The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogan Buries Roode - contains bfg spoilers

+5
JoshSansom
Kay Fabe
AberdeenSteve
Brady12
Fernando
9 posters

Go down

Hogan Buries Roode - contains bfg spoilers Empty Hogan Buries Roode - contains bfg spoilers

Post by Fernando Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:30 pm

Credit: PWInsider.com

Hulk Hogan taped an appearance with The Busted Open show yesterday that will air today at 3pm on Sirius Radio and here is a highlight from that interview regarding Robert Roode being a main eventer...

Robert Roode: “Nah, he’s not ready. He’s not the next guy. Ya’ know, they might think he is. Dixie Carter might think he is. The whole world might think he is. He’s not the next guy. If I had to bet money on anybody and really be serious about betting money on anybody, I’d say Jeff Hardy is the next guy if he keeps his act together. Um, that’s what you gotta to have, man. This is much more than being a wrestler, this is crossing barriers, medias, ya’ know media barriers, and, and entertainment barriers of all kind. Getting your character down verbally has 90% to do with getting over. I just have a very strong feeling Kurt Angle’s going to clean his clock performance wise, and carry the match, and basically remains the champion. He’s training for the Olympics. He’s had some up and down moments, and I think this is not gonna be a down moment for Kurt Angle, so I’m betting that farm on him.”

Here's what AJ Styles had to said about Hulk's comments

"Frustration setting in when your own guys bury the company that u have worked so hard for........ Brother!"

Styles also retweeted the following from another Twitter user:

"Hogan has just proven how out of touch he is with wrestling fans in 2012. I stand by the opinion that @AJStylesOrg was a scapegoat when Hogan didn't bring in huge numbers."

Last edited by fernando on Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Hogan Buries Roode - contains bfg spoilers Empty Re: Hogan Buries Roode - contains bfg spoilers

Post by Brady12 Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:03 pm

I saw this this morning & was stunned just defies all logic & the time couldn't be worse.... Hogan only knows how to promote himself

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Hogan Buries Roode - contains bfg spoilers Empty Re: Hogan Buries Roode - contains bfg spoilers

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:14 pm

His views on James Storm, Jeff Hardy & AJ Styles. The guy is a complete dickhead.

James Storm: “I’d go with James Storm all day long. Mainstream brotha’! Cowboy hat, beer drinking, middle America, Nascar, Walmart, Country Western. I mean all day long, it’s a no brainer. That’s me. That’s my opinion. So, I mean, Bobby Roode’s a tremendous athlete. I would change. I’d build him from Venice Beach, California or Omaha, Nebraska instead of, I dunno, Canada, eh’? I love him to death. He’s a great kid. When he looked down at me from the ring, and we had an argument one day, and he goes, “What the hell have you ever done?” I said man, this guy’d be a great heel, but yeah he has a lot of potential there for him to, but if you ask me to choose who to run with’, and you gave me those two choices? That’s my opinion.”

Jeff Hardy: “If I had to bet money on anybody, and really be serious about betting money on anybody, I’d say Jeff Hardy’s the next guy if he keeps his act together. Well, I think he’s got a lot of shine to him, I mean he just doesn’t have 5-star matches. He shines outside the ring. He walks through the mall, and people know who he is. He’s got a look, he’s got an air about him. He’s got the “IT” factor. That’s what you gotta’ have, man. This is much more than being a wrestler. This is crossing barriers, medias,, media barriers, and, and entertainment barriers of all kind. And I think the kid, Jeff Hardy has the potential to really be the guy.”

AJ Styles: “It’s never too late. I mean, I just don’t know. I, when I first came in all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed a couple of years ago, I had a ton of suggestions which I was kind of pushing real hard, which I thought would take him to a crazy, crazy level, and nobody responded. So, I don’t know at this point. I have my ideas, but a lot of things that I believe in, and what I feel from the crowd, and what I know. The little I know about this business. Sometimes, it’s either taken and used, or used and it doesn’t work, or it’s not used at all. So, it’s just..it’s my opinion. I don’t know at this point.”

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:50 pm

Leak put this Hogan stuff up on another thread last night and it was dismissed as kayfabe.

Looks quite damning to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:41 am

There is just no way this is kayfabe, you do not bury one half of your 'Wrestlemania' type PPV's main event and then go onto to massively big up his useless tag team partner in kayfabe. He should hate both Roode & Storm if he is still in character but here he is just being a complete tool.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:02 pm

Kayfabe lives!!!!

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:27 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Kayfabe lives!!!!

Are you remembering who we are talking about here Gaff? The most ego driven man in the world!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:38 pm

And do you honestly think Roode would be in that position if Hogan honestly thought that? Only one answer to that

The reason he also built up Storm is because he was building up a potential Beer Money split, going down the jealousy angle

He's kayfabing so much I'm surprised anyone bought, in another forum I'm on someone said smarks are the easiest people to fool, I guess that's right to an extent.

