The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Anyone Going to World Tour Finals 2011?

+9
Tenez
Jeremy_Kyle
lags72
carrieg4
Marcus
time please
sirfredperry
legendkillar
noleisthebest
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Anyone Going to World Tour Finals 2011? Empty Is Anyone Going to World Tour Finals 2011?

Post by noleisthebest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 7:45 pm

this is the third year of WTF in London, a chance for a mortal to come and see the starts without being a millionaire or having to camp for tickets...
I went both in 2009 and 10, bought the tickets well in advance, but noticed that the best tickets got released just before the tournament.
With that "wisdom" I waited until recently only to find out that ALMOST ALL tickets have gone (at face value price) and you can only get tickets from the "official" resellers for a a lot more. The problem is you can't just get a single ticket but at least two or three.
I ended up buying a cheapo for the opening evening session on Sunday, just for the sake it, to "sniff" the atmosphere and hope I'll somehow get reasonable ticket for the semis . I really want to see Nole, and hope to be 3rd tie lucky Very Happy

Is anyone else going or has a ticket they don't want?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Is Anyone Going to World Tour Finals 2011? Empty Re: Is Anyone Going to World Tour Finals 2011?

Post by legendkillar Sun 30 Oct 2011, 7:51 pm

I am actually going next year. I was going to go this year, but me tennis buddy has been under the weather Sad

Tickets for next NITB go on sale 2nd of February. I want to get Semi-Final tickets. I know that you can get some good matches at the start of the week.

We should plan a get together with fellow 606er's Smile

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Is Anyone Going to World Tour Finals 2011? Empty Re: Is Anyone Going to World Tour Finals 2011?

Post by noleisthebest Sun 30 Oct 2011, 8:21 pm

legendkillar wrote:I am actually going next year. I was going to go this year, but me tennis buddy has been under the weather Sad

Tickets for next NITB go on sale 2nd of February. I want to get Semi-Final tickets. I know that you can get some good matches at the start of the week.

We should plan a get together with fellow 606er's Smile

I have a sneaqy feeling it might be a Murray Nole final, so imagine moi "with" all of you Shocked

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:27 pm

Going Tues night - in a box (hospitality, rather than death). I hate corporate hospitality immensely. All those people eating and drinking in the best seats with no interest in the sport. But then I get invited and what do I do - I accept, that's what.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:30 pm

sirfredperry wrote:Going Tues night - in a box (hospitality, rather than death). I hate corporate hospitality immensely. All those people eating and drinking in the best seats with no interest in the sport. But then I get invited and what do I do - I accept, that's what.

Swine!!! furious

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:46 pm

legendkillar wrote:
sirfredperry wrote:Going Tues night - in a box (hospitality, rather than death). I hate corporate hospitality immensely. All those people eating and drinking in the best seats with no interest in the sport. But then I get invited and what do I do - I accept, that's what.

Swine!!! furious

Laugh

Haven't got tickets yet - I went in 2009 and was lucky enough to see TMF, Rafa and Andy only failed to see Novak. Didn't go last year because very depressed with TMF, and so should have bought finals tickets.

The trouble is that it is a bit of an effort to get to O2 and then I really want to see all the top four, which means I need to buy tickets for four sessions - and I just can't justify. I know I am going to regret decision because the atmosphere is electric and great fun, but will still enjoy from my sofa!

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Mon 31 Oct 2011, 1:57 pm

Went in 09, to the final, which, amazingly, featured NONE of the top four. Can't see that happening this year, nor often in the future. Visited the 02 when they were building (rebuilding) it and went into the central arena, thinking this would be a great venue for the yr-end champs, or any other tourney for that matter.
Pleased London has got this for a few more years yet. I know Rafa is bleating on about the UK tax situation (do the players really care that much about the money, or is it something else like the court being too fast) but I think the players like London for this event.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 31 Oct 2011, 2:26 pm

Have a super time Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 31 Oct 2011, 2:38 pm

I think there should be an effort to get some of the 606v2'ers going next year Smile

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 31 Oct 2011, 4:39 pm

legendkillar wrote:I think there should be an effort to get some of the 606v2'ers going next year Smile

TBH, I'm not leaving anything to the "next" year, you never know how long it's going to last in London , plus the current crop of players may not be there next year.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 31 Oct 2011, 4:41 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
legendkillar wrote:I think there should be an effort to get some of the 606v2'ers going next year Smile

TBH, I'm not leaving anything to the "next" year, you never know how long it's going to last in London , plus the current crop of players may not be there next year.

