The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Cena Heel Turn

+4
hodge
Crimey
Kay Fabe
The Best in the World
8 posters

Go down

John Cena Heel Turn - Would you like to see it ? Yes or No ?

John Cena Heel Turn Vote_lcap78%John Cena Heel Turn Vote_rcap 78% 
[ 25 ]
John Cena Heel Turn Vote_lcap22%John Cena Heel Turn Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 32

John Cena Heel Turn Empty John Cena Heel Turn

Post by The Best in the World Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:37 am

just a little poll to see if you would like to see a Cena Heel Turn or not . and say why Smile
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

John Cena Heel Turn Empty Re: John Cena Heel Turn

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:57 am

I'll be amazed if anyone votes no to this, I think the general feeling that a Cena heel turn would totally revamp the entire landscape of the WWE and could bring an edgier product, Cena being the PG poster boy would need to do and say some pretty vile things to become the most hated guy in the business, Cena is so unbelievably huge that a well booked face up against him would find it easy to really get the fans on side.

Any heel turn must be carefully and strategically planned, such an occassion couldn't just happen, it would need to be the right time in the right scenario

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:58 am

I change my opinion on this all the time, but I'm not sure whether it'd be such a good idea.

As a face he gets mixed reactions anyway, I'm glad WWE started to actually acknowledge this rather than putting their heads in the sand. I honestly think if Cena turned heel, the same problem would exist that he would get a mixed reaction, the older fans cheering and the younger ones booing.

I would like to see if he was capable of it these days after so many years of being the top face and the hero, and also would be interested on how he would be booked as a heel. But other than curiosity, I don't think there are enough positives to make it a viable option. Although like I said, tomorrow I might think differently.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:53 am

It would revitalise the product as a whole, that in itself is a good thing, it would have to be right place right time though and not just done for the sake of it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:09 am

i have no doubts he could do it, however he would need to do something that would absalutly make the younger generation hate him, like said above he would have the split reaction still but most heels get the split reaction anyway from older fans liking them.

So back to how could you turn Cena heel:

- I've heard people say have him beat The Rock at WM in Miami, yes that would work for one night, but after??? he would be treated as the bad guy in Miami anyway.

- Have him end the streak, a more plausable idea, but would merely ending the streak be enough to last him? I don't think so, this is where I am going, they would have to do something so big with Cena to have him turn heel and there have been occasions where there has been the possibility, The Nexus for example, if they had gone for Cena instead of Punk as leader it could have all been different.

Maybe ending the career at WM after taking his streak could do it, not only ending to streak but ending the career of the Undertaker, that could stick with him for a long time if they built on it.

The opposing force idea, along the lines of Nexus have a force that threatens the WWE, where say survivor series they stick with a traditional idea of someone turning on their team, this case Cena turning on the WWE.

So what could be big enough to turn Cena?

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:29 pm

Should Cena turn heel - Yes

Will it ever happen - No

The reasons surrounding this have been done to death, so I am not going to go through it all again.

To enable Cena to go heel, I don't think it should be a long drawn out process like, for example, the recent Christian turn. I feel that way of doing things was perfect for Christian, but for Cena it needs to be quick for shock value. Exactly like the Hogan's turn.

My way of doing things would be for him to do something beyond just turning and beating a fan favourite (like beating the Rock at WM). It needs to be more OMG than that.

I like the idea of him and the Undertaker going up against each other to do it, but I would tweak it slightly. Let the Undertaker win, but Cena to destroy after the event and end his career. You could use the same principle for the Rock at WM or maybe for a match against Rey. It has to be a statement that announces Cena as a heel to the world straight away.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:34 pm

The best way for Cena to turn heel would be to AA his granny.

It's the ultimate heel tactic.

"If he does that to his own grandma, imagine what he'll do to <insertnameofwrestlerhere> this Sunday at <insertnameofpayperviewhere>!"

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:15 am

xTwisTx wrote:Should Cena turn heel - Yes

Will it ever happen - No

The reasons surrounding this have been done to death, so I am not going to go through it all again.

To enable Cena to go heel, I don't think it should be a long drawn out process like, for example, the recent Christian turn. I feel that way of doing things was perfect for Christian, but for Cena it needs to be quick for shock value. Exactly like the Hogan's turn.

My way of doing things would be for him to do something beyond just turning and beating a fan favourite (like beating the Rock at WM). It needs to be more OMG than that.

I like the idea of him and the Undertaker going up against each other to do it, but I would tweak it slightly. Let the Undertaker win, but Cena to destroy after the event and end his career. You could use the same principle for the Rock at WM or maybe for a match against Rey. It has to be a statement that announces Cena as a heel to the world straight away.

Wouldn't work on Rey, worked for Batista as everyone could see their on screen freindship etc, but Cena doesn't really have someone like that on screen.

It could work with Rock then I suppose, however you would need Cena becoming paranoid that WWE want Rock to win at WM by all costs to give WM fans what they want. In the WM match have one or two dodgey decisions and have Rock winning on a count where Cena had kicked out at 2 but the ref doesnt see it, after the match, Cena distraught that he had lost to The Rock attacks him infront of his home crowd, leaving him in a bloody mess in the ring, I would have the use of blood because of how WWE don't use blood now, it would add a shock factor and getting people thinking he was actually cut open.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:54 am

Ive got to agree with twist, I can't see cena turning heel in the short or long term to be honest, that's not saying it won't happen at some in his career. Everyone seams to be so focused on how or when it will happen but I'm interested in weather people actually think cena could pull off a decent heel run, hes never done it before, his current character doesn't take much skill to pull off and his gimmick doesn't have that many levels to it. With cena it's all about the way he's booked and thats to be a superman like, unstoppable force that fights for jutice and respect it's doesn't take much skill IMO. I'm not trashing him completely, obviously he's moderately talented on the stick and is extremely strong but I have my doubts that he actually has the talent to pull of a successful heel run

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:22 am

His heel run in 2003/04 was the most entertaining run of his career, Cena has the mic ability to easily pull off a heel turn and he knows how to antagonise people, he's been doing it for years

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:02 am

I listen to a podcast the other night with the guy who wrote the script for 12 rounds. He said John Cena is the type of guy once you've been in the room with him you don't know what it is but you want to be in a room with him again.

Love him or loathe him the guy is intelligent & has so much charisma. Waiting for Cena to turn is about the only thing keeping me watching at present

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:41 pm

Gaff that period was when I was at uni and didn't have sky in my room, so totally missed run, what was it like, what happened etc? Details please?

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:30 pm

As a heel, Cena on the mic will be golden.

Trouble is, as a heel, Cena will have to lead his matches and sell more which isn't exactly his forté.

To be honest I'm not sure Cena has what it takes to be a mega heel from an in-ring standpoint.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:24 pm

...................also wouldn't it be weird to see him losing matches on a more regular basis?

I can't see them using the Super Cena gimmick when he is a heel, because the good guys destroying the bad guys after being beaten to a pulp is the essence of most good stories. Not the other way around.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down