There is just no way what so ever that Hogan despite what people may think of him would legitimately crap all over one half of TNA's biggest PPV's World Title main event

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:53 pm

Yet if he is in 'kayfabe' he is happy to big up Jeff Hardy even though in the past he stated he would never allow Hardy to have anything to do with his precious Immortal again?

If Hogan had his way, he'd be headlining against Angle and not Roode.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:08 pm

He was doing Howard Stern on Tuesday or Wednesday where he spent the majority of the show talking up Roode in a non kayfabe interview, he also talked up AJ, Storm, Crimson, Joe, Gunner and Morgan, that kinda thing doesn't generate website hits though or fit an agenda that some sites have.

I'm no Hogan fan, never have been, but even the least knowledgable fan would be daft to assume Hogan would legitimately bury one half of the main event, still, people will believe what they want to believe simply because of who it is.

For me though its nothing more than kayfabing on a radio show thats known for it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:24 pm

Also seems to be that Mr Styles doesn't know a work from the truth as Hogan just bashed him on Twitter.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:57 pm

I think that beyond whether this was a work or not it is a sad inditement of one of the most famous workers in the industry that people will question this. With many other individuals of his experience etc it would be seen as some kind of work for the good of the company whereas people's first thoughts when it comes to Hogan is that he is opening his mouth to go out to bat for himself.

That is (for me) the saddest part of this and shows just how pathetic his continued position is.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:09 pm

Ok so Hogan now hits back and claims the whole thing was a work.

But what sense does that make given his face turn against Immortal at BFG?

Surely his 'work' comments are heel-like, right? And he would have known what was going to happen at BFG before he made these comments? Because now it appears he'll be siding with Roode to take on Immortal, the mind boggles!

Part of me thinks he said these things, realised he made a huge faux pas and it desperately backtracking by trying to claim it was a work.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:16 pm

The fact that immediately afterwards Hogan turns face does make me think that this was not a work and just Hogan being a d**k.
Yes controversy creates cash etc but how can badmouthing one half of the main event be anything but bad publicity?
it's like when Gerald Ratner came out and said all his watches were crap.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:11 pm

Thats why its a total work, no one would legitimately bad mouth one half of the main event, as for AJ's tweet, he along with almost everyone else are portraying their character more and more on twitter these days, you'd expect a reply, like I said already, Hogan was on Howard Stern last week out of character talking up Roode, this was just complete kayfabing

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:10 pm

Spoiler:

Between that and his war of words with AJ Styles in the last few days, there was a lot of resentment towards Hogan among the long time employees. Especially since Hogan was criticizing Styles on Twitter when it was known that he had missed Saturday's Fan Interaction event due to a death in his family.

Last edited by fernando on Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:33 pm

I'd have thought a mod would know the site rules, cheers though, no need to wait til Wednesday

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:39 pm

it says contains BFG spoilers so if you read it then you take the risk of seeing something you don't want to know but even so ill spoiler tag it.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:46 pm

Thats because you've just edited it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:49 pm

Stop whinging Gaffer, the thread has been up for 3 days, the logic is that people commenting on it after the event are obviously discussing the result.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:51 pm

fluck up if the threads been up for three days then it obviously wasn't a spoiler thread, since there is a genuine spoiler thread usually all spoilers are kept in that

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:26 am

That's a joke!!! The MOD reveals spoilers on a thread that didn't have a spoiler warning then edits in the spoiler warning after the event in the hope no one has notice!!!....

Completely gripped Fernando & you just look daft KB trying to defend such moronic behaviour!!!

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:53 pm

I just dont see how Hogan can justify his comments as being a 'work' now that he's face turned and that he must have known the turn was coming before the interview.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:58 pm

I instantly thought it was a work, the problem however is that no-one can be 100% sure either way and that IS the problem, things like that shouldn't need to be interpreted, it should be easy to understand and follow

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:09 pm

But isn't it, in a way, what Punk did? Mixing kayfabe with reality?

Isn't it an example of TNA jumping on the bandwagon?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:29 pm

I don't think it's anything like Punk to be honest

CM Punk did a worked shoot in a safe enviroment, everything you see and hear on WWE TV you're meant to see and hear, everything Punk said had truth to it, that's why people bought into it, CM Punk was promoting himself, the PPV and his Title match, did Hogan manage to do the same?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:42 pm

I can see your point gaffer. I would understand it more if Styles and Hogan were in an on-screen feud. Burying Roode seems pointless to promote the PPV.

Okay, saying that it was originally Hogan honestly burying Roode and now he is backtracking and trying to say it is a work, will TNA now change their storylines to try and compensate the damage done?

Before Hogan went face and sided with Sting, I would have seen Roode going down the conspiracy route, saying that the powers of be obviously wants him to lose and doesn't think he is "ready".

It would be good with AJ and Hogan built on their obvious loathing for each other into some kind of storyline.....but they have other things going on now.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:45 pm

I genuinely think Hogan was kayfabing but since it wasn't on TV I doubt they'll even reference it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down