The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxing Dreams and Nightmares!

+2
AlexHuckerby
School Project
6 posters

Go down

Boxing Dreams and Nightmares! Empty Boxing Dreams and Nightmares!

Post by School Project Fri 14 Oct 2011, 00:50

A bit of fun as we approach the weekend and something a little different on a fairly slow week..

The other month I was stood in the square of my local shopping centre, there were a few thousand people around. I get down to my grits and I'm weighed in... Stood opposite me is Marco Antonio Barrera. I fail to make the weight. I'm gutted... this was my big chance, and I blew it.

Two nights ago, I'm in my dressing room, everyones bigging me up "YOU'RE THE BEST, YOU THE MAN, GO GET 'EM CHAMP!" - My focus isn't on the fight, my mother brought the wrong shorts, I wanted my Union Jack shorts, they were frilly and pretty looking. Instead I was given all red ones, which didn't match my gloves. I refused to go out and fight until I had the correct shorts... I woke up annoyed at my mother. She blew it for me...

Of course, neither of them are real situations, just dreams I've had that involve boxing... They do however say something about my psyche. I am lazy and too concerned with how I look.

Have you guys ever dreamt of being in your super-fight? or had a nightmare about boxing?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Boxing Dreams and Nightmares! Empty Re: Boxing Dreams and Nightmares!

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 14 Oct 2011, 01:45

School Project wrote:A bit of fun as we approach the weekend and something a little different on a fairly slow week..

The other month I was stood in the square of my local shopping centre, there were a few thousand people around. I get down to my grits and I'm weighed in... Stood opposite me is Marco Antonio Barrera. I fail to make the weight. I'm gutted... this was my big chance, and I blew it.

Two nights ago, I'm in my dressing room, everyones bigging me up "YOU'RE THE BEST, YOU THE MAN, GO GET 'EM CHAMP!" - My focus isn't on the fight, my mother brought the wrong shorts, I wanted my Union Jack shorts, they were frilly and pretty looking. Instead I was given all red ones, which didn't match my gloves. I refused to go out and fight until I had the correct shorts... I woke up annoyed at my mother. She blew it for me...

Of course, neither of them are real situations, just dreams I've had that involve boxing... They do however say something about my psyche. I am lazy and too concerned with how I look.

Have you guys ever dreamt of being in your super-fight? or had a nightmare about boxing?

Think you and Tino would get along fine!!
I had a dream near the Haye Valuev fight. Haye and Valuev for some reason decided to fight in my dads garden, we set up these weird ring walks and everything, but then once we were a bout to start we realised we had no referee, so I had to ring the "Referee hotline" to try and get one. In the end we couldn't get one so I decided to ref the fight, for some reason I was taller than Valuev, very odd one that, can'r remember any more, and to be heonst it's very rare I remember dreams, but that one stays in my memory for some reason...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:02

I had a dream in the run up to Hatton Mayweather that I was at it in the MGM, was sat somewhere near the back with my mum :/ then suddenly Ricky Hatton approached me all frantic and stressed with his fighting gear on (but missing one shoe for some reason) telling me he needed his belt back as he was about to go on! I then apparently had had one of his belts on my lap the entire time...as for the fight itself I woke up before the first bell...

Also had a dream (more like a nightmare actually) I was boxing in PE in school and this skinny little nerdy kid with huge glasses who looked so unassuming got matched up with me for sparring and absolutely annihalted me. Woke up in a cold sweat after that one!

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 14 Oct 2011, 11:08

Your mother gave you the wrong frilly shorts thereby dashing your hopes of success? Freud would have a field day.

Never dreamt of being in a boxing match, altough I have dreamt about fights in the build up when I've clearly been thinking about them a lot - never dreamed a correct outcome though!
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 14 Oct 2011, 13:06

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Your mother gave you the wrong frilly shorts thereby dashing your hopes of success? Freud would have a field day.

Never dreamt of being in a boxing match, altough I have dreamt about fights in the build up when I've clearly been thinking about them a lot - never dreamed a correct outcome though!

Yeah, I know... its probably because she still does my washing.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 14 Oct 2011, 13:47

I had a dream that Hatton came back and outboxed Pacquiao to a 120-108 decision. Remeber Jim Watt going "And Ricky is boxing beautifully, who would've though"... and then bizarrely (although not a bad thing) Liz Hurley was his co-commentator

I dream quite alot when there's a big fight coming up that i've woken up and missed the fight, which usually involves me waking up in a mad panic before realising the fight's not for another few nights

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 14 Oct 2011, 20:41

coxy0001 wrote:I had a dream that Hatton came back and outboxed Pacquiao to a 120-108 decision. Remeber Jim Watt going "And Ricky is boxing beautifully, who would've though"... and then bizarrely (although not a bad thing) Liz Hurley was his co-commentator

I dream quite alot when there's a big fight coming up that i've woken up and missed the fight, which usually involves me waking up in a mad panic before realising the fight's not for another few nights

I've had the "OH SHOOT! I MISSED THE FIGHT!!!" Dream in the weeks leading up to the Calzaghe vs. Kessler fight... after almost £300 for a ticket I was almost sick.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 14 Oct 2011, 21:13

When I was in amsterdam - I did the inevitable and got some wacky baccy and I had about £10 worth then struggled to stay awake - I drifted off to sleep about 3ish and I had a dream about Duran - Camacho 1. About 4 o'clock my door gets kicked in by 4 big bar stewards and theres a general ruckus - with only one word being discernable in the madness. "WHERE?".

It seems - I had been screaming "robbery" in my sleep.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down