The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contains spoilers - Cena heel turn?

+13
Paul Mac 6CW
kingraf
theundisputedY2D2
Shot 21 LCFC
Adam D
x12x
Mr H
Kay Fabe
Kid Vicious
Hulking_up
Liam
Hero
Makaveli
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Contains spoilers - Cena heel turn? Empty Contains spoilers - Cena heel turn?

Post by Makaveli Wed 27 Mar 2013, 2:27 pm

not sure if anybody has read the spoilers for smackdown yet but John laurinitis returned on smackdown only to get layed out by the rock,

'Smackdown starts with the WWE Champion The Rock. Rock comes out and cuts a promo about a story when he was younger in the city of Hershey, Pennsylvania. He then cuts a promo on his opponent, John Cena. He gets interrupted by John Laurinaitis, who says he had permission from Teddy Long to come out and talk to the champion. Laurinaitis says that John Cena is the person that caused him from being fired and that he wants retribution. He says that he wants to be in the corner of The Rock. The Rock asks the crowd what they think before he ends up hitting a spinebuster and a people's elbow on the former General Manager'

source:wrestlezone.com

is it just me or does anybody else think that laurinitis could be help cena beat the rock at mainia?

Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Contains spoilers - Cena heel turn? Empty Re: Contains spoilers - Cena heel turn?

Post by Hero Wed 27 Mar 2013, 2:29 pm

I already think the turn is happening at Mania, Laurinaitis assisting doesn't do much for me on it though, smells a bit like Vince assisting Austin at WM17.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Contains spoilers - Cena heel turn? Empty Re: Contains spoilers - Cena heel turn?

Post by Liam Wed 27 Mar 2013, 2:43 pm

Rock with a story from when he was younger in the state the show was in, that's a first surely!

JL doesn't really add anything to the product for me. He was alright in the little feud he had with Punk but he hasn't been missed imo, although the sooner Vickie is replaced the better because she is just awful.

If Cena is to turn heel i'd rather he do it by himself. Have the ref laid out, then Cena get's the wwe belt, smashes it over Rocks head and get's the 3 count. Stands above him, with his poopie face, intense and cold and slowly raise the championship as he stares into the camera, signalling a heel turn and closes Mania with a mjor moment.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Wed 27 Mar 2013, 2:46 pm

Cena heel turn?

No.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Wed 27 Mar 2013, 2:52 pm

Yay, another Cena heel turn thread.

So he turns. Who replaces him as the Number 1 face?
Until there is a clear front runner, it ain't happening. I think the pay off would be so much more if they give Ryback another year of becoming the überface, and then have Cena turn heel by screwing the Undertaker for the streak next year.

The kids would hate him, and the haters would still hate him.
I see no point in turning him just to cheer up the IWC for a month.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Mar 2013, 2:56 pm

He should never be turned face just to cheer up the IWC, not that Vince would ever look to do that anyway, he should turn because its the right thing to do at the right time

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 27 Mar 2013, 2:57 pm

I wouldnt hate him if he ended the streak, i'd mark.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Wed 27 Mar 2013, 3:03 pm

But do you hate Cena?
I like Cena. I like what his character stands for. No, not hustle, loyalty and respect, but the Superhero Face. There's not been enough of them since the end of Warrior and WWF Hogan.

Some people hate him. They want him to turn. I wouldn't give them the satisfaction so I'd try and keep the hate they have for him on him. They would be screwing if he took the streak. Like that freak who destroyed his blu-ray collection after the Rumble. Me, I'm with you, I'd mark.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Mar 2013, 3:12 pm

I'd mark if the Streak was broken, at this point I couldn't care less, what I definitely wouldn't want is Ryback to be the next guy, what the WWE don't need is another Cena-esque era

I don't like what Cena stands for, I loved what The Warrior was back in 1989-91 but I never liked Hogan but like everything else Pro Wrestling has moved on, I think there's a place for that type of character but not to the extent they've went to with Cena

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 27 Mar 2013, 3:41 pm

I don’t hate Cena, I’m just tired of his character. Certain markets still find his character appealing and I credit him for making the gimmick last so long but surely John Cena himself must want to change the direction of his character? As a professional I can’t believe he wouldn’t want to experience being a top heel at some point in his career. I don’t think it’s a case of if though, it’s more when. But it will definitely be when the time is right from a business perspective and when they have a top drawing face to fill his boots. CM Punk could easily be that guy.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed 27 Mar 2013, 3:58 pm

I'd go with a turn or at least a change in personality because his act at the moment is stale, the only question I have...is there anyone here who could buy in to Cena actually being a heel?

