the previous ruck) and look for quick ball of that situation. It is here where they punished England in the first half.

Big test for Wales in the physicality stakes but they have handled SA and Ireland so if they can keep their shape and dont let the French forwards through the middle then it bodes well for them. We have yet another tremendous back row battle and front row battle.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

How France will win. - Page 3 Empty Re: How France will win.

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:42 pm

newbie wrote:Hello...are we having some precious welsh folk on here....just because someone is disagreeing with them? Thats doesnt seem right.
No precious Irish,thank the Lord!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:44 pm

Why the feck are you lot bickering over whether Wales would beat Ireland again or not?? Who gives a feck you are playing France in a RWC SF in the morning!

Come on chaps get focused! guinness
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by newbie Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:45 pm

bleedin hell...its only someones opinion.....put it this way if Wales lose tomorrow to some freak score or poor reffing decision is a welsh supporter going to say...thats it then, we lost but clearly we are so bad we cannot hope to ever beat France again? Doh

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:45 pm

The statement is ridiculous and irrelevant,

sorry we can't make it (although i would love to do it all over again, maybe we would score 4 tries this time)

Wales are a tad busy tomorrow playing a RWC semi final. Very Happy

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by newbie Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:48 pm

Taffineastbourne...you sound like someone who could start a fight with themselves....

Also Eastbourne is in East Sussex didnt you know?

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:50 pm

If roles were reversed I cannot see any Welsh fan bothering to have started such a bitter negative thread.It speaks volumes about the saddo and is not the average Rugby fan that I have ever encountered.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:51 pm

DOD - I think you're forgetting that Ireland played quite well and the match got plaudits for being a cracker.

slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:53 pm

newbie wrote:Taffineastbourne...you sound like someone who could start a fight with themselves....

Also Eastbourne is in East Sussex didnt you know?
So can you explain how the world would be a better place if I stayed here?Cannot wait for your enlightened response.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by newbie Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:54 pm

So you think someone starting a thread on how France will approach this game on a site for a discussion about rugby by people of various nationalities and backgrounds is bitter and negative.

So the individual has differing views from you and you think this is not good..

pretty sure who the saddo is in this case...

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:55 pm

newbie wrote:So you think someone starting a thread on how France will approach this game on a site for a discussion about rugby by people of various nationalities and backgrounds is bitter and negative.

So the individual has differing views from you and you think this is not good..

pretty sure who the saddo is in this case...
Can you answer the question?

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:57 pm

And here comes the teacher with her big red pen methinks

Last edited by Gatts on Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by newbie Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:58 pm

Sorry Taff I was just telling you where Eastbourne is...I dont know if the world will be a better place with you staying there it is quite possible it would be...but I dont know you personally so I cant say...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Oct 2011, 8:59 pm

Guys, I'm actually too busy to really keep an eye on this but please can you all behave yourselves and just stop with the childishness. I don't want to have to take further action. Please get back to discussing the thread. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:02 pm

newbie wrote:Sorry Taff I was just telling you where Eastbourne is...I dont know if the world will be a better place with you staying there it is quite possible it would be...but I dont know you personally so I cant say...
Your logic is flakey.Well played Ireland better luck in 4 years time.Now let us get back on focus coz we are still involved.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:06 pm

Slarti no disagreement with that, plus did i mention that the better team on the day won. However am not sure what the problem is with some individuals in an irish supporter saying if the game was played again that i would expect us to win

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by newbie Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:11 pm

I know the problem DOD. You need to obviously renounce your support for Ireland and your views on them and fall behind the obvious superiority of the Welsh team at the moment..because having a different opinion is clearly not allowed (by some)

Pity really because the vast majority of Welsh supporters on here from what I can see were magnanimous in victory its always the few that seem to tarnish the majority...

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:14 pm

I know,you are the Chuckle Brothers! laughing

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:19 pm

Says the head of the 'Fun Police'

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by newbie Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:20 pm

DOD wrote:Says the head of the 'Fun Police'

laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:21 pm

newbie wrote:I know the problem DOD. You need to obviously renounce your support for Ireland and your views on them and fall behind the obvious superiority of the Welsh team at the moment..because having a different opinion is clearly not allowed (by some)

Pity really because the vast majority of Welsh supporters on here from what I can see were magnanimous in victory its always the few that seem to tarnish the majority...

OP was fine, i think suggesting that Ireland would win tomorrow if they made less mistakes is close to ridiculous but of course that is the opine of the DOD.

