The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey news/articles

+33
JDizzle
Bull
NickisBHAFC
kwinigolfer
Kidderlad
king_carlos
Biltong
msp83
LOVERBOY
HantsHenry
chrisss
Mike Selig
Derbyblue
kingdaveeagle
Mat
SimonofSurrey
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
thegooch7
Good Golly I'm Olly
atletico86
jimbohammers
jbd349
Shelsey93
jimbobgooner
Dulwich_Dog
Tibor
ChrisfromStroud
chichestersurryfan
Carrotdude
Corporalhumblebucket
guildfordbat
ShankyCricket
Fists of Fury
37 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Surrey news/articles - Page 9 Empty Surrey news/articles

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 01 Nov 2011, 10:32 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi guys

Just a quick one to let you know that I have spoken with All Out Cricket regarding the amount of Surrey fans we have here at 606v2, and they're going to look to provide any Surrey related blogs/news/articles that they have to this section. Given that their office is located near to the Oval, they often chat with the Surrey guys and as such get some good interviews, so hopefully they can get some of those across here for you fellas to get your teeth into.

Cheers

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Surrey news/articles - Page 9 Empty Re: Surrey news/articles

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 13 Sep 2012, 10:24 pm

"Moody’s set will focus on reggae classics – channelling the music of Bob Marley – whilst Pocock, who as well as taking an incredible 1,607 first-class wickets during his 22 year career has a fine singing voice – will be performing a set of rat pack numbers based on the career of Frank Sinatra." [Surrey website]

Anyone here ever heard "Percy" Pocock singing?! Erm

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Thu 13 Sep 2012, 11:08 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:
jimbobgooner wrote: Sorry no match thread for the lancashire game i have been in hospitail since monday.

Jimbob - my best wishes too for a full and speedy recovery..... thumbsup

cheers corporal thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by HantsHenry Thu 13 Sep 2012, 11:30 pm

Hi guys I saw on twitter that you might be losing, Wilson and potentially that young burns is there any truth in that?

HantsHenry

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 13 Sep 2012, 11:56 pm

Welcome to the forum, HantsHenry.

I can't see Burns going nor wanting to. He's settled into the side incredibly well this season. I suspect it's really all to do with haggling over the terms of a new contract.

Wilson generally does ok or even better than that when Surrey give him the opportunity. However, that isn't too often and has led to him being labelled ''the drinks carrier''. To be fair, he's also missed a fair few games this season due to Ireland committments which has been nobody's fault. Surrey won't want to lose him and would be sorry to see him go. He probably realises though that he'll always be more likely to be a squad member at Surrey than a first team regular. If he gets the guarantee of a starting place elsewhere, I guess he would want to move and I wouldn't blame him. It's difficult though to see which county would make him such an offer.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 14 Sep 2012, 12:02 am

and sadly the viscount as well Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 14 Sep 2012, 8:43 am

jimbobgooner wrote:and sadly the viscount as well Sad

The Viscount still has one year left on his contract. Surrey won't want to let him go although I can understand him becoming cheesed off with effectively being downgraded this year to a squad member and often playing second fiddle to Lewis. Unless another county pays compensation to Surrey to buy him out of his contract, I can't see him leaving yet. Yorks have been said to be interested but I doubt they'll want to stump up cash in compo. Maybe in a year's time when he'll be a free agent - Linley is originally from the Yorks area which might be a factor for him. I would be extremely sorry to see him go even then but would understand his need to leave and wish him well if he has to endure another year of not being given a fair crack of the whip (similar to Spriegel).

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 14 Sep 2012, 8:56 am

Meanwhile, the normally ultra reliable Richard Spiller writing in today's Surrey Ad reports that Chris Jordan has been released. Spiller adds that Jordan has already been linked with a move to Sussex.

I'm sure the decision to release him is the right one. Too much inconsistency which then got overtaken by too many regular poor performances. However, he undoubtedly had considerable talent and it is sad that it was not fulfilled in Surrey colours, partly through a back injury.

