The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fantasy 606v2 fourball

+20
gaelgowfer
Skydriver
JAS
barragan
1GrumpyGolfer
Doon the Water
McLaren
Doc
MustPuttBetter
navyblueshorts
kwinigolfer
NedB-H
Nay
Mercurio
drive4show
Maverick
JPX
Davie
Diggers
super_realist
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Fantasy 606v2 fourball Empty Fantasy 606v2 fourball

Post by super_realist Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:44 pm

It's been a bit serious and humourless on here lately, so thought I'd try and help return the forum to it's normal jovial self. So..........

Pick your fourball from the regulars on here.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Fantasy 606v2 fourball Empty Re: Fantasy 606v2 fourball

Post by Diggers Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:46 pm

Super, I think if you are going to do a thread like this its only fair you go first.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:48 pm

I'd choose to partner Mav against super and mac

With his +1ness on my side and super and mac bickering all the way around it wouldn't matter if I couldn't hit a cow's ass with a banjo

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Wed 09 Nov 2011, 12:51 pm

Gael
Diggers
JDandFries

I might not make it to the 18th! Laugh

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:00 pm

Davie wrote:I'd choose to partner Mav against super and mac

With his +1ness on my side and super and mac bickering all the way around it wouldn't matter if I couldn't hit a cow's ass with a banjo

A jovial comment but one that would make an interesting 4ball. Would we break tradition though and be the first to by Mac a pint in the bar afterwards

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:04 pm

Hmm....this is quite a thought provoking thread! Really not sure I can get it down to just a 4ball.

So far I have met up with LJ, JAS, NST, Lord and Ladyputt, SJ, Oldshanker, puligny and very briefly, Turnip. I would very happily play golf with all of them again.

I'm trying to arrange a game right now with Marcus, playing with JAS and possibly NST on Saturday and puligny on Sunday. I'd love to have a game with kwini and Mac at some point in the future and I'm pretty sure I'll get something arranged with Mav, maybe in the spring.

Although that could degenerate into a drinking and chasing Bella lookalikes fiasco Whistle

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:26 pm

I've tried to organise 4balls before, but no-one was interested so I don't want to play with any of you.

So there raspberry

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:34 pm

Its because we have since found via emails that your a troublemaker on the course laughing

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:35 pm

Mercurio wrote:I've tried to organise 4balls before, but no-one was interested so I don't want to play with any of you.

So there raspberry

Shocked

Laugh

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by NedB-H Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:38 pm

3 other guys who haven't played for about 4 years!

NedB-H

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:48 pm

I would have Keizo, Simba and Max, although wouldn't that just be a two ball?

(I could then drown him in the pond with no one else around to witness.......) Yahoo

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:50 pm

Difficult thread to make a call on though.

AS D4S says, were trying to arrange something for the spring, best make sure the overnight stay is post golf as it could get messy and the local bella's could be in trouble.

Also trying to arrange something with Diggers, post mini Diggers mk2 birth.

So they'll be good and looking forward to this Would've liked to have met up with LJ and his Lime green strides before he got wrongly outed.

A round Stateside with 1GG, Kwini and Shotrock would prove enlightening and interesting. Have to play some where like HHI though.

As for back here. A round with SR, Mac and Doon would be interesting round TOC. Not sure how long I'd be able to listen to Mac but be good to put a name to the face and openly state what I think is wrong with TOC and if Mac behaves he could even have his first post round beer with someone.

Would look forward to a round with Davie, Doc and D4S, somewhat of a devient round so best be somewhere there's not to many ladies about as think they'd be in danger of the 4 offenders chasing them round.

Likewise a weekend away, with NST and Jas could lead to many drinks, some karaoke and maybe some golf at the end of the week.

Likewise Merc and GolferMartin both pretty close to me and be good to get out and have the banter as long as we avoind slow play goons

there really is too many good choices to have just one 4 ball.

If you asked me to pick a 4ball i'd avoid thats another thing

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:52 pm

Mercurio wrote:I've tried to organise 4balls before, but no-one was interested so I don't want to play with any of you.

So there raspberry

I'm up for a game Merc. Email me laughing

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 09 Nov 2011, 1:58 pm

Maverick wrote:Would look forward to a round with Davie, Doc and D4S, somewhat of a devient round so best be somewhere there's not to many ladies about as think they'd be in danger of the 4 offenders chasing them round.

I resent that remark! laughing

Actually that sounds a damn good 4-ball. My only weak spot would be that I'm not into the "ruby-murrays" that seem to go apres-golf. Never been known to turn down a good drinking session though Wink

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:01 pm

Davie wrote:
Maverick wrote:Would look forward to a round with Davie, Doc and D4S, somewhat of a devient round so best be somewhere there's not to many ladies about as think they'd be in danger of the 4 offenders chasing them round.

