The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most out of shape boxers at the lower weights

+3
Jimmythebullet
bellchees
BallchinianMuffwig
7 posters

Go down

Most out of shape boxers at the lower weights Empty Most out of shape boxers at the lower weights

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Thu 13 Oct 2011, 7:57 pm

Was just thinking of this when I watched Derry Mathews-Gavin Rees the other week. When you hear the term "out of shape boxer" you immediately think of fat heavyweights, but I was wondering who the most out of shape looking guys at lower weights were/are (we know that they are professionals and are most definately in a good condition but for the sake of debate). I mean anything from Welterweight down. To get the ball rolling I'll throw out the two aforementioned fighters in Mathews and Rees- both have not been prime examples of conditioning in the past, Mathews often looking pure skin and bone while Rees has been problematic with weight making before and it shows sometimes at weigh ins. Any other good shouts guys
Cheers

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Most out of shape boxers at the lower weights Empty Re: Most out of shape boxers at the lower weights

Post by bellchees Thu 13 Oct 2011, 8:20 pm

Morales doesn't look in good shape at the moment at light welter.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Most out of shape boxers at the lower weights Empty Re: Most out of shape boxers at the lower weights

Post by Jimmythebullet Thu 13 Oct 2011, 8:56 pm

Of late Frankie gavin. He should not be fighting above lightweight imo.

Jimmythebullet

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:03 pm

Juan Diaz always looked a little pudgey around the edges.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:14 pm

christ i forgot about Juan Diaz. best shout perhaps!

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 13 Oct 2011, 9:18 pm

It was his weird third nipple type thing which I found more disturbing.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:08 pm

Kevin Mitchell against Katsidis.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:10 pm

Morales was my thought too, How can you be a 10 stone fighter and have love handles, Of course the answer is that he should be 9 stone, still bazzar though.
Juan Diaz is a great shout too though, 9 1/2 stone and always for all of his career looked like he had a beer belly.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 13 Oct 2011, 10:47 pm

joan guzman?? talented but never seen him in shape!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob Fri 14 Oct 2011, 9:47 am

Gavin Rees inhis 140lb days was appalling.

One of the funniest things I saw on the old 606 was one member stating Rees had the physique of a new born baby.

Bob

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 14 Oct 2011, 10:13 pm

Just stumbled across this guy:

Most out of shape boxers at the lower weights NAKAZATOCEJA-TOMOKIKAMEDA_CANELOPROMOTIONS_PHOTO_RENE_PEREZ_MEXICO5[img][/img]

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down