I'm surprised Sussex appear interested but wish him well if he can secure a contract there.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Fri 14 Sep 2012, 10:18 am

Hope your ok Jimbob OK

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 14 Sep 2012, 10:45 am

jimbohammers wrote:Hope your ok Jimbob OK
thank you jimbo thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 14 Sep 2012, 11:07 am

guildfordbat wrote:Meanwhile, the normally ultra reliable Richard Spiller writing in today's Surrey Ad reports that Chris Jordan has been released. Spiller adds that Jordan has already been linked with a move to Sussex.

I'm sure the decision to release him is the right one. Too much inconsistency which then got overtaken by too many regular poor performances. However, he undoubtedly had considerable talent and it is sad that it was not fulfilled in Surrey colours, partly through a back injury.

I'm surprised Sussex appear interested but wish him well if he can secure a contract there.
now confirmed on the website guildford

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 14 Sep 2012, 11:32 am

jimbobgooner wrote:

Yes - but Spiller The Beans and me beat them to it! Very Happy

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 14 Sep 2012, 11:35 am

guildfordbat wrote:
jimbobgooner wrote:

Yes - but Spiller The Beans and me beat them to it! Very Happy
warning

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 14 Sep 2012, 5:02 pm

some good news today Surrey and England seamer Stuart Meaker has signed a new three year deal that will keep him at the Kia Oval until 2015. Very Happy

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by SimonofSurrey Fri 14 Sep 2012, 6:46 pm

I confess I am at the head of the line of those who doubted we'd stay up. Having now finished in a league of our own, however, between the top 6 and relegation, it's not too early to turn minds to next season. The past few weeks have given us something to build on.

I am enthused by the addition to our ranks of Vikram Solanki. Ramprakash he ain't but he's been there and done that enough to be a steadying influence for our youngsters. I'd like to see him bat at 4 behind Burns and Davies, with Harinath at 3. The Brain has done enough these past two CC games - just - to stay at 5. At 6, I'd like to see J Roy given a good close season talking to, told to stop mucking about and give us the season he is capable of in 2013 with 1200+ CC runs at an average of 55/60. Wilson gives us top another top 6 batting option and of course w/k cover. Ansari has it in him to be a useful No 7/spinner, followed by Batty at 8 - who surely deserves the full time captaincy if he wants it. The pace attack, which I hope will continue to be disrupted by England calls, for me should be in this order of choice: Meaker, Dernbach, Linley, with Lewis as experienced cover (no more), then the youngsters according to vacancies and 2nd XI form. Jewell has thrown his hat firmly into the ring to become a good late middle order/seam all rounder - the player Chris Jordan never quite became.

A year older and a year wiser, I hope that bunch would give us more to smile about and fewer grey hairs than this season. Thoughts?

SimonofSurrey

Back to top Go down

Post by jbd349 Fri 14 Sep 2012, 7:41 pm

Very interesting thoughts and I agree with almost everything you say. The one thing that I'd go for differently is that given his form this season, I'd go for Wilson ahead of Roy.

jbd349

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 14 Sep 2012, 10:28 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:some good news today Surrey and England seamer Stuart Meaker has signed a new three year deal that will keep him at the Kia Oval until 2015. Very Happy
clap

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 14 Sep 2012, 10:32 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Meanwhile, the normally ultra reliable Richard Spiller writing in today's Surrey Ad reports that Chris Jordan has been released. Spiller adds that Jordan has already been linked with a move to Sussex.

