The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cena heel turn - Is it the right message.

+10
MtotheC
Beer
nasisillmatic
liverbnz
Dr Gregory House MD
Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF
Samo
boomdangle
bedpan mcmahon
DJ Legless
14 posters

Go down

Cena heel turn - Is it the right message. Empty Cena heel turn - Is it the right message.

Post by DJ Legless Mon 30 Jan 2012, 1:39 am

As I am watching the rumble and of course i have the tennents going down a treat i started thinking to myself, Is a cena heel turn really the right message to send to kids.

We all know that the WWE receive a lot of negative feedback for the things that they do, my point is this. At the moment Cena is embracing don't embrace the hate. If he was to turn does that let us believe that hate is the way forward? I for one would welcome a heel turn but is this really the way to go. What will the kids think?

As I am saying I do agree he should turn but we all know how kids are towards him and we all know how easy kids believe things, take Santa and the tooth fairy as an example.

So my question is this, what do you think will happen and if a heel turn emerges do you think this is the correct way to go?

DJ Legless

Back to top Go down

Cena heel turn - Is it the right message. Empty Re: Cena heel turn - Is it the right message.

Post by bedpan mcmahon Mon 30 Jan 2012, 3:06 am

seriously? hu cares wat the kids think! thinking abt the kids is what turned wrestling in to a repetitive bore over the last few years!
ur rite wen u say the wwe will get negative feedback for it but atleast its gonna be more entertaining for us

bedpan mcmahon

Back to top Go down

Cena heel turn - Is it the right message. Empty Re: Cena heel turn - Is it the right message.

Post by boomdangle Mon 30 Jan 2012, 8:35 am

What is it bischoff said.........Controversy creates cash

boomdangle

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 30 Jan 2012, 12:01 pm

bedpan mcmahon wrote:seriously? hu cares wat the kids think! thinking abt the kids is what turned wrestling in to a repetitive bore over the last few years!
ur rite wen u say the wwe will get negative feedback for it but atleast its gonna be more entertaining for us

Yeah, because the IWC are the main target audience. And who cares what investors and shareholders think. And who cares about public image? Especially during an anti-bullying campaign.

Right now, I dont think its in the WWE's best interests from a business point of view.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF Mon 30 Jan 2012, 1:42 pm

I'm beginning to think it won't be a Cena heel turn.

It will be a Ryder heel turn as he has enough of cena getting him involved. Build it to look like Cena might embrace the hate but have Ryder embracing the hate instead.

Last edited by Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF on Mon 30 Jan 2012, 1:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : I had Ryder embracing the hat)

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon 30 Jan 2012, 2:22 pm

Had been thinking this myself, either way it plays out at least Cena has been more interesting in the past few months than he ha in years

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 31 Jan 2012, 7:53 am

That'll be up to Cena and the WWE to have the character protrayed in such a way that it'll show kids that 'embracing hate' is not the way to go, i.e. Cena will have to start losing matches/fueds like all heels do.

Anyhow, if your kids are getting morality lessons from the WWE then you have issues.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 31 Jan 2012, 11:20 am

Zoot - Trevor Swann 6WF wrote:I'm beginning to think it won't be a Cena heel turn.

It will be a Ryder heel turn as he has enough of cena getting him involved. Build it to look like Cena might embrace the hate but have Ryder embracing the hate instead.

I 100% agree, I am convinced that Cena will not turn heel.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 31 Jan 2012, 11:29 am

He will turn heel, but he won't do it under this 'Embrace the Hate' image. I think it will simply sew the seeds of doubt into Cena's increasingly fragile mind.

He'll turn at WM against The Rock.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 31 Jan 2012, 11:37 am

King Beer wrote:He will turn heel, but he won't do it under this 'Embrace the Hate' image. I think it will simply sew the seeds of doubt into Cena's increasingly fragile mind.

I dont think so, I think it could be just after. He'll be the heel going in by default, same as when he fought Punk at MitB. Its hard to pull off a successful heel turn infront of a crowd that already hates you.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 31 Jan 2012, 11:47 am

Samo wrote:
King Beer wrote:He will turn heel, but he won't do it under this 'Embrace the Hate' image. I think it will simply sew the seeds of doubt into Cena's increasingly fragile mind.

I dont think so, I think it could be just after. He'll be the heel going in by default, same as when he fought Punk at MitB. Its hard to pull off a successful heel turn infront of a crowd that already hates you.

Exactly, the crowd will boo him no matter what so it woudn't make much impact.

