The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hatton talking with Katsidis!! you buy it??

+4
bhb001
88Chris05
Day V Lately
TRUSSMAN66
8 posters

Go down

Hatton talking with Katsidis!! you buy it?? Empty Hatton talking with Katsidis!! you buy it??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:35 pm

Apparently Katsidis seems to think Hatton is interested in a possible fight after he beats Burns for the WBO title.....

Ideal fight should Ricky be interested......War..wouldn't have to worry about angles and Katsidis is a name that can guarantee exposure and books..

Could happen because Hatton is obviously missing the sport...and missing the spotlight..

Probably won't because of licence issues and just how much would inactivity hurt Hatton....

Then again how sharp would you need to be for Katsy!!..who's past it too...

Hatton playing with him?? Or is he serious...

Could be a pickem fight!!

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extra segment)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Hatton talking with Katsidis!! you buy it?? Empty Re: Hatton talking with Katsidis!! you buy it??

Post by Day V Lately Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:47 pm

It probably would be an entertaining fight, but still shouldnt really happen, One guy who's no longer world level, against someone just below world level, whos also probabaly on the way down.

Could just be Kats angling for a big payday while he's in the country.

Day V Lately

Back to top Go down

Hatton talking with Katsidis!! you buy it?? Empty Re: Hatton talking with Katsidis!! you buy it??

Post by 88Chris05 Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:53 pm

I don't believe for a single second it'll happen, or that there have been any serious discussions between the two of them. As I said in another thread, I reckon it's just a case of Katsidis trying to spark interest over here as he knows he has a following in Britain due to the Earl and Mitchell wins.

That said, if by some chance it did happen, I'd certainly be watching, and would be shelling out extra if it were PPV, too. I imagine most would; the vast majority of people would be right behind Hatton no matter how ill-advised a comeback it was, just as they were in his glory days, and Katsidis is a proven value for money fighter. It would have 'brutal scrap' written all over it from the outset, too, though I reckon Hatton might be absolutely blown away early on against any world class or fringe world class opponent these days given his inactivity, ballooning in weight and lack of defence, which was never a strong point to begin with.

Like I said, I don't think for a single second that there's any truth in it, but if Hatton surprised us all and did lace up the gloves for one last time against Katsidis, I'd be a more than willing PPV customer.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:54 pm

This has already been done and shown to be an article from 2007. Can you provide any new references? Either way, won't happen. Hatton couldn't make the weight and would be to ring rusty for it to be entertaining

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:00 pm

bhb it was on bunces boxing hour on monday katsdis was talking to bunce about the fight is in preparation after burns. whether theres any truth in that it remains to be seen.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:17 pm

Can't see him getting past Burns to be honest, gets found out every time he steps his toes into the world level, not saying Burns is top drawer but has enough to see Katsidis off.
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:19 pm

burns is gonna take a pounding

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveVDK Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:20 pm

Would of been a great fight a few years ago, hope it doesnt happen for Rickys sake mainly

DaveVDK

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:29 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:bhb it was on bunces boxing hour on monday katsdis was talking to bunce about the fight is in preparation after burns. whether theres any truth in that it remains to be seen.

Thanks for this, Alex. I still say there is no chance this will happen, though. I still want to run another half marathon like I did when I was 16, but where the heart is willing, the body, sadly, is not.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:12 am

bang on bhb... rickys punch resistance will be worsened and he was never too hard to find...
and worst of all kats has a wallop.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:31 am

I think it's insulting to the hardcore fans for the likes of Bunce to even entertain this idea, if for some strange reason it did go ahead it's only for us to line their pockets, no thanks. Would have been a cracker a couple of years ago.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:30 am

To be fair what was Bunce meant to say... Right in front of Katsidis "This fight is a joke?"

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:35 am

No just be a bit honest and ask why people would be interested. Or arrange for it not to be talked about, i've not seen it yet so don't know how the conversation started or came about. I'm just sick of uncompetetive fights where there is only one winner and they get paid millions.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:32 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:To be fair what was Bunce meant to say... Right in front of Katsidis "This fight is a joke?"

Why not? He is an interviewer. He isn't there to pander to their egos. He should be the voice of the populace. Never going to happen, though, is it!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down