No surprise Jordan released. Rarely did River flow in full spate for us. But just worth remembering for posterity that he did find some rare form at the very end of last season with several vital wickets and a couple of half centuries.... hope he does better for Sussex....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 14 Sep 2012, 11:08 pm

guildfordbat wrote:

Wilson generally does ok or even better than that when Surrey give him the opportunity. However, that isn't too often and has led to him being labelled ''the drinks carrier''. To be fair, he's also missed a fair few games this season due to Ireland committments which has been nobody's fault. Surrey won't want to lose him and would be sorry to see him go. He probably realises though that he'll always be more likely to be a squad member at Surrey than a first team regular. If he gets the guarantee of a starting place elsewhere, I guess he would want to move and I wouldn't blame him. It's difficult though to see which county would make him such an offer.

I hear that a certain Mr Batty has retired from Gloucs..... Maybe Chris from Stroud has been out with his cheque book Erm

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 14 Sep 2012, 11:17 pm

After all the tribulations with our batting this season it is worth noting that Surrey actually feature strongly at the top of the Div 1 batting averages, with Pieterson, Jewell and Wilson occupying 2nd, 5th and 6th with averages of around 95, 70, and 61 respectively..... Very Happy

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 16 Sep 2012, 1:21 pm

Nice tribute on the Surrey website to Micky Stewart on his 80th birthday. I did get to see him play for Surrey, (only at the tail end of his career of course Wink)

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Sun 16 Sep 2012, 1:36 pm

Corporalhumblebucket wrote:Nice tribute on the Surrey website to Micky Stewart on his 80th birthday. I did get to see him play for Surrey, (only at the tail end of his career of course Wink)
laughing

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 16 Sep 2012, 8:51 pm

SimonofSurrey wrote:I confess I am at the head of the line of those who doubted we'd stay up. Having now finished in a league of our own, however, between the top 6 and relegation, it's not too early to turn minds to next season. The past few weeks have given us something to build on.

I am enthused by the addition to our ranks of Vikram Solanki. Ramprakash he ain't but he's been there and done that enough to be a steadying influence for our youngsters. I'd like to see him bat at 4 behind Burns and Davies, with Harinath at 3. The Brain has done enough these past two CC games - just - to stay at 5. At 6, I'd like to see J Roy given a good close season talking to, told to stop mucking about and give us the season he is capable of in 2013 with 1200+ CC runs at an average of 55/60. Wilson gives us top another top 6 batting option and of course w/k cover. Ansari has it in him to be a useful No 7/spinner, followed by Batty at 8 - who surely deserves the full time captaincy if he wants it. The pace attack, which I hope will continue to be disrupted by England calls, for me should be in this order of choice: Meaker, Dernbach, Linley, with Lewis as experienced cover (no more), then the youngsters according to vacancies and 2nd XI form. Jewell has thrown his hat firmly into the ring to become a good late middle order/seam all rounder - the player Chris Jordan never quite became.

A year older and a year wiser, I hope that bunch would give us more to smile about and fewer grey hairs than this season. Thoughts?

Simon - interesting thoughts. At the moment I would say next year's side looks fairly fragile. Bearing in mind that the best years of Brain, Solanki and Lewis are past, KP (if still a Surrey player) may well not be available much, there are big doubts over Tremlett's fitness and form, Dernbach rarely seems to perform well in the cc. So, a lot depends on who we might bring in to replace those who have left. I think we would be heavily dependent on Burns continuing to progress, Davies to have a good season with the bat, and Harinath establishing a position near the top of the order; plus of course Meaker being fit and available most of the time. And maybe the Viscount being selected more consistently earlier in the season so he can find form.... So all in all I would say it was very uncertain. We've had a few helpful pitches for spinners, not least at the Oval, but that ploy only works if our spin attack is as strong as this year, which is not clear .... Erm

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVERBOY Mon 17 Sep 2012, 2:21 pm

Steve Davies continues to suffer deep traumas about recent tragic events at the club.
We must hope that the right help and advice are available to him in the coming months allowing him to get his career back on track.

LOVERBOY

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVERBOY Mon 17 Sep 2012, 2:22 pm

Linley is considering his options and may decide to move on.