The problem with the heel turn is who is Cena turning against? Cena's situation is complex and a heel turn would have to be well thought out and executed which is what it being teased at the moment.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 31 Jan 2012, 11:48 am

nasisillmatic wrote:
Samo wrote:

The problem with the heel turn is who is Cena turning against? Cena's situation is complex and a heel turn would have to be well thought out and executed which is what it being teased at the moment.

There is absolutely nobody in the WWE who could be used to execute a Cena Heel turn.

The Rock is the only person that could be used to generate enough hatred for Cena to turn fully.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:02 pm

King Beer wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:
Samo wrote:

There is absolutely nobody in the WWE who could be used to execute a Cena Heel turn.

The Rock is the only person that could be used to generate enough hatred for Cena to turn fully.

I agree but do you think The Rock not staying around after Mania would effect it?

Also do you think it's a possibility that if Cena was to turn at Mania that the crowd would actually mark out and cheer him?

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:07 pm

nasisillmatic wrote:
King Beer wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:
Samo wrote:

I agree but do you think The Rock not staying around after Mania would effect it?

Also do you think it's a possibility that if Cena was to turn at Mania that the crowd would actually mark out and cheer him?

I doubt it, not against The Rock anyway.

For me, there needs to be someone else involved unless he is just eventually going to get fed up with the fans and snap.

Hopefully the feud with Kane will push towards this.

As for them, it's rumoured that Mania won't be the only match, with a 3 match series potentiallty on the table.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:17 pm

King Beer wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:
King Beer wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:
Samo wrote:

I doubt it, not against The Rock anyway.

For me, there needs to be someone else involved unless he is just eventually going to get fed up with the fans and snap.

Hopefully the feud with Kane will push towards this.

As for them, it's rumoured that Mania won't be the only match, with a 3 match series potentiallty on the table.

If the 3 match series was to happen then I could see Cena injuring Rock at Mania, then The Rock making his comeback at Summerslam.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:27 pm

Only problem with that is Rock will be off filming movies, so kinda breaks the whole Kayfabe thing.

I'd imagine he'll just beat the holy hell out of him and then brag about it for weeks.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:56 pm

To turn Cena on the Rock it needs to be infront of a neutral crowd. Like I said, you cant turn someone heel with a crowd who already hates them.

3 options:

A. Cena beats the Rock up and down Miami, total squash match, Rock gets zero offense in. - Cena gets booed.

B. Cena and Rock have an absolute classic, momentum shifting, plently of near falls, a match for the ages. - Cena gets booed.

C. Cena gets in the ring, lies on his back, and lets the Rock get the pinfall. - Cena gets booed.

Hell, Cena could even do a Foley-esque cheap pop and STILL get booed. He could come out singing the praises of Miami and still get booed.

The only way I can see a decent heel turn now is to team him with Ryder in Long Island and have him screw Ryder over. THAT would be a heel turn.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:59 pm

Ryder? You've gotta be kidding me?

Ryder is not THAT over that he could turn the biggest name in the WWE in the last 7 yearas heel.

Cena will get a mixed reaction. It's his die hard fans that he has to turn against him and by snapping, taking out the Rock, shooting down the fans etc would do that.

Ryder........... Laugh

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:05 pm

If they were to align cena with a heat magnet like vince or even jonny ace ( not as hot but still provides a heel reaction) could get him over as a heel. I would have him turn on the fans that love him and align with ace, together they could screw punk out of the wwe tittle.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:10 pm

See, if he did turn heel and aligned himself with Vince or Johnny Ace, for me, he would need to be at Raw the next night and win the title by screwing Punk.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:10 pm

Cenas hardcore fans are Anti-Rock. How would taking out the Rock turn the fans on him?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:11 pm

They aren't anti Rock!?

How many times has be been booed since he got back?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:14 pm

Oh so none of them got PO'd when the Rock gave him a Rock Bottom at Survivor Series? Or called him a box of fruity pebbles? The majority of the Crowd is so pro-Rock that the pro-Cena crowd gets drowned out. If you honestly believe that Cena will get a mixed reaction in Miami then you're deluding yourself.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:15 pm

Hmmm, says he who thinks Zack Ryder is the man to do it.....

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:19 pm

Because The Rock is too big a star. The Rock will get cheered no matter what he does in this day in age. He's that much of a novelty he could come down the ramp, take a fans mother in the ring, lay the SmackDown on her, call her son an bumhole and leave, and STILL get cheered.

