The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guillermo Coria

+11
wow
Josiah Maiestas
sportslover
Calder106
legendkillar
sirfredperry
lydian
laverfan
Tenez
bogbrush
Chazfazzer
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Guillermo Coria - Page 2 Empty Guillermo Coria

Post by Chazfazzer Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:23 am

First topic message reminder :

Just randomly found this video from 2005 on Youtube, and it reminded me how good Guillermo Coria actually was. Some of the rallies in this match were phenomenal! Such a shame that Coria's serve deserted him, as he could have potentially been right up there at the top for a few years - he was quite similar to Ferrer, but with the added bonus of arguably more touch and inventiveness around the court. Unfortunately, his dress sense (at least in this match) seems to have been far worse; I don't know whose idea the skin-tight top was!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HymGHfzkU4A&feature=feedrec_grec_index

Chazfazzer

Back to top Go down

Guillermo Coria - Page 2 Empty Re: Guillermo Coria

Post by raiders_of_the_lost_ark Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:20 am

laverfan wrote:
Tenez wrote:Not as crass as willing someone to be banned.

You get banned based on your behaviour alone, by repeating your arguments regarding a specific player. Wink

Then everyone should get banned, should they? Because I don't see anyone has changed their arguments about any player one little bit. Every one has their points and they are going to keep it as long as they want to. No amount of persuasion is going to change it. They all keep coming up again and again, repeats after repeats, in new forms, in new threads, but essentially remain the same. I don't think any discussion in this forum changes the anyone's opinion about any player. This doesn't mean they should get banned.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark
raiders_of_the_lost_ark

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:34 am

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:
laverfan wrote:
Tenez wrote:Not as crass as willing someone to be banned.

You get banned based on your behaviour alone, by repeating your arguments regarding a specific player. Wink

Then everyone should get banned, should they? Because I don't see anyone has changed their arguments about any player one little bit. Every one has their points and they are going to keep it as long as they want to. No amount of persuasion is going to change it. They all keep coming up again and again, repeats after repeats, in new forms, in new threads, but essentially remain the same. I don't think any discussion in this forum changes the anyone's opinion about any player. This doesn't mean they should get banned.

Where does she say that Tenez should be banned?

If you read it is implied that his 'behaviour' is not tolerated on other forums.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:50 pm

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Then everyone should get banned, should they?
If that is how you interpret it, then my apologies. As LK says, it is not my intent to get anyone banned. Please read Lydian's comments regarding bans handed out in other forums.

raiders_of_the_lost_ark wrote:Every one has their points and they are going to keep it as long as they want to. No amount of persuasion is going to change it.

I am not married to my own view point. I have changed it several times and have learnt to appreciate what players bring on the court. If a spectator dislikes a player, there is no obligation whatsoever to watch this specific player on the court.

To take an example, after Federer lost the 2010 SF to Djokovic, he was asked whether he would watch the final. He stated his preference for shopping in NY City rather than watch the final. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:29 pm

My opinion is not my religion.

Its not my prejudice either and it doesn't cloud my judgement because it doesn't take up every minute of every day expounding it in blase fashion, for all to see, ad nauseum in almost every article.

But thats just my humble sentiment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2