The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can we move on please?

+4
dogtooth
jay_welsh
maestegmafia
mckay1402
8 posters

Go down

Can we move on please? Empty Can we move on please?

Post by mckay1402 Sun 16 Oct 2011, 9:59 am

Like any Wales fan I was hugely disappointed yesterday and saw controversy everywhere I looked but I think the time has come to move on. The card was given, it was within the letter of the law and Wales still missed plenty of opportunities to win.

We still have a 3rd place to win and lets face it our players have shown so much dignity it does us no favours to keep on about it. We're not New Zealand for gods sake!

Before the world cup we'd have taken a semi final as a succesful campaign and it says a lot about this side that we now expect more. They have a great basis for a grand slam (which will be no substitute) and to be a great side for years to come. The only thing for me will be that a 6 Nations without Shane Williams will be a far worse tournament. I hope he stays for a little bit longer...
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Can we move on please? Empty Re: Can we move on please?

Post by maestegmafia Sun 16 Oct 2011, 10:07 am

I couldn't agree more.

It was very sad to lose, but we played great rugby, enthralled the world with our skill, and left a great impression of our passion and culture on the RWC.

Let's be proud, not angry...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by jay_welsh Sun 16 Oct 2011, 10:13 am

we have a young team with vast potential, great young players waiting in the wings, and continuity from our coaches for the next 4 years. there is so much to look forward to in welsh rugby that it would be a travesty if we let this red card continue to haunt what has been a fantastic tournament. we live, we learn. we lived the rugby world cup, hopefully the players learnt from their mistakes. now is the time to push on and start taking southern hemisphere scalps.

jay_welsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Oct 2011, 10:16 am

jay_welsh wrote:we have a young team with vast potential, great young players waiting in the wings, and continuity from our coaches for the next 4 years. there is so much to look forward to in welsh rugby that it would be a travesty if we let this red card continue to haunt what has been a fantastic tournament. we live, we learn. we lived the rugby world cup, hopefully the players learnt from their mistakes. now is the time to push on and start taking southern hemisphere scalps.

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by dogtooth Sun 16 Oct 2011, 1:54 pm

as long as gats doesnt move on we will have a few good years to come.
dogtooth
dogtooth

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 16 Oct 2011, 2:51 pm

Wales already has, new day, new challenge bring on Australia! boxing
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Sun 16 Oct 2011, 5:55 pm

you'll be back on again now alyn once you've watched the game, I dont think you will now though. Wink

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by CurlyOsp Sun 16 Oct 2011, 6:04 pm

Disagree with your last point. As a huge Williams fan I think his retirement at this stage of the game, before he loses too much pace and sparkle, is the right move.
This world cup he hasn't shown as much of the wizardry that we're used to but he's put to bed any doubts about his defence (e.g holding up the colossal O'Brian) and shown he's one of the hardest working wingers off the ball ever.
It's been a magical 11 years and he'll go down as an all time great.

CurlyOsp

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Sun 16 Oct 2011, 7:20 pm

Yeah I guess it's more for an emotional thing really. It was the same when Bill Mclaren retired. I still feel so sad whenever I hear his voice. perhaps I'm a little odd...
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Sun 16 Oct 2011, 8:44 pm

Can we move on please?

Can't it hurts
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down