Can you see him dropping the superman act or talking down to the fans all of a sudden and it feeling natural. It may be what we want but would it actually work?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Wed 27 Mar 2013, 3:59 pm

Punk is like Macho Man to Cena's Hogan. He's super popular and can easily play the face or heel, but it'll be a Warrior or Bret Hart that'll have to come through to take the top spot going forward.

I'd be tempted to give Dolph Ziggler a run. I'd turn him in the same way Mr Perfect turned in 92. Although he has said he doesn't want a face turn.

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 27 Mar 2013, 4:27 pm

I agree. I said ages ago i think Ziggler would have a more succesful career as a face. I also think Roman Reigns will one day be a super over face.

The danger with turning Cena is that he might not get as much heat as a heel as he does as a face.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Wed 27 Mar 2013, 4:54 pm

Kid Vicious wrote:Yay, another Cena heel turn thread.

So he turns. Who replaces him as the Number 1 face?
Until there is a clear front runner, it ain't happening. I think the pay off would be so much more if they give Ryback another year of becoming the überface, and then have Cena turn heel by screwing the Undertaker for the streak next year.

The kids would hate him, and the haters would still hate him.
I see no point in turning him just to cheer up the IWC for a month.

I know there has been alot of talk about it in recent weeks but, after reading that, i genuinly thought could they go down the route with austin and mcmhaon. Wasnt any need for any sarcastic remarks. CM punk is a front runner, fair enough his a heel at the moment but things can change quickly in wwe, theres also shaemus who is quite over, especially with the kids, my little cousins love him. so wwe do have options.

Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Wed 27 Mar 2013, 5:19 pm

Sorry Mak, I've just seen your join-date so that remark may have been uncalled for on my part. But so many threads are:

Cena Heel Turn
Undertakers Streak
I love The Rock so much
Oh how I miss the Attitude Era
What are the chances of Jericho returning at the next PPV?

Is it too much to ask for the occasional thread on Tom Zenk?!
Shocked

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Mar 2013, 5:55 pm

You could always start one

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kid Vicious Wed 27 Mar 2013, 5:59 pm

Kid Vicious

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 27 Mar 2013, 6:00 pm

Kid Vicious wrote:Sorry Mak, I've just seen your join-date so that remark may have been uncalled for on my part. But so many threads are:

Cena Heel Turn
Undertakers Streak
I love The Rock so much
Oh how I miss the Attitude Era
What are the chances of Jericho returning at the next PPV?

Is it too much to ask for the occasional thread on Tom Zenk?!
Shocked
i am interviewing the ECW Zombie tonight for the journal.

That should generate 3 comments tomorrow if the honky tonk man interview is aything to go by!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Makaveli Wed 27 Mar 2013, 6:11 pm

Its kwl kid vicious dont worry about it

Makaveli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Mar 2013, 6:19 pm

Kid Vicious wrote:Who'd reply?

https://www.606v2.com/t41379-sid
ahem..

Not me as I've got no real interest in him, if some sort of side subject came about from it though then who knows

As for the Sid stuff, I've got no clue, no point replying with a "No" though as anyone with info would post or if anyone wanted to find out info they could search for it on google, same as yourself

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 29 Mar 2013, 9:12 am

They could replace him with Ryback and CM Punk. Like him or not (and I like him) Ryback is already getting massive pops and everyone loves chanting "feed me more" so the kids who once loved Cena will soon love him. As for CM Punk we all know how much everone loved him as a face.

So you could turn Cena and have Ryback to please the kids and CM Punk to please the smarks. That would work.