I think Ryder is the best choice, because he's pretty well over with the crowd, even more so if it was his hometown.

Cena turning on Zack, his best friend, and costing him a US title match in Long Island would generate more heat for Cena than anything he can do against the Rock.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:22 pm

Sorry Samo, i just don't buy it. He's not over enough, the Long Island effect is the same as the Miami effect!? Who outside of Long Island is gonna care that Cena turned on Ryder? even if he was banging Eve i wouldn't care.

Your point you made is exactly why if Cena properly screws him, destroy's him and turns on the fans in Miami, everyone will hate him, no matter where he goes.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:26 pm

I imagine Mania will end with a handshake between Rock & Cena after Cena goes over clean.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:28 pm

nasisillmatic wrote:I imagine Mania will end with a handshake between Rock & Cena after Cena goes over clean.

Which would be massively disappointing.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:44 pm

I think after Being left very disappointed with the rumble if this is how Mania ends, it will be the last time I watch WWE

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:48 pm

King Beer wrote:
nasisillmatic wrote:I imagine Mania will end with a handshake between Rock & Cena after Cena goes over clean.

Which would be massively disappointing.

After watching the Royal Rumble I am confident of this happening. The way they wasted the Jericho return and Orton's injury comeback I have no faith in anything out of the ordinary happening at WM 28 regarding Cena.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 31 Jan 2012, 5:26 pm

Surely though there is no going back now. They HAVE to turn him heel. The boos will never stop and will only get louder so are they gonna go back to just ignoring them? Or are they happy to have their top babyface getting booed more than most heels for the rest of his career.

He will turn heel. He simply has to.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Tue 31 Jan 2012, 7:49 pm

Could it not just happen slowly ala Daniel Bryan?

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Wed 01 Feb 2012, 1:39 pm

psycho-gooner wrote:Could it not just happen slowly ala Daniel Bryan?

I don't think so. If Cena were to turn heel it would have to be at major PPV and hold some shock value like Austin & Hogan.

In my mind this would be the biggest and most unique turn of all time because of the situation he is in.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr H Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:05 pm

I dont think its hard at all to pull off a heel turn infront of a crowd that already hates you. Miami will be desperate for a Rock win and to see their hometown hero standing tall at the finish celebrating. Anything other than that will garner heat, and Cena cheating to win or attacking Rock after the match will only garner more heat than what he would already get. I can easily picture Cena looking back from the stage with a sinister look on his face as Rock lays motionless in the ring as Mania goes off the air. The commentators will have a huge huge part to play in putting over the turn, they have to make it believable, put over their shock at what just transpired, condemning Cena for his actions. The majority of the viewing audience will not be in Miami, they will be watching on PPV, so i'd suggest the role of the commentators and actually emotion/acting from Cena will be far more important in the turn than the live crowd as they'll only boo him anyway. They are the foundation, the turn is there on a plate if the WWE want it.

Mr H

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:39 pm

The turn has laready began, it should heat up a notch at Wrestlemania against The Rock and finally reach boiling point when Cena cheats to beat Punk for the WWE title somwhere between this Wrestlemania 28 and 29. If the turn occurs against Punk it will help to prevent "Smarks" and "Smart" fans from cheering the Heel turn, because Punk is they're hero.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:53 pm

Did anyone else hear a few boos for Punk at the Royal Rumble?

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Wed 01 Feb 2012, 2:56 pm

Can't say I did, but there was a very audible "BORING" while Sheamus was talking on RAW in the opening segment.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Wed 01 Feb 2012, 4:37 pm

Mr H wrote:I dont think its hard at all to pull off a heel turn infront of a crowd that already hates you. Miami will be desperate for a Rock win and to see their hometown hero standing tall at the finish celebrating. Anything other than that will garner heat, and Cena cheating to win or attacking Rock after the match will only garner more heat than what he would already get. I can easily picture Cena looking back from the stage with a sinister look on his face as Rock lays motionless in the ring as Mania goes off the air. The commentators will have a huge huge part to play in putting over the turn, they have to make it believable, put over their shock at what just transpired, condemning Cena for his actions. The majority of the viewing audience will not be in Miami, they will be watching on PPV, so i'd suggest the role of the commentators and actually emotion/acting from Cena will be far more important in the turn than the live crowd as they'll only boo him anyway. They are the foundation, the turn is there on a plate if the WWE want it.

Your point about the commentators is spot on, they will have a big part to play.

Lets hope Vince's policy of them sitting in silence while something shocking happens is put to bed. It's a horrible rule.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down