Anyway as i said, we're busy. Very Happy

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:22 pm

Point proven.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by newbie Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:23 pm

I would say the only point proven is the top of your head Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:26 pm

ell gatts good luck then. Remember only the winners of the wc get remembered . It dont matter a whole heap if you make the semis or even tne final..

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:32 pm

Off to bed soon to be ready for tomorrow's game.Hope that the Chuckle Brothers enjoy it as much as I will!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by newbie Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:34 pm

Oh Taff...I am really looking forward to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:38 pm

DOD wrote:ell gatts good luck then. Remember only the winners of the wc get remembered . It dont matter a whole heap if you make the semis or even tne final..

You see DOD when it comes to it you're just trying to get a rise....you think the normal rules apply to Wales and right now they do not. That rule may apply to you but not the Welsh team. Whatever happens tomorrow they are already heroes. played like warrior poets on the pitch and conducted themselves appropriately off it. The nub of rugby. More than that we have the RESPECT of the entire rugby world and that cannot be said of many teams.

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:43 pm

What really pishes me off now, is the fact that we got rid of Gatland. And got a succession of backward Cork men in - to hold us back.

Nice one IRFU. Brilliant thinking. Gatland must be laffing his Kiwi arse off right now. And I wouldn't blame him. He shafted Kidney tactically. Good and proper.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:46 pm

It's the biggest job interview of his life. i reckon if Wales pull it off the NZRFU will be waiting for gatts outside the Welsh changing rooms and the WRU will be on the plane, this time flying out to try and keep their boy

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:47 pm

Gatts,
It is now looking like a genius move, in extending his contract pre RWC.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:48 pm

You know gatts up to about 30 mins ago i genuinely was not looking to get s rise this thread was about france might do x to beat wales or wales might do y...yada yada.

However it seems as usual that welsh success (relatively speaking) has got the better of some people. The tournament isnt over yet. Respect doesnt win you anything, or even have anyone remember you in four years time, but hey good luck with that.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by newbie Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:49 pm

Gibson wrote:What really pishes me off now, is the fact that we got rid of Gatland. And got a succession of backward Cork men in - to hold us back.

Nice one IRFU. Brilliant thinking. Gatland must be laffing his Kiwi arse off right now. And I wouldn't blame him. He shafted Kidney tactically. Good and proper.

What kind of a moronic statement is that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:51 pm

Gibson wrote:Gatts,
It is now looking like a genius move, in extending his contract pre RWC.

It sure is. As i understand it, it is only one way, he cannot get out without wedge but WRU can. If he does want to get out, somebody has to bring serious amounts of the filthy lucre.

If they win then in my view there will be a mass clearance including Hansen, I think Gatts has done enough and is a homegrown young coach with a RWC win, shoe in. But i don't know the politics and that coudl sway what i imagine would be a public demand for him as AB manager...any Kiwii read this what is the score?

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:52 pm

Back on the weed gibbo.. Or just playing up to your welsh masters ...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by newbie Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:57 pm

One thing you are right about mr Gibson is that Gatland is using this as a job interview for the ABs job. The WRU will be leaving on a jet plane minus Warrent methinks. Why else do yuo think he is keeping his massive trap shut over the course of the tournament. The NZ public dont like that sort of behaviour.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:57 pm

DOD wrote:You know gatts up to about 30 mins ago i genuinely was not looking to get s rise this thread was about france might do x to beat wales or wales might do y...yada yada.

However it seems as usual that welsh success (relatively speaking) has got the better of some people. The tournament isnt over yet. Respect doesnt win you anything, or even have anyone remember you in four years time, but hey good luck with that.

DOD you are just trying to lock horns with me now. I haven't said anything other than i think your comment about beating us tomorrow was ridiculous. You come across as bitter and now you seem to be trying to start with me, just give it up.

Respect is everything. In Wales this team will be remembered forever, rugby is life and these boys just gave a nation pride. Yes we may lose but have regained something that as far as Wales is concerned, respectfully, you have no idea about whatsoever. Just let us enjoy that.

If you don't understand or refuse to accept that then it is pointless carrying on this exchange

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:00 pm

newbie wrote:One thing you are right about mr Gibson is that Gatland is using this as a job interview for the ABs job. The WRU will be leaving on a jet plane minus Warrent methinks. Why else do yuo think he is keeping his massive trap shut over the course of the tournament. The NZ public dont like that sort of behaviour.