It wont happen though. Prefer Punk as a heel anyway.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 29 Mar 2013, 9:53 am

I prefer Punk as a face to be honest, I just want him to be a face who says what he wants when he wants and has an issue with all the crap that goes on instead of a happy smiling back slapping face, I think his best in the World gimmick suits him but you don't see it when he's a heel

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 29 Mar 2013, 10:04 am

Punk was born to be a tweener, saying what he wants but get an amazing reaction...MITB Punk was him at his best and while he plays the heel perfectly I just think tweener suits him a lot better.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Fri 29 Mar 2013, 10:41 am

Kay Fabe wrote:I prefer Punk as a face to be honest, I just want him to be a face who says what he wants when he wants and has an issue with all the crap that goes on instead of a happy smiling back slapping face, I think his best in the World gimmick suits him but you don't see it when he's a heel

Totally agree with this. Punk's absolutely fantastic as a heel, no doubt about it. I just think he's got more restrictions to work with as a heel whereas if you turn him face and give him free reign you'll get the best out of him and still have the majority of the audience on his side, regardless of who he's going up against.

If Cena turns, Punk HAS to become the #1 babyface. He's too good to play second fiddle to anyone so if he's not going to be the #1 heel anymore then he's got to be the #1 face.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 01 Apr 2013, 9:22 am

Am I the only one who marked out for the return of Big Johnny? I love this guy! He got a lot of heat as well so hopefully they will find a way to bring him back permanently. He is brilliant!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 01 Apr 2013, 10:02 am

Surely Punk is too, punk to be babyface? The tattoos, pipebombs, piercings. Not the image parents want their kids to look up to.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 01 Apr 2013, 10:41 am

kingraf wrote:Surely Punk is too, punk to be babyface? The tattoos, pipebombs, piercings. Not the image parents want their kids to look up to.

Might be true, maybe they'd like the fact he doesn't drink or smoke? haha

I'd say that if he does go face again he needs to do it how he was around MITB where he basically said and did what he wanted and was almost an anti-face.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 01 Apr 2013, 10:51 am

Yeah, but remember, the thing that shot Punk up to stardom "Pipe bombs" werent scripted. Can the E really trust him on the mic to appease the children. Lastly, while Punks sobriety could be a great angle, Cena doesnt advocate drinking either. In fact, the only baby face in company history whose angle consisted of being a careless drunk was Austin. So it wouldnt be a great improvement from Cena in terms of that.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 01 Apr 2013, 10:54 am

Ie Austin

According to the dirt sheets there's three options for Cena at Mania being considered...

Spoiler:

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Mon 01 Apr 2013, 11:00 am

I think we all know which one there'll go for then

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 01 Apr 2013, 11:05 am

I'm still plumping for the second option myself, the fact Rock is booked for the following PPV says it won't end cleanly.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 01 Apr 2013, 11:28 am

I really REALLY hope they don't go for option one because I feel that the Shield offer more than being used like puppets but saying that it could work because the injustice could be that a part timer has been the main event match two years in a row. If they did go for this option do you see Cena coming out in a Shield style uniform? haha

The only reason I can see this not making sense is that originally they were hired by Heyman so would that link Heyman and Cena?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 01 Apr 2013, 11:37 am

Heyman is the Don King of wrestling. Imagine him hacving Cena, Punk, and Lesnar on his watch!! It could also go some way to explaining why Cena was out of the Title picture for a year! yes it would make the lasy year of WWE invalid, but think of the future!!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 01 Apr 2013, 11:47 am

The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. It would ad a shade of shadyness to the E. Create a scene whereby it is suggested that the (Kay Fabe) fix is in.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 01 Apr 2013, 12:08 pm

actually when I typed that I liked it more, it could be a way to turn CM Punk face.

Have Cena win using the Shield, have Lesnar beat HHH, have the Shield beat Big Shandy but have CM Punk lose to Taker. Then the next night on RAW have Heyman enter the ring with Cena, Lesnar and the shield claiming that he only deals with winners and they were here to take over the WWE.

CM Punk could come out and tell them that he wouldn't let that happen because the WWE was "his company" and that soon that title would be his once again because he's the best in the world.

Imagine a super team of The Shield, Cena and Lesnar with a few other stars joining as well...could come to a head for the WWE title at Survivor Series with a 5 man tag match for the WWE title with the person getting the winning pin being the new WWE champ, this could also break the team up with people breaking up their teams own winning pin attempts.

Just imagine, Cena has Punk down for the pin and Lesnar breaks it up because he want's the title.

I know this won't happen but now I want it haha.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 01 Apr 2013, 12:10 pm

Eh, I don't think Cena will turn heel, but a change of character emphasis would help him. His character is very stale at this point.

Orton's the turn I imagine.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 01 Apr 2013, 12:20 pm

But I think Orton is so over as a character (give me one real difference between Orton the heel and Orton the face), that the fans will cheer him on anyway.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 01 Apr 2013, 12:25 pm

Ortons stalled post suspension though. A heel turn at WM might be the spark he needs.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 01 Apr 2013, 12:31 pm

I'm sure he could easily make people boo him, all he has to do is tell them that he's better than all of them and cheat to win a few times...he used to get boo'd so he could do it again.

I'd still cheer though to be fair haha.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 01 Apr 2013, 12:32 pm

Even if he doesn't go heel, he needs an edge though.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 01 Apr 2013, 12:32 pm

I still dont think Heel Orton generates the Heat. Even towards the end of that great heel run in '09, people were applauding him when he was punting people. Orton is simply to cool to be hated. Especially with the faces on Smack Down!
Although Sheamus-Orton could be fun, both being imho in the same boat.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 01 Apr 2013, 12:33 pm

He had great heat throughout that run though. He only got cheers towards the end when he was beating on DiBiase and Rhodes
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 01 Apr 2013, 12:35 pm

Yeah, but towards the end, it was like the punt was sweet chin music, thats how crazy arenas went!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 01 Apr 2013, 12:36 pm

Yeah DiBiase and Rhodes were meant to stand up to him as faces, didn't turn out that way lol
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 01 Apr 2013, 12:37 pm

Its a shame, until he got moved to SD, he and Cena were basically 1a and 1b.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 01 Apr 2013, 12:42 pm

True, but Orton was massively over in his run as WH champ. His feud with Christian was for me the feud of 2011. some of the matches were just remarkable. Especially when it became about "Cardio" as Booker would say. Its a pity Christian didnt tie up the feud, but tossing around a championship is never good for prestige.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 01 Apr 2013, 12:49 pm

I much prefer Orton wrestling as a face, I think some people forget how boring he was as a heel in ring, he had the name of Randy 'Chinlock' Orton for a reason.

I've stated before my support for Cena winning clean so I won't go down that road, but if WWE do want to turn him they need to plan it 6 months to a year down the line and commit to building 2-3 faces who can take his place.

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 01 Apr 2013, 1:09 pm

On Orton's heel turn it really depends how you define a heel. 20 years ago if he turns heel he gets heat straight away, but nowadays heels are more popular than faces with a decent section of the crowd.

Its not that he has to be hated, but it would be a heel turn in the long running sense of the word. He would act in a way we would enjoy, his character would display more classic heel actions, but it doesnt naturally make him a heel these days because of the former of those points. Thus, I would rather he have a heel turn, and one consistent with his character. So, no pathetic and cowardly wins, but a vicious Muppet of a wrestler.

I kind of think Cena will turn, but my natural pessimism about WWE pushing the button on it means I cant commit to that thinking

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 01 Apr 2013, 1:39 pm

But is there any character difference between Orton the Heel and Orton the face?
He still doesnt like anyone
He still RKO's everyone
He still cuts intense, yet hollow promos
he just does it with a smile now.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 01 Apr 2013, 1:42 pm

kingraf wrote:But is there any character difference between Orton the Heel and Orton the face?
He still doesnt like anyone
He still RKO's everyone
He still cuts intense, yet hollow promos
he just does it with a smile now.

Yes. A massive one: the beard.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next