I would actually go this year if my pockets were not leaking cash Sad

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Mon 31 Oct 2011, 4:59 pm

I'll be there. :corporatehospitality:

Hopefully the great JMDP will qualify. :fingerscrossed:

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by time please Mon 31 Oct 2011, 5:25 pm

Marcus wrote:I'll be there. :corporatehospitality:

Hopefully the great JMDP will qualify. :fingerscrossed:

another lucky swine Laugh

Never ever get corporate hospitality anymore and to think I used to complain about it - I'd bite someone's arm off now for a tedious afternoon with too much food and drink, but a hot ticket

time please

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus Mon 31 Oct 2011, 5:28 pm

Laugh

We've been quite lucky... despite the fact that Mrs Marcus is on maternity leave, she's still been able to wangle tickets. Happy days.

Marcus

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 31 Oct 2011, 5:55 pm

You're all swines!!! Laugh

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 7:15 pm

Just bought a super ticket for Monday night session Nole Berdych : YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Yahoo

Is anyone else going?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Tue 15 Nov 2011, 7:21 pm

noleisthebest wrote:Just bought a super ticket for Monday night session Nole Berdych : YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Yahoo

Is anyone else going?

I wish. Stuck at work Sad

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 7:23 pm

carrieg4 wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:Just bought a super ticket for Monday night session Nole Berdych : YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Yahoo

Is anyone else going?

there are still lots of good tickets, great seats for £63 both for Nole's and Andy's matches.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Tue 15 Nov 2011, 7:28 pm

I want to go (enjoyed it so much last year, esp. the tennis village or whatever it was called ?) but the good tickets are pricey. Still debating whether I should raid my piggy bank, or stick with TV ....... Headscratch

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 7:31 pm

lags72 wrote:I want to go (enjoyed it so much last year, esp. the tennis village or whatever it was called ?) but the good tickets are pricey. Still debating whether I should raid my piggy bank, or stick with TV ....... Headscratch

Come on £63 is reasonable....and there are good seats to be had, hurry up if you are interested...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Tue 15 Nov 2011, 7:39 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
lags72 wrote:I want to go (enjoyed it so much last year, esp. the tennis village or whatever it was called ?) but the good tickets are pricey. Still debating whether I should raid my piggy bank, or stick with TV ....... Headscratch

Come on £63 is reasonable....and there are good seats to be had, hurry up if you are interested...

I went last year. 200 £ for two tickets and I was so far away from the court (me being short sighted) that at middle of the match I decided to leave and watch it from home..... mad
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue 15 Nov 2011, 7:54 pm

I'll be in the final. Easy to spot me, I 'll be the one cheering for Henri Leconte.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 8:19 pm

Jeremy_Kyle wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

I went last year. 200 £ for two tickets and I was so far away from the court (me being short sighted) that at middle of the match I decided to leave and watch it from home..... mad

Get the tickets from the ATP site, not touts, Sunday and Monday tickets going for £63 (lower tier), come on you can't ask for more!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue 15 Nov 2011, 9:10 pm

I would love to go if my pennies were not tied up in Xmas pressies! mad

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Tue 15 Nov 2011, 9:25 pm

Am I right in thinking that only Sunday & Monday order of play is known at the moment ...?

Tenez wrote:I'll be in the final. Easy to spot me, I 'll be the one cheering for Henri Leconte.

