The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wilder: I hope he's having nightmares.

+4
3fingers
Qoxiivi
jimdig
hampo17
8 posters

Go down

Wilder: I hope he's having nightmares. Empty Wilder: I hope he's having nightmares.

Post by hampo17 Thu 12 Jun 2014, 2:00 pm

By Paul Hampton, @v2boxing.

Deontay Wilder appears to confident mood when discussing the prospect of facing Bermane Stiverne for the WBC Heavyweight Title. Wilder who has knocked out all of his 31 opponents so far believes Stiverne is scared to face him.

During an interview with On The Ropes Radio he said; “I know he’s scared now, I hope he has nightmares about me each and every time. He better be sleeping with that belt up by his pillow, because when fight night comes I’m taking it away.”

“I think it’s a first round fight and it’s going to be a knockout, that’s a promise. No matter how many rounds it goes, it’s definitely not going to a decision. I promise you that, you can put money on it. It’s going to be a knock out, he’s getting knocked out.”

It’s certainly big talk from the American, but you do have to question his record as a professional. 31 fights, and the best name on his record could well be Audley Harrison, while Stiverne has faced, and stopped, Chris Arreola twice who is a gate keeper in the division.

It was believed that Stivernes’ promoters wanted a fight with Wladimir Klitschko instead however the WBC have said that he must face Wilder, unless a compensation package can be reached for him to step aside.

http://www.v2boxing.com/1/post/2014/06/wilder-i-hope-hes-having-nightmares.html

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wilder: I hope he's having nightmares. Empty Re: Wilder: I hope he's having nightmares.

Post by jimdig Thu 12 Jun 2014, 3:26 pm

It's a fight I'd love to see. Actually wilder against anyone in the top 20 is a fight I'd like to see. The parrallels between wilder and price remain until wilder steps up.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Wilder: I hope he's having nightmares. Empty Re: Wilder: I hope he's having nightmares.

Post by Qoxiivi Thu 12 Jun 2014, 4:51 pm

Apostrophe between the 'e' and 's', as opposed to after. So: 'It was believed that Stiverne's promoters'.

Just a friendly correction, no attitude.

With regards to the subject matter, I have no idea what to make of Wilder. He's untidy, has a lot of power but beyond that, well, Stiverne's the first fighter of genuine quality he's faced so far... and about time. Really looking forward to seeing if he does pass his first real test, or if Stiverne can withstand or slip the flailing barrage long enough to connect with his chin which, if the opponent's around long enough to do so, seems easy enough to find.

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Thu 12 Jun 2014, 5:09 pm

How can wilder be mandatory without fighting anyone with a pulse. Stiverne is toon for Wilder. Yes I know he's had 31 fights but he's learned nothing. He should test himself before going in against stiverne.  Maybe the reason why he isnt testing himself is he knows that he will be found out.

If he's found out.he loses his title shot and the money that goes with it, hence the jump in class straight to the title. This could be career over....or the start of something great.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 12 Jun 2014, 5:26 pm

To be fair Stiverne gets hit A LOT if I'm honest having watched his fights and he is now about to face a tall rangy wild fighter (excuse the pun) in Wildwr....who has the punching power of a warhammer

Wilder via KO within 3.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectView Thu 12 Jun 2014, 5:41 pm

I remember certain Mr. Haye giving statement like this before facing Wlad.  picard 

DirectView

Back to top Go down

Post by leedizzle1986 Thu 12 Jun 2014, 9:14 pm

I met Stiverne in my hotel at Froch vs Groves. I asked him if he had his eye on anyone to fight and he said no he was just in the UK with Maduma. A guy he was with did say they wanted to knock Fury out though. Which I liked as I think Fury is a vastly overrated bum.

Anyway Stiverne was a thoroughly nice guy and I hope he knocks Wilder in to next week.

leedizzle1986

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 13 Jun 2014, 9:57 am

Question on bomb squad. He was part of Haye's sparring troupe for the fury fiasco. Sparring is paid employment right? Haye's training camp was probably in Cyprus, so does that mean that wilder can travel and fight in Europe? Didn't he have a domestic violence case against him?

Haye's training camp could have been in Miami, which would make this a null line of questioning. Just wondering if there are currently any barriers to wilder fighting in Europe?

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:08 am

Don't think there are any barriers but when he was due to fight Chisora the investigation was ongoing and the authorities wouldn't have wanted him to leave the country.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:18 am

Cheers Paul.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:30 am

If Wilder can show he takes a shot I might become a fan. Until then, he's an unconfirmed chinless hitting machine. Hmmmm.

IMO Stiverne destroys him in 2 rounds right now.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down