I said it was a job interview. Good luck to him if that is what he wants he deserves it. For the first time in years a Union will be trying to keep a coach.

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:00 pm

DOD wrote:You know gatts up to about 30 mins ago i genuinely was not looking to get s rise this thread was about france might do x to beat wales or wales might do y...yada yada.

laughing Get over yourself.Pretending to be clever when you have shown a lack of grey matter is a pitch that even Tony Blair could not have pulled off.Know your limitations.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:01 pm

Laugh Truth hurts Decco. Sometimes... the Truth just hurts.

We are going nowhere with this guy. He's been found out. Another 2 years with him? Man...

Anyway, this is all about Wales v France.

I tend to agree with you on one point.. France will play it tight, they will attempt to strangle Wales and wait for a chance of a break. They are deadly at that game.

If I was Welsh, Clerc would be my main worry. Followed by Medard.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:03 pm

So they will be remembered even if they lose. Fair enough, if they lose tomorrow they still will not have beaten a sh team plus they will have lost to the rudderless French . At this stage they have beaten one 6ns team. If they win tomorrow it will be a normal season, 2 6ns wins a loss to a sh team and a narrow win over Samoa. I suppose considering the win over Samoa it is better than previous seasons

Last edited by DOD on Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:04 pm

Medard is my worry, followed by the rest of the French team Gibbo!

This match is too close to call for me, even more so then our match against you guys. Neeeeeeervous.com right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:05 pm

newbie wrote:
Gibson wrote:What really pishes me off now, is the fact that we got rid of Gatland. And got a succession of backward Cork men in - to hold us back.

What kind of a moronic statement is that?

Moronic Sir? I suggest you check the facts on Irish rugby over the last ten, wasted - years. Educate yourself and then get back to me. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Curry Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:06 pm

If we were to get rid of Deccie who would you replace him with Gibbo? (Honest question)
Irish Curry
Irish Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:09 pm

DOD wrote:So they will be remembered even if they lose. Fair enough, if they lose tomorrow they still will not have beaten a sh team plus they elwill have lost to the rudderless French . At this stage they have beaten one 6ns team. Ic they win tomorrow it will be a normal season, 2 6ns wins a losd to a sh team and a barrow win over Samoa. I suppose considering the win over Samoa it is better than previous seasons

there you have it...the coup de grace.

You start this with an OP about how the French can beat Wales, fair enough, but now your bitterness has talked you out of it and under pressure you do like the irish backline and fold...now the french are rudderless!
You can't help but boot the Welsh can you, its like an itch you just have to scratch. Your OP is now revealed for what it really is, a cheap shot. I can't believe you are that much of a cliche but you have hoisted yourself high by your own petard. Bravo!

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removal of unnecessary content.)

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by newbie Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:10 pm

Mr Gibson...last time I checked he won us a GS. Also Eddie O'Sullivan won us a number of triple crowns and while he didnt get the holy grail his win ratio is pretty good (as is Kidneys....so we have had two relatively successful coaches...possibly could have done better who knows its in the past. As a Galway man I dont care where they come from but clearly you do.

Who should we get...forrest gump maybe or how about Martin Johnson...looks like he will be at a loose end in a couple of weeks. You appear to be someone who would appreciate a manager like Johnson.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:11 pm

Any more stupidity and I'm locking this thread. Seriously, it's not difficult to behave with mutual respect.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:12 pm

OMG dreamer leaps in, read the posts before you start censoring them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a joke

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:14 pm

I am reading them Gatts, it's incredibly irritating. You stepped over a line so like my edit not says I've removed the unnecessay content. Personal abuse is not tolerated on this forum. This is a warning for everyone: please behave yourselves or further action will be taken. I've also already previously posted a warning on this thread. It was ignored, you've left me no option but to edit posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:15 pm

Irish Curry wrote:If we were to get rid of Deccie who would you replace him with Gibbo? (Honest question)

Its obvious. So obvious, I'm not going to say it. Because I don't want to lose him. My province needs him.

Ireland have taken our scrum-coach away. The biggest factor in us progressing at all imo. They are NOT getting our Coach.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:17 pm

You know what Gatts you are correct. I tried my best, honestly, but you know what happened...

Anyway..enjoy the game tomorrow ...i sincerely mean that..

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removal of inflammatory content)

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Gatts Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:19 pm

Obviously i cannot reply because i am one of those 1.5m deluded welshmen and the MOD doesn't regard that as personal abuse

Gatts

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum