The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well Hell.....

5 posters

Go down

Well Hell..... Empty Well Hell.....

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 03 Mar 2011, 8:16 am

Bit of a stramash at Parkhead last night.

Wonder what Ally McCoist said to Neil Lennon at the final whistle that got him so bent out of shape?

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Well Hell..... Empty Re: Well Hell.....

Post by David Tails Thu 03 Mar 2011, 8:53 am

Let's face it...that probably carried over from the Diouf incident. Walter did have to drag Ally back at that stage.

So that is the future of Old Firm matches...Ally and Lennon in the dugout next season. I say just ban them to the stands now and take away the guaranteed problem.

David Tails

http://officerrahl.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 03 Mar 2011, 8:58 am

Or just kill Neil Lennon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 03 Mar 2011, 9:03 am

David Tails wrote:Let's face it...that probably carried over from the Diouf incident. Walter did have to drag Ally back at that stage.

So that is the future of Old Firm matches...Ally and Lennon in the dugout next season. I say just ban them to the stands now and take away the guaranteed problem.

now where is the fun in that?

Put them in a cage on PPV

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 03 Mar 2011, 9:11 am

KB, quite possibly the best post I've ever read on here. Lennon is scum and so is his captain Scott Brown.

Lennon should just be banned from football, his actions last night were disgraceful. He ran like a coward when things started to kick off!

Not nice things to Lennon furious

Last edited by Hobo on Thu 03 Mar 2011, 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : death threats are not usually a good idea!)

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Thu 03 Mar 2011, 9:14 am

Here is a link to a video of the fun: -

BBC Sports - Click here

Thsi highlights the point I made last night. The sending off was at the opposite side of the pitch; EVERY player except Diouf was over where the incident happened...but he had to run over to the dugouts to kick off at Lennon. We all know Lennon is a combustable element. So Diouf was just trying to incite things. It worked.

I say this as a Celtic fan - I dislike the guy. The way he conducts himself is NOT how I expect my club manager to act. If you are saying that about Lennon, can we at least agree to include Diouf? That man is the lowest form of life.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 03 Mar 2011, 9:30 am

DT I don't think Diouf went over to have a go at Lennon, seemed like he had come over to get instructions from Walter Smith & Ally McCoist. Could be wrong on that one though.

But it looks like he was looking towards Neil Lennon when Lennon came charging over to the touchline so I'm assuming something was said to make him come rushing out of his technical area. Even so, Lennon went off the head at something Diouf may or may not have said, and he lost the plot again when McCoist said something to him at the end - that's not on. I just get the feeling that next season there will be even more aggro, and with Lennon it seems to be a case of 'wind him up & watch him go'. He needs to grow up and fast.

And I'm not absolving McCoist from any blame either, he should never have got involved in the Diouf/Lennon incident or the verbals at the end. Unfortunately I think last night is just a sign of things to come for however long these two are in charge at Rangers & Celtic.

As for Diouf, yeah he's absolute scum & the sooner he sods off back to Blackburn the better. But I have to admit I did smile at the end when he went over to the Rangers fans & threw his shirt into the crowd, whilst the whole of Parkhead bayed for his blood. The man just doesn't give a Castlemaine XXXX.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 03 Mar 2011, 9:31 am

I'll agree with you Dave that Diouf is also a very large piece of scum but Lennon is the manager of his club and like you said he shouldn't act the way he does. He sets a bad example for his players, and Scott Brown seriously doesn't help the situation. Getting in Diouf's face at every opportunity. Got to be fair on Diouf, he did well for not biting for as long as he did.

I hope the SFA do the right thing and ban Lennon from the touchline for awhile but because he is Celtic manager he'll get another slap on the wrist

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Thu 03 Mar 2011, 9:45 am

I'm by no means trying to wash the blame from Lennon. Like I said...I seriously dislike the guy.

It's a sorry state of affairs when "club legends" like Ally and Lennon can get their first break in management at these clubs. Get them in the lower leagues and get this rough edge out of their mindset. Let them gradually learn the pressures that come with management. Don't throw them right in to the goldfish bowl of the Old Firm.

They are both too (I don't want to say passionate) fanatical about the clubs. Any slight issue and they will blow up on it. I seriously cringe every time I see a slightly dodgy decision against Celtic...you just have to wait for the embarrassment of Lennon blaming everyone but his team. Yes, decisions can change games, but if you have this blame mentality, your players will have that mentality. You need to install a belief that no matter what happens, you will be good enough to get the win.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 03 Mar 2011, 10:09 am

It just seems that Lennon's always moaning about something. He's taken the 'Us v Them' mentality to ridiculous extremes and that's bound to affect the players. It can be good in a sense that it creates a unity within the squad but it could also prove to be their downfall.

I'd like to think that Ally McCoist would be a bit more savvy but after watching last night's activity I've got a really bad feeling that he'll get dragged into behaving like a Neanderthal as well.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 03 Mar 2011, 10:10 am

Just watched the highlights and how on earth were the red cards deserved? Bougherra's second yellow was a perfect tackle. Calum Murray, hang your head in shame. Lennon and McCoist should have been sent to the stands too. Lets hope Murray wheres his hoops next time out!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tails Thu 03 Mar 2011, 10:56 am

To be fair Steve - Bougherra could have been booked a few times last night...as could Ki. Brown's Yellow was never a yellow card offense. The ref just didn't have ahandle on the game at all last night.

I think a team does tend to adopt the characteristics of the manager. Look at Aberdeen under McGhee. He didn't want to be there...he was bitter about not getting the Celtic job. He made that clear on his first day when he said as much. So the team didn't want to play for him. Look at the transformation of the Dons under Brown. He has much more control and the players want to play for him.

Lennon has the team thinking it's "Us versus the world". Which yes, breeds a unity, but also has a huge detrimental effect. Just accept that decisions aren't always going to go your way. It's like that for EVERYONE. You just have to look at how outspoken Hooiveld, Hooper and others have been to see that Lennon has them singing from the same hymn sheet.

I do have to say though...for all of his faults as a manager...his signings have all been pretty good. Kayal, Hooper and Izaguirre are a breath of fresh air. Such good players.

David Tails

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 03 Mar 2011, 11:06 am

I've got no complaints about Bougherra because he should have been sent off for the 'tackle' on Hooper, the fact that the second one might be debatable is a moot point as far as I'm concerned. Whittaker's first was never a yellow but even so he's a diddy for lunging into a tackle like that when he's already been booked. Diouf? Well Diouf was Diouf.

DT couldn't agree more with you, Mark McGhee & Aberdeen is a fantastic example of players feeding off the vibes from their manager, and by the end it was mercy killing when he was sacked.

There are signs that some of the Celtic players are adopting some of Lennon's traits. Scott Brown is an obvious example on the park but as you say, there are others who have been bleating to the media.

But he has made some quality signings, no doubt about it.

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 03 Mar 2011, 9:31 pm

I agree with what you're saying that the managers attitude rubs off on the players. So why does Lennon need to act like an idiot?

It has boiled off the pitch two with the polis making 200 arrests after the match.

Lennon will get no charge because he is in charge of one half of the ugly sisters. Farce!!!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 04 Mar 2011, 9:04 am

I heard this morning that Lennon's 6 match touchline ban has been reduced to 4! What the hell?!?

theundisputedY2D2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Mar 2011, 9:27 am

Doh

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 04 Mar 2011, 9:48 am

Time off for bad behaviour? ;-)

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content