Funny you should mention Leconte. He's my pick to win it. But if he doesn't make the SF's I'll be switching my allegiance to Bobby Riggs.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 9:32 pm

lags72 wrote:Am I right in thinking that only Sunday & Monday order of play is known at the moment ...?

Tenez wrote:I'll be in the final. Easy to spot me, I 'll be the one cheering for Henri Leconte.

Funny you should mention Leconte. He's my pick to win it. But if he doesn't make the SF's I'll be switching my allegiance to Bobby Riggs.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Finals/2011.aspx

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:23 pm

Ha ha! I can imagine. Non of that nasty physical stuff. Think you might be wasting your time cheering though. Nadal will slaughter him...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:36 pm

noleisthebest wrote:this is the third year of WTF in London, a chance for a mortal to come and see the starts without being a millionaire or having to camp for tickets...
I went both in 2009 and 10, bought the tickets well in advance, but noticed that the best tickets got released just before the tournament.

NITB- you did not like the atmosphere and still going for third straight Whistle year

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:10 pm

wow wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:this is the third year of WTF in London, a chance for a mortal to come and see the starts without being a millionaire or having to camp for tickets...

NITB- you did not like the atmosphere and still going for third straight Whistle year

Beggars can't be choosers Whistle

First year was horrible, sat next to a saddo who was groaning and sighing plus eating pop-corn all the time, on the other side there was a couple who looked to be on a first date....plus the seat was horrible! But Davy beat fed for the first time that year...
Last year was a bit better: great seat, great match, but still no Nole...THIS time though, great seat AND Nole playing.
With his shoulder there's guarantee he'll play at least that Monday match, and...I do prefer looking at Berdy rather than Ferrer Run
Anyway, am very excited and look forward to it very much!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:13 pm

I was there last year during Nadal v Berdych. TBF I quite liked the atmosphere, there were 2 tennis aficonados sat next to me and I was the only one in the whole arena supporting Berdych Sad

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:14 pm

wow wrote:I was there last year during Nadal v Berdych. TBF I quite liked the atmosphere, there were 2 tennis aficonados sat next to me and I was the only one in the whole arena supporting Berdych Sad

I wonder if I'll be the only one supporting Fish on Sunday Wink ....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by murrayfan Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:32 pm

I went to the WTF last year and was fortunate enough to be present at the Murray v Nadal SF. Although I did not get the outcome I was hoping for, I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and I am actually planning to go to the first SF again.
I am hoping Andy can make it at least one step further this time!

murrayfan

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Tue 15 Nov 2011, 11:55 pm

murrayfan wrote:I went to the WTF last year and was fortunate enough to be present at the Murray v Nadal SF. Although I did not get the outcome I was hoping for, I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and I am actually planning to go to the first SF again.
I am hoping Andy can make it at least one step further this time!

Welcome Murrayfan on 606. Yeah I too remember that much Andy was bit unlucky to not to go through. Yes this year he will go a step ahead.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Wed 16 Nov 2011, 9:42 am

Still don't know who I will see on my Tuesday night date (see above). Could well be Tsonga v Fish but - I think - certainly two from the Fed group. Am I right in thinking that in previous years they've annnoucned all the round-robin order of plays in advanced, or have they done it in dribs and drabs like this year? Anyway, should be fun and at least they're not starting the singles at that ridiculous 8.45pm time they came up with in 2009.
Surprise, surprise. Murray's Monday match is in the afternoon - as BBC don't appear to be broadcasting in the evenings.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 16 Nov 2011, 9:57 am

sirfredperry wrote:Still don't know who I will see on my Tuesday night date (see above). Could well be Tsonga v Fish but - I think - certainly two from the Fed group. Am I right in thinking that in previous years they've annnoucned all the round-robin order of plays in advanced, or have they done it in dribs and drabs like this year? Anyway, should be fun and at least they're not starting the singles at that ridiculous 8.45pm time they came up with in 2009.
Surprise, surprise. Murray's Monday match is in the afternoon - as BBC don't appear to be broadcasting in the evenings.

I don't remember how they were dong order of play last year as I had the ticket for the final so watched the rest as it came. I'm pretty sure it was dribs and drabs lat year, as well.

I reckon you'll be watching Nadal Federer Fred Wink enjoy Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Wed 16 Nov 2011, 10:10 am

"reckon you'll be watching Nadal Federer Fred enjoy" - Not if the BBC have their way. That will be the afternoon match !

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 16 Nov 2011, 10:39 am

sirfredperry wrote:"reckon you'll be watching Nadal Federer Fred enjoy" - Not if the BBC have their way. That will be the afternoon match !

USO has Super Saturday, we have Super Afternoons Laugh

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 12:07 pm

sirfredperry wrote:Still don't know who I will see on my Tuesday night date (see above). Could well be Tsonga v Fish but - I think - certainly two from the Fed group. Am I right in thinking that in previous years they've annnoucned all the round-robin order of plays in advanced, or have they done it in dribs and drabs like this year? Anyway, should be fun and at least they're not starting the singles at that ridiculous 8.45pm time they came up with in 2009.

Last two years they have waited until the first matches are over and then put the two winners in each section against each other for the second matches and so it follows the two losers. I expect they will do the same this year. Think the idea is to give the final matches as much relevance as possible.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 12:13 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
carrieg4 wrote:

Is anyone else going?

there are still lots of good tickets, great seats for £63 both for Nole's and Andy's matches.

Sad too many people have leave already at work - must be more organised next year.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 16 Nov 2011, 12:15 pm

carrieg4 wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:
carrieg4 wrote:

Is anyone else going?

Sad too many people have leave already at work - must be more organised next year.

I have leave next week... chin

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Wed 16 Nov 2011, 12:17 pm

Legend, just do it. You simply don't know what next year may bring, and then you may be kicking yourself...

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Wed 16 Nov 2011, 12:18 pm

Go for it legend - I would if I could.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 16 Nov 2011, 12:20 pm

chin

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:15 am

Is there a way to know which group will be playing on Friday eve before the semi? DO they alternate all week long (I guess they do). So if Nadal/Fed group play first, they will play their last round on Thursday and Friday will be teh Djoko Murray group...correct?

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:20 am

Tenez wrote:Is there a way to know which group will be playing on Friday eve before the semi? DO they alternate all week long (I guess they do). So if Nadal/Fed group play first, they will play their last round on Thursday and Friday will be teh Djoko Murray group...correct?

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Scores/Tournament-Draws.aspx

That's Nole's group. If Nole beats Murray on Wednesday then Nole will play Friday evening. That's my calculation only.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:21 am

[uBTW,

does anyone know if Year end number 1 player trophy presentation will take place on /Sunday and at what time, roughly: between the matches in the evening?

I forgot how it worked last year, and can't find it anywhere

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:26 am

noleisthebest wrote:
Tenez wrote:Is there a way to know which group will be playing on Friday eve before the semi? DO they alternate all week long (I guess they do). So if Nadal/Fed group play first, they will play their last round on Thursday and Friday will be teh Djoko Murray group...correct?

That's Nole's group. If Nole beats Murray on Wednesday then Nole will play Friday evening. That's my calculation only.

Mmmmhh not what I wanted NITB....sorry I don;t want to "spit in the soup" but I woudl have preferred do watch teh other group.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:27 am

Tenez wrote:
noleisthebest wrote:

Mmmmhh not what I wanted NITB....sorry I don;t want to "spit in the soup" but I woudl have preferred do watch teh other group.

Tenez, you know I don't mind people liking and not liking whoever they choose....Get a ticket for Thursday, then Very Happy

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:28 am

And if you believe Federer will beat Tsonga, on Sunday, then get a ticket for Tuesday evening.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:40 am

noleisthebest wrote:And if you believe Federer will beat Tsonga, on Sunday, then get a ticket for Tuesday evening.

I don;t believe Federer will beat Tsonga. Anything can happen nowadays. But going all the way to O2 is a pain and going twice is enough. I wish I coudl swa my ticket fro Tues but I can.t. Hopefully the final will be good.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next