Actually that sounds a damn good 4-ball. My only weak spot would be that I'm not into the "ruby-murrays" that seem to go apres-golf. Never been known to turn down a good drinking session though Wink

Poof

Laugh

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:03 pm

Davie wrote:

Resentment oh well laughing

Think it'd be a good craic, there certainly would be a drinking session involved guinness I reckon we get you greased up then you won't be able to turn down a ruby, we'll break you in gently with a Fahl...... Erm

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:07 pm

Perhaps Shotrock, venice, Grumpy and I could take one of the GB&I fourballs on?
Though not sure Shotrock, venice and Grumpers would be happy with that; Scramble perhaps?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:23 pm

Would be great to play with any and all from here (even Keizo might be interesting). Hug

Have to say it'd be a good to have a round with Mav as it'd be nice to see a +1 in action and it'd be great to put a face to the fount of all things golfing and general nice guy that's Kwini.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:24 pm

Maverick wrote:Difficult thread to make a call on though.

AS D4S says, were trying to arrange something for the spring, best make sure the overnight stay is post golf as it could get messy and the local bella's could be in trouble.

So they'll be good and looking forward to this Would've liked to have met up with LJ and his Lime green strides before he got wrongly outed.

A round Stateside with 1GG, Kwini and Shotrock would prove enlightening and interesting. Have to play some where like HHI though.

As for back here. A round with SR, Mac and Doon would be interesting round TOC. Not sure how long I'd be able to listen to Mac but be good to put a name to the face and openly state what I think is wrong with TOC and if Mac behaves he could even have his first post round beer with someone.

Would look forward to a round with Davie, Doc and D4S, somewhat of a devient round so best be somewhere there's not to many ladies about as think they'd be in danger of the 4 offenders chasing them round.

Likewise a weekend away, with NST and Jas could lead to many drinks, some karaoke and maybe some golf at the end of the week.

Likewise Merc and GolferMartin both pretty close to me and be good to get out and have the banter as long as we avoind slow play goons

I think you've mentioned everyone there.
Oh, except me. Love sacks to you all!
No friends, just call me the new Mac Crying or Very sad raspberry
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:26 pm

Maverick wrote:...we'll break you in gently with a Fahl...... Erm

laughing Had the aforementioned phall once...... Yikes. Not had it again!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:27 pm

Perhaps a 606v2 Stableford with a lap dance from Bella being first prize.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:30 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:

Funny thing is MPB is was thinking of you as I typed Mercs name and was meant to add you to that list but something else caught my eye, (the young blond walking past my window) and I forgot in that moment. But your not too far from me so whould arrange something

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:34 pm

Maverick wrote: Funny thing is MPB is was thinking of you as I typed Mercs name and was meant to add you to that list but something else caught my eye, (the young blond walking past my window) and I forgot in that moment. But your not too far from me so whould arrange something

Nope. It's too late now. It's over
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:35 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Maverick wrote:...we'll break you in gently with a Fahl...... Erm

laughing Had the aforementioned phall once...... Yikes. Not had it again!

Am quite partial to a Phall, think I have dead taste buds as don't find them overly hot

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:36 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:
Maverick wrote: Funny thing is MPB is was thinking of you as I typed Mercs name and was meant to add you to that list but something else caught my eye, (the young blond walking past my window) and I forgot in that moment. But your not too far from me so whould arrange something

Nope. It's too late now. It's over
kiss

Before it began too.... Sad

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:36 pm

What are the chances of actually having a big meet next spring. Somewhere central with hotel, leisure and of course a couple of courses. I would be open to this and as we all live all over the Uk, maybe Leiecestershire would be the spot to do it; Greetham Valley seems to fit the bill, but never played the courses

http://www.greethamvalley.co.uk/

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:38 pm

Just as long as Max comes along Doc, I'd love to see what a student/entrepreneur who commutes from Wales to go to Cambridge University at an all girls college doing a course that doesn't even exist and who plays of +13 is like.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:40 pm

Not sure there is anyone I wouldn’t play with, but I guess things would be a little awkward between me and Super. It would not however be awkward enough for me to turn down a cheap round on the TOC with him.

I guess choosing the course is also a crucial part of this dream fourball and I would choose North Berwick, not the choice many of you would have expected. I just think it is a great course and would love to enjoy a round on it with some of the characters on here especially if they had not played it before.

Now to the people involved, a fourball seems a little limiting so as well as the players I would have caddies and drinks trolley. As a former chef I think it only right that Super push the refreshment cart hopefully stocked with good beers and tasty sandwiches. Just wondering if simba could be deployed as a scout?

The first caddie player combo I would invite would be Kwini/shotrock as team USA, not bothered who plays and who caddies but hopefully there would be a second afternoon 18 so the roles could be reversed. Kwini seems like a great guy to spend time with and someone who could offer so much knowledge about the game. I think shotrock shares my interesrt in architecture so it would be good to talk about the great courses with him as we play.

Next I would invite D4s and Lairdy, something about these guys makes me think I would get along with them in real life. Again they can choose the caddie player combo.

I may have had the odd issue with oldparwin over the time on 606 and V2 but would invite him and doon along as the last pair. You gotta love a good tale and these guys seem to have been immersed in the game for a long time.

For the same reason I think oldshanker would be invited along as honorary starter and match referee.

What to do about those left out as I feel kinda bad not including everyone?

Positions still to be filled;

Scorer
Bunker rakers
Shag caddie
Reporter
Slow fourball ahead of us

Any takers?

