The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gregory Iron petition to compete in the Rumble

+3
TwisT
Kay Fabe
ADMIN
7 posters

Go down

Gregory Iron petition to compete in the Rumble Empty Gregory Iron petition to compete in the Rumble

Post by ADMIN Thu 10 Nov 2011, 1:19 pm

Gregory Iron petition to be in the Rumble

Gregory Iron is currently a wrestler on the Chikara roster, Chikara is a great fed where it’s very much about putting the fans first and you can see that the vast majority of the roster love their job.
Gregory Iron though is somewhat different. He was born with Cerebral Palsy (which both my Uncle and a nephew suffer with) and as a result he has extremely limited usage of his right lower arm. This though never stopped him from his dream, to become a professional wrestler. Earlier this year CM Punk watched Iron in action with Colt Cabana and had the following to say about Iron:

You're awesome! You overcome more than I ever have just waking up every morning. The fact that you became a pro wrestler, I'm only assuming it's because it was something you wanted to do. You didn't let anybody tell you that you couldn't do it ... I saw something special watching you in this ring.

Iron is happy to let the heel mock his disability to build them heat and to put him over further as a face and he’s just released a video of him requesting for fans to petition for him to get a place in the Royal Rumble this year. I’ve already tweeted it to several wrestlers, El Generico has retweeted it but if you have a spare minute please tweet etc for his cause.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9agBnZ-HtY

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Gregory Iron petition to compete in the Rumble Empty Re: Gregory Iron petition to compete in the Rumble

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 10 Nov 2011, 2:55 pm

What do you think about this Maccs?

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Gregory Iron petition to compete in the Rumble Empty Re: Gregory Iron petition to compete in the Rumble

Post by TwisT Thu 10 Nov 2011, 3:04 pm

It seems a remarkable feat and one that should be applauded, for sheer dedication. In a way he was lucky (in a weird sort of way) that it affected his right arm and not his left, because that would have been a good excuse for people not to give him a chance.

Whether he will participate in the Rumble or not. I'm sure the experience would be fantastic for him (who wouldn't want to be in a rumble match?!), but I would hate it if it simply became a comedy segment. "Oh look, a disabled guy in the Rumble."

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu 10 Nov 2011, 3:06 pm

With the Rumble being really large now it would seem strange if the WWE didn't take an opportunity like this to kiss ass with some equal opportunities groups and give him a segment in there when things are quiet alongside a strong face.

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 10 Nov 2011, 3:14 pm

Yeah, but lets say he and Santino do the cobra. It would make me as a viewer uncomfortable. I would want to laugh, but wouldn't want to at the same time. However, as Gregory wants to participate in it then I am all for it.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Thu 10 Nov 2011, 3:22 pm

the-gaffer wrote:What do you think about this Maccs?

The guy is genuinely a talented wrestler from the clips I've seen, obviously he's limited in his move set compared to a fully-bodied wrestler but he's certainly a lot more gifted than guys given big pushes in the WWE over the years.
It would have to be done in the right way, I worry that WWE would struggle to do that though.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 10 Nov 2011, 3:34 pm

WWE never ridiculed Zack Gowan did they?

Or did they?

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 11 Nov 2011, 9:40 am

Will yes they did, but in some respects Gowan must have played on it to get himself over with the fans. It is the sympathy vote. I don't think Gowan was annoyed at the way WWE used him as a gimmick. Unfortunatly, how else could they have used him?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 11 Nov 2011, 1:25 pm

Hasn't Vince drop JR from the booth before because he didn't have the cosmetic look (due to the affects on Bells Palsy)? Can't see him in WWE for that reason....

Great effort from this guy, tremendous dedication

But....

This might get some heat but how can it be believable that a guy who's basically disabled can beat able bodied competitors? It was the same with Zach Gowen who I consider the worst 'superstar' in history

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 11 Nov 2011, 1:50 pm

Well he is doing ok in his federation and has been a title holder. Whether you feel this is correct or not comes down to whether the "make-believe" of wrestling is going a step too far.

For instance, Hornswoggle....

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 11 Nov 2011, 2:20 pm

xTwisTx wrote:Well he is doing ok in his federation and has been a title holder. Whether you feel this is correct or not comes down to whether the "make-believe" of wrestling is going a step too far.

Hornswoggle I guess appeals to kids & is seen as a comedy act (he can have his place at the bottom of the card if they must but he's awful), you obviously can't take this approach with this guy.

I'm guessing you couldn't have heels ripping his disability, this is worldwide television....Vince wouldn't get away with it whether the perform was ok with it or not

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Fri 11 Nov 2011, 2:30 pm

Gregory Iron & Zach Gowen team up as "An Arm and a Leg"

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Fri 11 Nov 2011, 4:13 pm

Brady12 wrote:
xTwisTx wrote:Well he is doing ok in his federation and has been a title holder. Whether you feel this is correct or not comes down to whether the "make-believe" of wrestling is going a step too far.

Hornswoggle I guess appeals to kids & is seen as a comedy act (he can have his place at the bottom of the card if they must but he's awful), you obviously can't take this approach with this guy.

I'm guessing you couldn't have heels ripping his disability, this is worldwide television....Vince wouldn't get away with it whether the perform was ok with it or not

True, but it seems he wants heels ripping his disability to get over as a face. On the indie scene, that is fine. But on worldwide television like you say.....it just screams "lawsuit" to me whether Gregory has the best intentions or not.

On the otherhand though if appearing at the Rumble is his goal, then good for him for trying to kick start a campaign. I just doubt WWE will touch it with a 100 foot bargepole. My only suggestion would be, if the WWE entertain the idea, for someone on the roster to build some heat against him (slamming him on Twitter for instance), and then Gregory coming out and playing a part in that heels elimination from the Rumble. However, I can't get beyond the idea that most, if not all, the fans won't have a clue and will wonder who the disabled guy is.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 11 Nov 2011, 4:55 pm

Vince wouldn't be against allowing heels to rip him for his disability, he encouraged Cole to talk about Lawlers mother just after she passed away as soon as Lawler OK'd it

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 11 Nov 2011, 5:24 pm

the-gaffer wrote:Vince wouldn't be against allowing heels to rip him for his disability, he encouraged Cole to talk about Lawlers mother just after she passed away as soon as Lawler OK'd it

Disagree Gaf, the backlash would be insane. With Lawler it affected only him, but ripping on disabled people affect more than just one guy on the roster. The whole disable community would be up in arms. How can a company promote anti bullying campaigns & then throw in the this?

He'd probably receive less criticsm if he turned Cena heel & had him refering to the Rock with that well know put down rhyming with trigger & begining with the letter N

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Fri 11 Nov 2011, 5:26 pm

It hardly did wonders for Glenn Hoddles career

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 11 Nov 2011, 5:37 pm

The offeding heel would have to be swiftly dealt with in true booking 101 fashion, I'd not be surprised either way

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down