LOVERBOY

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 20 Sep 2012, 6:00 pm

''A Tough Season''

Interesting enough interview of Adams under this heading on the Club web site even if Churchy has some way to go to rival Paxman.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 20 Sep 2012, 9:07 pm

guildfordbat wrote:''A Tough Season''

Interesting enough interview of Adams under this heading on the Club web site even if Churchy has some way to go to rival Paxman.

Laugh Very true Guildford on both counts. I was pleased to learn that Batty is the latest in the long line of people who have been "immense in the dressing room". On this occasion I am inclined to think it is a fair comment.

Churchy is a good guy. But he does come across more like a counselor than an investigative journalist. He is so much part of the Surrey set up that it would probably be very difficult for him to ask any sort of awkward questions about what the culture and discipline in the club was like at the time of the tragedy - or even simply to ask why Spriegel had had so few recent opportunities in the cc when he was consistently playing so maturely in the CB40...

Adams giving out the message that he is not looking to recruit loads of players...Maybe he is partly lowering expectations....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 20 Sep 2012, 9:28 pm

guildfordbat wrote:''A Tough Season''

Laugh Very true Guildford on both counts. I was pleased to learn that Batty is the latest in the long line of people who have been "immense in the dressing room". On this occasion I am inclined to think it is a fair comment.

Churchy is a good guy. But he does come across more like a counselor than an investigative journalist. He is so much part of the Surrey set up that it would probably be very difficult for him to ask any sort of awkward questions about what the culture and discipline in the club was like at the time of the tragedy - or even simply to ask why Spriegel had had so few recent opportunities in the cc when he was consistently playing so maturely in the CB40...

Adams giving out the message that he is not looking to recruit loads of players...Maybe he is partly lowering expectations....

As Churchy might say, wise words. Until the morrow. Smile

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Fri 21 Sep 2012, 4:03 pm

Surrey County Cricket Club have today agreed to a request from Rory Hamilton-Brown to release him from his contract.
The decision means that, after a three year stint at Surrey, Hamilton-Brown is now free to sign for other counties.
what a sad story Sad

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Fri 21 Sep 2012, 4:54 pm

jimbobgooner wrote:Surrey County Cricket Club have today agreed to a request from Rory Hamilton-Brown to release him from his contract.
The decision means that, after a three year stint at Surrey, Hamilton-Brown is now free to sign for other counties.
what a sad story Sad

Agreed, JimBob.

I believe Tom Maynard's inquest is due to be reconvened on Monday. That may or may not be connected with the announcement of this decision.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Sep 2012, 5:15 pm

real sad news, but its probably best for the player himself, who still hasnt recovered from losing his best mate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Fri 21 Sep 2012, 10:29 pm

Jimbo, Guildford and CF - Yes, I fear so. And I expect the Inquest will confirm that. Even if not that much detail comes out I think it is likely to bring home afresh that the tragic events in the night didn't just happen out of nothing... Sad

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Sun 23 Sep 2012, 11:08 am

Interesting comments from Guildford's favourite journalistic source Richard Spilller who says (my highlighting):

"SURREY have money to spend – but chief executive Richard Gould has said they are determined not to fritter it away.

Another reconstruction of the squad has been made necessary following the retirement of Mark Ramprakash and what looks likely to be the imminent departure of former skipper Rory Hamilton-Brown, who has been formally approached by both Somerset and Sussex.

He spent a long period out of the side following the death in June of his team-mate and friend Tom Maynard, whose runs must also be replaced, and failed to make much impact on an abortive return in late summer.

All-rounder Matthew Spriegel’s exit to Northants also leaves a big hole in the one-day side and so far the only new faces on the staff are veteran batsman Vikram Solanki – moving from Worcestershire – and young opener Dominic Sibley.

“The resources are available and we were £200,000 below the wage cap of £1.8m,” said Gould, before adding: “We want every pound to be well spent.

“Money isn’t flying around for anyone at the moment and any players we bring in will need to have the ambition which matches ours rather than thinking they have made it.”

Gould said that no formal approaches had been made to players at other counties but Surrey also need to find a new captain and may look to their next overseas signing for that, with a top-order batsman likely to be in their calculations.

Team director Chris Adams – assuming he remains in charge – will need to recruit wisely and his record with overseas players has not been encouraging, with rather more misses than hits in his four years at The Oval.

And the way ageing seamer Jon Lewis faded in his first year with the club – taking 25 wickets in seven matches early on but only six in as many games after the T20 break - has underlined the dangers of recruiting players, like 36-year-old Solanki, who are already at the veteran stage.
....."

Sounds like Guildfordbat has been briefing Spiller about Lewis. Very Happy If Solanki turns out to be someone who is immense in the dressing room but barely meriting selection on the pitch that will not reflect at well on Adams....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 23 Sep 2012, 11:42 am

Corporal - smashing post. clap

First off, I'm not Richard Spiller. Secondly, he's not taking instructions from me. Very Happy

However, I certainly like him and his articles. I e-mailed him at the Surrey Ad a couple of years ago asking for some more detail on an article he had written about our contracted players. He came back straightaway and gave me some additional info. Probably more significantly and to his credit, he also told me what he didn't know.

He's generally pretty cynical about Adams which I also rather like.

As I've said before, he's quicker off the mark and more informative than the Club web site. For followers outside of the Surrey Ad catchment area, I would recommend trying to find his articles online.

I'm sure Spiller won't hold back this coming Friday ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbobgooner Mon 24 Sep 2012, 2:47 pm

Gareth Batty has signed a new two year deal at Surrey County Cricket Club and is now under contract at the club until 2014. clap
i dont think any surrey fan will have a complaint about that
if you ever watch a interview with him you know he is a top man who cares about this club thumbsup

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:39 pm

Spot on, JimBob.

Amazing how Batty has turned people round - including me! Admittedly, my admiration is more for him as a man than a slow bowler but what the heck - he's done a very fine job in terrible circumstances.

It does seem the Club are looking to bring in a new skipper as no mention was made of the captaincy when Batty's new contract was announced.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Mon 24 Sep 2012, 10:56 pm

Guildford you're probably right about captaincy; though you will also have seen the theory that they may be keeping their options open in case there is another signing who could be offered captaincy as part of the package....

Jimbob - agreed - another good interview with Batty on the Surrey website, tho' in something of a first the catering staff don't get a mention. Very Happy

What are the odds on this as a scenario re captaincy? A high profile player from outside is offered the captaincy as bait to lure him to the club. It turns out to be a complete disaster. He is neither immense in the dressing room nor on the pitch. Surrey go into melt down. Adams is given the heave-ho. Meanwhile Spriegel gets established at Northants in their first team and is lured back on quadruple his recent salary for the following season.... Erm

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 24 Sep 2012, 11:19 pm

Corporal - listen again to the interview! Early on Batty pays tribute to several including Churchy and then 'Princess who does the food'. Very Happy

I suspect the Club are probably trying to keep their options open as regards the captaincy. That may be understandable but it's hardly a ringing endorsement of Batty's credentials which in turn will make it harder for the captaincy to be offered to him later on.

Your scenario remains somewhere between possible and highly probable. Wink

Meanwhile, Tom Maynard's inquest was due to be reconvened today. All has been very quiet. Possibly it has been postponed further. I do know though that a highly reputable local journalistic source is following up ....

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jbd349 Tue 25 Sep 2012, 9:38 pm

I heard that they were wanting the oversees player to be captain, but I assume that if they can't find a suitable candidate, they will continue with Batty (something I have no problem with).

jbd349

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 25 Sep 2012, 10:10 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Corporal - listen again to the interview! Early on Batty pays tribute to several including Churchy and then 'Princess who does the food'. Very Happy
Laugh Thanks Guildford, I should have known better. There was a slightly mumbled bit after the reference to Churchy, which must have been the catering reference. Perhaps Batty had his mouth full at the time.... Wink

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue 25 Sep 2012, 10:29 pm

guildfordbat wrote:Corporal - listen again to the interview! Early on Batty pays tribute to several including Churchy and then 'Princess who does the food'. Very Happy
Laugh Thanks Guildford, I should have known better. There was a slightly mumbled bit after the reference to Churchy, which must have been the catering reference. Perhaps Batty had his mouth full at the time.... Wink

Laugh Laugh

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 26 Sep 2012, 9:48 pm

Interview with Tremlett on the Surrey website, about his new one year contract. He does recognise that in his comeback cc game against Lancs at Guildford (as 606v2 posters who watched him noted at the time) he wasn't quite right there with his recovery plan.

A fully fit Tremlett alongside a firing Meaker is an excellent attack. All we need is for it to happen....

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 26 Sep 2012, 10:25 pm

Thanks, Corporal. I'll watch the Tremlett interview shortly.

Meanwhile, a quick mention of an incredible link with Surrey history [as flagged on the official web site].

Bill Gordon, deservedly the recent winner of a PCA Special Award, joined the Club in 1964 and has been on the staff for almost all the following forty-eight years. Mainly on the ground staff and then head groundsman before moving recently into a museum curator role.

His first role back in 1964 was as a scoreboard operator assisting Andrew Sandham. Sandham was the former Surrey and occasionally England opening partner of Jack Hobbs. Sandham's first innings for Surrey was in 1911, over fifty years before Gordon assisted him and now more than a hundred years ago.

I can't see that being matched in a hurry.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Thu 27 Sep 2012, 5:40 pm

Reports circulating that Surrey are trying to sign South Africa's Graeme Smith, possibly as captain.

I'm sure my man Spiller is on the case .... Wink

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jbd349 Thu 27 Sep 2012, 7:05 pm

A link to the article on Cricinfo regarding Smith:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/southafrica/content/current/story/584201.html

If this happens, it would be great for Surrey, but I can't see him quitting SAfrica right now.

jbd349

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 27 Sep 2012, 10:36 pm

I assume Smith wouldn't be interested unless he had already pretty much decided to withdraw from international cricket.

Guildford - thanks for highlighting my comments about Dernbach on the T20 thread. The way things are going we might find he has greater availability for Surrey next season than we might have expected... Whether that would be a good thing for Surrey in the cc I am not too sure....Erm

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Sep 2012, 1:09 pm

not suprisingly smith has turned down the offer.

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVERBOY Fri 28 Sep 2012, 3:20 pm

Re: County Ins and outs
by LOVERBOY Today at 3:13 pm

.LOVERBOY wrote:
Everyone has been offered the Surrey captaincy,including Graeme Smith,Chris Rodgers,Nick Compton and they've all turned it down,don't be surprised if Solanki get's saddled with it in the end,even at 175 grand a year who needs all that hassle????----------------------------------------------------------

The Smith story was buried long ago,even after Surry had upped their offer to almost £200,000 a year.
His Test and IPL commitments always made it a non-starter..

LOVERBOY

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 03 Oct 2012, 11:32 am

Some more contracts agreed at Surrey, according to the official website. George Edwards (20) has two year contract. Dominic Sibley (the highly promising batsman who still has two more years at school) has been awarded a two year summer contract. Freddie van den Bergh (20), aka known as the Berger Van and who is currently parked up at Durham has been awarded a summer contract - length unspecified - following what is described as a "solid" season with the 2nd XI.

These signings complement the recent contracts given to Burns, Ansari and Jewell.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Thu 04 Oct 2012, 7:49 pm

Also Harinath signs two year contract and Wilson a one year contract.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by LOVERBOY Fri 12 Oct 2012, 4:23 pm

Gary Keedy becomes the latest recruit to The Surrey over 35 club!

LOVERBOY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next