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:41 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:

This probably wont cheer you up but you'd be in my 4 ball MPB. Maybe with Dynamark and Super.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:42 pm

Why would they be awkward Mac?, just because we don't agree on anything, doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy a round of golf with you. I regularly tussle with OP and Diggers too, but still be more than happy to have a round with them.
I'd probably turn down your offer of a pint though. Laugh

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:42 pm

PS

Just realised I dont have a caddie, now come on who wants that role?

Mav maybe?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:45 pm

McLaren wrote:PS

Just realised I dont have a caddie, now come on who wants that role?

Mav maybe?

Happily caddie for you Mac, would be an honour and an interesting day.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:49 pm

It might get a bit heavy carrying 14 hickory shafts, a 12 year old wizard and a leatherbound coffee table edition of Doak around Mav.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:54 pm

super_realist wrote:It might get a bit heavy carrying 14 hickory shafts, a 12 year old wizard and a leatherbound coffee table edition of Doak around Mav.

Hickory's wouldn't make it into the bag super, I'd pick his clubs, 12 year old wizards would be banned as they would associate me with some sort of REGISTER. As for DOAK i'd burn that ceremoniously on the 1st tee, and caddying would be done according to whatever ability Mac decides he is on the day so somewhere between 3-15.

Think it'd be an interesting day

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Wed 09 Nov 2011, 2:54 pm

I would send my jet for Kwinni to make up a match with Gael and Oldparwin.
at Castle Stuart. [Chewin the Fat aboot Golf, Scotland an Whisky.]

Pity on the match that holds us up!

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 09 Nov 2011, 3:06 pm

No chance with Gael, she's always trying to get a clandestine leg over with Mr Gael (poor Bar Steward) mid round so 4 balls with strangers are out of the question.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 09 Nov 2011, 3:12 pm

I'm waiting for the jet right now, Doon!
I think we might be the only four-ball/scramble with any chance of shooting our average age.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 09 Nov 2011, 3:20 pm

Diggers wrote:This probably wont cheer you up but you'd be in my 4 ball MPB. Maybe with Dynamark and Super.

Thanks Digs.
I was thinking about selling my spots for friends but will go public with my choice of Mav, Digs and Super.

I'd also like at some point to have a round with D4S, Kwini, Davie and Doon. Tarka cracks me up so he'll have to come up from the west country too.
I'd even play golf with Mac if no one else could make it Hug
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 09 Nov 2011, 3:22 pm

There are some interesting observations coming out of this thread!

1) Mac and Super are actually the same person. Come on folks, have you ever seen them in the same room at the same time? No. Proves my point.

2) Doon has the hots for gael but I don't think she is interested. Kinda get the impression she is after someone a bit more youthful. Could be ban_bam she is after.

3) MPB is very sensitive and doesn't like to be left out. No excuse really, heavy concentration of 606'ers in his locale.

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 09 Nov 2011, 3:26 pm

drive4show wrote:3) MPB is very sensitive and doesn't like to be left out. No excuse really, heavy concentration of 606'ers in his locale.

I don't mind being talked about being left out Very Happy
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Wed 09 Nov 2011, 3:28 pm

Maverick wrote:

So there raspberry

This Sunday at Mannings Heath?

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Wed 09 Nov 2011, 3:32 pm

D4S

I have always liked women who are not afraid to put chauvanistic male golfers in their place.

You also seem to forget that I shall be forever young as I have still to celebrate my 16th birthday.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 09 Nov 2011, 3:32 pm

Oh, Merc too I need to arrange a game with!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 09 Nov 2011, 3:34 pm

Leap year baby Doon?
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 09 Nov 2011, 3:34 pm

Mercurio wrote:
Maverick wrote:

So there raspberry

This Sunday at Mannings Heath?

Damn you man, this sunday is my daughters 5th birthday and i've promised her we would take her out for the day to the cinema.

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 09 Nov 2011, 3:36 pm

Doon

please share your secret of eternal youth, my youth is rapidly diminishing!!

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed 09 Nov 2011, 3:41 pm

I think I'd be pretty much happy to play with any of the posters on here. Well, okay, Simba , Max, Keizo might just draw the line there. Whistle

I'd be more than happy to meet up with any of you guys that come stateside. I saw that D4S's trip to Myrtle Beach was a great sucess and I think they are planning to do it again. I was wondering whether I could gatecrash some of the golf next time. kiss

The apres curry may have to go by the wayside, I can count on the fingers of one hand how many decent curries I have had in the states.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercurio Wed 09 Nov 2011, 3:43 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:Oh, Merc too I need to arrange a game with!

Forgettable, that's what your are

Forgettable, near and far

Like a fart in a spacesuit you cling to me

The thought of playing golf with you disturbs me

Never before has someone been more

forgettable in every way

Crying or Very sad

Mercurio

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Wed 09 Nov 2011, 3:43 pm

So Doon do you double up and celebrate on 2 days? I bet you're really excited for next year Ok!

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 09 Nov 2011, 3:47 pm

Merc, is that a compliment?
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down